Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 22, 2019 4:34 AM

Oct 2019
ndgnuh said:
Famegher said:

What is sure is that the haters of sao will watch every single episode because they need to watch it lol
I’ve always found hilarious this thing from when I heard that from one of that called ‘haters’ haha

Haters ≠ people who dislike.

Hating something when you doesn't know about is blind hating, right? So we watch every single episode so we can reasonably hate it. You guys love the show with a passion, haters hate the show with a passion, people who dislike would not probably be here since they've probably dumped the show since fairy dance or something like that.

Edit: Also, the last two episodes were craps. I hoped the show would change, but everything came back to being a harem sh*t storm after Asuna login. I'm not saying that the show is not enjoyable, I enjoy hating it...

Another account created just today. What you say is just hilarious, what a waste of time to watch something only to hate it, I can' believe that.
Dec 22, 2019 5:59 AM

Jul 2015
For a moment, I really thought the story was about Alice moving into another sector for safe extraction of its core. At least that should be the main objective of the two parties involved.

I'm not sure how throwing thousands of players in, killing each other, would help, other than make it easy for Alice to be killed in the middle of a battle. You can't control real players and their actions.

The speech was cringeworthy, but it's just a consequence of a bad decision of the author. If the author really wanted to have the old Kirito party in the Underworld, it would be much better to just create a few accounts for them.

Dec 22, 2019 6:28 AM

Feb 2014
The Engrish dialogues.....half of them were utter crap, like the one guy who pronounced "restrictions" as "reSTRACTions", but the other half was the classic case of so bad, it's good, especially to the guy who wanted to sign up for the beta enthusiastically. XD

It seems that Lisbeth's speech has that Marmite effect. You either love it or hate. I hate Marmite, mind you, but I did like Lisbeth's speech as a whole. We haven't seen her doing anything too important to the plot for a long time, but seeing her on the stage, doing her best to convince the ALO player that gathered to data convert their character into the Underworld was passionate.

It has its risks, and some of the crowd did show some hostility and disapproval to Lisbeth's idea as well. It's understandable that the sentimental value of the long hours put into one character save means more than helping out Lisbeth and the others, but after a few retards in the audience angrily heckled Lisbeth and her friends for being SAO survivors, she went into a well-worded talk about what she and the others do with their daily lives after they got out of SAO and that it isn't all as rosy and free as some would think it would be. After that, she and the others bowed to the audience to showcase how much they need their help. It was a decently powerful part of the episode. =)

Plus, the two characters shown at the end must've been Yuna and Eiji from the Ordinal Scale movie. I'm really looking forward to seeing them again. =D
Dec 22, 2019 6:44 AM

Dec 2009
Liz's speech was pure truth to me. Virtual life is tied with your real life. There is no virtual friends, they are just friends.

Lelouch0202 said:

The whole Data Conversion thing was also overly plot convenient, the data is probably backed up.

This is not the first show in this week that uses the "there is no backup" flag to add dramacity to the plot.

The first on was on a galaxy far, far away. If you know what I mean.
PauloDDDDec 22, 2019 6:57 AM
Dec 22, 2019 7:11 AM

Apr 2013
Oh episode ending smirk, how i've missed you.
Dec 22, 2019 7:30 AM
Jan 2019
It's starting to get bad, i knew it XD
Dec 22, 2019 7:56 AM

Nov 2009
Guifnogueira said:
worst episode for me

yeah, i think so...
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Dec 22, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2013
I can't believe novel readers praised this story so much, and I can't believe someone approved this hack.

- No, you must be a dumbass military officer to even dare connecting your military network with the internet.
- Even if you managed to get a connection to the internet, you have no fucking way to handle thousands of users on a single cable network.
- Even assuming "hurr durr it has an exabyte network" someone outside the plan can just cut off the network.
- I haven't even talk about bandwith, the "physical" latency, compatibility, network speed, throughput, and many more.
Dec 22, 2019 8:41 AM
Jul 2014
This thread in a nutshell: People speedwatching through exposistion are now complaining about easily explainable "plotholes".

A tale as old as time.
Dec 22, 2019 8:41 AM

Jan 2018
I have this burning question that needs to be answered... I mean the goal of rath is to create the "perfect" ai. and to create that, they made the underworld. but if they're looking for an ai... WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST USE YUI AS A TEST SUBJECT like. her origin was she was created as a virtual artificial intelligence on sao (but she may be created using a deceased child from the creator I dunno and I forgot).

please answer me im confusion.

side note: I am in awe on how they portrayed on how some contries like the usa to use artificial intelligence for military activities, it's very realistic on how they said they're gonna make alice control a fucking plane for war all on her own.
Dec 22, 2019 8:45 AM
Jul 2014
KlinyKlinn said:
I have this burning question that needs to be answered... I mean the goal of rath is to create the "perfect" ai. and to create that, they made the underworld. but if they're looking for an ai... WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST USE YUI AS A TEST SUBJECT like. her origin was she was created as a virtual artificial intelligence on sao (but she may be created using a deceased child from the creator I dunno and I forgot).

side note: I am in awe on how they portrayed on how some contries like the usa to use artificial intelligence for military activities, it's very realistic on how they said they're gonna make alice control a fucking plane for war all on her own.

Yui is a top-down AI and not a bottom-up like the fluctlights. She's smart but nowhere near as adaptable as a bottom-up Fluctlight. Look at it like this. Yui can learn and expand her database, but she'll always be a child. Where as the fluctlights like Alice grow up naturally with their own set of morals, personalities etc.

I hope that explains it.
Dec 22, 2019 8:45 AM

Oct 2012
Maybe spoiler.
If this guy is
Dec 22, 2019 9:01 AM

Jan 2018
Siglius said:

Yui is a top-down AI and not a bottom-up like the fluctlights. She's smart but nowhere near as adaptable as a bottom-up Fluctlight. Look at it like this. Yui can learn and expand her database, but she'll always be a child. Where as the fluctlights like Alice grow up naturally with their own set of morals, personalities etc.

I hope that explains it.

counter arguement: if yui wasn't created from a deceased child, how did her personality was formed? and yeah your point in how fluctlights can grow up with their own sets of morals and personalities, isn't Yui the same? even if her body doesn't age physically, her literally just existing and being around with people can change her personality and morals and age "mentally" as per say.

as I say, I still have a lot of questions but thank you very much for answering me

have a nice day/night
Dec 22, 2019 9:06 AM
Jul 2014
Gethemalot said:
I can't believe novel readers praised this story so much, and I can't believe someone approved this hack.

- No, you must be a dumbass military officer to even dare connecting your military network with the internet.
- Even if you managed to get a connection to the internet, you have no fucking way to handle thousands of users on a single cable network.
- Even assuming "hurr durr it has an exabyte network" someone outside the plan can just cut off the network.
- I haven't even talk about bandwith, the "physical" latency, compatibility, network speed, throughput, and many more.

- Why? The hacker is the one who opened their closed-off network to the entire internet. Which he was able to do cause he literally had ascess to the main control room.

- Point 2, 3 and 4

This is a sci-fi show about seamless VR tech that stops your motor functions and human souls. Is technical limitations really the hill you wanna die on? Is it really so hard to pretend latency isn't an issue?
Dec 22, 2019 9:18 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Having Lisbeth's speech go along the ED was a nice touch. I can't wait for the final episode next week.
Dec 22, 2019 9:24 AM

May 2018
Whoa, did that Rath Guy just open up Underworld so that allota gamer can join in the chaos ?????

All that drama just for an virtual world simulation???? Geeezzz
Dec 22, 2019 9:25 AM

Jan 2013
Just saw the stupidest thing ever on an anime....a rope bridge...A ROPE BRIDGE..holyshit this why imperial Japan got dipped on.

"THE VIORENCE!"
Dec 22, 2019 9:25 AM

Apr 2018
KlinyKlinn said:
Siglius said:

I hope that explains it.

counter arguement: if yui wasn't created from a deceased child, how did her personality was formed? and yeah your point in how fluctlights can grow up with their own sets of morals and personalities, isn't Yui the same? even if her body doesn't age physically, her literally just existing and being around with people can change her personality and morals and age "mentally" as per say.

as I say, I still have a lot of questions but thank you very much for answering me

have a nice day/night

NOOOOOOO daaammit, the deceased child was Yuna not Yui*palmface*
Ans how is Yui capable of cry and show emotions is because she imitates other people's behaviour, she can't show emotions of her own....
Dec 22, 2019 9:27 AM

Apr 2018
Vooo said:
Just saw the stupidest thing ever on an anime....a rope bridge...A ROPE BRIDGE..holyshit this why imperial Japan got dipped on.

"THE VIORENCE!"

So...uhh...what could you suggest in such a desperate situation with no time to plan anything bettter and with limited resources?
Dec 22, 2019 9:36 AM

Nov 2013
Siglius said:

- Why? The hacker is the one who opened their closed-off network to the entire internet. Which he was able to do cause he literally had ascess to the main control room.

- Point 2, 3 and 4

This is a sci-fi show about seamless VR tech that stops your motor functions and human souls. Is technical limitations really the hill you wanna die on? Is it really so hard to pretend latency isn't an issue?

- Ever heard of Intranet? I don't think the author ever heard one before either.
- Even sci-fi writers knows where to draw their line between believable science ( NerveGear and fluctlights ) and just batshit bullcrap ( connecting everyone on a single network with a virtually-incompatible AmuSphere? "AI rights"? AI fucking rights? are we going back to Tezuka's dystopian dream again?

Besides, this isn't even a sci-fi show. It's a fucking 'Fantasy, Romance, Action, Adventure, and game' show and you just disrespect sci-fi fans for that.
Dec 22, 2019 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
EoTonotZeroTwo said:
Vooo said:

"THE VIORENCE!"

So...uhh...what could you suggest in such a desperate situation with no time to plan anything bettter and with limited resources?

I was going to point that out as well. It's not like they brought supplies to build a sturdy bridge lol
ChiibiDec 22, 2019 6:16 PM

Dec 22, 2019 10:25 AM

Oct 2019
Gethemalot said:
Siglius said:

- Point 2, 3 and 4

- Ever heard of Intranet? I don't think the author ever heard one before either.
- Even sci-fi writers knows where to draw their line between believable science ( NerveGear and fluctlights ) and just batshit bullcrap ( connecting everyone on a single network with a virtually-incompatible AmuSphere? "AI rights"? AI fucking rights? are we going back to Tezuka's dystopian dream again?

Besides, this isn't even a sci-fi show. It's a fucking 'Fantasy, Romance, Action, Adventure, and game' show and you just disrespect sci-fi fans for that.

What you said seems pretty stupid to me, it’s sci-fi, so he can let be technology whatever he like to be. It’s sci-fi for a reason and it’s a futuristic sci-fi for more reasons. The show disrespect sci-fi fan? It’s your thing, I’m a big sci-fi fun and I like it, so nothing disrespectful there is here.
Dec 22, 2019 10:31 AM
Dec 2016
Damn, this episode was really moving. Glad to see Kirito seemingly getting better. The speech at the end was so moving(+_+). Can't wait for last episode abd hate them for holding last part 2 till April:-( Honestly this should have gotten a score of 8 or higher. This is definitely underrated.
Dec 22, 2019 10:37 AM
Jul 2017
so how long until Jesus-kun wakes up? His napping days quota is far past empty at this point
Dec 22, 2019 11:04 AM

Aug 2018
Was a pretty okay episode, not much of action going on. Looks like the next episode is going to be epic. Also why the hell is Kirito still in a vegetative/comatose state? It's been like 11 episodes, hahaha.

Dec 22, 2019 11:35 AM

Nov 2017
There is a lot of revelation!

Lisbeth's speech is pretty sad.
Dec 22, 2019 1:06 PM

Aug 2017
As always, SAO never disappoints me. Lisbeth's speech stole the episode's attention for me.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 22, 2019 1:23 PM
Feb 2017
Probably one of the Worst episodes this season. I’ve never liked Kirito’s cult, so more screen time for them means worse entertainment. Alicization P1 is SAO’s peak.
MegaStrideDec 22, 2019 1:28 PM
Dec 22, 2019 2:16 PM

Jan 2015
Dudi4PoLFr said:
That was soooooo bad... One of the worst SAO episodes ever.

Hey guys let's save some people lives and maybe save the world from WW3 but you will MAYBE lose your virtual game characters in this and feel some pain.

Yeah no, fuck you and fuck Earth! I won't grind again! My lvl 100 character is more important!

Also Underworld is based on the STL stimulation so how gamers from outside will be able to connect with standard VRMMORPG hardware?

And I don't know, why not call the fucking ARMY (JSDF) because they are at the verge of WW3? But nooooo let's send 2 JK into a world simulation to save the real planet..........

This saison was very good until the ep10, now we are getting the same issues/crappy story as in SAO 1, 2 and OS.

Couldn't have said it better
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Dec 22, 2019 2:21 PM

Jan 2015
Liz's whole speech was so cringy I'll use it now instead of my medication to relive myself from depression.
The bitch doesn't even care what happens to the world, she just be like
"So guys there's this one dude whose dick I want so blah blah blah blah blah, -insert some random cheap tearjerker moment- help me hear will ya or some other bitch will get his D"
Alicilization when it still had Eugeo in it was the best SAO could ever be and that was a 4/10, I guess..
Dec 22, 2019 3:16 PM
Aug 2019
I'm not really sure why, but ever since Ordinal Scale, I've found the supporting characters to be pretty annoying. the speech at the end was also very cliche in my opinion. Overall I think this is the worst episode of the season but it wasn't bad. Just not great.
Dec 22, 2019 4:11 PM

Nov 2008
Troll12345678966 said:
so how long until Jesus-kun wakes up? His napping days quota is far past empty at this point

Stop calling Kirito 'Jesus'. It's stupid; he's never walked on water or resurrected the dead, or died for our sins. He's just a kid prodigy who's good at video games. I think he's more believable as a character than Senku, actually.

@StellarIceberg

Lol, don't act retarded; of course Liz cares about the world and she gave up on Kirito AGES ago and 100% supports him and Asuna.

Dec 22, 2019 5:07 PM
Sep 2018
KlinyKlinn said:

the idea of the alicization project was to create an ai no different from a human mind there are two disiplines when creating ai top down(yui) and bottom up (alice) top down ai dont have the capability to be creative with how they use what they know while bottom up ai are effectivly human in how they can adapt and use what they know
Dec 22, 2019 5:16 PM
Jun 2017
Ohh no the US invaders are at the underworld. Im so excited for this one
Dec 22, 2019 5:22 PM
May 2018
Ten points/10 for Liz's speech;
That was really nice, I've got chills... I'd honestly like to see more scenes like that;
Hoping that they will show who's the Person in purple of that frame before the end...
Will we ever know it? Yeah mby, or atleast I hope we will <.<
Dec 22, 2019 5:44 PM

Mar 2013
Dudi4PoLFr said:

Hey guys let's save some people lives and maybe save the world from WW3 but you will MAYBE lose your virtual game characters in this and feel some pain.

Yeah no, fuck you and fuck Earth! I won't grind again! My lvl 100 character is more important!

Also Underworld is based on the STL stimulation so how gamers from outside will be able to connect with standard VRMMORPG hardware?

And I don't know, why not call the fucking ARMY (JSDF) because they are at the verge of WW3? But nooooo let's send 2 JK into a world simulation to save the real planet..........

This saison was very good until the ep10, now we are getting the same issues/crappy story as in SAO 1, 2 and OS.

I need to correct you on one thing. Underworld is based on Kayaba's SEED. So it's open-source. STL is more akin to NerveGear/ Amusphere

Underworld = Software
STL = Hardware

Also, remember the JSDF is being bribed/blackmailed to take no action for like 24-48hrs (I forget exactly how long) That's why the escort ship left the Sea Turtle.
Dec 22, 2019 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
What the hell? I’ve been really enjoying the Alicization Arc but wtf. Seriously like putting all these other people into the world just doesn’t make sense it’s really annoying. I don’t know if anybody understands what I’m getting at but man this is ass that they would do something like this. I’ve been enjoying this season all for them to screw it in the end.
Dec 22, 2019 8:43 PM

Feb 2013
rsc-pl said:
Did I miss something? I know it's a plot device, but how the heck can anybody from outside connect to their network?
There's no way that thier system wasn't operating on isolated network. And if I remember correctly, core settings couldn't be changed from control room, because they were cut off.

Luthandorius said:
Most of the time this season was better than the previous season (and first hafl of Alicization). Almost on par with the first halves of season 1 and 2 - which were the best parts of SAO.

Despite being a bit insane (which usually is annoying unless used for comedy like with the nobles in first half) Vecta is nice. Especially because of his voice actor.

What I didn't like was the harem in last episode and the "bitch wars" between Asuna and Alice. Alice is soo much better. Now they want to have the sister (annoying as well) and Sinon (she is nice) join too ...

And the writing seems a bit bad at this point. Just as if the author suddenly had gotten the idea to send in some other chars and made something up with the time synchro stuff and the convertion of chars. Seems pretty easy to do this ... and the hacker of the intruders can just have the us players join and connect without problems. At the same time he can't just extract Alice without having to be ingame.

Very convenient for the plot.

The english dialogues were fun though.
"I'm so signing up for this beta" :D
https://i.imgur.com/j2OZTj9.jpg

Dudi4PoLFr said:

The Dive machine by Rath is only needed if you want the full immersion and for the healing process via Fluctlights. Since the Underworld was basically built on top of the Seed Engine used by the Original SAO and countless VR games, it makes sense that it can be rigged to accept accounts from other Seed games, though not on the same level of functionality or immersiveness as the dive machines that Kirito and Asuna are using right now. As an example, since the Americans are using their amusphere it means that the underworld to them just looks like a normal vr world and not super realistic like how Kirito and Asuna see it, as both of them are using STL instead.

Also, another thing is the difference of STL and Amusphere. Rath Dive Machine STL allows you to sync with the Underworld directly. Basically, your brain is translated into a Fluctlight so that it could experience things just as the Fluctlights in the Underworld do.

This means that things like the time acceleration and that System Call Generation system are usable by those in the STL. Normal VR Dive machines can't do this.

Also, they would not experience the massive desync issues when the Underworld is accelerated. That's why this episode was also partly focused on having the Underworld and the Real World's time be on sync. Any deviation from the normal time would introduce massive lag to non-STL dive machines and would eject their users once the time starts accelerating.

And you can't extract alice or any fluctlight like that because all of them are into the clusters, so Alice needs to go into a point of UW to then her cluster be extracted. Because all the system, artificial fluctlight and the underworld are connected. Putting the players there like I said can be done because of the seed, which he could bring that via the supercomputer of rath (that can support so many things because it's a supercomputer) after hacking into the system from the subcontrol room and unblocking it from the world.

AnimeDane said:
What the hell? I’ve been really enjoying the Alicization Arc but wtf. Seriously like putting all these other people into the world just doesn’t make sense it’s really annoying. I don’t know if anybody understands what I’m getting at but man this is ass that they would do something like this. I’ve been enjoying this season all for them to screw it in the end.

It literally makes sense when Underworld is based on the seed engine and was created as such (explained already on first season, but muh exposition, so now you all forget), so anyone can enter it with the difference that they won't see it as if it's a real world but like a video game as the amusphere isn't the STL, and they won't have incarnation and other things due to it being from simulating a fluctlight.

And, the characters entering are basically a reiforcement against the strategy of the attackers, which totally makes sense narratively. Not even counting the fact that Alicization is the culmination of all the arcs narratively with the AI, virtual worlds , connections in those places, and such, which not only are themes of the franchise but is essential that those characters would be there to support the underworld as those same people value that this kind of thing exists on the world of SAO and wants to protect it. It's that simple and it's one of the points of the arc and to have those characters there.
brzzcodeDec 22, 2019 8:50 PM
Dec 22, 2019 9:12 PM

May 2017
Engrish strikes again.

Also, that speech at the end was very moving, with the flashbacks to SAO Season 1.
Dec 22, 2019 9:14 PM

May 2017
Chiibi said:
Stop calling Kirito 'Jesus'. It's stupid; he's never walked on water or resurrected the dead, or died for our sins. He's just a kid prodigy who's good at video games. I think he's more believable as a character than Senku, actually.

@StellarIceberg

Lol, don't act retarded; of course Liz cares about the world and she gave up on Kirito AGES ago and 100% supports him and Asuna.

Kirito never resurrected the dead? I thought he did exactly that in season 1, or did I miss something? Jesus Kirito...
Dec 22, 2019 9:22 PM

Apr 2018
Looks like more enemies has arrived of course knowing Sao, there is plot armor to compensate that.
Dec 22, 2019 9:30 PM

Nov 2008
smoledman said:
Chiibi said:

@StellarIceberg

Kirito never resurrected the dead? I thought he did exactly that in season 1, or did I miss something? Jesus Kirito...

Um no? He found an item that let him hear Sachi's last message...but that was it. Lol your memory must suck.

Dec 22, 2019 10:33 PM

Dec 2018
Lisbeth's speech was what made this episode truly remarkable, bringing forward the issues about the link between the virtual & real world very profoundly and also painting a very clear picture of what the "heroes of the virtual world" have to actually go through & endure in the real world. I got chills from that. Now things seem to be set up for a strong finish to this season, after it was seeming to struggle to pick up the momentum after a strong beginning.

Despite the countless storytelling, characterization & execution problems SAO has as an anime, I have to admit that it is currently on good path. Everything after Season 2 has been a significant improvement, starting from Ordinal Scale, Alicization & now this season.
345EdwardElricDec 22, 2019 10:41 PM
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Dec 22, 2019 10:49 PM

Mar 2013
I like how people kinda gathering around and getting heated up in a fictional series between people who hate it and people who are defending it... Truly fun and amusing to read these conflicts since 2012 when SAO first animated. Like they don't have anything better in life.

----------
Anyway, my honest opinion about this Episode. It's good but slightly decent, at least better than previous episodes... That rope tactics is quite stupid even in desperate times. Kinda feel bad for the pugilist guild leader losing his friends died in vain like that. I guess Gabriel is that kind of commander, huh? I'm wondering if Vassago is still alive after falling to his death before.

And of course Lisbeth's speech is a throwback to what happens in SAO and ALO, kinda moved my heart a bit especially with how the Ending song played out during the speech because of how SAO players got treated in society and maybe this "gamer" society. It kinda makes me want to read the Light Novel again, dropped it around 'Mother's Rosario' because I don't have time to read more (and maybe still is right now)... Can't wait for the finale of War of the Underworlds.
Rio-Dec 22, 2019 10:54 PM
Dec 22, 2019 11:06 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
The ultimate plot twist is that we now play Ordinale Scale (or whichever is the newest SAO iOS game) against real AIs with real feelings LMAO.

Tbh, half expected that Liz would use a demeaning way to rive them up instead of trying to reunite them (like wow... prove it that you're better than us...or equal to us...come join us!), but I guess that works too.

P.S. Not sure if it's Liz's powerful seiyuu or LiSA's heartfelt singing, but I originally felt like Unlasting was out of place (compared to ReOna during Eugeo's death scene), but somehow my eyes won't stop leaking.

biswa290701 said:
Caltsio said:
Wasn't AmuSphere suppose to be able to automatically logging out the user if it's detect something's wrong with the user's body (increased heart rate for example)? It was explained at the GGO arc and that's why Kirito told Sinon to stay calm etc.

I mean with a suppose to be an extraordinary pain your heart rate most likely to increase (i use google translate for this, sorry if it's confusing) which mean you're suppose to be automatically got logged out by the AmuSphere safety protocol right?

Or is it for plot sake they change it like that?

I think that's because it's not a game and just a simulation. And if you're willingly entering a simulation run by a company, the amusphere will lose its functioning and the company that the simulation runs will hold the ultimate power and since it has rules that a person has to die to log out, that's it.

Just like how some programs are superior which suppress the inferior programs. Here the rath program is more superior than the amusphere program.

I feel part of it too is the safety or ethics that probably got implemented to amusphere after Aincrad. But since it's a beta it's an exception? Another part of this too is like it's a level 2 to Aincrad, before humans die from the first death but now it's like you don't need to die because AI can now feel. Or die with true pain rather than respawn like npcs. Probably they turned off some of those protocols The real philosophical question -- that both the US debates and AI controversies-- do things change once you start to feel pain. Can you hold AIs morally responsible and as equal beings once you know they feel pain/death? Americans feel a lot of pain seeing animal abuse, would it be the same if they were AIs made of 1s and 0s? It's the final stage for AIs truly. Turing test, but reversed. Or maybe I'm just looking to deep into it.
KaguyachinchinDec 22, 2019 11:09 PM
Dec 22, 2019 11:12 PM

Dec 2016
Lisbeth had a nice speech there. She doesnt get too many opportunities to shine so that was pretty epic for her to make the most of her chance.

One thing I am confused about is how did Yui know about what was going on with the Underworld and all the American players logging in? Hope there is a reason and they aren’t just using her as a convenient plot device like usual.

Cant believe there is only one episode left. No way they can tie up all the loose ends. Has to be another season coming out, right??
Dec 23, 2019 12:00 AM

Nov 2016
wasnt expecting this i was expecting is was going to be a girl talk recap
Dec 23, 2019 12:23 AM

Jul 2016
Bringing in a bunch of randoms online to help?

That is quite possibly the worst plan anyone could have come up with. Has the writer ever actually played an online game with randoms?
Dec 23, 2019 12:43 AM

May 2015
Bruh
I thought this was 2 cour. Only one more episode. Now I'm not sure if I should rate this a 10 or a 9.
These past few episodes had a few flaws here and there.
First half of this season was a masterpiece.
The wait is gonna kill this show.
Dec 23, 2019 1:05 AM

Jan 2015
Chiibi said:
Troll12345678966 said:

@StellarIceberg

Have we been watching the same anime dude? "LIZ GAVE UP ON KIRITO"
Hahahaha sorry for being retarded enough to notice that Liz gave a scorn when Asuna mentioned Kiritio was screwing up with some AI in a fucking simulation.
"He never resurrected anyone"
Except himself
sike
Oh and also since he's a smart enough programmer to pull of a holy miracle and revive YUI, which was very much unnecessary cause it's at that point SAO lost everything it was supposed to stand for.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.