Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2019 5:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No OP.

Main guy is damaged. Other three tends him, lead by KajiKaji's character.

Since Morikubo-san's character wants to know the truth, main guy said it. He heard that his father killed someone on stage? It seems like a fan got on stage and he fell, causing her to be dead.

Everyone cheering on him. Then Ryuuseitai barge in to cheer him, too. Since they are here, other three wanting Eden to help out, since they believe it's not Eden who did it.

Other units also helping in various way.

Eden's performance w. The Genesis.

Main guy explained everything and that his father is clean. Those reporters, who did it, were also caught.

Then Trickstar's performance w. Infinite Star. Flying and shining, and Suwabe-san's character remembering the admiration. Trickstar wins.

First time calling producer as her name.

OP1 as ED.

CG Live Part Collection Exclusively via AbemaTV Next Week
https://twitter.com/stars_animation/status/1208749030030761984
tsubasaloverDec 22, 2019 7:45 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 22, 2019 8:29 AM
Sep 2015
Akehoshi's backstory is such drama, his dad died in jail (or not?).
And I thought that there'll be some crazy fan go on stage and hug Akehoshi too!
Dec 22, 2019 9:03 AM

Jul 2017
ngl though this idol show actually had some of the better idol songs I’ve seen. It’s a shame we barely got to hear them half of the time because flashbacks and monologues interrupted them

Other than that this series made no sense whatsoever

too many idols/10
Dec 22, 2019 10:58 AM

Nov 2018
wow, that was a wild ride. this was probably the best episode out of all of them lmao but that's probably me and my trickstar bias speaking. as a whole, the series was a bit rushed and there were details that were still missing (can we get a f for madara) but seeing the boys move was great, the songs were even better, and anzu was fantastic as always. definitely worth the long wait.
Dec 22, 2019 2:50 PM
Dec 2018
It's finally over. Now I can go back to the game stories where the real good stuff is. I really hope anyone who interacted with Enstars for the first time through the anime decides to do some further research on it, because it genuinely isn't as awful and shallow as the anime made it look like. Definitely not something for the anime only crowd, as sad as it sounds.
Dec 22, 2019 3:36 PM

Dec 2015
EDEN PERFORMANCE! EDEN PERFORMANCE! EDEN PERFORMANCE! EDEN PERFORMANCE! EDEN PERFORMANCE! That's what I wanted and I'm glad we got it!!!

I think even anime-only can guess the winner between Trickstar and Eden... Most of the time it's always the main group who win.
It's over... Sure the thing I enjoy is seeing my boys animated and the songs.

Even we, player know that the anime is rushed, fanservice and don't have a lot development. There is a lot of translated stories on the wiki to know more about the characters and adapted one are better to understand what happen. ;)

set by taiyaki

Dec 22, 2019 8:15 PM

Oct 2009
I rarely feel this way, but EnStars is probably gonna be a series I won't miss. Way too many characters, way too much nonsense, way too much weirdness, the questionable designs, the fact that in an idol franchise we barely get to see/hear actual performances.... And on top of all that, there was such a rush to tell each of the story it tried to tell that more often than not they really made no sense and failed to connect me with any of the characters. In 24 episodes, for an anime to fail to engage me enough to care for even a single character (especially when there are so many) - I'm pretty sure it's some sort of feat. And I did give it all the chance, I have watched the whole thing.

Akehoshi being like he was suffering from a gunshot wound for about 80% of this episode was really the "highlight".
Dec 23, 2019 12:58 AM

Mar 2008
This series was sooooo painful to watch. Very glad it's over. As others have said, way too many characters.
Dec 23, 2019 1:25 AM

Jan 2013
Ahh, it's over... Even if the anime wasn't that great of an adaptation I'm really going to miss looking forward to it every sunday. I'm just glad I got to see my best boys animated (and plenty of rtmo moments, blessed).

Even if I did enjoy it, I can really understand why people wouldn't like it considering a lot of the appeal is just... seeing the characters moving. None of the episodes even come close to the quality of the game- trust me, the characters /are/ fleshed out well in the source material but sadly, four years worth of content (with 4 ~30min stories released per month) there was no way they could get it all across.
Dec 23, 2019 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
EDEN AND INFINITE STAR <3

I wish they fleshed out more of the main stories a bit (add in performances for fillers), this episode felt super rushed for some reason. Anyways it was a wild but enjoyable ride. Definitely an anime catered towards the fans.

Also wth Alkaloid's whatshisname,amagi? is in audience, such a tease HappyEle LOL

Edit: Somewhat sorta kinda related, Happy Ele released a PV for the upcoming rhythm game in celebration of Christmas (and the song that should've been in Starlight fes rofl):
HiyuuTDec 23, 2019 7:58 AM
Dec 25, 2019 6:38 PM

Jul 2017
This final episode was quite decent imo.

Hm.. overall, pretty average show. 24 episodes was too much, and this had way too many characters for me to follow, i reached a point where i just didn't care for any of them lol, only the main characters i guess? The music was kinda nice, but nothing new really.

5/10
Jan 4, 2020 5:51 AM

May 2018
I'm a bit sad now that it's over.... I know the game is going on and so there's no end for Ensemble Stars and we can futhermore enjoy our guys but after waiting so many years for this anime I will really miss seeing my boys animated 😪 I agree that the anime was a bit confusing for the ones who aren't in the world of EnStars and don''t know the characters but for me as long Fan I really really enjoyed seeing my lovely boys and all the Stories come to life <3

Btw: That cameo of the leader of the new band Alkaloid really suprised me. I was like 'Oh my god! That was really Hiiro wasn't it???'😍 Since I don't think there will be a second season so maybe a hint for the new EnStars game?

Jun 19, 2020 10:31 AM
Mar 2015
The best idol series to this day.
Mar 27, 2022 11:04 AM

Feb 2020
A happy ending. :)

Well, this was a good show. I liked the story, although some of the episodes were a little boring. "Marionette (Part 1)" was probably my favorite episode.

I'm not sure who was my favorite character. I liked many of the guys equally. Anzu was also a great addition to the show. She's a very nice, smart ,and hard-working girl. :)

The performances looked great, but too many of them were skipped. I also didn't like those random conversations during them. They pretty much ruined the whole mood.

SerafosDec 17, 2022 9:42 AM
Jan 20, 2023 3:03 PM
Dec 2021
great. I would like a season 2.
Sep 16, 2023 5:08 PM

Oct 2022
Great last episode. The scandal being revealed in front of thousands of people destroys Akehoshi's spirit so badly that he is near a breakdown in the dressing rooms. When he was gasping, sitting there- I thought he would whip Isara's hand away or something, like I've seen in a lot of anime. But he doesn't, and his friends come to his side. Seeing how these boys took hold of him to help another through a major panic attack was really moving. What great friends.
But then Hokuto marches toward Eden's dressing room- intent on finding out what's up. Well as it was hinted at earlier- this betrayal was not the work of Ibara or Eden members, and they all agreed they needed to work together to put the scandal to bed and ma boy Barry- I LOVE THAT GUY ..all agreed to help as best they good. Nevertheless the truth about the scandal had to come out. Yuuki asks a tough question- and I thought it was in bad taste to say it right in front of Akehoshi with the others- was it true or not? But it had to be resolved there- and Akehoshi told his tragic story. It was so bad and apparently well known, that I sort of question how it could be some kind of secret scheme to reveal it- like even if the industry worked to bury it, surely a lot of people would know about it and it wouldn't be such a surprise. Well it sort of needs to be for plot reasons, but it provided a good motivator to have the final concert not be a battle between the groups- but a great spectacle of entertainment for everyone.
So all of Yumenosaki's Idol units perform, but the scandal has to be addressed, and Akehoshi hauls himself onto the stage and vows to fight it. His father's untimely death, which is hinted to be suicide, is the biggest reason for his sorrow now. In the voting, Trickstar wins- they've attained the top honor of all the idol groups in their academy and the competing one.

So I loved this anime, but mostly because it was 24 episodes of pretty boys and with a bunch of characters I loved (Akehoshi, Isara, Tori, Sora, NAZUNA!!! and of course BARRY, and some I hated like Eichi, Ran, and a few others that annoyed me but most of them were really cool) So I guess the anime really did what it was designed to do... with all the different types of guys portrayed, it was similar to any other idol anime (with girls)- every different type of personality and look, big strong, cute, brooding, arrogant jerks and sweethearts, vampire goth guys, even some who are gay even so there's plenty to choose from. But as an idol anime it sort of fails I think because there is NOT ENOUGH music, and the songs that do get played are often cut or spoken over. I liked the anime and would rate it at least 7 (not sure yet) and would love to see more. If there is more, or if another one comes out. Just please MORE MUSIC. And maybe throw in a romance or something that would be fun drama- but music must come first!
SuperAdventureSep 16, 2023 5:27 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ensemble Stars! Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

5 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Ensemble Stars! Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 8, 2019

11 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 16, 2023 2:19 PM

Poll: » Ensemble Stars! Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2019

8 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Ensemble Stars! Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

5 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 13, 2023 6:35 PM

Poll: » Ensemble Stars! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2019

8 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 12, 2023 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.