Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 30, 2022 1:47 PM

May 2015
Surprisingly awful to watch, most of the ideas weren't used well and the main theme of grief was trampled over by throwaway lines like the one at the end that tells the viewer they're stupid if they're not in love (I'm not sure how that works but ok).

This woman should have talked to a shrink instead of trying to get into her dead boyfriend's phone that his ghost conveniently forgot the password to.
Dec 14, 2022 2:45 AM

Dec 2021
Ngl it was ok, not great but ok the story just felt kinda cliché Yk, the animation was good but the storyline was eih.
Jan 16, 2023 2:22 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I had been putting off watching this bad boy for a long while. Mostly because when it was going to come out in the states, the trailer really spoiled Minato's death and honestly they could've avoided that completely and I feel like it would've hit me harder this first time. Now I still highly enjoyed it, especially since unlike most stories (especially anime) where the death is the catalyst for the sads and tears. It was mostly about the grief and letting those who've passed on go because your life has so much more after those deathes.

This might be one of the very few animes in general I've seen where the couple act super lovey dovey. Even in series where the couple are dating a majority of the time, it feels like pulling teeth for them to be as romantic but here, even when Minato dies 30 minutes in, those 30 first minutes with them feel so nice. It's hard to describe but I guess that's why I lean into fanfiction so much because usually romances don't satisfy me.

I wasn't anticipating liking Wasabi and Yukou as much as I did or even see them as incorperated into the second half but I'm glad they were. Only part I'm unsure of is them including Wasabi liking Hinako but I get why he was captivated by her.

And yes, the Christmas message at the end really did make me weep.

Also I do love how colorful this movie is, so many films for for some dark or neutral tones with only a few burts. It's also cute how Hinako and Minato had complimentry colors of blue and orange.

I am teetering on a 9 for now, it might be a little inflated due to how much I really liked this honestly.
Jan 20, 2023 8:01 AM
Dec 2022
the amount of tears, the wave of emotion i had watching this movie is crazy i would really recommend 10/10 for me
Jan 23, 2023 11:30 AM
Mar 2017
A beautiful little movie. Hinako was just so nice and funny.
Apr 2, 2023 4:08 AM

Jul 2015
Went in with hard expectations but will not lie.. the movie felt a bummer..
It was all great with melo drama of her lover dying but then I forgot that it is indeed japanese.. and they will ofcourse ruin it with some un asked supernatural thing.. Especially at the end.. Everyone got saved with the power of LOVE.. God's that cringe..

Maybe This is just not my genre of the movie.. I would give props to the Voice acting.. Freaking loved their singing together.. 
Its 6.5/10 from me.. the last surfing on water felt unnecessary..  Would I watch it again? HAHAHAAHHA FUCK NO!
Apr 16, 2023 1:49 AM

Jun 2012
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something...but to me it seemed like there wasn't actually anything supernatural at the end, but that the water rising had something to do with a scientific reaction from the fire, hose water, and the pool. They went out of their way twice to explain about the conditions for water rising after all, and to mention a pool in the building feels completely random unless it was to set up this specific event. I'm not sure how realistic a phenomenon like that would actually be...but it feels like there's too much setup for that not to be the "real world" explanation, especially since they established with the car fire scene that real events can be interpreted differently during the hallucinations. 
help
Jun 28, 2023 4:20 PM
Apr 2018
couldn't stop crying
Jul 16, 2023 9:41 PM

Oct 2008
This was an unexpected gem of a movie. Coming into it blind I wasn’t sure what to expect, other than romance.

I really liked how they explored grief and closure in a supernatural kinda way, but damn if I wasn’t crying every 20 minutes.

10/10!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Honestly it was beautiful

Animezyon12 - Sep 14, 2021

14 by Blank-c »»
Sep 25, 2022 11:34 PM

» Does this have any love triangle aur drama?

adityasingh2705 - Jul 31, 2022

6 by Worm_Death »»
Aug 2, 2022 4:24 AM

» Trending page?

slutforhange - Aug 26, 2021

14 by Sailor-Sleep »»
Aug 31, 2021 2:55 PM

» New Yuasa Film

germane - Mar 25, 2019

13 by thelastknight101 »»
Jan 2, 2020 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.