Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 9, 2020 7:38 PM

Jan 2014
4/10 This show never really got interesting, the board games was as interesting as watching paint dry on a stormy day. Not much going on with the characters either that stood out, it all just felt very mediocre and at the end i had to fast forward threw the last 3-4 eps in matters of minutes just to complete it, and still didn't feel like i missed anything. Very boring show imo.
Jan 11, 2020 5:22 AM

Aug 2018
ClickNot said:
4/10 This show never really got interesting, the board games was as interesting as watching paint dry on a stormy day. Not much going on with the characters either that stood out, it all just felt very mediocre and at the end i had to fast forward threw the last 3-4 eps in matters of minutes just to complete it, and still didn't feel like i missed anything. Very boring show imo.

I fast forward too except for the episode where they played with the two boys i find that episode very cute
Jan 11, 2020 9:55 PM

Oct 2010
Great anime. Initial thought was that I would drop the anime after episode 2 because I wasn’t very fond of board games. I found out that there’s actually character development and lots of comedic moments. Great episode to end it off. I kind of wished they told us which direction Miki would be heading to in the future, like her future job. Glad to see Miki not as introverted as she was in the first episode!
Jan 17, 2020 7:37 PM

Dec 2017
The premise of the show was interesting as it wanders into a new area not really seen in slice of life anime but in the end it just feels too "safe". The games are interesting but the story isn't anything amazing to write home about. MC worried that they will lose friends, drum up drama in episode 11, and happy conclusion in episode 12. Characters aren't amazing either.

It's a shame because I really wanted to see the story go in another direction rather than what they ended with here in episode 12.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Jan 26, 2020 3:10 PM

Feb 2014
This was good. I think it does not deserve less than 7.00 of mean score.

Jan 29, 2020 9:49 PM

Jul 2017
There were so many different games I wish they could've played, it sucks this show won't get a second season! Honestly, After School Dice Club has been kind of a surrogate game night for me ever since I moved to a different state and couldn't play board games with my friends. I related to Aya a lot- I love games, but I'm pretty bad at them. Even so, it doesn't matter if everyone's having a good time!
Feb 7, 2020 9:12 AM

Jan 2016
Was an okay series over all 5/10 for me..

Glad everything worked out for the characters in the end i guess.
Feb 22, 2020 2:02 PM

Apr 2019
Such a wholesome little anime.
Mar 5, 2020 4:20 PM
Mar 2018
Miki went a bit mental in this one and it seems they didn't play a german game this time. Or a board game. And that "german" word Emi said, didn't sound very german.

Overall a very cute and fun anime. Not entirely my thing, because a big part is advertising and explaining those german board games (I never really heard of before) and another big part is schoolgirl friendship, which is also pretty standard. You also have all the stereotypical anime schoolgirl types, but they were executed well. So in conclusion nothing special, but at least a different premise, so 7 /10
DonTrumpolinoMar 6, 2020 2:06 AM
Mar 18, 2020 8:51 PM

Jul 2016
That anime was unique for me because of board games.
That part really makes that SoL-CGDCT title more special.
Apr 13, 2020 2:59 PM

Jul 2015
Good thing George isn't a horrible person who would steal her game idea, and also a good thing Miki made some good friends

Nice slice of life, some games striked me as boring but other games as interesting

All I can say is, Clickbait!!!! the title was a damn lie they only officially started the club at end

Jun 6, 2020 7:52 PM
Feb 2020
I'm going to miss this show a lot. I wish a lot of people had seen this to make the company have a will for making a second season of this! especially since the manga gives the enough story to make 2-3 more seasons.

So many things good about this anime:
1. the characters! I loved the characters. Even though there were some (like the VP) that I didn't like, it was me not liking them for a good reason. For that reason, I like them in their own way also. All the characters have a purpose in the story.

2. The story! The story in general was really nice. I feel like that they also captured the emotions of the how the world views board games quite accurately. I work at a local tabletop game store where I live. Everyday, I get a classmate of mine, or a stranger, question games and question why they are still a thing. Question how we're still in business and how games like Warhammer, D&D, etc. are still big and growing even bigger every day. So, I feel like they definitely captured everyone's emotions about their first interactions with these games quite well and the story premise is just good overall.

3. I liked the attention to detail in the store background and the explanations for some of the games. Again, I work at a game store, and I know every single game in the background. It was fun trying to take the time to also look in the background and go, "we sell that game, too!". And they were pretty accurate with the explanations with some of the games as well.

Not only that, but they did a good job making it fun, and enjoyable, to watch the characters play these games together. I think my favourite one is when they were at the Christmas party and they were playing Ladies and Gentlemen.

The only thing I didn't like about the amine, was how it was 12 episodes. Because it was only 12, and the company isn't doing a 2nd season, some parts of character development was a tad bit rushed. It's understandable because of the amount of episodes, the amount of people that watched the anime when it was ongoing, etc. just made the company feel like a second season wasn't worth it... especially since the company they chose isn't known to make second seasons, from what I've read.

It's just, I guess I wish there was a 2nd season cause I loved it so much and I wanted each character to get longer attention for development.

But, thanks to this, I'm definitely going to read the manga and see what is supposed to happen next. And this episode was a good series finale. If they do, for some reason, end up making a second season, I will definitely watch it! 9.5/10.
Salutations! In the name of Saturn, I'll punish you!
Nov 2, 2020 2:03 PM
Jul 2009
This is such a cute and wholesome series. I really hope it gets a season 2
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jun 17, 2021 12:19 PM

Jun 2019
My 75th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Jul 3, 2022 1:15 PM

Aug 2018
Anime was interesting and quite easy to watch, it felt.. It managed to do a lot of things.. Finding happiness in hobby with Miki.. Exploring creation process with Midori.. Inevitable separation of everyone.. As well as it was just entertaining to watch board games, I felt like wanting to picking some and trying for myself.. ;P Overall, pretty nice anime.. ;P
Oct 20, 2022 8:44 PM
May 2020
If you like table top games this is the anime for you it is completely all in on its subject matter and that is the best part about it loved every second of the show would watch 20 times more if I could to be honest
Sep 26, 2023 4:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A good bit of this final episode was pretty upsetting, it hurt seeing poor Miki so down about things changing, she even relapsed to having a scene playing out with the cards she bought which made it hurt even more, but thankfully her friends helped her come out of it which I really loved, that’s how you know they’re real friends and they won’t stop hanging out just because of some class changes. And then they played one last game, and it actually looked really fun too, I like that it even tied in Miki’s stuffed toy from her childhood which won her the first round.

And although it took be a bit longer than I meant for it too, I’ve reached the end of my rewatch of this show, first time I’ve seen it since the Fall of 2019 when it originally came out, i remember it being a scary time being my first semester of college but I look back on the time fondly now, and I have these old familiar shows from the time to revisit which kept my spirits up then and now. And similarly to another rewatch I did in august, I actually found myself liking this even more this time around, I really found myself loving these girls all over again along with the unique board game theme which not only brought fun moments but also cool history and even some life lessons, stuff that’ll stick with you beyond the show.

And one thing i remembered loving back then and I loved again now was the addition of love interests for the girls, in CGDCT shows you typically don’t see that so it was pretty refreshing to see, and the relationships themselves were pretty sweet too, my only complaint here is that there wasn’t enough of it lol. And that OP and ED are very nostalgic to me now, the ED has always been a favorite of mine since I first watched it and of course the OP is very good too. And I guess now I move on, I sadly don’t think this will ever get another season so I can probably forget that idea, but I wouldn’t be against checking out the manga for this one day, would love to see how much further this series goes with all the situations developed in the anime.
Apr 3, 8:20 PM

Jul 2022
I loved everything about this show so much, easy 10/10 for me! Every episode was so wholesome that I couldn't help but be put in a good mood watching it.

The last episode especially struck a chord with me, as I was the one that had to leave my friends behind to pursue my dreams. I think everyone experiences what Miki went through at that age, so seeing that again as an adult really hit me hard.

Although I want nothing more than to spend another season with these characters, this was a perfect ending assuming we don't get a sequel.

I only started this show because the girl on the thumbnail looked like Sailor Mercury, but I'm so glad I did!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houkago Saikoro Club Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

74 by alexw1020 »»
Mar 13, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Houkago Saikoro Club Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

31 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:46 PM

Poll: » Houkago Saikoro Club Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2019

47 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Houkago Saikoro Club Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

43 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 19, 2023 4:57 PM

Poll: » Houkago Saikoro Club Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2019

36 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.