Forum Settings
Forums

Fellow 30 year olds, do you intend to abandon anime now that you aren't young anymore? :)

New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 3, 2021 10:16 AM

Dec 2015
I'm 29 this year, I think, stop counting 20 years ago.

Don't really feel like I want to stop watching, if I would stop watching Anime, I think it would be if each year was like 2020. It would bore me to death,
It have been a really bad year for Anime in general. And I think that would be the only reason for me to quite watching.

I have watched around 150-175 shows from 2020 and it have been really bad.

But i'm still here finding new waifu and husbando's, I could care less what someone else think.

As long as I'm happy with what I do, I will keep doing it.

Jan 3, 2021 10:18 AM

Nov 2019
RandomFriday said:
A bit over 30 here. I picked up anime just recently (like 3-4 years ago) and do not intend to stop watching it anytime soon.
I think when I got older I realized that I dont have to be someone society expects me to be. If someone sees me as childish because I watch anime... well good for them I guess.
Getting older just raised my interest in "kids stuff"
edit: but I'm running out of good anime though. It is harder to find something worth my time nowadays. I also got some rl responsibilities.

BERSERK. Read berserk, monster, 20th century boys, vagabond, kingdom

Alll great series. you need more, just message on my profile. I'll hook you up with reccomendations
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka
Jan 3, 2021 10:20 AM

May 2015
I don't plan to do that, though I have a tendency to quit hobbies abruptly and turn to elsewhere. To tell you the truth I don't see much difference between watching a movie, a TV series, listening to music, reading a book or a watching an anime as a way of relaxation. You can say that the last one not considered a conventional way of letting off some steam after a certain age, but seriously who cares, anime is not much more trashier than the average american movies or the shows you have on TV. It depends on my mood and not on my age how I want to spend my free time.
Jan 3, 2021 10:24 AM
Jul 2020
I'm turning 26 in a few weeks and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon whether I'm 30 or 40. I could probably see myself watching less maybe simply due to factors out of my control(work, moving, family, etc) but that goes for pretty much anything in life. If I ever get married and have kids I wanna show them a lot of the anime I enjoyed growing up.
Jan 3, 2021 10:25 AM

Oct 2013
Dropping something you like watching simply because you are older than you were back when you started watching it is dumb as hell, to be honest.
Jan 3, 2021 10:26 AM

Jun 2020
Turning 30 this year, as long as I have free time I will watch anime.

If I have kids someday I could see myself being too busy while they are extremely young though. By the time they are 3-4-5 years old though, they can start watching Ghibli so I'll be back to watching anime!
Jan 3, 2021 10:36 AM
Apr 2017
I haven't watched any anime in about...2 or 3 months I think. It happens from time to time, when I have other stuff on my mind and I just don't feel like watching anime. No intention of stopping because of age (as if that meant anything, tbh, I'm more childish than most 20-something year olds I know), I just need the right mood to enjoy my hobbies.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jan 3, 2021 10:42 AM

Mar 2012
I'm 28. Don't intend abandoning something I like, nor gaming, nor anime. That's my hobby, I love the culture and that's that. Even as a busy adult you always have some free time. And don't ever listen to people who says "stop watching cartoons*" or "you're not a child to play games", these people are empty shells.

*immediate in my shit list when people calling anime as cartoons)))
Jan 3, 2021 10:44 AM
Dec 2019
I started to watch anime at 28 and I have a lot anime that I want to watch before I stop.
Jan 3, 2021 11:02 AM

May 2015
What do you mean? 30 isn't not young... besides, why abandon something you still enjoy just because of age? Or do you intend to quit ice cream too because it's for kids?

And what's the alternative? What entertainment do you intend to force yourself to enjoy now? All kinds of people watch Netflix and such and it's ok and appropriate. Why would anime be different just because it's drawn? It's still just a visual form of entertainment. The only valid reason to quit is when you genuinely become bored of it and isn't interested anymore.
Jan 3, 2021 11:20 AM
Oct 2008
I’m not giving up on anime or cartoons!

Ronin Warroris plus Sailor Moon anime was my introduction to anime, I still watch them. I love finding anime/manga on here, that I haven’t seen yet.

I also like watching cartoons, such as Rapunzels Tangled Adventure, Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss, Danny Phantom and countless others that I haven’t seen yet.

I also appreciate the fact that I can now understand the ‘adult’ jokes in kids shows (that would have gone over my head when I was younger)🤣😸.
Jan 3, 2021 11:33 AM

Feb 2020
I'm 37 and I don't have any intentions to drop my favorite hobby which gives me so much pleasure. <3
Jan 3, 2021 11:43 AM

Jun 2020
Auugh why do people always have this notion that 30 is old????!!!! *rolls eyes*

30 year olds always being told "OMG you look young for your age!" like what the? Find something better to say

Hydre_ItoJan 3, 2021 2:36 PM
Jan 3, 2021 11:47 AM

Dec 2015
At the age of 33 I finally decided to stop watching animation.
I really wanted to see the end of AoT and watch Soul with my family on Christmas.
But unfortunately the rules of society say that I can't have fun anymore, I just have to sit around in a pair of slippers reading the newspaper.
Jan 3, 2021 12:08 PM

Jan 2017
That's bs. There's animation for all kinds of genre and age groups. Anyone can enjoy a good anime or Cartoon. Doesn't matter if you're 5 or 80+.
Jan 3, 2021 12:15 PM

Jan 2014
KomaDoll said:
I'm just 27 now.. but nah don't plan to stop anytime soon..
KomaDoll said:
I'm just 27 now.. but nah don't plan to stop anytime soon..

Same here.

(30 character limit......)
Jan 3, 2021 12:43 PM

Apr 2014
i'm nearly 29 and i don't think i will stop watching anime anytime soon. But my tastes have evolved since my teenhood. I no longer can stand shonen shit but now i watch a lot of cgdct besides seinen stuff when i hated it when i was younger lol.
Jan 3, 2021 12:47 PM
May 2015
I hope to keep my interest in anime as strong and ongoing as I can manage.

And I hope to never quit it, at least just have it reduced.
Jan 3, 2021 2:05 PM

Sep 2007
I'm 32 (33 in June 2021), I'll still be watching anime till I'm either completely bored or lose interest in it.
Jan 3, 2021 2:09 PM

Mar 2020
No stopping for me

I am more concerned by people watching the Bachelor or the Kardashians etc
Jan 3, 2021 2:15 PM

Aug 2016
I'm 28 right now so that 30 is getting kinda close. Anime has become such a big part of my life. Entertainment, conventions, socializing. I don't see a way how i could even image this disappearing from my life. Even if war breaks out i would slap my waifus onto my helicopter.
Jan 3, 2021 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Never,
i do a lot of stuff in life and anime related stuff is always there
I know a lot of older ppl who are on the same boat and that love being that way too.
Metal and Otaku culture are always there with me no matter the age.
Jan 3, 2021 2:21 PM

Aug 2017
I'm not even close to 30 years old but its silly to abandon anime for that lol.
NurguburuJan 3, 2021 2:25 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 3, 2021 2:23 PM

Mar 2013
I will never let society dictate what I enjoy nor what I do based on my preferences. I doubt I'll ever stop watching anime or reading webtoons. Unless they stop making them.
Jan 3, 2021 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
Not 30 yet, but hell no...I don't plan to stop just because I'm in my 30's...Why would I stop doing something I enjoy just because society deems it "childish". Watching anime is at least still within reason...It's not like I'm riding around on a tricycle or something...
Jan 3, 2021 2:32 PM

Dec 2016
I'm not close to 30 years old but never be ashamed of watching anime or cartoons in general. The current atmosphere is leaning towards "geek" culture but it's just superheroes or cartoon animation.
Jan 3, 2021 3:05 PM
Nov 2009
Turned 30 last year in August, and if anything, I watched more anime in the last 4 months than I have for the past 5 years. Also I really started to get into manga, which I maybe even like more than anime atm.

I will say though, my anime taste has changed over the years. I don't have the patience anymore to watch hundreds of battle shounen episodes, and now prefer more seinen-ish stuff.
Jan 3, 2021 3:26 PM

Apr 2020
You never know when you'll "discover" anime. You can be 12 or 45. There's no proper age to enjoy anime.
Jan 3, 2021 3:39 PM
May 2011
I actually just got back into anime.
Jan 3, 2021 4:43 PM

Dec 2009
A quick browse through this thread and I realized, I must be the old man here. At over 50 I still watch anime, but mostly because I don't really like anything I see on TV or at the theaters. I have become a weeb, anime gives me that amusement and touch of political incorrectness I like that I can't find on TV any more. I can never let it go, not now not ever.
Jan 3, 2021 4:47 PM

Nov 2007
People who think you should drop your hobbies because you are an "adult" are the most childish people on this planet....If you do not find any anime anymore that sounds interesting to you, then sure, drop anime. But because of age? hell no. Istg the society expects your hobbies to be changing your children's diapers and filling up taxes and maybe signing up for cemetery space when you are 30...but I am over 30 and I never liked to follow societal expectations, so here I am. Of course, I do not have as much time for anime as when I was in my teens but still more time compared to when I was doing my Masters....
Jan 3, 2021 10:59 PM
Jul 2014
Hell no. I still enjoy it as an artform, and age doesn't change that.

Less tolerance for some of the weird shit which comes from the fandom, however...
Jan 4, 2021 12:12 AM

Oct 2013
I am not 30 yet, but isn't anime a hobby? Just like video games, reading books, using social media? Why should you drop a hobby simple because you are an adult?

If you still enjoy it why stop? As long as it is not something that is affecting you in any way I don't see why you would stop?

My Grandfather saw that I was playing video games and he is telling me that I am an adult now I shouldn't play video games? That really upset me, and shows how ignorant he is of today's world.

A lot of young adults live on Instagram, twitter, Tik tok etc and all they do is watch these social media influencers and take selfies and like post and comment and they do this for majority of the day, how is that any different from watching anime and playing video game? Sitting in your bed on your phone all day?

I am not criticizing these folks as I also do this as well just not to the same extend, but my point is we all have our hobbies.

If you can go out and try enjoy life too and try and interact with a few persons doesn't have to be many, just try and have something more into your life other than just your hobbies, I believe having a balance life is the best way to go around it.

But yeah, do what you love and don't make anyone tell you what not to love, the less you don't give a fuck on what anyone says the more those said persons will respect you.
Jan 4, 2021 12:18 AM
Oct 2017
Ironically I think that this is a very childish way of thinking. Just because you are a resposible adult that doesn't mean you have to abandon the things that you enjoy. If you still like anime and occasionally have time there is no reason to stop watching.
Jan 4, 2021 12:20 AM

Dec 2014
im 24, i have greatly reduced the number of shows im keeping up with. Afraid i might lose interest with anime altogether
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Jan 4, 2021 12:47 AM

May 2018
Hi. 39 here.

Give it a few years when being an adult loses its novelty and what others think stops being as important, then you'll discover that you're allowed to enjoy life in any way that appeals to you.

Your tastes may change or may remain the same, your free time and priorities may change, but your right and desire to enjoy your time does not. There are no written rules that dictate being a responsible adult means abandoning certain hobbies.
Jan 4, 2021 12:59 AM

Oct 2010
I actually intend to go back to it after a hiatus of like half a year when I just watched the new Haikyuu and a couple little things.
Jan 4, 2021 12:59 AM

May 2018
34 here.

Hell no... haha...i love what i do.
Jan 4, 2021 1:44 AM

Jun 2012
I'm 37. There was a time in the recent past when I had to put all of my interests and hobbies on hold, anime and manga included. I had to put priority on other things, more important things, and I don't regret that choice, but... That renunciation left me mentaly drained and miserable. I don't recommend it to anyone. After a few years of hiatus I was drawn back to anime and I found that it still brings me enjoyment, it's still fun. So, even though anime is targeted towards the younger audience (I am aware of that fact, thank you) I see no reason to not indulge in it.
Jan 4, 2021 2:33 AM

Jun 2017
When I was about 18 and going to university I thought that I was grown up and that I should give up on kids' stuff such as anime. It took me years to discover that I was wrong. Saying "I'm too old to be enjoying this" is not a sign of maturity - it's only a teenager's way of trying to convince himself and others that he has grown up.

Jan 4, 2021 3:05 AM

Sep 2013
I'm nowhere near 30 yet, but will be there soon. Still enjoy watching anime & reading manga as one of my hobbies. But you never know what's gonna happen in future, maybe I'll lost interest in it over time to focus on something else. Well, let's see how long I can keep it.
Jan 4, 2021 9:53 AM
Feb 2014
While I have not hit 30s and am in mid 20s, I must say, anime will probably always be part of my entertainment. However, the amount of watches will definitely decline overtime.
Jan 4, 2021 10:57 AM

Dec 2014
I never saw anime as a childhood fad ... Sure, as a 28yo old, I look at my Plan to Watch list, and there are some anime that had been in there for many years, and fell that at this age, I no longer would be able to enjoy ... and some genres are harder and harder to watch ... like, it was different to watch high school romance when I was in middle school and high school myself... it just doesn't provide me the same level of enjoyment, and makes me fell old, because in the past, those anime were like: ''what it could be, and what I would like to be'', while now is like ''why it could have been and wasn't''. But overall, no, I won't put my web socks down. Sure, I don't watch anime as much as before, but they are still an important part of who I am... and in fact my plan for the future is to move to Japan and work in the industry - and basically fulfil my teenage dream of becoming a mangaka and having my own anime.
When I was a pre-teen I remember watching Cartoon Network with my father ... he loved Foster and the Imaginary friends... he even had a short Naruto phase, liking Rock Lee. So there is no age limit for cartoons and anime, just like there is no age for toys... what differs is how look at them.
Jan 4, 2021 11:10 AM
Mar 2010
27 here. Although my love for anime hasn't faded away, my interest in it has drastically decreased. I find it very difficult to consistently watch anime everyday, even if its only one episode. It takes me months to finish a 12 episode series. I'm simply exploring other forms of entertainment and anime isn't very high in my priority list. Pile in responsibilities and things only get worst.

I feel like I've outgrown the medium and only occasionally visit it.
Jan 5, 2021 3:20 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty dumb thread. It doesn't matter at all what age are you if you wanna watch anime or cartoons or whatever the fuck else.
Jan 5, 2021 3:22 PM

May 2018
Jan 5, 2021 3:22 PM

Apr 2019
I would say that your 30s is a great age to be getting into anime, not out of it.
Bleach is best consumed with your ears open and your eyes closed.
Jan 26, 2021 8:14 AM

Dec 2016
Psajdak said:
So anyway, what about you guys, are your 30s the end of everything anime related, or something else?

Are you ready to become 100% adult?

I mean, I started watching anime when I was 29, and I'm 32 now. My age has nothing to do with what I enjoy, honestly. As long as anime/manga are entertaining for me, that's all that matters.
Jan 26, 2021 8:41 AM
May 2017
Do what you like. Your hobbies don't have expiration date or age limite.
Jan 26, 2021 8:44 AM

Jan 2008
Seijatachiiii said:
I don't think 30 is even old enough to be considered "old"

I wish I was still 30 but that's behind me. Too far behind me.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

33 by W3TFT »»
58 seconds ago

» im kinda new to anime

thefoxkiller12 - Apr 29, 2022

18 by MichaelJackson »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 2 hours ago

6 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 4 hours ago

20 by Luc36 »»
5 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 2 hours ago

13 by W3TFT »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.