Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 18, 2020 6:13 PM

Dec 2016
Good moive overall
Is Todoroki became weaker in this movie??
He way more powerful in the anime

Anyway good movie👍
Aug 22, 2020 6:24 PM

Mar 2015
10/10 epic shit and shipping fest
Aug 23, 2020 8:36 AM

Apr 2012
So, Horikoshi officially wants to say that Bakugou is such an jerk and an asshole that One for All won't work with him? Ouch.

Siana_chan said:
10/10 epic shit and shipping fest

Shipping? Where?
Aug 23, 2020 3:44 PM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:

Shipping? Where?

Bakudeku mainly x) but some cute moments like Tokoyami x Ashido, Sero x Ochaco etc.

Also, Mineta was actually great in this.
Aug 23, 2020 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
Siana_chan said:
RobertBobert said:

Shipping? Where?

Bakudeku mainly x) but some cute moments like Tokoyami x Ashido, Sero x Ochaco etc.

Also, Mineta was actually great in this.

I'm still wondering if those Momo x Iida moments in the OVA and the movie were related to the fujoshi's massively complaining about TodoMomo on Horikoshi's twitter the recent days.
Aug 23, 2020 5:34 PM

Mar 2015
The movie is quite old in JP, but yeah TodoMomo/IidaMomo is still not clear !
Aug 29, 2020 11:15 PM

Jul 2016
Letting the most attacked class in the history of UA go unsupervised to a distant island? Main villain with little-to-none development? Main villain's henchmen being completely one-dimensional? Main villain not dying after receiving the impact of two OFA combined? Bakugou not remembering having used OFA?...
... you know? Fuck it. I had such a great time watching this movie and since I rate all BnH-related stuff mostly based on pure enjoyment, I won't even give a second thought to these few minor aspects. I'm a bit more permissive when it comes to this kind of shounen stories after all.
And there were so many good moments and additions for the fans: Aoyama, Uraraka and Sero being uncharacteristically badass; Unbreakable Kirishima returning; Tokoyami flying and adopting a new form using Black Shadow; Mineta being bearable for once; Bakugou with fucking OFA; Might+U for the final fight's climax; etc. Seriously, those last 30 minutes or so were so epic.

Okay this said, fantastic movie overall. Honestly thought it would be as average as the first one but damn, I was so wrong. This one featured a better execution of pacing, comedy and action sequences without mentioning also, an excellent selection of tracks from the OST.
Animation was spectacular but considering Bones was behind, it was to be expected. Loved how both Midoriya and Bakugou looked like total beasts while giving their final blows and having Nakamura giving his own touch as well made the whole final fighting sequence look totally insane.

As for the new characters that were introduced, Nine and his crew were rather basic as antagonists but hey, they fulfilled their purpose for the movie. Chimera being probably the most interesting out of them, by the way.
On the other hand, both Katsuma and Mahoro were absolutely adorable with Katsuma being a pretty brave young man and I particularly liked seeing Maho becoming a Bakugou fan in the end xD
Now regarding the class 1-A, I really loved how they all were involved in the final clash... well, except for Tohru (poor her). They all were relevant in one way or another and the sense of pure heroism was almost palpable while watching them. In a sense, I actually feel kinda proud after seeing how much they have grown.

8,5/10 -> 9/10 - Once again, highly entertaining movie. Now I'm all ready for that 5th. season... whenever it comes.
SouthRzVaAug 29, 2020 11:36 PM
Sep 6, 2020 3:25 PM

May 2012
They must have had an amazing budget for the visuals effects department I must say! Quite epic effects and interesting usage of cgi combined with the art.

Did't expect the transfer at all tbh but it surely added an interesting concept, especially seeing them both at full power!

Quite a great movie if you ask me and it was more than just a side story if you ask me as it holds quite some interesting character development!

Quite enjoyed watching it, and looking forwards to the fifth season!
Sep 9, 2020 5:36 PM

Apr 2009
dude, Todoroki,
that's just straight up murder :D!

so after that big-huge fight and seeing the giant impact of everything around there;
those two kids are dead
super-dead
not even a stain left-dead.
no way in holy heck they survived that chaos.

booo-riiing!!!
it would have been such a hilarious ending, and returned the equilibrium,
if Bakugo just punched some of his blood into Deku's mouth or something and be like "He gave it to You!"

this whole movie was so lame and predictable-
.....except Endeavor hugging Todoroki,
my lord, dear lord, that's hilarious

overall; movie was lame and predictable and felt like it was made for very-very young kids. i don't think i really liked any part of it much aside from the big fight by the end, but since there weren't really any stakes in it, ultimately not really very amazing.

i don't feel this movie did anything to really elevate the series, which i would say at least pokemon, digimon and precure movies has managed. this movie felt like a filler and i'm glad i didn't know anything about it before watching, since i'd probably be disappointed.

overall, both this movie and the 4th season of this series was not very good imo, not compared to the previous seasons and i think even the previous movie was better compared to this one.

here's hoping the next season (and no doubt next movie) will be better :v !
KonaniSep 9, 2020 5:40 PM
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Sep 28, 2020 11:14 PM
Jul 2017
WTF with this movie, literally spoiled some important elements of the next seasons. Pretty fucking disappointing that they used one for all like a deus ex machina, hated that bit of the movie but overall everything else was great.
Oct 4, 2020 5:02 PM

Feb 2016
I love that the focus of this movie was on every student of class 1A and not just Midoriya, Bakugo and Todoroki. It was nice seeing all of the students working together and getting by on their own on the island without the help of the pro heroes. It was also nice seeing the return of all the other characters, villains included. The opening scene with Dabi's blue fire was sick! And we got a bit more of Hawks screentime :)
Regarding Nine in this movie, i really liked his character design. His fight scenes as well as Chimera's were remarkable. They all put on a great fight. The animation in those scenes was impressive too, as expected from studio bones.

One thing about this movie is that it surely gave me the boost of serotonin i didn't know i needed. I didn't realise until now how much I've missed MHA. It's such a feel-good anime. So on that note i cannot wait for season 5! Also, the ending scene with Endeavour hugging Todoroki while crying was beyond adorable!! Go on dad of the year!! i will be supporting
Oct 8, 2020 11:53 AM

Jul 2009

Pretty surprised and confused the movie is canon and it aired before the 5th and in the middle of 4th season (considering the events in the manga). Either way, 6/10 - pity it started getting good at the end, felt rather mediocre most of the time.
Oct 12, 2020 3:37 AM

Dec 2012
This was a very good movie. The action was great and I liked the setting because it made the sense of danger more believable since they were far from the Pro Heroes. I was almost fooled to thinking this was canon when Deku transferred One For All to Bakugo.
Oct 15, 2020 2:54 AM

Feb 2018
If they could have ended it without the BS about Bakugo's random memory loss of passing the quirk and how the quirk came back to Deku it would have been way better. At this point saying something like quirk deleted bakugo's memory will be stupid so they didn't wanted to go that way I understand that. Also they could have make Bakugo give it to Deku again but that will create a new mechanic or One For All and clearly they don't wanted that to happen. What I mean with mechanic is, in new season fans will wait Deku to pass his quirk to Kacchan time to time in order to win. Of course some other people will find about the secret of the quirk because of that and story will lead to another way, I understand that. Their ending was the most logical and stupid ending at the same time. That's my comment on this movie. Cheers.
Oct 19, 2020 2:49 AM

Dec 2013
Dumb movie but I still loved it. Seeing all of class A in action had me hyped!

Bakugou using OFA was really stupid and the aftermath was even stupider but seeing those two fight together at the end was one of the most hype moments in the series for me.
Dec 26, 2020 6:04 PM
Jun 2016
This movie was awesome!!!
At first, you can see class-A having a peaceful time while doing small heroic jobs. They also get to interact with people and cooperate with each other. Ofc, when movies starts like this, it looks quite enjoyable but you don't expect very much further. Surprisingly...

After watching first half of movie it turns into whole-action-packed scenes. After villains appearance the whole class reunites, yet again, to save everybody. At this moment I guess the most surprising thing was Bakugo's alliance with Deku despite him needing ''to lower himself to fight with Deku'.

What surprised me even more, was transfer of OFA. At this moment it's clear that Deku does really put a lot of trust to Kacchan. The fight continues with their fighting style perfectly matching to become even more powerful as before. Nearby two kids are yelling to encourage them, which somehow reminded Deku and Bakugo as kids idolizing to All Might.

At the end the only disappointment was that BS when Bakugo forgot everything about AFO transfer. but does it also mean that he didn't even question how they defeated their opponent? Also, after defeating Nine no one tries to find him even though he made such a chaos..? If not Shigaraki who finishes him off, dunno what would happened later.

Anyways it was exciting and wort to watch it!
Jan 1, 2021 4:56 PM
Sep 2018
WAW. it's the best animated movie I've seen in terms of fighting, of course Kimi no na wa and Koe no Katachi stays on top... Anyway the movie was incredible, the ending was just insane. I hope that BNHA will continue to make me dream like this for the next seasons. <3
Jan 12, 2021 4:37 AM

May 2013
This was actually awful. Not only was it bad but it went against the very spirit and messages of the series. Every character in the film had shallow motivations, One For All basically became magic and so much plot holes were handwaved.

I pray that I forget about this. The action and teamwork was great, but that does not make up for the writing.
Jan 22, 2021 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
I had such a great time with the second movie. So for the first time our heros were on their own without any help of pro heros. This was definitely a good first experience for them what it will look like in the future.

The villains in form of Nine, Slice, Kon and Mummy were extremely strong and I love the fights against them. I know opinions are always subjective especially in case of BNHA, but this anime always manages to amaze me.Seeing Deku and Bakugou working together with everything they had in an all out fight, what could I wish more for. The animation at this point was out of this world and the OST Might+U always hits on such a high emotional level ;_;

I can see why a lot of people have problems with the scene where Deku transfered OFA to Bakugou. But in a situation like this where you're at the point of death I would say anything is possible. Nobody knows exactly what happened in this moment, maybe that's also the reason why Bakugou forgot about it when OFA left his body? Hard to say.

The kids Katsuma and Mahoro fit very well in the story. I guess both of them reminded Deku and Bakugou on themself idolizing All Might, so it was a nice moment when Deku told Katsuma "You can be a hero!"

Jan 30, 2021 8:42 PM
Jul 2020
OH. MY. GOD. I LOVED that whole movie! It was so cool to see all of 1A!!!! I loved the fights. The animation was AMAZING. That was, SO GOOD. (Overall rating high based on how much fun I had watching, not from an objective standpoint.)

9/10 for sure.
Mar 3, 2021 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
Ok so this movie was definitely a lot better than the first one. I went in with low expectations and it ended up entertaining me quite a bit. It still had a very lackluster first 25-30 minutes, but after that, it picks up gets much better.

MY BIGGEST PEEVE WITH THIS MOVIE THO:
I can't wait to be reintroduced to the cast and the main story and events of the tv show for the third time (not including the tv anime) with the third movie. Jesus christ, Bones, just stop doing this every single season and every single movie. WE KNOW ALL OF IT. WE DON'T NEED TO BE REMINDED OF EVERYTHING. WE DON'T NEED EVERY INFORMATION CHEWED AND DELIVERED TO US. WE HAVE BRAINS.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 17, 2021 6:02 PM

Aug 2008
I can be generous and give this a 7/10, don't know what is so great about it, nothing but a series of cliches and shounen powerups through willpower like its from Bleach or something. This film even had a sky beam at the end like every generic superhero film has.
Mar 28, 2021 7:27 AM

Oct 2016
That was a great ass movie, I don't care about the plot holes and shit, I don't consider this canon anyway, well at least most of it. But, that was epic as fuck through and through. This was an awesome self-contained story. And I think it's definitely way better than the first movie, I love how everyone in the class had their parts and moments. Good fun enjoyable shit. 8/10
May 19, 2021 2:45 PM

Apr 2012
last fight in a nutshell
May 22, 2021 11:16 PM

Jun 2020
Shame. I fucking enjoyed this movie, like I loved it. The art & animation were stellar, ESPECIALLY THE ART. But what the flying fuck was that 2 One For All bs!!!!!!! As much as I love Kacchan but????????? They made that happen & just completed brushed it off. Geez what a way to ruin this movie, it was actually fantastic till that last part.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 29, 2021 7:19 PM
Mar 2021
Amazing! The animation is art!
May 29, 2021 7:19 PM
Mar 2021
Amazing! The animation is art!
Jun 8, 2021 7:14 AM
Jul 2019
Double One for All Was So Cool Thua blanao bad this movie
Jul 2, 2021 8:55 AM
Jul 2020
Just powers no brain.
Red riot vs spike hair lady
Acid girl supports vs chimera
Aug 9, 2021 3:25 AM

Oct 2009
The staff really went "fuck it" and decided to go all out on sakuga at the end. Pretty crazy visuals.

Other than that pretty mediocre, the villains motivations weren't expanded on at all..
Chimera was pretty cool, though he appeared to have multiple powers as well; super strength, fire and hyper beam thing..??

5/10
Aug 30, 2021 10:41 AM

Feb 2021
The animation and the final fight's OST were fucking awesome.

But, but, but......It didn't quite impress me.

There are a lot of things that don't make sense tbh. Midoriya transferred OFA just by touching Bakugo? Is that even possible? I thought you needed to ingest the DNA of the OFA holder in some form or another.

Also the villain was facing problems after some time of continuously using his quirks, but then?? Just like that he kept going on like a madlad?!

Also him going through he procedure of obtaining AFO like quirk doesn't make much sense. Who was that mad scientist/doctor? League of Villains funded it or something?

Bakugo obtained OFA, and basically mastered 'full cowl' for sometime and used it like Midoriya!?

Also Midoriya getting back OFA cause Bakugo fainted before the transfer?? Like bruh he used OFA for a while and ya'll are saying the transfer wasn't complete? Also are the ancestors behind preventing the transfer to be completed?

Also the story was a bit cliché to be honest. I'm confused if I should score this a 6/10 or 7/10.

Anyway it was a decent movie. I enjoyed the final fight.

Nov 16, 2021 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
It was good movie. As good as the first one? Probably not. There were a bunch of things I did not like. The antagonists were pretty bland and a weaker "All for One" was pretty unimaginative as the big baddy. Deku giving Bakugo "One for All" and then though a miracle doesn't somehow lose it anyway, was also a weak plot point. Last but not least the final fight with missing sound effects and that weird background music was not only boring, but also too long.

On the other side the great character cast got another time to shine, though I feel like Yaozu always gets the short end of the stick despite having such an OP quirk. Aoyama with his huge lazor, Uraka giving everything to throw stones at that bad dude and Tokoyami's rage moment were definitely the highlights of this episode for me though. The others also did get a fair amount of screentime, but those three stood out for me.

I wouldn't mind watching another movie, but I very much prefer the seasons instead.
Nov 21, 2021 6:30 AM

Apr 2021
Not a bad movie ya know...It was AWESOME!!!!....Comparing this with the previous movie I'd say both are equally good in terms of story, animation and of course the fight scenes but I really really liked this a tiny bit more especially because of that one scene where Midoriya transferred his powers to Bakugo....And Yeah after that the fight was just.....INCREDIBLE....

This was a really good movie and yeah ever since I've started watching MHA....I've always been blown away in amazement....
Thank you Bones!!!!!
Dec 10, 2021 3:00 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Wow, I am amazed. Speechless and with no words.
I did not set up fr or much, but I was very entertained by this movie. The final clutch was stupid good.
Jan 17, 2022 6:47 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So this issue or whatever has already been discussed quite a bit so I'm just going to lightly touch on it: yes I think there's some rather BS writing regarding one-for-all in the end. Both on how it's used, and how they try and cover it up so that it doesn't impede on the events of the main series- yes Bakugo's convenient memory loss. HOWEVER, it honestly didn't bother me too much. In a shounen like this, I believe there's still plenty of breathing room for bending the rules a little. Maybe the one-for-all transfer indeed was kind of an ass-pull, but I mean, it hasn't been established that that is NOT possible. The main issue I think is how Deku somehow has managed to keep it. All-might briefly speculates that all-for-one has become so cultivated that it can tell if its user wants to simply temporarily transfer it in a life-and-death situation. Sigh, yes it sort of is lazy writing, but when Bones is making anime look like THIS, I really don't care. Not going to question it, and just live in the moment. Oops, this really isn't lightly touching on it, maybe moderately touching on it. Also quickly while on the topic of continuity issues, did they forget that the magician guy from the League of Villains only had one arm, or did he get healed off screen somewhere? Anyway, TL;DR, I have some issues with the writing, but by no means does it significantly hinder my enjoyment on the rest of this movie because HOT DAMN I enjoyed this movie.

Right off the bat, WOLVERINE TOKOYAMI??!! WTF!!!! WE NEED MORE OF THIS

As usual, I love all the combos used by Class 1-A. They certainly were effective in holding off some rather intimidating villains. They didn't even need to hold them off long enough until help arrived, because well, they won, the Deku Bakugo one-for-all tag team managed to defeat someone who was basically just maybe a slightly weaker All-For-One clone. Nine probably failed because despite having nine quirks, he didn't use them creatively enough and just did dumb shit like making a huge RGB tornado.

While Deku and Bakugo vs. Nine is definitely where most of the budget went, the highlight for me EASILY was the takedown of the chimera villain. It was like the Thanos scene on titan in Infinity War, except this time it's better because they actually succeed thanks to none of the students having a dumbass starlord moment.

The soundtrack slaps. I like the slight reprise of All-Might's theme near the beginning. Maybe they're some slight bs writing, but this movie freaking excels on a technical level. Season 4 had a slight but insignificant downgrade in animation imo, but this movie certainly explains where most of the manpower was going.

Deadass I think my 2nd favorite moment after the chimera takedown was near the beginning, with Bakugo listening in on Deku just being a good hero. The thing I like is his popsicle melting, he was so focused on Deku that he forgot about it. Just something I liked

I liked Iida showing control and leadership, organizing the class and preparing them for battle, in which they functioned together rather seamlessly.

X-Catapult

Using Kaminari as a lighting rode was such a smart move

Those restraints must be pretty strong to be able to withhold the chimera guy. Dude was sunken and trapped in a frozen lake but still burst out of it

Now as for Deku, dude went 100% again, when the doctor from the start of season 3 warned him that he could permanently break his arm if he used such power a few more times. But at the end of the movie he seemed to be fine, like it was just another day in the office, another day of getting his arm busted. Maybe one-for-all is making his body stronger, slowly but surely, being able to handle its full power. Idk, you really could write anything about it at this point and it would stick.

Overall, another 8/10 for the my hero academia series. Maybe some of the events may not fit quite so smoothly into the main series- but then again, the first movie wasn't so good on that account either. But the highs that these movies give more than make op for those little plot holes.

Just like the last movie, it really is just more My Hero Academia. Which is a good thing, if you love these characters and this world. It's just put on a little steroids. Or rather, a lot of steroids actually

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 5, 2022 5:35 PM

Feb 2019
I dunno, 9/10 overall because of the lame fight scene at the end.

MHA consistently amazes with with how it can have some of the best animation in the industry and yet some of the worst writing. So, ignoring all previously established rules, Deku keeps One for All for some magical reason? First of all I disagree with Deku giving anyone his quirk this early on, but even if he did pass it to Bakugo there were so many better ways he could have got it back. I'm sure Bakugo would have wanted to give Deku back his quirk after the fight - but instead the writers decide to rely on stupid anime logic. Insane.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jun 6, 2022 9:51 PM

Feb 2015
It was meh. Despite the action was good, there are a lot of inconsistencies in how the heroes ended there, the villains plan, how they fought, their strength. But in the end, I was not expecting anything. I don’t even noticed how Deku transferred his quirk to Bakugo. But whatever, is not relevant for the main story.
Jul 30, 2022 7:56 PM

Jun 2014
The animation in this movie was really something else!

I did not expect Deku to give Bakugou his quirk. Assuming that he would lose it like All Might did, it looks like a miracle happened. Perhaps after giving it to Bakugou, it transferred back into Deku or something, meaning that Bakugou may no longer have it anymore, but who knows? Either way, that villain was on All for One's level of power, so this was clearly the most difficult battle they ever faced.

Aug 28, 2022 2:26 AM
Aug 2022
this anime make happy
Sep 6, 2022 3:53 PM
May 2020
It was aight, the inconsistencies brings it down however
Sep 10, 2022 4:00 AM

Aug 2016
Bakugous OFA looked so badass. The climax was overall really silly though and completely missed me. Eh, don't need to watch this again.
Oct 2, 2022 5:09 PM
Jan 2018
ENTRETERNIMENTO
Oct 14, 2022 8:49 AM
Oct 2022
This whole movie is what got me back into my hero every second of it is so good
Oct 17, 2022 8:01 AM
Jul 2020
I enjoyed this. It was nice to see all the students on their own without the pro heroes being around.
Dec 9, 2022 4:39 PM
Jul 2016
gsgrshsthtwJTEJtej hHWRhwhts
Dec 25, 2022 11:59 AM
Dec 2022
Amazing fights, especially the last one with deku and bakugou vs nine
Jan 31, 2023 4:33 PM
Jan 2017
The first movie was better however this one was good.
Feb 13, 2023 12:50 PM
Dec 2022
ONE FOR ALL BAKUGO?? AWSOMEEEE
can't make a movie without everyone dying of course, BUTTT i loved it
Feb 18, 2023 10:13 AM
Feb 2023
I didnt really like it much
Feb 23, 2023 5:35 AM
May 2017
it was ok movie i saw it finally after not thinking about the movies a lit
simultanoeusly researching about where the movies lie and when too watch them
the studio has tried so hard to connect it to canon timeline and done a great job of intertwining or mingle it somehow doesnt matter how muddled or complicated it makes the canon looks like
for them its a buck for that period of time they wanna earn back
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» [Spoiler] Question PogChamp

CickNipolla - Jan 13, 2022

13 by SonoAltoComeLevi »»
Sep 19, 2023 12:44 PM

» This movie is full of plot holes[Spoilers]

MegamiRem - Jul 10, 2020

14 by removed-user »»
Aug 13, 2022 1:13 AM

» Do you prefer Nine's group or Shigaraki's?

Scordolo - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sol_Ou »»
Apr 11, 2022 5:02 PM

» what does 'A new visual has just been added for this spring/2021 anime" mean

NicoTheAllMighty - Feb 4, 2021

12 by Gammix »»
Oct 2, 2021 9:09 AM

» When to watch

crechi - Sep 25, 2021

5 by removed-user »»
Sep 30, 2021 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.