Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2019 2:31 PM

Jul 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
Kuroimi said:
So many plotholes, wow

I would be interested in particular plot holes. Could you kindly list them, at least by name?

First, why would they need to transport Kirito in the artificial island if they can connect from Japan, like Shinon and Suguha will do?

Why the scientists took that much time to detect the change in the server' speed? Or at least that something was strange? Because they were sleeping? What a coincidence

Why the players from america can connect in Underworld this fast? Wasn't it a "closed beta" thingy? It was done in like less than one hour (since they didn't even cut all the ropes in Underworld), it shouldn't be this fast for the word to spread in the internet, select enough people and prepare it on the go like that, or what, are all American have no life?

Also, why would a "private" server network from Japan (and by that, I mean a server solely made for testing things for the nation) would connect this easely in America for them to play?

I would also add the thing about AmuSphere being able to connect in Underworld, but that was already explained here so I guess that doesn't count

Also, Yui who know everything is a little bit over the top but I guess we need it or else the story won't progress :/

Maybe I didn't understand what was explained and that's why I see these things as plotholes, or story convenience, if so, if someone would like to explain it to me...
Dec 21, 2019 2:42 PM
Dec 2019
Nayout said:
That many here have zero social skills does not make the speech stupid, the speech is a reality for many MMORPG players who consider these more than just a game, where friendships, love affairs, etc.

https://www.runaroundnet.com/2019/03/creating-and-leading-top-ffxiv-guild.html

I spent a great deal of time playing Ragnarok Online and I still feel bad about when my guild fell apart. I can only imagine that VRMMO of the level of SAO would absolutely be a second life for most of the people playing.
Dec 21, 2019 2:43 PM

Oct 2019
Kuroimi said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I would be interested in particular plot holes. Could you kindly list them, at least by name?

First, why would they need to transport Kirito in the artificial island if they can connect from Japan, like Shinon and Suguha will do?

Why the scientists took that much time to detect the change in the server' speed? Or at least that something was strange? Because they were sleeping? What a coincidence

Why the players from america can connect in Underworld this fast? Wasn't it a "closed beta" thingy? It was done in like less than one hour (since they didn't even cut all the ropes in Underworld), it shouldn't be this fast for the word to spread in the internet, select enough people and prepare it on the go like that, or what, are all American have no life?

Also, why would a "private" server network from Japan (and by that, I mean a server solely made for testing things for the nation) would connect this easely in America for them to play?

I would also add the thing about AmuSphere being able to connect in Underworld, but that was already explained here so I guess that doesn't count

Also, Yui who know everything is a little bit over the top but I guess we need it or else the story won't progress :/

Maybe I didn't understand what was explained and that's why I see these things as plotholes, or story convenience, if so, if someone would like to explain it to me...

For Kirito is because they need stl, amusphere can’t help because it hasn’t what is necessary

.It don’t pass too much time, I think it depends on a perspective in time.

The things of give to the American players the chance to login is part of the plan, the war until now is part of Vector plan to take time until Critter do this. It takes to him around 5 hours like the blond computer scientist said.

This project run over the seed, the tecnology developed by Kayaba so I think it’s possible give to others the right to login using the functionality of cross-platform of the seed.
Dec 21, 2019 2:54 PM

Feb 2013
Caltsio said:
Nemesis16 said:

The thing is, all the games had pain absorber so you never felt real pain. On Underworld, you not only feel real pain but it's a bit more than normal. You sense all of that into the Underworld, not on your outside body. For example, if you get decapitated, you will feel it in there with your avatar as there's nothing blocking the pain. It's basically this. The signals are sent to your brain but you feel them into the virtual world.

Using your example is a bit hard to understand because i don't know what happen when a person's head got chopped. I mean their body/brain reaction. So for example if the player's arm (because you can still alive even after losing an arm unless you died because you bleed too much) got cut off, the brain will receive a signal about that right? Then won't your brain sending an automatic distress reaction/signal to your whole body like a lot of sweat, heavy breathing or increased heart rate in this case? Or does the signal can't go outside your brain?

Nemesis16 said:

With Amusphere, it was only equipped with systems that had pain absorbers, so basically every game. But Underworld don't have this, because Underworld is trying to be a simulation for the artificial fluctlights while using the seed. And, the same seed is why other accounts can enter, with the difference that they won't be fluclights as there's no STL and they will see everything as a game, because only the STL can make everything as if it's reality since it goes directly into your fluctlight and uses your memory to form that world.

I understand the rest except the part when you said "With Amusphere, it was only equipped with systems that had pain absorbers.. ", is that confirmed? Because i can't find it yet anywhere so far (except from reading the LN of course).

It's heavy but it's something fun to be discussed to be honest. 😂

No, because the pain that you feel is inside the game/Virtual world. It's not a pain going to your body but being given to you by the system itself as there's nothing blocking the pain. So for example if you lose your arm, you will feel as if you lost, but only there.In the real world, you won't feel anything to your body. It's different than it was in SAO, where there was pain absorbers in the game so you almost didn't feel pain but the Nervegear had a system where you would die if you had it removed and if your avatar died.

For the second point, yes, it's confirmed. Amusphere was created based on the nervegear of SAO. Which is why it had pain absorber and all the other games had it as well, because they were games being sold to the market. But Underworld isn't a game, it's a secret project of a virtual world simulation using the seed as the engine to create that world, so not only they don't need to use pain absorbers but to make it more real, they didn't implement it, to make the fluctlights think that they are living in a real world.
Dec 21, 2019 3:01 PM
Apr 2016
Kuroimi said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I feel like if I tried hard enough I could find logical justification for all of it. Let us see if I do:
1. As already mentioned, they converted him to STL, on a secret experimental military site. It is also easier to keep checking on him when he is in the next room. I do not find this particular "plot hole" as something impossible or illogical, I believe it is not even worth mentioning.

2. It did not seem like too much time passed. It was like 3 minutes in episode's footage between when Rath subsidiary saw and called... but they did so only when the thots showed up their door. Which means it could be something between 10 to 15 minutes after Yui "felt disturbance in the force" (we will try to get to it). Yes, for a major IT company such an interval is questionable, but then again it did not look like the office Rath thought the time change to be an error. They have simply observed a change in the program. Considering this to be, again, a secret military experiment, they might not even understand what is going on.

3-4. This is a hax0r stuff which I am not too knowledgeable about. But from what we have seen it seem Critter, the military company's hacker, used all the tools that came with hijacking mainframe to bypass and circumvent a lot of restrictions and did something that was, frankly, never planned. Like opening the game to mass diving. But again, everyone this episode mentions that Underworld is built on Seed, which made a revolution in the VR gaming as it allowed to connect one character from one Seed-based game to another Seed-based game. Underworld is just a game based on Seed constructor. Except instead of filling it with NPC they added real "souls". It also did not seem like a hard thing, to connect advanced servers to public internet. Critter did not select enough people, he just seems to have spammed whoever was available, and got several dozen thousands to play. Which is a small number for a 300mln America.
5. Yui could have received all this info from inside the military site/from Asuna, as Yui is seemingly freely roaming through her iPhone. While she had heard about the situation from Asuna and co., when Critter started connection to 'Muricans she saw outgoing public connections from that site, and as a super-A.I. got an idea what is going on.

I believe I did not have to try hard, this is all rather trivial and is not nearly a "plot hole", but to explain several points you need to remember the details. Which is hard after these meaningless 8 episodes.
Re:formed
Dec 21, 2019 3:02 PM
Apr 2016
japcrap_ said:
Did this seriously go from an anime about a video game to an anime about the United States Military stealing an artificial intelligence from the Japanese government to make their drones more efficient? SAO was my first anime and has always been one of my favorites despite its glaring plotholes and hogwash writing, but this is just getting ridiculous.

Ahem
"Nationalism is a puny man's solace - only lacking and hollow take pride in being a part of a group, for which they have done nothing to help make it something to be proud of".
Also you, like, failed to understand half the plot of this particular story. Or failed to mention it. Maybe you should have begin with something less mentally-demanding for your first Japanese animation. Regardless, ar revoir.
Re:formed
Dec 21, 2019 3:05 PM

Feb 2016
I haven't felt like that since rem speech in rezero,

Very touching speech, l have repeated it 6 times so far....

10/10 episode

Best SAO season without doubt....
Dec 21, 2019 3:05 PM
Dec 2019
Who was with yue in the end of the episode??
Dec 21, 2019 3:06 PM

Feb 2013
japcrap_ said:
Did this seriously go from an anime about a video game to an anime about the United States Military stealing an artificial intelligence from the Japanese government to make their drones more efficient? SAO was my first anime and has always been one of my favorites despite its glaring plotholes and hogwash writing, but this is just getting ridiculous.

Did you wake up from coma or something? lol Alicization began over one year ago.

And it isn't ridiculous compared to a "video game", because the entire project is using the seed of the very first VRMMORPG to do everything. It's also all the previous arcs coming into one place. There's this some weird impression that SAO is about battles, video games and what not but it was all about the real and virtual life and how the virtual is also real, which ending with an entire project creating a real AI is the culmination of all of that. It's also pretty stupid to say that it's "just a videogame" when the VRMMORPG were always impressive pieces of technology so Project Alicization is just a evolution of that with the medicub and STL and all based on a government project using the seed of the games to create a virtual world and all.
Dec 21, 2019 3:18 PM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, we got more content from the real life outside world this episode. They even showed a bit of New York with the SAO Underworld beta test. Other familiar characters like Yue and Liz are also shown again.

As for the battles in the virtual world, the knights seems to be employing a straightforward strategy to further their movements. Seems more like a buildup episode. The part with the beta test was the most interesting part though.

You are referring to the integrity knights right? Not sure which knights you were referring to.

Anyway, I thought Gabriel's rope plan was some act of madness; because Asuna can change the landscape, I was wondering why Gabriel can't do the same thing since he is a "god."
But I understand the plan now. The real plan is lure all the integrity knights, and Asuna, where they all come out into the open, where they would THINK that Gabriel is desperate in moving his soldiers, then all of Gabriel's "real world players" would log in for a mindless slaughter on Asuna's team; of course, I doubt the American gamerrs are able to see the difference with friend or foe. How many gamers we have in America? America is a big place, I was expecting that the game would have suffered an overpopulation problem when so many American players log in.

Honestly that plan would be PERFECT in the real world. But, for the sake of the story, this anime went for the too unrealistic route by asking many Japanese players in risking their own hard earned game accounts to fight off an army from America. I am an FGO player so I understand the pain when serious players value their game accounts.

On a side note, how bad is it for the American Military to get Alice? I mean, it won't be used for terrorism right? It would be way worse if terrorists get Alice

Not to complain too much but the english was hard to listen to.
greed2Dec 21, 2019 3:29 PM
Dec 21, 2019 3:19 PM

Oct 2019
japcrap_ said:

sao never was an anime about only video games, there are always been things more complex which involved societies with their focus on different kind of technology. Those technologies are always ectremely good, if you think at the medicuboid you can understand it’s something a lot of governments would take.
Dec 21, 2019 3:51 PM

Jun 2016
Can't say I'm not slightly disappointed by the adaptation. Compared to SAO, where A-1 actually went out of their way to restructure some of the novels for a better linear story, Alicization's adaptation is nearly a summarized version of the novels cutting some corners.

My main issues lies mostly with the first 2 cours Alicization. It was battle after battle, with not only disappointing animation and sword locks, it built up almost none of the integrity knights. Now, we're thrown into a war with a diverse cast and multiple pov's from a bunch of characters that's gotten minimal development, without Kirito. On the otherhand, ironically some hot-headed characters like Iskahn and Scheta have gotten incredible expositions over the course of a battle. (lol)

Other than the difficult to bear English, this episode was actually quite good. Byfar one of the more impressive non-action moments in SAO, hard to believe sidelined Liz was at the center of it. Unfortunately, barely anyone including Liz, Klein, Agil, and Eugene have gotten any screentime in the past, so it lost quite a lot of impact for me personally. And some of the flashbacks from s1 felt quite out of place with the art being so vastly different between s1 and Alicization.

Damn, I have quite a few gripes now that I look back at what's written, but it's more of potential improvements and failing to meet high expectations rather than it being a poor adaptation. Though, if anyone hasn't read the novels, I can see why they would fall into an immediate love it or hate it camp.
Dec 21, 2019 4:12 PM

Jul 2017
With all past problems gone (subvertly for plot reasons), here we are at Alicizaton Awakening.

With what seemed like a possibility for the Dark Territory's forces to penerate for saving time, Commander Bernoculi and the other remaining Integrity Knights waged war, first blood.

But all this is at the expense of Victor and his "SDF army" forces who've already penetrated the Ocean Turtle ahead of time, and significantly changed things around while Kikuoka and the others at Rath aren't aware of.

Through Yui, the World Seed given from Kayaba Akihiko to Kirito at the end of Season 1, it's a wonder to see that all that was readied for Alice. The others a.k.a Sinon, Lisbeth and the rest of the SAO team must prepare for the worst, as the time shift to re-enact real time, as well as the entire World Seed ecosystem to prepare for Data Conversion for the Battle of the Underworld, is a huge gamble. But it is a gamble that must be taken, as the infiltration of the entire world is hijacked into the Underworld.

Part 2 coming to an end soon with the next episode before another long wait for the final quarter.
Dec 21, 2019 4:21 PM

May 2018
Kirito: Harem, assemble!
Dec 21, 2019 4:37 PM
Jul 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Wait what? SDF vs US? Where?! Are we watching the same series? "a very gray battle"? SDF and U.S.A. army are a definition of grey. But wait there is more... "compelling VIEWPOINTS"?! The guys are a military! They are either socially worthless or utterly retarded and should be filling prisons or labour camps or are psychopaths. Antagonist, if you have failed to perceive, is a psychopath, and is not going to turn Alice over to U.S. either way..... .... Ooooh I get it. You are upset about U.S. army being portrayed as villainy as it is. Okay then, you almost had me. Just for you, on this special occasion, words of wisdom:

"Nationalism is a puny man's solace - only lacking and hollow take pride in being a part of a group, for which they have done nothing to help make it something to be proud of".

I feel like you’ve just jumped to the conclusion that anybody who disagrees with how brazen and ridiculous the plot has become must automatically be an Eagleland nationalist. Coming from someone who is anything but a nationalist, I agree with Hylianticipated’s viewpoint, because so far, it’s very black and white in it’s portrayals.
Reki Kawahara has been criticized in the past for his fundamental lack of understanding when it comes to the topics he’s writing about, and in the case of Sword Art Online, it’s apparent that he wrote SAO with a relatively limited knowledge on video games, much less MMOs, and gaming communities as a whole. Considering how much video games have changed since SAO was first written, it’s somewhat forgivable, but what isn’t forgivable is the ineptitude in how he handles the believability of his works. His portrayal of video gaming is already laughable, but for a series that relies so heavily on suspension of disbelief, how he handles the subjects of domestic and international politics, espionage, and military operations is so abhorrently unsubtle and clumsy that it’s comparable to the average Call of Duty game, but even those can still leave the suspension of disbelief intact. With how he portrays the foreign characters (American, Chinese, Korean), I’m wondering if he made any attempt at all to make them seem like real, believable people or just went with typical stereotypes and convenient tropes for a faceless, villainous army of foreigners. What’s really the point of involving them? Having read the novel, Kawahara doesn’t even make an attempt to resolve the conflicts he establishes so brazenly. I could go on even more about the inconsistencies and lack of depth in SAO as a whole (don’t even get me started on how he “handles” the issue of Alice).

Also,
Daniel_Naumov said:
I'd join on Japan's side to wreck those gasoline chuggers like for real. Long overdue.

Nice to see you’re so open about your biases. Consider how that might undermine some of your arguments.
Dec 21, 2019 4:47 PM

Sep 2016
Every time I hear a Sakamoto Maaya voiced character talking about death, it feels kinda weird...especially if she uses the same tone of Void... xD

Amazing speech at the end of episode.
It's one of those "you hate it or love it" speech
Die hard fan of SAO? Love
Die hart hater of SAO? Hate
Neither? If you're a huge nerd or otaku in anything, you can relate with it and you'll love it, otherwise it will feel super lame, cringy and nonsensical to you.
Easy.
Just don't say it's bad just because you can't relate or you blindly hate SAO (yet you still watch it xD)
bruh
Dec 21, 2019 4:53 PM

Oct 2019
FullyCharged said:
Every time I hear a Sakamoto Maaya voiced character talking about death, it feels kinda weird...especially if she uses the same tone of Void... xD

Neither? If you're a huge nerd or otaku in anything, you can relate with it and you'll love it, otherwise it will feel super lame, cringy and nonsensical to you.
Easy.
Just don't say it's bad just because you can't relate or you blindly hate SAO (yet you still watch it xD)

What is sure is that the haters of sao will watch every single episode because they need to watch it lol
I’ve always found hilarious this thing from when I heard that from one of that called ‘haters’ haha
Dec 21, 2019 4:58 PM
Jan 2017
Liz speech a high stakes, they did the awesome job together with her VA, fabulous !
30k americans with bloodlust against -7k humans, the first plot twist we can wait guys.

now the only thing i miss is the monologue about Yui's tears, i know Alice its a top IA buuuuut what Yui discover and did no, no no no she are the best IA for me.

And its me or they just ignored the mistake did in ALO scenes episodes ago ? I'm glad I was relieved.
Next week prepare your eyes to arrive of old fighters and new 'ray of light' <3

Dec 21, 2019 5:01 PM
Jul 2016
FullyCharged said:

Easy.

I actually really like Alicization. I feel it’s the best the series has ever been, but since it’s SAO it still has a lot of issues. To it’s credit, however, it solved a lot of the issues I had with the original two seasons. The direction they took Kirito and his connection with Eugeo and Alice were very compelling and redeemed him considerably as the protagonist in my mind (at least until the conclusion of the arc). I secretly like SAO despite it’s faults, though I’d never admit it ;^)
Dec 21, 2019 5:01 PM
Dec 2019
I just really love it when anime characters dish out speeches. It's always emotional and I always feel like crying... Unless I'm watching it with someone else, in which case I'm like "Dude, that was so stupid"
Dec 21, 2019 5:22 PM
Dec 2019
Underworld battle royale begins. I like this episode.
Dec 21, 2019 5:23 PM

Apr 2015
Lizbeth's speech was great, this girl got her time to shine after so many years!

This is turning into a proper war now!

Pretty great episode, eventho it was more buildup than I had expected!
Dec 21, 2019 5:23 PM

Aug 2016
Nice episode. Too much nonsense but finally made sense.

All the best people are crazy!
Dec 21, 2019 5:26 PM

Oct 2018
final battle is coming.........

it will be all like sao season 1 ....... ^_^
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Dec 21, 2019 6:12 PM

Feb 2013
KuuhakuDesu said:
What the fuck did I just watch?
I'm genuinely impressed by the sheer amount of bullshit they were able to cram into a single episode. Way to go, SAO.

This doesn't make sense at all. Isn't the Soul Translator needed to be able to enter Underworld?
If that's so, did Rath really had an infrasctructure set up to accomodate tens of thousands of players like any other Seed-based VRMMORPG? 'Cause I can't beleive the attackers set up all that shit so quickly.

I gotta say though, Reki Kawahara must love the fact that he created Yui, so he can bend and retcon the shit out of the plot whenever he needs.
Lizbeth's speech was nice, at least up to the point were, out of nowhere, they jst started throwing in that not only SAO survivors, but VRMMORPG players as a whole suffered from prejudice in their society. Like, what?
Also, guilt tripping people into helping them and make them ignore so many risks is great, right?

Ugh... I've already lost all hope with the rest of this arc.

I explained that on the same page but here's it again:

The Dive machine by Rath is only needed if you want the full immersion and for the healing process via Fluctlights. Since the Underworld was basically built on top of the Seed Engine used by the Original SAO and countless VR games, it makes sense that it can be rigged to accept accounts from other Seed games, though not on the same level of functionality or immersiveness as the dive machines that Kirito and Asuna are using right now. As an example, since the Americans are using their amusphere it means that the underworld to them just looks like a normal vr world (so a game) and not super realistic like how Kirito and Asuna see it, as both of them are using STL instead which makes you think that this looks like reality instead of a video game like the other VRMMORPG.

Another thing is the difference of STL and Amusphere. Rath Dive Machine STL allows you to sync with the Underworld directly. Basically, your brain/soul is translated into a Fluctlight so that it could experience things just as the Fluctlights in the Underworld do. This means that things like the time acceleration and that System Call Generation system and Incarnation system are usable by those in the STL. Normal VR Dive machines can't do this.
Also, they would not experience the massive desync issues when the Underworld is accelerated. That's why this episode was also partly focused on having the Underworld and the Real World's time be on sync. Any deviation from the normal time would introduce massive lag to non-STL dive machines and would eject their users once the time starts accelerating as the Amusphere isn't capable to do that on that speed of time of UW, only the STL. Which is why they had to make Underworld and Real world have the same timeframe, to make all the ones without stl to be able to enter.
brzzcodeDec 21, 2019 6:16 PM
Dec 21, 2019 6:14 PM

May 2019
Alvaritoterreos said:
The writer went crayz af and remembered that Liz exists lmao

That was just the only relevant thing Lizbeth did since her episode in the Aincrad first arc.

And that was not a little thing, since she pretty much sumarized all what SAO story is about.

-------

My pure spoiler-innocent guesses:

- Since SAO remember us ALL THE TIME that SAO is about REAL LIFE in virtual "game-mmo" world, the braindead Kirito possible will lost his phisycal body and become a 100% virtual existence. Are you prepared to accept this?

- Bercouli is the avatar of the father of that Singer girl from Ordinal Scale. Bercouli being the oldest living person, the "mole" who made Quinella learns the code, the weird flashback, the return of Eiji at this point, everything matches.
Rob7Dec 21, 2019 6:19 PM
Dec 21, 2019 6:33 PM

Feb 2008
Call me old, but I really didn't like Liz speech at all. Too long and too boring to be honest. It's a bunch of pixels anyway.

I still don't know how that speech is gonna make the ALO players switch to the underworld just like that. Didn't even convince me. Anyways, I have enjoyed this season a lot even if I started it on monday. It's always great to see Alice on camera.

Hoping for a great ending next saturday. Love both OP and ED as well.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Dec 21, 2019 6:54 PM

May 2019
She just had to convince the guild leaders.

Their CGIlized followers don't even have a face, what to say about free will.
Dec 21, 2019 6:58 PM
Oct 2018
American stereotypes... smh
Dec 21, 2019 7:05 PM

Mar 2014
Lisbeth: There is no pain absorber, so if you die in the game, you'll feel like dying
Everyone: *inaudible*

Lisbeth: And, if you convert your data, your chara might be lost
Everyone: *loses their minds*
Lel

Don't get me wrong, it's a good episode to hype up the final. Can't wait for next week!
Dec 21, 2019 7:28 PM

Oct 2019
I made goosebumps
Dec 21, 2019 7:52 PM

Apr 2010
zeroj said:
I still don't know how that speech is gonna make the ALO players switch to the underworld just like that. Didn't even convince me.

It doesn't convince a lot of people in that crowd either. Something like over 80% of the audience just fucks off and walks away after that.
Dec 21, 2019 8:00 PM
Oct 2014
Uh...didn't people have to use STL to enter Underworld?
Like Underworld is only compatible with STL.
So how did those VRMMO players enter Underworld with their Commercial FullDive Console I didn't get it.
Dec 21, 2019 8:23 PM

May 2014
This episode was a blast.
More harem shit, more nonsensical explanations and more asspulls.

The holy trinity all in one.
Dec 21, 2019 9:06 PM

Nov 2008
DAAAAAMN. o_o

Go Liz. It makes sense she was chosen; Silica probably isn't aggressive enough in front of a crowd and Leafa didn't play the original SAO so she couldn't get quite as upset.

Omg YUNA AND EIJI ARE HERE TOO? AWESOME I LOVE THEM.

Gaff said:
Lisbeth: There is no pain absorber, so if you die in the game, you'll feel like dying
Everyone: *inaudible*

Lisbeth: And, if you convert your data, your chara might be lost
Everyone: *loses their minds*
Lel

I also grinned at this because gamers in reality
ChiibiDec 21, 2019 9:10 PM

Dec 21, 2019 9:12 PM

Feb 2014
Lizbeth finally got her time to shine... It took long though. This was the only time she became relevant after the Aincrad arc.

Dec 21, 2019 9:23 PM
Oct 2019
My hand suddenly cutting onions after lisbeth's speech
Dec 21, 2019 9:27 PM
Dec 2019
So I see a lot of people asking who the guy and the fairy are at the end, and everyone is saying it's Eiji and Yuna. My question is, where are you guys getting that info? I didn't read the LN but I was under the impression that they weren't canon to it, but I did know that the movie is canon to the anime. So those two being Eiji and Yuna, I get and I'm down for, but I would just like some clarification on how we know this to be true.
Dec 21, 2019 9:37 PM

Feb 2013
KuuhakuDesu said:
Nemesis16 said:

I explained that on the same page but here's it again:

The Dive machine by Rath is only needed if you want the full immersion and for the healing process via Fluctlights. Since the Underworld was basically built on top of the Seed Engine used by the Original SAO and countless VR games, it makes sense that it can be rigged to accept accounts from other Seed games, though not on the same level of functionality or immersiveness as the dive machines that Kirito and Asuna are using right now. As an example, since the Americans are using their amusphere it means that the underworld to them just looks like a normal vr world (so a game) and not super realistic like how Kirito and Asuna see it, as both of them are using STL instead which makes you think that this looks like reality instead of a video game like the other VRMMORPG.

Another thing is the difference of STL and Amusphere. Rath Dive Machine STL allows you to sync with the Underworld directly. Basically, your brain/soul is translated into a Fluctlight so that it could experience things just as the Fluctlights in the Underworld do. This means that things like the time acceleration and that System Call Generation system and Incarnation system are usable by those in the STL. Normal VR Dive machines can't do this.
Also, they would not experience the massive desync issues when the Underworld is accelerated. That's why this episode was also partly focused on having the Underworld and the Real World's time be on sync. Any deviation from the normal time would introduce massive lag to non-STL dive machines and would eject their users once the time starts accelerating as the Amusphere isn't capable to do that on that speed of time of UW, only the STL. Which is why they had to make Underworld and Real world have the same timeframe, to make all the ones without stl to be able to enter.

I read what you wrote before and also took a triip to the wiki, since I didn't read the LN.
It does make sense, although I hardly remember if the explanation given for the STL in the anime. My understanding about it and how it works was (or still is) limited, I gotta admit. Reki Kawahara, you're safe this time (kind of).
But it doesn't make it less confusing when they just throw it at you like they did, at least for anime-only.

I'm still curious about how Rath has an infrastructure to support that many concurrent players, since the Alicization project was know by very few people and possibly with no plans on expading for massive access (not that it couldn't, but why would it?).
But Yui's bullshit is still up. Her knowledge and capabilities seem all too convenient, even if she's an AI from the original Cardinal system. She's literally a hack.

Most of what I said was explained on the anime on the first episodes, but it was on the beginning of last season so that's probably why most people don't remember it. But I put more details as well since I have the information about the LN, which unfortunately, the anime don't do a good job many times to convey all the relevant information (which is why I began to read the LN after the first season of Alicization, as I saw that there was much more and some information was lacking, including characterization, worldbuilding and other details)

And Rath can use all of this because they are using a supercomputer in their base to be able to do all of this process for the Fluctlights on the cluster, the STL and all the process of Underworld.
Dannny said:
This episode was a blast.
More harem shit, more nonsensical explanations and more asspulls.

The holy trinity all in one.

I don't know what episode you saw if that's your thinking.

madmonkskillz said:
So I see a lot of people asking who the guy and the fairy are at the end, and everyone is saying it's Eiji and Yuna. My question is, where are you guys getting that info? I didn't read the LN but I was under the impression that they weren't canon to it, but I did know that the movie is canon to the anime. So those two being Eiji and Yuna, I get and I'm down for, but I would just like some clarification on how we know this to be true.

The movie is canon and it's between Mother Rosario and Alicization. It's being incorporated into the anime in Alicization but it wasn't on the original source since the movie was launched like 10 years after Alicization began lol
Dec 21, 2019 9:45 PM

Dec 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:

Hylianticipated said:

Lol this. The story and antagonist of this season is so retarded it hurts. "Oh no! Help! The Americans! REEEEE!" It's so annoying. The same story would have been much more compelling if they didn't make the SDF vs US military so black and white and instead made it a very gray battle with equally compelling viewpoints, and these kids just got tangled up in it. And yeah, that ED is amazing and that speech was corny as hell.

Wait what? SDF vs US? Where?! Are we watching the same series? "a very gray battle"? SDF and U.S.A. army are a definition of grey. But wait there is more... "compelling VIEWPOINTS"?! The guys are a military! They are either socially worthless or utterly retarded and should be filling prisons or labour camps or are psychopaths. Antagonist, if you have failed to perceive, is a psychopath, and is not going to turn Alice over to U.S. either way..... .... Ooooh I get it. You are upset about U.S. army being portrayed as villainy as it is. Okay then, you almost had me. Just for you, on this special occasion, words of wisdom:

Are you kidding or are you just genuinely retarded? You know nothing of good writing if you are defending this shit. The entire problem IS that they have to make every antagonist a psychopath because they can't write a compelling narrative that actually draws in the reader/watcher. All of the current and past antagonists are just brainless villains with no motives whatsoever aside from being evil, leaving nothing but a bland reason to fight. "Oh no, mr baddie has appeared! Yay, Kirito and friends will save the day!! Such friendship and love! They can do it!" The whole scenario and the series as a whole is ridiculous, unrealistic, filled with plot holes, and is perpetually lacking self-awareness. It's stupid and childish, and so are you.
Dec 21, 2019 9:46 PM

Feb 2013
Hylianticipated said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Are you kidding or are you just genuinely retarded? You know nothing of good writing if you are defending this shit. The entire problem IS that they have to make every antagonist a psychopath because they can't write a compelling narrative that actually draws in the reader/watcher. All of the current and past antagonists are just brainless villains with no motives whatsoever aside from being evil, leaving nothing but a bland reason to fight. "Oh no, mr baddie has appeared! Yay, Kirito and friends will save the day!! Such friendship and love! They can do it!" The whole scenario and the series as a whole is ridiculous, unrealistic, filled with plot holes, and is perpetually lacking self-awareness. It's stupid and childish, and so are you.

And yet you are here after 70 episodes watching this anime that you clearly hate instead of dropping it. Amazing. Boggles my mind how people like you exists on this community and that loves to lose their time with such things instead of using your time with things you like. But no, let's see over 70 episodes for a thing that you clearly hate since the beginning. Like I said, amazing that such a comportment exists, makes me wonder if people like you are a masochist.

Regardless, of course you won't understand anything and think there's plot holes when all the information is on the original material as the anime loves to cut down important information that creates plot holes like in last season when they cut down the development of Eugeo and his family.
brzzcodeDec 21, 2019 9:51 PM
Dec 21, 2019 10:04 PM

Dec 2015
Nemesis16 said:
Hylianticipated said:

And yet you are here after 70 episodes watching this anime that you clearly hate instead of dropping it. Amazing. Boggles my mind how people like you exists on this community and that loves to lose their time with such things instead of using your time with things you like. But no, let's see over 70 episodes for a thing that you clearly hate since the beginning. Like I said, amazing that such a comportment exists, makes me wonder if people like you are a masochist.

Regardless, of course you won't understand anything and think there's plot holes when all the information is on the original material as the anime loves to cut down important information that creates plot holes like in last season when they cut down the development of Eugeo and his family.

People like you are the worst. "If you don't like it then why are you here?" Shut the fuck up. Just because someone has valid criticisms of a show/series with objective flaws doesn't mean they hate the entire thing. Not everyone is a blind sycophant like you who will defend every aspect of your favorite manga/anime regardless of its problems. You're the same kind of person that gets offended when people DO drop an anime after a single issue. If everyone followed your advice and dropped every anime, manga, movie, show, game, etc. after a single thing they didn't like, big or small, then nobody would be critical of entertainment and it would stagnate.

It boggles MY mind how people like YOU still exist. I can't criticize any anime without one of you damage-control freaks telling me to just leave if I don't like it and that I must be a "masochist" to continue watching. I'm not a masochist, I just don't ignore flaws when I see them. You should try it sometime.
Dec 21, 2019 10:04 PM

Sep 2019
Great speech, great hype, not so cheap twist and thrill

And, great eps.

I've always wondering how do other players really think about SAO survivors, and there we go...

Gabriel is no more a human (I wish I had known this earlier)

But still, there are a few details that it should have done more properly....

Can't wait until next week.

Hikari. Sounds promising.
Dec 21, 2019 10:27 PM

Jan 2013
as much as i enjoyed seeing the friends again, i completely zoned out on Lisbeth's speech when it was obvious at the end anyway
Dec 21, 2019 10:31 PM

Feb 2013
Hylianticipated said:
Nemesis16 said:

People like you are the worst. "If you don't like it then why are you here?" Shut the fuck up. Just because someone has valid criticisms of a show/series with objective flaws doesn't mean they hate the entire thing. Not everyone is a blind sycophant like you who will defend every aspect of your favorite manga/anime regardless of its problems. You're the same kind of person that gets offended when people DO drop an anime after a single issue. If everyone followed your advice and dropped every anime, manga, movie, show, game, etc. after a single thing they didn't like, big or small, then nobody would be critical of entertainment and it would stagnate.

It boggles MY mind how people like YOU still exist. I can't criticize any anime without one of you damage-control freaks telling me to just leave if I don't like it and that I must be a "masochist" to continue watching. I'm not a masochist, I just don't ignore flaws when I see them. You should try it sometime.

Huh, the girl is really angry, scray, even put out things on profile. :) Btw, none of what you said is a "objective flaw or problem", everything has an explanation and I said it with the information of the own anime and others from the original material. Not my fault if you can't remember things or didn't take your time to look if many of those things didn't appear before.

Also, I love how I'm the "psychopathic" fanboy here when I hate Fairy Dance and only find Aincrad and Phantom Bullet fine. And of course, you made it private now but you gave bigger scores for many seasons of SAO compared to me, like the first one which I gave 6. lmao Really shows how I am a "fanboy" when I pretty much only really like arcs like Alicization and Mother Rosario, which the first one much more due to the Light Novel content than the anime itself.
Dec 21, 2019 10:41 PM

Dec 2015
Nemesis16 said:
Hylianticipated said:

Huh, the girl is really angry, scray, even put out things on profile. :) Btw, none of what you said is a "objective flaw or problem", everything has an explanation and I said it with the information of the own anime and others from the original material. Not my fault if you can't remember things or didn't take your time to look if many of those things didn't appear before.

Also, I love how I'm the "psychopathic" fanboy here when I hate Fairy Dance and only find Aincrad and Phantom Bullet fine. And of course, you made it private now but you gave bigger scores for many seasons of SAO compared to me, like the first one which I gave 6. lmao Really shows how I am a "fanboy" when I pretty much only really like arcs like Alicization and Mother Rosario, which the first one much more due to the Light Novel content than the anime itself.

I said sycophantic not psychopathic. Learn to read, they are very different words. Speaking of illiterate, if you're stalking my profile you should know that I'm a dude. And congrats, you're just proving my point that I can like a series and still criticize it when it is being retarded. And yes, people like you don't deserve an opinion when you say shit like that. I've felt that way for a long while, you're just the latest brainlet to inspire me to write about it on my account since I'm currently logged in. You're welcome, stalker princess.
Dec 21, 2019 10:44 PM

Nov 2008
Just because someone has valid criticisms of a show/series with objective flaws doesn't mean they hate the entire thing.

@Hylianticipated

Er...not to start anything but when one says "the series as a whole is stupid and childish", it does sound like you hate the entire thing.

If you don't, that sentence is a tad misleading.

Dec 21, 2019 10:50 PM

Nov 2014
That was some real cringe-worthy speech by Lizbeth right there.
Dec 21, 2019 10:52 PM

Dec 2015
Chiibi said:
Just because someone has valid criticisms of a show/series with objective flaws doesn't mean they hate the entire thing.

@Hylianticipated

Er...not to start anything but when one says "the series as a whole is stupid and childish", it does sound like you hate the entire thing.

If you don't, that sentence is a tad misleading.

It was said in the context of their antagonists through the entire series. Even the seasons I liked they were stupid and childish with how they wrote the story, particularly the villains. I say all the time that SAO and other anime are genuinely not very good from a narrative and character standpoint, but they are fun and easy to watch so I enjoy them regardless of their flaws. Besides, ever heard of "it's so bad it's good"? SAO isn't quite that level of bad, but it's not misleading to say you like something that is dumb.
Dec 21, 2019 10:58 PM

Nov 2008
Hylianticipated said:

It was said in the context of their antagonists through the entire series.

Oh ok.

sure, this season's Choujin Koukousei-tachi is really stupid trash and I love it lmao

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.