Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2020 9:02 PM

Aug 2013

You probably shouldn't constantly throw around the word subjective. Doesn't seem like you have a complete grasp on the definition.
Jan 13, 2020 5:04 AM
Jul 2008
Jonesy974 said:

You probably shouldn't constantly throw around the word subjective. Doesn't seem like you have a complete grasp on the definition.

This show is bad but most things you wrote are very subjective or you overthinked about it, those comment will be marked as subjective.

Like that yuri bait, I think you are the only one seeing that.
Jan 16, 2020 5:09 AM

Jul 2015
Well this is the end, sad that Veronica died after all the effort Marlya put into convincing her to stop her revenge

While the animation, and premise of the story are pretty decent, the execution of the story wasn't that good because I have the feeling that I understood only part of the whole thing that has been going on with the Kingdom, Eins organisation, black fairy tome, etc . The amount of conversations could have easily been reduced as those got really boring in my opinion. The whole Veronica subplot felt too dragged but still a nice touch of letting Marlya have Veronica's fairy at the end.

Jan 18, 2020 2:41 AM

May 2009
It was definitely better than previous season.
Jonesy974 said:
1. First and foremost, the yuri bait. From the onset Marlya was so obsessed with finding Ver, and every time she talked about her it was always in a manner that described how deep their bonds were. They never said the phrase "like family" until the 23rd episode, so the entire time they were constantly teasing some level of romantic feelings, especially on Marlya's part. And it amounted to absolutely nothing.

You were told already that almost everything you just overthought, especially thinking this show is yuribait jus because two girls were close friends. Seriously, what a retarded times we live that two people of same sex can't be considered just friends due to overbearing yuri/yaoibait everywhere.
Jan 19, 2020 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
It was stupid to kill Veronica and make Free appear to help seconds later, like he could appear and help them out without her needing to die, she was the best thing in this whole series.
Jan 25, 2020 8:15 PM

Aug 2013
bastek66 said:
Jonesy974 said:
1. First and foremost, the yuri bait. From the onset Marlya was so obsessed with finding Ver, and every time she talked about her it was always in a manner that described how deep their bonds were. They never said the phrase "like family" until the 23rd episode, so the entire time they were constantly teasing some level of romantic feelings, especially on Marlya's part. And it amounted to absolutely nothing.

You were told already that almost everything you just overthought, especially thinking this show is yuribait jus because two girls were close friends. Seriously, what a retarded times we live that two people of same sex can't be considered just friends due to overbearing yuri/yaoibait everywhere.

Blame the shit writing. Took them literally 23 episodes for them to draw the line. No different than the yuri-baiting in Hibike Euphonium.
Jan 25, 2020 8:30 PM

Aug 2013
LeonLanford said:
Jonesy974 said:

This show is bad but most things you wrote are very subjective or you overthinked about it, those comment will be marked as subjective.

Out of all the people that watched this show I can guarantee you I'm far from the only person who thought there was yuri-bait. If anything I'd bet the majority of viewers thought so. But just to look at other ones on the list you claim are subjective:

13. Not subjective. He was teased as an important character and ultimately wasn't. Not something to be debated or interpreted.
15. Not subjective. That's exactly how his character was. The first episode he was introduced in he beat all 7-8 other characters in combat by a landslide, left of his own accord just so he could be entertained, and his fairy let him see into the future. Next episode he's in he immediately gets trounced. Not subjective, literally how his character played out.
16. Not subjective. It's literally what fucking happened. Frequently. That's not open to interpretation. The scene cuts and off screen events are things that literally happened.

I could go on and pick apart most things you claimed were subjective but I'd be here all day. It's not a matter of of overthinking things, its simply that the writing is piss poor and didn't fully flesh out anything they introduced in a meaningful way.

Jan 25, 2020 8:41 PM

May 2009
Jonesy974 said:
bastek66 said:

Blame the shit writing. Took them literally 23 episodes for them to draw the line. No different than the yuri-baiting in Hibike Euphonium.

Except in Hibike both girls have love interests and one of them insist that she loves his teacher.
Jan 25, 2020 10:24 PM

Aug 2013
bastek66 said:
Jonesy974 said:

Except in Hibike both girls have love interests and one of them insist that she loves his teacher.

And? Literally didn't stop KyoAni from force-inserting the yuri-bait. Also cut Kumiko's relationship out of the anime entirely for the sake of pushing that yuri-bait.
Jan 26, 2020 5:57 AM
Jul 2008
Jonesy974 said:
LeonLanford said:

Out of all the people that watched this show I can guarantee you I'm far from the only person who thought there was yuri-bait. If anything I'd bet the majority of viewers thought so. But just to look at other ones on the list you claim are subjective:

13. Not subjective. He was teased as an important character and ultimately wasn't. Not something to be debated or interpreted.
15. Not subjective. That's exactly how his character was. The first episode he was introduced in he beat all 7-8 other characters in combat by a landslide, left of his own accord just so he could be entertained, and his fairy let him see into the future. Next episode he's in he immediately gets trounced. Not subjective, literally how his character played out.
16. Not subjective. It's literally what fucking happened. Frequently. That's not open to interpretation. The scene cuts and off screen events are things that literally happened.

I could go on and pick apart most things you claimed were subjective but I'd be here all day. It's not a matter of of overthinking things, its simply that the writing is piss poor and didn't fully flesh out anything they introduced in a meaningful way.

Yuri bait? Quoted from @bastek66: "Seriously, what a retarded times we live that two people of same sex can't be considered just friends due to overbearing yuri/yaoibait everywhere."
You're even bringing other anime that's unrelated to this, this is clearly your only opinion.

13. Characters who give important information that died very soon is not uncommon. This commonly know as 'plot device'.

15. Is it Jonathan? As long as I remember there's nothing weird about him.

16. I see nothing weird.

I don't know why you insist on debating on things I put as 'subjective'. You can just replace 'subjective' as 'no comment' or write it off and nothing changed. Why are you insist on forcing your opinion on me?
I was expecting you to comment on the other things I commented but you insists on debating about the 'subjective' replies.
Feb 11, 2020 2:47 AM

Oct 2019
I see so much hate for this show, even MAL doesn't bother to put cast list on this page. Watched both seasons and enjoyed em except last part when they have to kill off Ver for plot device (fairy fusion huh? is that even necessary to begin with?). Seeing Marlya and Ver make up on ep 10 (or 22?) was probably the most pleasant scene on this show, too bad this show didn't want to just leave them happy.

7/10
andrearionaFeb 11, 2020 1:32 PM
Apr 9, 2020 5:10 AM

Apr 2011
Really liked it.
Marlya and Free both survived, and are still partners which is great.
(I still think that the director is the best character though.)

It was nice and had a sort of classic genuine fantasy vibe that the industry lacks in a big way nowadays.
7/10
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Aug 13, 2020 11:13 PM

May 2014
I'll join the minority opinion. I felt this was a decent show. Not a great show, as it had its flaws, but I found it a refreshing break from the usual slew of isekai fantasy. I feel if the industry continues to pursue the route of original concepts, they can come up with something truly wonderful.

I liked the setting, character and creature design in particular.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Sep 28, 2020 5:36 AM
Apr 2020
It literally took me a month to finish this. This show is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbage
Feb 16, 2021 7:43 PM
Oct 2019
the animators shrunk that trident to half its size so that it could fit in the whiny bitch girl's hands. lmao

wolfran lives. lame. the qanon fairy cult is all dead (or at least mostly), so that's good

it's pretty dope that she can absorb other fairies... there's a lot they could do with that

fairy soldier guy put a huge slash in the beast. a little too large. that monster was taller than most of the buildings in town. no way a human could make a slice that big on one attempt, even with a fairy weapon. overall I thought defeating that beast was too abrupt. that said, even if the fight lasted several more minutes, I probably would've fast forwarded through it anyways haha

I really enjoyed this series (both seasons) and its overall plot. which is kind of funny considering I completely disliked the main character (marlya aka whiny bitch girl) and thought she only served to make the show worse

I'll give it a 7/10. but I really think if they had made some editorial decisions to make marlya a little less awful this could be 8/10-worthy
Aug 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Feb 2018
Divine Beast attacking without stoping, Divine Beast when it stabs Ver and she has 'the talk' with Mar - understanable have a nice day.
So the Fairies pulled a fusion on us and with the power of love they beat it. Series ending felt rushed but then again it already felt dragged enough.. series were meh but still had its fun parts.
Dec 11, 2023 7:25 AM
Jun 2022
Saying ver was a good character!??? She was nothing but a hot looking dry character.... Like most characters in the show.. female lead is obnoxious as hell..she shows zero character development... She starts weak and stays weak.. people die left and right trying protect her sorry ass... Only thing good about this is it's character designs
Dec 17, 2023 5:12 PM

Jan 2012
They had to have their boring het ship and couldn't justify Marlya and Ver not ending together, so they killed Ver off. I don't think I can roll my eyes enough at this.
Ver's death was cheap, the cgi was crap, there were too many characters that didn't amount to anything and the fairy tomes were irrelevant, 4/10

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

24 by Kap92 »»

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

21 by Kap92 »»

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2019

26 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:25 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2019

21 by Kap92 »»

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

18 by Kap92 »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.