Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 14 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 25, 2019 7:12 PM

Feb 2016
I knew from the beginning that this wouldn't be your typical Isekai, but I really wasn't sure of what to expect from this anime, I thought it would be a heartwarming Slice of Life with some sad moments and lighthearted comedy, but it ended up being a well directed fantasy anime with great world building, great characters and some damn powerful scenes that didn't require of fantastic animation or soundtrack. This anime was the big surprise as well as the most refreshing show I've seen this year (or probably in ages).

Just when I thought we would have some cliché events with the nobility and Myne's father, this show just turned it around and blew my mind. Really looking forward for second season!

7.5/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 25, 2019 8:03 PM
Mar 2015
Glad so many people are supporting Maine
Dec 25, 2019 8:25 PM

Jun 2019
Best Isekai this year and my favorite show this season. Definitely hyped for season 2.
Dec 25, 2019 8:34 PM

Jul 2017
I suspect the the High Priest had The Devouring and was in a similar situation with Main before. From what he said, it seemed so but failed in some aspects?
Anyways, Good show, this is one of the most underappreciated shows this season with Kono Oto Tomare. 8/10 I can't wait for season 2.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Dec 25, 2019 9:18 PM
Mar 2015
Glad she was able to crush the priest
Dec 25, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2014
This being the last episode of the season just leaves a bad taste. Fuck the church, fuck the high priest, and fuck the head priest. Everyone's far too trusting of the head priest, and Myne's parents are far too willing to let her apprentice at the church, conditions and all. Still love the show, but don't love how the conflict was brushed aside and how the ending was set up to be happy.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 25, 2019 9:26 PM
May 2019
This episode was so satisfying. Exactly what I wanted to happen - happened. That's the thing about this show, it never lets you down. Because of other anime, the entire way through, I'm expecting characters to make dumb or nonsensical decisions for the sake of an easy plot point workaround. But not once did one of those tropes happen, instead characters behave like real people, instead of a narrative device. I was consistently surprised and impressed by the writing. I adore this show, and hope next season keeps the same pace.
Dec 25, 2019 10:12 PM

May 2017
Trully the best anime out of this season for me, it was fun, enjoyable, relaxing and heartwarming to watch! Really can't wait for the second season, i hope more ppl give this great series chance...
Dec 25, 2019 10:22 PM

Feb 2013
It's hilarious to look at older threads before the anime began and see a bunch of idiots calling it generic and shit based on nothing but synopsis when we all that have read the LN knew that it was going to be great due to the strenght of the characters and story. Next time people should hear perspectives more instead of doing such things.
Dec 26, 2019 12:25 AM
Dec 2017
Zerity said:
im confused ,the devouring is when a commoner has mana, and she told the priest that, so how did he not know they were commoners from that?
anyone can acquire it, even the noble daughter has it. But when a commoner has it it’s common for them not to make it past the baptism Ceremony
Dec 26, 2019 12:26 AM

Apr 2012
Darth Mayne can do a force choke.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 26, 2019 12:46 AM

Mar 2019
Best of this Season.... and Favorite Character of this Season (Maine/Myne)

Is good to see that people is smart and can change its opinion... this show began with less than 6 and now it is near 8. (Still low for me).

I hope the second season to be as this first one... and i hope the other "Isekai" series learn from this one; not always has to be adventurers vs monsters... ecchi adventures or lame copypaste stories...

A Solid 10 of 10 for me... (Exact Score: 9.7 of 10.0)

PS: Last Art Card, Turi<3
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 26, 2019 1:18 AM

Apr 2013
GetPured said:
Zerity said:
im confused ,the devouring is when a commoner has mana, and she told the priest that, so how did he not know they were commoners from that?
anyone can acquire it, even the noble daughter has it. But when a commoner has it it’s common for them not to make it past the baptism Ceremony

That's not it. the "noble daughter" you're talking about (pink hair-twin tail Frieda) is not a noble, she's a commoner just like Maine. A VERY RICH commoner, but a commoner nonetheless. The only nobles we've seen so far are those in the church : the High priest + all the blue robes. And even them are almost outcasts as nobles since like it was explained Blue Robes are Nobles that were not wanted by their own families.

What happened here, is that in episode 12, Maine proposed a donation of a Large gold coin, which is an exorbitant amount of money. Considering that on top of this she's just a children that just had her baptism and wasn't supposed to work until now, walking around with that kind of pocket money (+ that kind of clothes too) meant that she was a daughter from a very, very rich commoner family, probably a merchant family with an incredibly successful market in their hands.
As pointed out in episode 13, the Church due to the purge that happened is in dire need of both Mana AND money. The reason the High Priest changed his behaviour was because while he thought until now that he could get regular donations from the parents while taking the daughter as long as he negotiated the thing well, he realized that there was no money gain to have from a soldier and a seamstress parent couple, so all he could get from them was their daughter, and he didn't need to negotiate for that.

Also "Devouring" specifically refers to the symptoms in the body of someone who has stored too much mana for his/her own body and has no way to evacuate it so is suffering from the consequences of that. Nobles have mana, sure, but they usually have the tools to extract mana as well, so they are NOT affected by the devouring. Only special case would be if a child from a noble would not, for any kind of reason, have access to those tools for a long time. This is not supposed to happen but is technically not impossible especially for poor noble families. But since that literally means doing nothing while watching their child slowly die in pain, rather than raising him/her, yeah.. not really the most common stuff around.
ZefyrisDec 26, 2019 1:25 AM
Dec 26, 2019 2:58 AM
Dec 2018
You mess with Maine, things don't go fine.
Dec 26, 2019 3:03 AM

Apr 2009
I forgot that this week was a double release. Anyways I was thinking to myself "kill him, kill him dead" as Main was choking the High Priest lol. He deserved every bit. And lol @ the orphans struggling to hold him up as he was passed out. Main really had the force with her this episode.

This show was really good. Very uplifting and surprised me the most this season. The cast of characters were likable to me from Main right down to Frieda which helped make every week enjoyable to watch regardless how well things where progressing it seemed. Can't even remember an episode I didn't enjoy. Best Isekai ive seen all year. 8/10 (8.5 personal score)
DreddDec 26, 2019 5:35 AM
Dec 26, 2019 4:38 AM

Oct 2018
Man look at the score!
Just before yesterday, it was 7.57, not its 7.9!

Finally this anime is slowly getting the score it deserves. Don't stop until it reaches 8
Dec 26, 2019 5:48 AM

Jun 2019
Loved the last couple of episodes. It's been an enjoyable SoL type show for most of the season, with only sporadic action and emotional parts mixed in, but the last two episodes were a complete roller coaster ride.

How cool did Myne look when she used "Crushing" against the High Priest. His attitude sucked, what a dicky lot the nobles must be if they act like that, assuming commoners are there just to acquiesce to their whims.

We never got to the part where the Head Priest puts the magical head bands on himself and Myne and reads her thoughts, finding out about her past life. That must come in S2 and they used it as a story telling device. I thought it worked well.

Overall I really, really enjoyed watching this show this season, gave it an easy 9/10. Can't wait for season 2.
Dec 26, 2019 6:35 AM

Mar 2018
The anime had a slow start and the '3-episode rule' won't do this anime justice.
It will be sad to hear people will not watch this because of the slow pacing and HON HON HON in the beginning...

Along the course, we had some great changes, character developments, explanations of the story and every episode went better and better. I would say, this is truly the hidden gem of the season. I can't wait for Part two (No, it's not a second season, it's a part two / second cour.).

My score went from a 7 in Episodes 1-3 to a 8 in Episodes 4-12 and 9 in Episode 13-14.
Score 9/10!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Dec 26, 2019 8:39 AM

Jun 2016
i give this anime 9/10

really enjoyed the story , never bored watching every episode !!
Dec 26, 2019 9:04 AM

Dec 2014
ok like where is episode 14... on towards the search
Dec 26, 2019 9:24 AM

Aug 2018
Good thing they released the 2 last episodes at once, as they announced previously.

I wasn't that interested during the first episodes but this show really turned out to be extremely captivating and following Main's adventures became better & better. The whole universe appeared much larger than it looked, especially with the number of characters who constantly grew up.

Really looking forward the next season !
Dec 26, 2019 9:30 AM

Dec 2014
ok like what was with this ending...it didn't really connect with the first scene either
Dec 26, 2019 9:41 AM

Apr 2019
That was a really good episode. Now I can't totally wait for the next season. Maine's magic seems to be more powerful than I thought it would be. Simply take away her books and she can become Darth Maine lol.I thought it was just sickness and nothing else. The whole confrontation was really great and the final scene is just so heartwarming.

Overall, this was a really great anime. The small flaws are there and didn't really hinder much of the overall quality of the anime.

9/10
Dec 26, 2019 9:45 AM

Aug 2015
ibraheem234 said:
ok like what was with this ending...it didn't really connect with the first scene either

If you mean the scene at the beginning of the anime, that's something that will happen in s2.
Dec 26, 2019 11:57 AM

Aug 2014
Best girl Maine acting like a best girl should. It was great watching her dark self talking :D
I can't wait for the sequel. 9/10.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 26, 2019 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
I probably laugh more than I should when those four guys were trying to lift the High Priest, XD
Dec 26, 2019 12:50 PM

May 2015
THAT WAS SOOOO FUCKING COOL!!!!!!!!! Mein going full on Shem-Ha! Nothing screams god like Iguchi Yuka gettings serious that was so cool I couldnt stop grinning.

This episode had so much family wholesomeness I loved it. That huge at the end was adorable. Sisterly love FTW!!

Cant wait for the next season. Shame we probably wont see Mein that badass again but dam Im so glad it happend. Making Iguchi Yuka the main character was the perfect choice as she can do adorable as fuck and dominating/scary as hell.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 26, 2019 1:26 PM

May 2018
Been supporting this anime from the first and loving the opening more than I thought, all of it was worth it, I love how I am not excited on waiting for a new episode but when it comes out it is enjoyable. The story was nice and simple, as well as the characters. Enjoyed the first part so far, hoping for more great book making story.

Dec 26, 2019 1:59 PM

Mar 2008
So glad Maine got her way. I hope the head priest cowers in fear every time he sees her. The sorry bastard should have got his heart completely crushed. 9/10 from beginning to the end of this season. Can't wait for season 2. =)
Dec 26, 2019 2:07 PM

Jun 2014

There she is... The Librorum Prohibitorum Maine has finally awaken.

Maine's power and her interest for book and library made her more closely related to Index from Toaru Majutsu right? beside the fact that both of them are being voiced by same VA.
Dec 26, 2019 2:36 PM

Dec 2016
Ok. Why I just now recognize that Ferdinand's VA is the same who voiced Aizen in Bleach? in the same time now I will never trust Ferdinand. xD

Also I can already see abridged version of that crushing scene
Maine: Your last words?
High Priest: Harder mommy!
Maine: What?!
High Priest: Whaaaa... Now crush my Di...
Ferdinand: I will stop you there.
Maine: So you wanna fight by using mana?
Ferdinand: I will show you my reiatsu superiority ... f*ck, wrong anime. Ok you win.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 26, 2019 2:39 PM

Dec 2016
Koito91 said:
The anime had a slow start and the '3-episode rule' won't do this anime justice.
It will be sad to hear people will not watch this because of the slow pacing and HON HON HON in the beginning...

Along the course, we had some great changes, character developments, explanations of the story and every episode went better and better. I would say, this is truly the hidden gem of the season. I can't wait for Part two (No, it's not a second season, it's a part two / second cour.).

My score went from a 7 in Episodes 1-3 to a 8 in Episodes 4-12 and 9 in Episode 13-14.
Score 9/10!

I dunno, I think I just needed one or two episode to see how awesome this anime is.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 26, 2019 3:04 PM
Nov 2007
This is BS. Can't believe this awesome show is done. I wanted to see more. I gave it 9, but it's honestly 8 because the pacing was slower then I would have liked. I kicked extra point because of surprise, as in how unexpectedly good this show was, "hidden gem" so to say. I hope Maine and family are back soon.
NejiDec 26, 2019 3:13 PM
Dec 26, 2019 3:20 PM

May 2017
Like someone said: Darth Main (hopefully she stays this strong with the mana). What an amazing ending, can't wait for season 2!
Meh...
Dec 26, 2019 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
Neji said:
This is BS. Can't believe this awesome show is done. I wanted to see more. I gave it 9, but it's honestly 8 because the pacing was slower then I would have liked. I kicked extra point because of surprise, as in how unexpectedly good this show was, "hidden gem" so to say. I hope Maine and family are back soon.

-There are 2 OAV in March 2020 ( both episodes covering a part of the novel left out by the anime : one is a skipped chapter, the other is a chapter in between part 1 and part 2)
-There is a second season airing April 2020 adapting the second part.
Dec 26, 2019 4:50 PM

Apr 2018
This was the perfect Isekai for me, because I kinda hate Isekais in general. I loved the cast, the premise, the world and the story. I wasn't a fan of the animation though. I would have given it a higher score had the animation had better quality. Still I loved Myne and her quest. Can't wait for the second season to air! 8/10
Dec 26, 2019 5:04 PM

Oct 2017
What a lovely relaxed breath of fresh air. That this got a season 2 already announced gives me life. Anime is doing alright.

9/10
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Dec 26, 2019 7:23 PM
Mar 2014
Fantastic episode and a great end to the season. I just loved Myne using her mana on the high priest. It was unexpected, but fits well with everything shown so far. I wonder what else she'll do next season that'll tip the high priest to her origins. Exciting stuff!

Great anime, a true gem this season and underrated.
Dec 26, 2019 11:18 PM
Aug 2019
Yup, gimme that second season!
Dec 27, 2019 12:17 AM

Sep 2018
I get teary eye when Turi cry T----T

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! I'm so MAD to that priest!!!! (Nobles/church irl are like this too.. feels they can rule the world because they have more power and no one can defy them.. they look down commoners! I hate it!!!!!) I'm glad Main have powers to spell magic on them!!!! at the end, I'm glad it turns out well !

Good story and very interesting 8/10 I'm so excited for the season 2 !!!!

* I forgot to mention.. I love Main's voice!!!! salute to her VA
Dec 27, 2019 12:25 AM
Dec 2018
So it's confirmed Myne is the Devil

salarxDec 27, 2019 12:29 AM
Dec 27, 2019 1:27 AM

Oct 2017
Woah a very wholesome way to end the season. Glad that Maine will be able to stay with her parents and Lutz. Looking forward to s2.
Dec 27, 2019 1:50 AM

Sep 2016
Super Myne! LOL

Now that's an overpowered isekai protagonist!

The fat priest dude just lost money with the scene he made, so now the high priest accepted Myne's conditions unconditionally, lmao!

Can't wait for April to see more.
bruh
Dec 27, 2019 3:21 AM

Sep 2009
This has always been my favorite this season <3 And I'm very happy that the rank of the show is now at #600+ when it used to be, below ranked #2000+.

Can't wait for the sequel :)
Dec 27, 2019 3:22 AM

Mar 2012
This show is an example of how flawed the score system for mal is and how people are to quick to judge before they allow a show to develop. it went from 6.80 to nearly 8.

I really think Mal should adopt a policy of not allowing any scores to be shown at all until after a show is entirely aired and finished, people who finish titles noramlly have a better perspective to critisize than those who went for a first impression.

That said, it was great story and im looking foward to the next season. :)
Dec 27, 2019 6:24 AM

Nov 2013
Great final episode for the first season.
You all need to watch Nami.

Dec 27, 2019 7:33 AM
Jul 2015
Zerity said:

The Head of The Temple thought she might be really low nobility or a wealthy commoner similar to Frieda. I think the nobles are separated by high, medium, or low and the commoners probably dare the same. The temple is between the noble district and the commoner district.

Myne's family are the lowest level commoners, Benno and his sister are medium level, while the guild master and his daughter are high level commoners. The society prevents beggars in the street by enslaving the children too poor to have housing and the unwanted in the church as gray robed priest so the nobles don't have to see them.

I imagine that the low level nobles are destitute but still being nobles could bully wealthy commoners into joining their families to give them a leg up, and high level nobles are probably like royalty, mediums are in between. The higher your status the more people you can bully into giving your family members that have strong magic power and/or a lot of money.
Dec 27, 2019 9:00 AM
Jul 2015
23feanor said:
Loved the last couple of episodes. It's been an enjoyable SoL type show for most of the season, with only sporadic action and emotional parts mixed in, but the last two episodes were a complete roller coaster ride.

How cool did Myne look when she used "Crushing" against the High Priest. His attitude sucked, what a dicky lot the nobles must be if they act like that, assuming commoners are there just to acquiesce to their whims.

We never got to the part where the Head Priest puts the magical head bands on himself and Myne and reads her thoughts, finding out about her past life. That must come in S2 and they used it as a story telling device. I thought it worked well.

Overall I really, really enjoyed watching this show this season, gave it an easy 9/10. Can't wait for season 2.

The opening scene of the anime is chapter 131-132 of the light novel and this season ended at chapter 72 so yeah probably season 2.
Dec 27, 2019 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
Ready_Player_1 said:
Zerity said:

The Head of The Temple thought she might be really low nobility or a wealthy commoner similar to Frieda. I think the nobles are separated by high, medium, or low and the commoners probably dare the same. The temple is between the noble district and the commoner district.

Myne's family are the lowest level commoners, Benno and his sister are medium level, while the guild master and his daughter are high level commoners. The society prevents beggars in the street by enslaving the children too poor to have housing and the unwanted in the church as gray robed priest so the nobles don't have to see them.

I imagine that the low level nobles are destitute but still being nobles could bully wealthy commoners into joining their families to give them a leg up, and high level nobles are probably like royalty, mediums are in between. The higher your status the more people you can bully into giving your family members that have strong magic power and/or a lot of money.

Good thinking, but not exactly correct :3
- you're correct for them thinking she was the daughter of a very wealthy commoner, but they did not hesitate with "low noble". FYI nobles never send their children to the church for their baptism, they call a priest over instead, so there was never any doubt in their head that she was a commoner and not a noble.
-You're correct with the nobles having low, medium and high, although it doesn't stop here, above high is Lord Candidate (as in candidate for being the next Lord of a region), then Lord (as in Lord of a region) and above that is Royalty family, then the King himself. (there's around 20 regions in the country, the one the story happens in is called Ellenfest/Erenfest, just like the town they're in and the name of the Lord himself ).
So high noble isn't like Royalty. High nobility is still a very big deal though.
-There is no such precise thing as low, medium and high for commoners. It's just wealth difference and stuff I guess it could be divided in things like Merchants, Craftmen, Guards and the like, but no real layers.
-Both Benno and the guildmaster are very wealthy commoners. Yes the Guildmaster is even wealthier, and has way more connections with the nobles than Benno who is still young on that; but that's about it.
- The system is a bit different than enslaving and also it's only commoners young orphans being taken there. Homeless peoples don't have anything to do with Grey robes, they would never ever allow them to enter the church.Also nobles would not see homeless peoples anyway (I don't think there's that much anyway with the system of citizenship, only peoples without citizenship are homeless pretty much?) as nobles almost never go to the commoner part of the town.

- Low nobility is still nobility. Blue robes usually peoples that aren't fit for their family's nobility rank or rarely, peoples placed here for political reasons for example. So it means that quite a few of the current blue robes in Ellenfest's church are not even fit for lower nobility. They're still nobles by birth, but pretty much in name only at that point.
- Low nobility often struggles with money but they can't invite commoners in their family. The only exception would be Devoured children and even then, they would probably only do that if they come from a wealthy family.
- regardless of nobility rank, a noble has full authority on commoners so the rank here doesn't really play, it only plays in between nobles; so while noble ranks is an interesting topic that isn't too spoilerish since it's just world building, the second season will not touch a lot on this.
Dec 27, 2019 10:08 AM

Feb 2017
Zefyris said:

-You're correct with the nobles having low, medium and high, although it doesn't stop here, above high is Lord Candidate (as in candidate for being the next Lord of a region), then Lord (as in Lord of a region) and above that is Royalty family, then the King himself. (there's around 20 regions in the country, the one the story happens in is called Ellenfest/Erenfest, just like the town they're in and the name of the Lord himself ).
So high noble isn't like Royalty. High nobility is still a very big deal though.

This almost makes me sure that the head priest is from high nobility status seeing how he reacted to Myne.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

74 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 21, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

106 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 20, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

98 by kal_dev »»
Feb 2, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2019

67 by Acradis »»
Jan 29, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.