Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 19, 2019 6:15 AM

Aug 2018
Love that a second season is confirmed, and now an OVA as well? Really awesome and I'm so glad that this is a pretty good adaptation to the original web novel and such!

So what sort of topics do you Hon-heads think will cover?

More Pound cake adventures perhaps with a visit to Corinna-san is my guess. But time will tell!
Dec 25, 2019 11:33 AM
Sep 2017
ricpower77 said:
Love that a second season is confirmed, and now an OVA as well? Really awesome and I'm so glad that this is a pretty good adaptation to the original web novel and such!

So what sort of topics do you Hon-heads think will cover?

More Pound cake adventures perhaps with a visit to Corinna-san is my guess. But time will tell!

It's already confirmed what it'll cover here: https://tobooks.shop-pro.jp/?pid=146959673

Dec 25, 2019 10:27 PM

May 2017
Oh :o i didnt know this will get an OVA too!! Instant ptw, 2020 looking good XD can't wait for this!
Dec 29, 2019 12:09 PM

Apr 2013
Well unfortunately no you can't add it to ptw list on MAl because it's still pending on approval after more than one week since the announcement >_<"
Jan 4, 2020 9:07 PM

Nov 2015
Can't wait for this omg i'm so in love with this anime !
Jan 4, 2020 11:11 PM

Apr 2012
Mayne better improve her utilization of the force.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 5, 2020 3:19 AM

Apr 2013
So it's finally not pending, now It'll be nice if the part 2 and 3 of the Honzuki manga were approved too, They've been in publication for like one year or almost now so it's taking way too long to get it approved, but hey that's something already so thanks to whoever did that ~ ;o
Jan 5, 2020 5:26 PM

Aug 2018
Zefyris said:
So it's finally not pending, now It'll be nice if the part 2 and 3 of the Honzuki manga were approved too

Rejoice in a Gl*co pose as the second season (which covers part 2) is approved for Spring 2020 --> https://myanimelist.net/anime/40815/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen_2nd_Season

Also since the web novel is complete, I'd imagine if there are enough viewers, the whole series will be adapted over time so be patient!
Jan 6, 2020 8:26 AM

Apr 2013
ricpower77 said:
Zefyris said:
So it's finally not pending, now It'll be nice if the part 2 and 3 of the Honzuki manga were approved too

Rejoice in a Gl*co pose as the second season (which covers part 2) is approved for Spring 2020 --> https://myanimelist.net/anime/40815/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen_2nd_Season

Also since the web novel is complete, I'd imagine if there are enough viewers, the whole series will be adapted over time so be patient!

I was talking about the manga part 2 and 3, they're still pending on MAL, I know the anime part 2 is approved by MAL already ;).
"approved" here was specifically referring at MAL's entries , IE, if you try to add them to your list (being in "reading", "plan to read" or anything), as long as a mod has not approved the entry, it will not allow you to add it to your list. Try to add part 2 or 3 or the manga in your list and you will see :
https://myanimelist.net/manga/122830/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen_Dai_2-bu_-_Hon_no_Tamenara_Miko_ni_Naru

Also I don't think the anime will adapt everything, there's way too much content. If we ever get part 3 in anime one day, we could consider ourselves pretty lucky imo.
ZefyrisJan 6, 2020 8:31 AM
Jan 6, 2020 10:40 AM

Aug 2018
Zefyris said:
ricpower77 said:

I was talking about the manga part 2 and 3, they're still pending on MAL, I know the anime part 2 is approved by MAL already ;).
"approved" here was specifically referring at MAL's entries , IE, if you try to add them to your list (being in "reading", "plan to read" or anything), as long as a mod has not approved the entry, it will not allow you to add it to your list. Try to add part 2 or 3 or the manga in your list and you will see :
https://myanimelist.net/manga/122830/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen_Dai_2-bu_-_Hon_no_Tamenara_Miko_ni_Naru

Also I don't think the anime will adapt everything, there's way too much content. If we ever get part 3 in anime one day, we could consider ourselves pretty lucky imo.

Yeah, my bad, I can't read hahaha. Sorry for making you go through that trouble!

Doing a quick wikipedia search though I'd be saying the english adapted manga part 2 would start to be released in late-ish 2021 *on kindle/e-book* if a three month release schedule is kept. The english translated light novels (if you happen to read those as well) are on a more accelerated path might be out by the time the 2nd season is finished: (I believe the dates above all refer to the kindle/e-book form though, paperback might take longer as Amazon lists the paperback version of part 1 the manga is to be released in September of 2020 and the paperback Light novel for Part 1 vol. 1 came out in September of this past year, but please check my sources):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascendance_of_a_Bookworm

https://www.amazon.com/Ascendance-Bookworm-Manga-Part-Kazuki/dp/1718372507/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=ascendance+of+a+bookworm+manga&qid=1578334158&sr=8-4

So to sum up, my guess is that the paperback version of the english part 2 will probably be released sometime in late 2022 to 2023, which now that I'm saying that out loud is much too long a time away :/

And btw, I agree, the anime (and even the manga to a lesser extent) does not (and will probably not) cover everything, but it's still a pretty good and unique story to see come to life!
Jan 6, 2020 11:42 AM
Sep 2017
ricpower77 said:
Zefyris said:

Yeah, my bad, I can't read hahaha. Sorry for making you go through that trouble!

Doing a quick wikipedia search though I'd be saying the english adapted manga part 2 would start to be released in late-ish 2021 *on kindle/e-book* if a three month release schedule is kept. The english translated light novels (if you happen to read those as well) are on a more accelerated path might be out by the time the 2nd season is finished: (I believe the dates above all refer to the kindle/e-book form though, paperback might take longer as Amazon lists the paperback version of part 1 the manga is to be released in September of 2020 and the paperback Light novel for Part 1 vol. 1 came out in September of this past year, but please check my sources):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascendance_of_a_Bookworm

https://www.amazon.com/Ascendance-Bookworm-Manga-Part-Kazuki/dp/1718372507/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=ascendance+of+a+bookworm+manga&qid=1578334158&sr=8-4

So to sum up, my guess is that the paperback version of the english part 2 will probably be released sometime in late 2022 to 2023, which now that I'm saying that out loud is much too long a time away :/

And btw, I agree, the anime (and even the manga to a lesser extent) does not (and will probably not) cover everything, but it's still a pretty good and unique story to see come to life!

Well Zefyris reads the Japanese LN so the English translations is of no concern.
HurwitzJan 6, 2020 11:46 AM
Jan 7, 2020 8:25 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Jan 8, 2020 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
Ahah yes indeed I don't need the English version of the novels, although ti's always nice to see what you like being translated in other languages so that other peoples can enjoy it too ;3.

Ohmagad if it isn't the first appearance of Yustokus and Ekhart in an animated form right here <3
Feb 7, 2020 4:50 PM
Aug 2015
The real question is will Crunchyroll be streaming it i can't be excited for OVA's because licensors don't always get the OVA's even for popular anime's
Feb 21, 2020 3:05 PM
Sep 2017
Zefyris said:
So it's finally not pending, now It'll be nice if the part 2 and 3 of the Honzuki manga were approved too, They've been in publication for like one year or almost now so it's taking way too long to get it approved, but hey that's something already so thanks to whoever did that ~ ;o

They finally got approved two days ago on the 19th.
513 days after Part 2 began and 660 days after Part 3 began.
Feb 22, 2020 1:28 AM

Apr 2013
Hurwitz said:
Zefyris said:

Oh wow you're right, thanks for notifying me.
Lmao at the numbers though
Dec 1, 2020 1:54 PM
Sep 2017
Zefyris said:
Hurwitz said:

Now lets see what the number will be for the Part 4 manga.
Dec 1, 2020 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
Hurwitz said:
Zefyris said:

Now lets see what the number will be for the Part 4 manga.

wow part 4 already? Part2 and 3 aren't even half way lmao. And it's another mangaka again!
This is really turning out to be quite the unique situation for these manga adaptation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen OVA Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2020

49 by FarCritical »»
Jul 19, 2023 8:39 AM

» Two Episodes

SanGosh - Mar 9, 2020

6 by abystoma2 »»
Apr 19, 2020 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.