Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 27, 2019 4:50 AM

Jul 2015
Fine anime i guess, liked the music and the art. the animation and the story was a meh and over all my score should be 6 but ED was nice also the OP, so 8 :)
Dec 27, 2019 7:58 AM

May 2012
Not bad

I hope it gets 2nd season
Dec 27, 2019 8:09 AM

Apr 2019
So this trainwreck of an anime is finally over. I wish it gets a season 2 lol. The anime is really bad but I found it enjoyable despite that.
Dec 27, 2019 8:28 AM

Feb 2019
Okay, I honestly had no idea what was happening in the first half.

Overall, it was meh. Kinda liked the ending I guess. For some reason it just felt satisfying to see her father finally acknowledge her. One thing that surprised me was that it really made me confused as to whether she really is legitimate or illegitimate. I thought the show was going to keep her as being illegitimate and that somehow would sort itself out, but now I'm confused whether she really is illegitimate because apparently it's completely possible that a descendant of a Knight-Duke House might NOT be of the same Paladin class? It felt like a plothole but at the same time I kinda liked how I don't know whether she's legitimate or not at this point.

Ending would've had more impact if the story had been developed better. A lot of what the father did made no sense, and it seems her father's whole demeanour and behaviour changed completely in this last episode.

I don't really regret watching this, but it's not memorable either.
Dec 27, 2019 8:30 AM

Nov 2012
Last ep was a mess man, such a waste of potential, I enjoyed all the episodes so far but this

My Candies:

Dec 27, 2019 8:42 AM
Jan 2018
Felt like alot was cut out and missing ,
Dec 27, 2019 12:30 PM

Apr 2016
Started decent, continued mediocre and ended in the garbage bin. Poorly written story, mediocre animation..a complete waste of time
Final score 3/10

Dec 27, 2019 2:40 PM

Sep 2016
This needs a S2 just to piss off the goons in this thread, lol. (one even played the "blame the pacing" card...jackpot!)

Anyway.
You know shit is about to go down when the opening theme starts playing.

Overall, good show.
Started good, went on just decent, picked up the pace in the last 3 episodes.
Good ending for all the characters overall.
Also the father was really concerned about her and not only an asshole good to know xD

7.5/10 for me
bruh
Dec 27, 2019 3:36 PM
Jun 2009
This episode wrapped everything, that is true. But it wasn´t good.
Actually it is the worst episode of a mediocre show.

Dec 27, 2019 5:07 PM
Mar 2012
Characters dynamics plot were nice, especially Melida, Elli & Kufa relationships while Melida progressed.
Animation got very disappointing at points, like this final fights ugh.
Confusing rushed pacing messes up the plot, interesting lantern world but mechanics not explored enough. At times plot presentation just loses interest, like too many 'tournament arcs' to prove Melida's worth. Full emo Kufa & mr bandage went from silly to self aware, sorta watchable later on.
Dec 27, 2019 5:27 PM

Jun 2016
I enjoyed this anime, at first I was a little bit "meh" but as the series progressed I started to like the characters and the story, I started to grow fond of them, I'd like to watch a S2 for sure.
Dec 27, 2019 10:02 PM
Mar 2015
A tribute to bad anime everywhere
Dec 28, 2019 1:20 AM

Aug 2016
I liked the romantic development between melida and kufa. Id like a season 2 if they dive even deeper in character development.
Dec 28, 2019 1:42 AM

May 2019
I actually enjoyed the anime quite a lot. The themes were pervading and deep, even among the facile conventions and tropes. The world is actually layered and very comprehensive, and I wouldn't mind exploring that a bit more in a second cour or season.

7/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 28, 2019 6:16 AM

Oct 2008
looks like staff gotten lazy animation this last EP!
Actually if this show doesn't have MONACA as OST it should have been 6/10, but i scored it as 7 because of MONACA.
4/5.
7/10.

Dec 28, 2019 11:20 AM

Jan 2017
Yeap this was a train wreck since EP1.

3/10 one of the worst adaptations of this year.
Dec 28, 2019 5:16 PM

Jul 2017
This show was like watching grains of sand getting blown away by the wind. And still, it kinda was enjoyable trash sometimes.

Not gonna lie, that first episode actually got me hooked on this. But... as i watched more and more, there go my expectations down the drain. I'm not gonna say its uneventful, but the story is just boring and not so interesting to follow imo. I still liked the main character's interactions to a certain extent, but meh.. this show doesn't offer that much tbh, it really can't stand on its own.

4/10, plain bad. Let's move on to the next anime.
Dec 28, 2019 6:34 PM

Apr 2012
Well, that definitely wasn't the anime of the year and I even lost most of my hype to the beginning of the last arc, but ... at least I was able to watch it. At least I enjoyed taunting the number of clichés of this and the number of suspicious yuri vibes in the interaction of the girls.

So, 5.5 + a pleasant opening, and in the end we get 6/10. It was not a horror for me, but I am not ready to put even 7 fpr this show.

@FullyCharged I saw illustrations to fresh volumes, oh boy ... I haven't enough strength for so many gay jokes.
RobertBobertDec 28, 2019 6:41 PM
Dec 28, 2019 10:16 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Wut the wut? When did this show turn into Grimms Notes? Was there any purpose whatsoever for the out-of-nowhere Wonderland setting? 🤨 I tried keeping a positive attitude towards this show despite it being bafflingly crappy, but in the end it just decided “what the hell, lets just go full-on stupid” 😑
gappasaurusJan 1, 2020 10:21 AM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Dec 28, 2019 10:27 PM

Nov 2008
I enjoyed this series. It was flawed at times, often feeling rushed or not quite portraying scenes the way I think they intended to, but I liked the characters, the story, the goofiness, etc. It was a good way to kill time, and I might go back and look at the original source material since people say this didn't do it much justice.

Usually, a benign, yet enjoyable series like this would get a solid 7/10 from me, but I've always been someone who likes being pandered to, and having the series revolve around an age-gapped relationship was a nice nod towards the acceptance of lolicons, so I bumped it to an 8/10.
Dec 29, 2019 12:55 AM

Jan 2015
The definition of average. 5/10
Dec 29, 2019 2:23 PM

Aug 2016
Took Kufa long enough... I don't even know why I kept watching this, probably because Yui Ishikawa VA, for find out if Rosetti is best girl, for potentially interesting worldbuilding, but mostly for guilty pleasure of watching trash anime I guess. Overall... meh...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2019 5:30 PM

May 2010
Only hindered by the story.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 29, 2019 8:20 PM
Jul 2015
I would love for this show to be picked up by another studio because DAMN this adaptation was awful (obv not likely). This episode was super rushed, (as well as the series itself) the manga translation hasn't gotten this far but I feel like it would've been 10 chapters or so in 1 episode...even the fight scenes were super cringey and flat. This saddens my heart :(

5/10 because guilty pleasure (manga adapted - I mean how lucky!!), VAs & OP.
Dec 29, 2019 11:09 PM

Jul 2017
The "Grimms Notes"-like fairytale setting for the final episode felt very contrived, despite it being an illusion for Mule and the brainwashed nobles to derelict towards more fiasco against Melida. @gappasaurus ROFL...

And welp, with as much controversy, Melida snapped in the stupidest of ways possible to defend her lineage, Elise too aiding her. But in all of it, Kufa's mana have definitely developed in her as a Paladin-Samurai hybrid, while she is still a Mary Sue in the core that took Kufa long enough to save.

And Melida's dad FINALLY acknowledged her, which casts the most doubt ever if the plot was ever meant that way.

That's a wrap for a god-awful adaptation that could've been decent, but thank god that this is over...what a very mediocre ride this has been. 3/10.
Dec 30, 2019 12:14 AM

Apr 2009
You guys need to learn to drop or admit to having some kind of masochistic desire to watch shit like AVGN.

I thought this loli fighting anime was alright for a binge watch.
Dec 30, 2019 5:52 AM

Apr 2013
what was that Alice cosplay in last episode about? did I missed something?
eh the teacher was the only cool character feels like it should be extra 12 more episodes to develop characters more for viewers, that way it would make maybe more sense to who plays role of what.
Dec 30, 2019 8:35 AM

Nov 2010
ACasualViewer said:
Starts slightly trash and ends completely trash, just as expected.

Yes, well summarized.
Dec 30, 2019 1:28 PM
Jan 2016
uninstallthegame said:
bruh, sensei did the classic meme with unsheathing the sword and villain is defeated lmao
barely had any interest finishing this show, was really hard to care either for her being of a samurai class or any internal family drama. i swear the op was probably the only good part of this show

i also feel immeasurably baited by that first episode sakuga and never seeing anything like that later in the show

I felt this same way. 1st episode started off with an awesomely animated fight and introduced and interesting plot with a beautiful world....and we got none of that....very disappointed.....they must have thrown the whole budget into the 1st episode to rope in suckers like us :(
Dec 30, 2019 6:45 PM
Dec 2019
Well the anime was half-half for me. The ending part was good but it would have been more better if melida awakened some kind of a power so that everyone, even all the people of the city would be astonished:-}
Dec 30, 2019 6:47 PM

Mar 2017
It wasn't anything special. Can't give it any more than 5/10.
Dec 31, 2019 1:17 AM

Jul 2016
Bokukoredaisuki said:
it would have been more better if melida awakened some kind of a power so that everyone, even all the people of the city would be astonished

This isn't a shounen series XD Its better the way she gets stronger. Anyway, the adaption is pretty bad and I can't understand why they adapted vol.5 (epi 7-9) before & then go back to vol.3 for the last arc.
Dec 31, 2019 5:56 PM
Jul 2016
Thousand Blade: Brilliant Severing-Petal!!!!!
In carnage I bloom - like a flower in the dawn!
Jan 2, 2020 4:14 AM
Dec 2019
rafin016 said:
Bokukoredaisuki said:
it would have been more better if melida awakened some kind of a power so that everyone, even all the people of the city would be astonished

This isn't a shounen series XD Its better the way she gets stronger. Anyway, the adaption is pretty bad and I can't understand why they adapted vol.5 (epi 7-9) before & then go back to vol.3 for the last arc.
Though it's not a shounen series it doesn't mean that melida should be a puss and let others make fun of her. Since she had no mana for so many years she should have awakened all of those years of mana at once but she sucked.
Jan 2, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
For the most part, the last episode was pretty underwhelming...but the send-off was nice. ^^

ONTO THE NOVELS.

Jan 3, 2020 3:14 AM
Nov 2019
This show was some what respectable up until after around episode 6. I had it at a 6/10 until then, it was extremely tropy and cliche with sub par animation, but it seemed to actually use that to its advantage instead of trying to act like something it wasn't, but holy shit did it go down hill after that. The biggest crime this show committed was attempting to make a bigger deal out of itself than it originally was towards the end by throwing in stupid unnecessary plot twists and poor/anti-climactic fight scenes, which as a result made it excruciating as all hell to sit through for the entire last half of the season. The finale was dreadful, you could tell they used their entire budget on the first half of the season and the ending scene made me cringe so hard I thought my face was about to implode. 4/10 is my final rating, this anime was hot trash!
Jan 3, 2020 12:26 PM
Jan 2020
I don't know why people hate this anime so much. I personally loved it. Kufa's character was one of the best. 9/10 for me!
Jan 4, 2020 4:53 AM
Jun 2008
You know something that bugged me, was Melida passed the certification exam or she failed it since her book was thrown away by Mule?
Jan 4, 2020 11:45 AM

Jul 2008
Sense my own pride stops me from dropping a show, that was on the line when finishing this series.

It's quite hard for me to rate something lower than a 5 but this one got there with a 3/10.

The plot, which was very bland and all over the place, just never went anywhere but typical tropes. The real issue was how it seemed like full scenes were taken out of the story. Example with the finale, we just start at a crazy Alice and Wonderland trial? How did we get from end of 11 to here?! This skipping was felt throughout the show.

A bland plot won't get me to give a negative score but when it seems like whole parts of a show that are needed are missing, that's a big problem.

Then the main villain (question mark) introduced in episode 11 and then sneaks back into the shadows for 12 and the typical no resolution ending.

This will not be heading for my blu ray collection.

Oh well better luck in the next season of shows.

Jan 10, 2020 7:05 PM

May 2010
ACasualViewer said:
Starts slightly trash and ends completely trash, just as expected.

I'm a bit more charitable, I'd say "starts promising, ends slightly trash". Seems like lots more authors come up with good premises and lots fewer actually follow them through.

There wasn't anything particularly bad about this series, but it also didn't have anything to make it stand out. Sure, the aesthetics were unique, but that was apparent from episode 1 and that was also the high point of the series. I guess it's a 6/10 for me, and could have been a 7/10 if it lived up to the potential.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jan 15, 2020 12:45 AM

Oct 2014
wasnt even that bad, whys it so poorly rated lol
Jan 16, 2020 10:32 PM

Jul 2014
The animation was too sloppy (to say the least), but I liked it nonetheless. A lot of the story and scenes in the last episodes didn't really make much sense; in particular, the fights were sooo bad. It also shares with lots of shows the issue of adapting a somewhat long story in 12 anime episodes, which makes it very shitty but I managed to enjoy it somehow, so...

TL;DR: Man, that was some enjoyable trainwreck...
LeviathanTheEspJan 16, 2020 10:50 PM
Jan 26, 2020 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
Well I liked the setting with the endless nights etc. The fact that they are all living in a dome like city and world without a sun is pretty cool. The story however was sloppy. It had an interesting start but that didn't last long. I don't even know who the real villain is. And shouldn't they be more concerned with fight the lycanthropes to reclaim their land?

As for the characters, the assassin was more like a confused knight if anything. But thank god Lita wasn't a tsundere as lolis tend to be. The action scenes were poorly done.

The ending was stupid. Like Mr. Vampir didn't even bother to question Salacha or Mue of their objectives or their involvement.
Jan 30, 2020 7:13 PM

Feb 2014
LoL

This is a true average anime. The 5/10 score suits it perfectly.

Feb 6, 2020 6:21 AM

Oct 2019
What even was this ending??
They basically did little to no world building and everything was always over the top and sloppy.
Plot? who? Not sure who that is.
Feb 6, 2020 3:26 PM

Jan 2016
what in the fyuk even happened.

so a bunch of people decided to kidnap her because they don't think she's strong enoughto belong in her family??? wuutttt

plot was trash
Mar 14, 2020 3:39 PM

Apr 2016
Not even close to being a mediocre series. I came in with no expectations and I'm glad I did, because it spared me a little bit of disappointment. There are so many subpar elements to this anime that rating it as average would simply be unrealistic. Poor narrative, characters were underdeveloped, nothing was executed nicely, god awful animation (SAO from many years ago makes this look horrible by comparison) and just an overall rushed feel.

3/10 and good riddance.
Apr 12, 2020 10:06 AM

Jun 2011
Yeah.. it was boring.. it became real boring the moment they took Kufa out of the story 80% of the time. The series overall was alright but I heard it's much better in the manga/novel, definitely gonna read them because I like the concept of the series, with a male instructor teaching a female student.

Though I like the concept of the relationship, I hope Angel grows up quick because at this very moment the way she's acting, it's like she's Kufa's daughter instead of his potential partner. Kufa is always acting like he's below Angel which is not what I like in a romantic relationship between 2 people.

Also as someone else has already pointed out, Kufa instead of acting like her tutor, he's acting like her butler which is also meh.. the guy is going in and out of her room when she's sleeping ffs, what's up with that. He's also reading her a book to get her to sleep, I think..

The ED was pretty decent I guess.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 21, 2020 3:18 PM

Jul 2015
Bit of a cliche plot with some really corny moments. At times felt like they skipped over some stuff because things moved bit fast and some things were left unanswered like why did Kufa wanted to save Melida in the first place instead of assasinting her. Animation also had it's drops but I quite liked the setting of the story (big lantern thingy), kind of wish they did more with that. Nice to see Melida getting some development from "incompetent girl" to someone who can hold her own in a fight.

May 8, 2020 3:27 AM
Mar 2019
So, the only redeeming thing about is it having MONACA as composer, huh.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

226 by hieu2000 »»
Feb 14, 12:53 AM

» What's with the Hate?

Aytr0 - Jun 3, 2021

30 by ayogami_M »»
Jan 14, 4:46 AM

» what makes the show THIS bad?

APolygons2 - Apr 20, 2023

23 by Akanekino »»
Nov 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

66 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2019

94 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 29, 2023 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.