Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of people who hate on newer anime?

New
Dec 29, 2019 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
Be honest, why do you think they do that?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 29, 2019 11:46 PM

Nov 2019
I'll like to call them classic-tards. XD
Yeah newer animes tend to be more inconsistent. But there are certainly animes releasing that are as good or even better than those classics they keep bantering about.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Dec 29, 2019 11:47 PM
Feb 2017
It’s the same as hating on older anime. They’re stupid people.
Dec 29, 2019 11:49 PM

Jul 2012
Don't really care. As long as they stay out of my face, let them act like retards.

There's enough people who like modern anime for me to discuss it with.
Dec 30, 2019 12:00 AM
Bored

Apr 2018
There's always going to be the "Old head" group of people in any large commuinty, it's easy to just block them out.
Dec 30, 2019 12:20 AM

Jul 2019
Hating on anime of any age and refusing to touch it is, in my eyes, just prejudice. Any anime can be good regardless of when it came out. Sure, the visuals would be different, but that doesn't mean they'll be good or bad by default.
Dec 30, 2019 2:27 AM

Jan 2019
I understand them since most modern anime are garbage, even if I still watch them.
Dec 30, 2019 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
nousername19 said:
I understand them since most modern anime are garbage, even if I still watch them.

Why do you think that they are garbage and if they were so bad why do you keep on watching them? You make no sense.
Dec 30, 2019 2:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
theyre no different than the people who only listen to Tupac and Biggie

also, many of them don't realize how "the same" anime now is as it was then
Dec 30, 2019 3:04 AM
Jul 2018
They can choose to dislike whatever they want to dislike, I don't mind. I can't be expected to police their expression of dislike and still be allowed to hate on the shows that I hate now can I?
Dec 30, 2019 3:05 AM

Jul 2016
I would consider that a pretty close minded mindset.If they simply don’t like newer anime then fine,but I don’t understand the need to constantly hate on it,and make entire threads on that.At that point it’s just redundant.I’m going to be completely honest lots of the anime in my ptw list are older anime,so I am not that interested in all of the newer anime coming out right now,but i am not going to completely reject something just because it’s new.If it catches my interest,I will give it a chance.
SummerynDec 30, 2019 3:12 AM
Dec 30, 2019 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
I think some nostalgia glasses surely are thick and too pink to see through. I recommend a recipe for new glasses without the nostalgia filter in them.
Dec 30, 2019 3:11 AM

Aug 2010
Just let haters be haters.

Watch whichever Anime Title you like and discuss as much as you want to (no spoilers though).
Post Office
Collection
Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2019 3:17 AM

May 2018
There is no automatically bad or good anime - old or new.
It should deserve your hate/love while you watch it.

For example those new digital technologies didn't helped Shoumetsu Toshi or Cop Craft to be good.

But on the other hand Kemurikusa, Beastars and Obsolete are exploring new storytelling techniques with relatively low rez 3D and they work quite well.
alshuDec 30, 2019 3:40 AM
Dec 30, 2019 3:28 AM
Feb 2014
I'll be honest, i hate some newer trends such as cgdct and most Isekai's because they all seem to be harem/ecchi power fantasies. But i do NOT hate modern anime in general, in fact, i enjoyed many newer anime(2010+).

So i can understand if others might say they hate newer anime for similar reasons.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Dec 30, 2019 6:38 AM
Jan 2010
there are people who hate/scared of change and that's ok every one can't be the same :/ they want to hold on to the childhood or nostalgic feeling because it makes them feel safe. Don't hate on them just let them rant and enjoy watching what you like to watch simple.
Dec 30, 2019 6:51 AM

Nov 2010
i stopped comming to this forum years ago because of the sheer amount of haters...

those people are just idiots :D

i remember how it was "cool" to hate on Sword Art Online... and how that "hate" backfired and just made the anime more popular.
today i read an article (this is kind of offtopic but in the same way has everything to do with it) about the band "Ghost (BC)" where the band's leader said that all the hate has a positive outcome :D

will this stop haters? nope... people who say something is bad are just biased idiots who want to feel better about themselves (admit it, it's not like these people can, 1: write a better story and 2: produce a better anime/manga if their lives depended on it)

people like to scream PLOTHOLES a lot... but fail to see that most mainstream film has plotholes...

people whining about "newer" anime should stick with what they know... they are for me the "Mike Patton" without any succes but just as selfcenterd and can't think outside of their personal bubble... those are people who think the world revolves around them ;)

so ignore those people... like the things you like, and ignore the things you don't... no amount of whining will ever change the course of the world (except if you're the leader of a large country wich i doubt would come whining about anime on this forum haha)
Dec 30, 2019 6:58 AM

Jun 2014

kickthebucket said:
i stopped comming to this forum years ago because of the sheer amount of haters...

those people are just idiots :D

i remember how it was "cool" to hate on Sword Art Online... and how that "hate" backfired and just made the anime more popular.
today i read an article (this is kind of offtopic but in the same way has everything to do with it) about the band "Ghost (BC)" where the band's leader said that all the hate has a positive outcome :D

will this stop haters? nope... people who say something is bad are just biased idiots who want to feel better about themselves (admit it, it's not like these people can, 1: write a better story and 2: produce a better anime/manga if their lives depended on it)

people like to scream PLOTHOLES a lot... but fail to see that most mainstream film has plotholes...

people whining about "newer" anime should stick with what they know... they are for me the "Mike Patton" without any succes but just as selfcenterd and can't think outside of their personal bubble... those are people who think the world revolves around them ;)

so ignore those people... like the things you like, and ignore the things you don't... no amount of whining will ever change the course of the world (except if you're the leader of a large country wich i doubt would come whining about anime on this forum haha)

Wow, talk about being childish and narrow-minded.
There are good shows and bad shows in every era. What's good and bad is also very subjective. SAO was popular, but that doesn't mean it's a good show. SAO was so popular because it succeeded at pandering to 13-15 year old edgelord who wanted a wish fulfillment fantasy but no depth beyond that. Of course older audiences are going to dislike something that idiotic.
With your childish view of what "haters" are, you're basically advocating to ignore anyone who disagrees with your specific taste and shut down all discussion on the quality of anime. Real constructive, smartass.

Dec 30, 2019 7:04 AM
Sep 2019
I don't hate newer anime but I can understand why they do. Modern anime has more unnecesary fan service, cgdct, and other annoying trends.

(Also the rise of cgi in anime recently is awful.)
Dec 30, 2019 7:06 AM

Jan 2009
Ok Boomer is what comes to mind immediately lol
they want the Old World more than the New World
Dec 30, 2019 7:07 AM

Feb 2019
Nothing's wrong with hating on a certain anime or a certain kind of anime.
Dec 30, 2019 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
Old anime new anime. That doesn’t matter. Overhyped anime? Now we have a problem. I’m looking at you Neon Genesis Evangelion and at you Demon Slayer!
Dec 30, 2019 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
I can understand them, actually. Older anime does look better, in general. So there's that.

That said, I am definitely not on their side on this one.
Visuals aside, newer anime have a whole lot to offer. If you bother to scroll past the isekai, that is.
Dec 30, 2019 8:20 AM
Jan 2010
weebanimeweed said:
tshai said:
there are people who hate/scared of change and that's ok every one can't be the same :/ they want to hold on to the childhood or nostalgic feeling because it makes them feel safe. Don't hate on them just let them rant and enjoy watching what you like to watch simple.

but there is no change. its repetitiv, just look at harems, ecchis, or isekais. those are all the same, and boring.

exactly so to them it's like they have seen those before, so they hold on to the "classics" its a nostalgic thing " the old will always be best" and there are people who do the same with TV shows, music, etc. there will always be those types of people so who cares ya know :p .
Dec 30, 2019 8:33 AM

Apr 2014
Let them do what they do. If they don't actively go out of their way to annoy you, why bother having an opinion about them.
Dec 30, 2019 10:57 AM

May 2013
That’s super gay and not in an attractive way.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Dec 30, 2019 11:08 AM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
I would say they're missing out on a lot of anime for no really good reason.
Anime has great, good, bad, and ugly examples in every time frame of it's existence.

Live and let live, they don't bother me, I don't bother them.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Dec 30, 2019 11:14 AM

Apr 2016
To hate anime is just a stupid thing, it doesn't matter if we're talking about older or newer anime.
Dec 30, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2012
While its true that recent anime are shit, there's no really good reason to hate them because the step of improvement is still there for better or worse, mostly the latter.
Dec 30, 2019 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
Most of those individuals that make such generalization are either people that want to distinguish themselves from the rest by creating a persona that foolish belives that you can only appreciate a series base on the time-period that it came out, or are people that grew up with a certain type of genre, style, humor, character attitude, etc... that was very typicial/prevalent in past eras of the medium but now they cant identify with the new series being produced because they dont resemble/have what got them into the medium in the first place.
As for my opinion on them i can empathise with the latter (even if i am not that big fan of that mentality and would advice them to be more open about experiencing new or old series/movies) but never the former.
Dec 30, 2019 11:26 AM

Jul 2019
I personally don't care, what I hate is that double standard about disliking old anime like it was an "ok" thing.
Dec 30, 2019 11:29 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
That they are usually seasonal-only watchers who started watching anime in 2015 and then are wondering why the new car smell isn't holding up 5 years later.

Blame gets shifted onto old fans because why not, that's generally a thing in most fandoms - fans of older stuff hating on newer releases - and so people assume that it's no different, I guess.

Just look at most "anime is declining!!!?!?!" threads and primarily check out the watch history of the OPs, for what it's worth.

Dec 30, 2019 11:37 AM

Nov 2018
Gutless shitheads,nerds,having brains even narrower than animals.
Just try to show their 100 years experience but always get outsmarted.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Dec 30, 2019 11:53 AM
May 2019
This type of elitists exist in every community old is good modern sucks.
The newer anime titles are probably going to be more exciting to newcomers then to older fans who have seen there fare share of anime couple that with nostalgia rose tinted color glasses and you get the expected result.
Dec 30, 2019 11:55 AM
Dec 2017
well i understand that sincewe got some overhyped garbage anime . especially some the new battle shounen we got in the last 5 years .
but some times people hate the wrong thing .
Dec 30, 2019 12:00 PM
Apr 2016
This is going in circles. Same accounts regurgitate same rhetoric on the very same topics over and over. Give me a break...
Re:formed
Jan 2, 2020 3:15 PM

Aug 2019
i understand getting annoyed if it's being shoved everywhere, but to dislike a show just for that is stupid. its INCREDIBLY annoying when they throw around the world "overrated" to anything popular. it's just annoying
Jan 2, 2020 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
prob just annoying because there are great anime that are old and new so i dont get it...

i would just ignore them honestly:) i'm glad that none of my friends are like this even though some are really picky and some never getting to watch an anime that i recommended :/(yes off topic ik)
Jan 2, 2020 7:09 PM

Apr 2019
Really stubborn people who don't expand their horizons. I call those people stupid
Jan 2, 2020 7:19 PM

Feb 2019
They are the kind of people who don't like modern trends and are the "retro" kind of people. Which I can understand. I'm not a fan of Isekai trend and I like the older trends more. But I still enjoy the modern anime. I'm not a fan of them, but I can relate to them in a way.
Jan 2, 2020 7:27 PM

Nov 2017
removed-user said:
Be honest, why do you think they do that?

what new anime? i rarely seen ppl like that
Now Loading.....
Jan 2, 2020 7:38 PM

Aug 2009

Granted that I don't watch more recent shows due to either not having the time or lacking the motivation to watch anything.

Jan 2, 2020 7:43 PM

Nov 2008
They are all old people yelling at clouds. ^_^

Jan 2, 2020 7:57 PM

Oct 2017
To be honest, I prefer them to the people who hate on older anime.

If you have no respect for the classics you're not much of a fan in my eyes. To any fandom, respect for the history - for what came before you or I - should be very important. Unfortunately anime has a lot of very young fans with a painfully typical attitude that only cares about the latest stuff.

But both are annoying. No need to "hate" on anything. Of course, to some people just saying in a calm, mild-mannered way that one has an opinion about the general quality of anime of one era compared to another is "hating".

Like, man I hate it when people defend their genuine spiteful crap with "it's just criticism" or some such nonsense. Because there is a difference between criticism and hating, but it's less to do the with the content and more to do with the attitude. Be humble, have respect for the people you're talking to and the content, and it's all good. But don't be a bitch and call people haters for having an opinion.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jan 2, 2020 8:07 PM

Oct 2014
I agree with them. Anything aired after 2016 is absolute garbage. Japan should just stop producing anime, it's clearly going downhill.
Jan 2, 2020 8:18 PM

Feb 2016
they're absolutely right on doing so
llorandoJan 2, 2020 10:01 PM
Jan 2, 2020 11:47 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Why? Because this is how they view anime through the decades:
80's: Everything's mecha and exquisitely animated OVAs.
90's: Classics/"dark anime" era.
2000's: Favorites anime era. Also, no there was no CGI during this decade.
2010's: Everything's isekai, anime's dead. Also, fanservice and everything you don't like was invented.
BatoKusanagiJan 2, 2020 11:53 PM
Jan 3, 2020 2:41 AM

May 2009
I disagree with that hate.

I also disagree with regarding old anime with disdain too.

Just different styles. It's fine to have preferences for one or the other though.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 3, 2020 11:05 AM

Feb 2010
90% of the time they are some newfag for whom anime has lost its novelty after watching it for a few years and they want to get that feeling of novelty back that anime had for them when they first got into it, before they got used to the tropes and archetypes and started to expect them.

And they, consciously or subconsciously, mistake that feeling of novelty with the objective quality of anime airing at that time and instead of realizing that what they want has nothing to do with how good or bad anime are they blame a 'decline in anime'. Usually just in the last year or two and always glorifying the time when they got into anime as 'having the best shows'.

You can find this phenomenon every year, no matter what anime are airing or how good they are, and you can also find them glorifying basically any time period, although as I mentioned the majority of the times it's not actually 'old' anime (as in pre-2000) that they glorify because they only got into anime a few years back and when they say 'older anime is better' they tend to mean like the early 2010s or mid-to late 2000s, rather than the time periods that actual fans of oldies enjoy.

So please don't mistake those people talking about the 'decline of anime' with fans of old anime, they usually just like a slightly different time period of modern anime. That's probably the most annoying aspect of the whole thing as far as I'm concerned, that these 'anime in decline' threads always spawn so much backlash against fans of old anime even though most of the time the OP hasn't seen anything from before 2000...

On a more generalized note, I think that hating on any time period specifically is most of the times a sign of complete ignorance and prejudice. At BEST it's a sign of having extremely narrow taste and a very limited range of genres/types of shows you enjoy so if one trend changes or ebbs out the whole medium loses your interest. In which case, tough luck, but you probably were never a fan of anime in general, just one tiny fraction of it so that is to be expected. These people should try to broaden their horizons/taste, or just leave, but I don't think they have the right to whine about the decline of the whole medium when they were only ever interested in one small subsection of it in the first place.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 3, 2020 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
I think they only focus on the good old anime, while judging good and bad modern anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

12 by Zarutaku »»
56 seconds ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

78 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

37 by Yaggamy »»
8 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

190 by perseii »»
11 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 51 minutes ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.