Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2019 10:29 AM
Feb 2017
I loved the ending for the first season nice powerful spot to stop. Ill start by saying have not read and do not plan to reed the books so no spilers please. also please forgive my spelling...

but just form what i could tell by looking at the books they covered prity much up to the end of book 3 (Which was part 1) and it was 14 episodes.

Assuming the books are about the same length content wise it would be cool if this season was around 20 ep +- a few. my least favorite thing is when a show rushes. especially if its primarily a slice of life.

over all i think the first season was a vary solid and fresh adaption for an Isakie and i would love to see were the show goes form here. amusing they don't rush i beleave this could be a vary good and long running show! cant wait to see how it unfolds.

PS. im also wondering how long before the bickering between nobles is going to create a larger problem.

PS. PS. in the key visual the dude looks like a legit wizard cant wait to see what they do with magic in this show. even with as simple as it is now, the devouring and the crushing, (both simply raw magic energy) seems vary interesting with lots of potential this show continues to keep me engaged even over the smallest details.
Dec 27, 2019 12:15 PM

Apr 2013
Technically if we count the two OAV coming in spring that are still adapting extra chapters from part 1, part 1 was adapted in 16 episodes for 3 volumes.
So part 2 for the same speed would require around 20 indeed, although as a general rule, more time is used to adapt the first volume of a series since there is a lot of things to introduce, volumes further in don't need that same length to keep the same pace, so that's that.
maybe they'll go for 14-ish and then release the remaining part in OAV as well for season 2; at least that's a definite possibility to do it again for like 2-3 extra.
Dec 27, 2019 5:23 PM
Feb 2017
Zefyris said:
Technically if we count the two OAV coming in spring that are still adapting extra chapters from part 1, part 1 was adapted in 16 episodes for 3 volumes.
So part 2 for the same speed would require around 20 indeed, although as a general rule, more time is used to adapt the first volume of a series since there is a lot of things to introduce, volumes further in don't need that same length to keep the same pace, so that's that.
maybe they'll go for 14-ish and then release the remaining part in OAV as well for season 2; at least that's a definite possibility to do it again for like 2-3 extra.

ok that sounds feasible
Jan 9, 2020 10:06 PM

Nov 2007
3 additional casts
https://moca-news.net/article/20200110/2020011012000b_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 10, 2020 3:26 AM
Feb 2017
Hmm there all gray robes...
Jan 10, 2020 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
^A lot of grey robes are introduced in arc 2 so that's not the only ones you'll see. Those 3 are arguably the most important grey robes among them though, and the first 3 she'll met in episode 1 IIRC.

FYI the seiyuu are
Guile -> Sanpei Yuuko https://myanimelist.net/people/407/Yuuko_Sanpei
Fran -> Karino Shou https://myanimelist.net/people/47622/Shou_Karino
Delia -> Tomaru Chiyo https://myanimelist.net/people/28487/Chiyo_Tomaru
Jan 11, 2020 6:30 AM
Sep 2017
FurbyOfDeth said:
I loved the ending for the first season nice powerful spot to stop. Ill start by saying have not read and do not plan to reed the books so no spilers please. also please forgive my spelling...

but just form what i could tell by looking at the books they covered prity much up to the end of book 3 (Which was part 1) and it was 14 episodes.

Assuming the books are about the same length content wise it would be cool if this season was around 20 ep +- a few. my least favorite thing is when a show rushes. especially if its primarily a slice of life.

over all i think the first season was a vary solid and fresh adaption for an Isakie and i would love to see were the show goes form here. amusing they don't rush i beleave this could be a vary good and long running show! cant wait to see how it unfolds.

PS. im also wondering how long before the bickering between nobles is going to create a larger problem.

PS. PS. in the key visual the dude looks like a legit wizard cant wait to see what they do with magic in this show. even with as simple as it is now, the devouring and the crushing, (both simply raw magic energy) seems vary interesting with lots of potential this show continues to keep me engaged even over the smallest details.

Until we get DVD&BD box-set information for the anime confirming it's adapting all of Part 2 (like we did for the first 14 episodes back in August), VA announcements for characters only appearing in the second half, or the anime starts and we see the pacing, I'm going to hold onto the hope that they're only going to be adapting half of Part 2 i.e. 2 volumes in a cour.
My reasoning being

But hey, we all know how much animes love to rush light novel adaptions.
Apr 20, 2020 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
hi. I wish part 2 of the LN will be about 2 more season of 12 eps. each. ( Far i started with book 6 ( part2, book 3) and based on the season 2 Advertiser ...
far I saw the adaptation cover that 2 first books of part 2. with are 4 in total.
So My though is; If they do not rush adapting it... they could made in 24-26 eps split in 2 more seasons. ...

[quote] according Wikipedia ...
Volume 23: (Part 5 Volume 2): ************
Dai Go-bu Megami no keshin Ni (第五部 女神の化身Ⅱ)
it's comming in June 10, 2020[36]

LN split in; Part 1 = 3 Vol ( also adapted on 7 Tankoubon Manga), Part 2 = 4 Vol. (4th to 7th), PART 3 +5 Volume (8th till 12th), PART 4 +9 Volume ( 13th till 21th) & PART 5, I hear it may spawn about 5 - 6 more volume. ( 22th to... 27th?? ) ...
so depending of profits, each 2-3* volume will/cut be about 12 anime eps...

the whole Series cut last quick for 200+ eps.
There is again! The ultimate technique: "It's all his fault, not mine"!
Goddess, High Bishop, you sure are popular!

まんが きけん     むがく
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。
Manga wa kikenjyanai, kedo mugaku desu.

Benno frowned as I finished listing off all the reasons why I din't want to give the books leather covers.
Apr 20, 2020 8:17 AM

Aug 2010
FurbyOfDeth said:

PS: I HIGHLY recommend to read the LN, are quite easy to read, even if English isn't your first language (as isn't mine).
I am very, VERY grateful to jump into LN to know what will happens forward ...
... and even know, knowing what will happen in the adaptation... I still enjoying it quite a lot.

まんが きけん     むがく
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。

Benno frowned as I finished listing off all the reasons why I din't want to give the books leather covers.
Apr 20, 2020 1:48 PM
Feb 2017
shiger said:
FurbyOfDeth said:

PS: I HIGHLY recommend to read the LN, are quite easy to read, even if English isn't your first language (as isn't mine).
... and even know, knowing what will happen in the adaptation... I still enjoying it quite a lot.

English is my first language but i have a reading disorder so i tend not to read much as I need to put a lot of effort in and do it vary slowly. however if they were for no good reason to just stop making the anime then i would probably consider it even though i have litterly never read a single light novel. lol
Apr 20, 2020 4:50 PM

Aug 2010
FurbyOfDeth said:

English is my first language but i have a reading disorder so i tend not to read much as I need to put a lot of effort in and do it vary slowly.

All right, I see. that's a bit shame. U_Uu
... then, probably if you got a chance you may want to try to read some manga, as they usually got a lot less text than the novels.
or use an eReader, with you can configure it with a very big letters, so it made a lo more pages ... but I guess quite more easy to read slowly. and may be with no that much effort. and also some digital e-book are cheaper than print ones.

まんが きけん     むがく
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。

Apr 21, 2020 7:37 AM
Jun 2014
FurbyOfDeth said:
shiger said:

English is my first language but i have a reading disorder so i tend not to read much as I need to put a lot of effort in and do it vary slowly. however if they were for no good reason to just stop making the anime then i would probably consider it even though i have litterly never read a single light novel. lol

If you're not comfortable reading, there is an option in the adobe pdf reader software that can read texts out loud for you. (Go to Edit > Read out loud) Although I don't know if the LN also sells as pdf, but I just wanted to help.
Apr 22, 2020 4:34 AM

Aug 2010
85246 said:
If you're not comfortable reading, there is an option in the adobe pdf reader software that can read texts out loud for you. (Go to Edit > Read out loud) Although I don't know if the LN also sells as pdf, but I just wanted to help.

I don't think many 'legal' e-book seller ( like Anazon, Kobo, Google books, etc) are selling in PDF format, but at least I know Amazon Kindle, has also option to read some ebooks. But... not really sure of the series 'Ascendance of a Bookworm' has support this function to be hear.

まんが きけん     むがく
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。

Apr 22, 2020 7:03 AM
Feb 2017
shiger said:
FurbyOfDeth said:

English is my first language but i have a reading disorder so i tend not to read much as I need to put a lot of effort in and do it vary slowly.

All right, I see. that's a bit shame. U_Uu
... then, probably if you got a chance you may want to try to read some manga, as they usually got a lot less text than the novels.
or use an eReader, with you can configure it with a very big letters, so it made a lo more pages ... but I guess quite more easy to read slowly. and may be with no that much effort. and also some digital e-book are cheaper than print ones.

Thanks for the thought you have put in for me :) i have just started collecting Manga. right now i only have 2 sires and only the starts of them (Yona of the dawn and Blade of the immortal) ill probably get more into manga as time goese on as i don't feel a rush to reed and i really appreciate good art. but light novles dosn't seem to be something that ill get into any time soon except maybe for listening to while i am driving (as i drove sometimes up words of 3 hrs a day for work)

and yes my reading is more of slow rather than sight related. so larger letters don't really help :P mostly its just re time comitment it would take to read a book. It took me about 2 years of nearly no stop reading to get though lord of the rings. i averaged about 9-10 min a page now i could probably do it in 5 per page if i focus but still a ridiculous time commitment.
Apr 22, 2020 10:31 AM
Jun 2014
shiger said:
85246 said:

I don't think many 'legal' e-book seller ( like Anazon, Kobo, Google books, etc) are selling in PDF format, but at least I know Amazon Kindle, has also option to read some ebooks. But... not really sure of the series 'Ascendance of a Bookworm' has support this function to be hear.

Oh I didn't know that. I'm not very fond of reading large amounts of texts either so I never looked into e-books before. Although it's a bit of a shame they don't have a similar option as the Adobe PDF reader that just reads the words out loud. Despite it having a machine-like voice, it's still understandable.
Apr 22, 2020 10:55 AM
May 2012
Well, you can always convert the ebook to a PDF format, and then use the read aloud option from Acrobat. There are many free sofware that are able to convert epubs to pdfs.
Apr 22, 2020 10:56 AM
Feb 2017
85246 said:
shiger said:

Oh I didn't know that. I'm not very fond of reading large amounts of texts either so I never looked into e-books before. Although it's a bit of a shame they don't have a similar option as the Adobe PDF reader that just reads the words out loud. Despite it having a machine-like voice, it's still understandable.

I know the google play Ebook has that as i have used it quite a few times. And you can customize the voice a bit too (i always give mine an Australian ascent as i find it easer to listen to for long pirads of time)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

152 by AnaBanana-chan »»
Mar 29, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

90 by Kvistis »»
Feb 19, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

72 by Kvistis »»
Feb 15, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

103 by FarCritical »»
Dec 26, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

71 by FarCritical »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.