Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2019 5:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp and that's the way it goes. The hero Genzou vs the demon king as the ultmate match/fight for the series' finale. They even added some top rope moves to make the match more flashy!

I must say, that's a hell of a way to wrap up this weird series. And despite the strange humor, the final episode was made with a lot of entertainment.
Stark700Dec 18, 2019 6:00 AM
Dec 18, 2019 6:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was a really entertaining and funny anime, I'm sad it is finished I will miss it to be honest.
Dec 18, 2019 6:27 AM
Dec 2017
Still Shots: The Episode.
Dec 18, 2019 6:45 AM
Sep 2015
This episode gives me all Animal Mask X MAO moments I always want! They're really a couple! I want to do 'wrestling' with them. Oh, and the hero of hunter guild too!
Dec 18, 2019 7:05 AM

Oct 2017
Wow man they went all out on this season finale, this was amazing. Mao vs Genzo match was great and lol it turned into a huge mess after all. This was a fun anime to watch, hoping to see season 2.
Dec 18, 2019 7:16 AM

Jan 2013
Hated the finale. I didn't like the show that much anyways, but the ending confirmed this was just a waste of time.
Dec 18, 2019 7:16 AM

Aug 2013
The match ended up being a mess with all the wrestlers fighting each other though I was a fun match.

So the ant's name is Jeeg. He should be a wrestler.

5/10 for the series.

Dec 18, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2016
I felt like the beginning dragged a bit and that they could've used those minutes to extend the other matches, but nonetheless, it was a blast. How it escalated and the party afterwards, it was all fun. Well, maybe not for Shigure xD

Gotta say that Kemono Michi was one of the most enjoyable shows this season and the one with the highest laugh count, the awkwardness and running gags never failed to amuse me. Dunno if there will be second season and I don't think of it as necessary, but I would welcome it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2017
Well this was fun to watch, I enjoyed the show quite a lot.
Even though they took a different route than the manga, at least it was able to do some sort of definitive ending
I enjoy wacky comedies like this, it was a 7/10 for me for sure
Dec 18, 2019 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
The final episode, pitting Genzo and MAO for their rematch, while the others before them are recognised for their efforts.

Sure feels like a long battle to come alive...with MAO having to come in terms with his fear of animals. But the whole match itself went out of bounds with the whole colosseum turning into a mess, with the quick match from Genzo winning over MAO in animated fashion to end it all.

Just like before...all that prize money is detained in damages and such. What a fitting end for Shigure. For Genzo and MAO, may they meet again.

@Leo that ant, it's just sad that it was introduced TOO Late.

The show's alright...not bad but not great either.
Dec 18, 2019 8:08 AM

Aug 2014
This was a very good anime. I'm gonna miss Hirayuki :"(
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 18, 2019 8:59 AM

Jan 2017
IMHO I was expecting something way better from the creator of Kobosuba, also that final fight was mostly done in PowerPoint :(

5/10 would not watch again.
Dec 18, 2019 9:26 AM
May 2012
Original ending huh. Not saying the episode and the overall show is bad, just the moment they went into original material, the jokes and banters became a bit stale. Not really an isekai I can recommend to anyone unless they specifically want a wrestling element in it.

5/10
Dec 18, 2019 11:32 AM

Nov 2014
Nice ending to ok-ish series. Some jokes were good, but generally nothing special.
Dec 18, 2019 11:40 AM

Jan 2008
This finale episode was surprisingly mediocre. Was expecting some quality animated wrestling moves like back when he faught the ogres for the first time and we did get a couple nice shots but a huge majority of the episode was just a slideshow. Overall, the show is probably the weakest of the isekai bunch this season.

Dec 18, 2019 11:49 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, the level of Bromance in that fight was off the charts. Wish the animation would have been on par as well but leaving aside two cool cuts from MAO, the rest of the fight was quite lame.

Overall, it was just an OK show. The first few episodes were entertaining enough but the recurrent jokes got old real quick and Genzo went from being a weird MC to an annoying and childish one. The secondary characters were clearly the ones who carried the show for the most part.

5/10 - Not my kind of series but considering it's studio ENGI's first work, I think they did a decent job in terms of production values.
Dec 18, 2019 12:11 PM

Apr 2017
It was alright overall. It dragged on a lot in the middle and some episodes were weaker than others (MAO's backstory was dragged on for too long, Hiroyuki being sold off to that girl was pointless). There was a lot of wasted potential overall; maybe if Altena and MAO had more time to interact with the gang, it would've been better than wasting time on Monster of the Week stuff.

Joanna and Rose felt pointless ultimately, and Hanako didn't really do much aside from eating; maybe she should've joined in the tournament. Once Genzou's gimmick wore off, there wasn't much notable about him either (and the furry stuff in the beginning was ew).

At least the ending was better than I expected; Genzou and MAO talking out their differences while wrestling was pretty amusing, as was Carmilla getting cocky but losing again. Not gonna lie though, I was half expecting them to up the budget for the finale and show us some great fight animations. There's a short part where Altena runs to the arena that looked nice? but apart from that, the fights were mostly a pan-and-scan clip show.

6/10 - don't regret watching it but wouldn't necessarily recommend it.
Dec 18, 2019 12:34 PM

Apr 2015
Was an alright finale, loved the match and the aftermath, I feel sorry for Shigure.

I really liked the characters like Shigure and Carmilla the most throughout the serie. Something different, but not something I would watch again anytime soon.

5/10
Dec 18, 2019 12:55 PM

Dec 2016
Nobody is going to cry when this puppy gets put down to sleep and becomes another unfunny forgotten seasonal show.

I kinda had some expectations on Genzo vs Mao's fight that had been hyped for several episodes, and based on the sakuga from episode 3 with the orc fight it gave me some hope. But sadly, the lame-ass boring power point presentation this finale was told a different story.

I didn't need yet again to be reminded MAO trained so hard back in their real world so when he had faced genzo he could finally beat him, yet we needed to have more padding on what was meant to be the climax and conclusion of the series, but sadly it ends in a worse manner than an unending cartoon with Mao trying to disapear in the sunset and the crew getting once again another quest to mantain the status quo that they will always need money to fulfill Genzo's dream and Hanako/Carmilla gluttony/booze needs. This is something that the author did a great job in Konosuba, by at least giving Kazuma and the gang a long time to enjoy the riches of their quests/loot and still have them go almost back to zero under dire circunstances.

Easy 4/10 for me, the only saving grace for me was Shigure, but even her would become repetitive with the one trick pony trend of the show by having her steal that guy's sword and pawn it.
Dec 18, 2019 2:42 PM
Feb 2009
ended as I expected would've been great if they did more world building about the whole demon lord and Hanako.
Dec 18, 2019 3:27 PM

Jun 2016
I liked this series, beautiful character design and animation, good gags, nothing over the top, a little repetitive over time but it was a good series.
Shigure, Carmilla and Misha are my favourites.
I hope for a season 2.
Dec 18, 2019 3:48 PM

Sep 2017
This show was funny, I hope a new Season soon
Dec 18, 2019 5:47 PM

Sep 2016
"Good series. 5/10"
lmfao

Anyway. I got my daily dose of Jeeg/Sig/whatever you translate it to in your subs.
He appeared multiple times! He even slammed his fists! Woah!

Ant/10 would watch again.
bruh
Dec 18, 2019 6:06 PM
May 2017
Started off funny in the first couple of episodes but the comedic timing sort of fell off after that. I kept with it hoping it would find its footing again but it never did, for me at least.

And this episode...yeah wasn't a fan of half it being still shots with camera shakes. Those two or three few-second sakuga moments were cool though.

Overall, meh
Dec 18, 2019 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
this was fun even tho Genzo can get annoying in doses. and Ant-Bro actually has a name! gonna miss Shigure's get rich quick schemes and the other goofballs.

now the promotional match in DDT last month with the real life MAO & Yukio Sakaguchi vs Animal Mask & Yuki Ueno got me interested and curious
Dec 18, 2019 8:18 PM

Jul 2014
Absolutely hilarious episode to finish the show. If there's one thing that didn't completely satisfy me it was that most of the action was just still shots, and it's a shame because at the same time there were some very cool moments.

Overall it was a fun show but I feel like the comedy got a bit stale with each episode or at least I enjoyed the first episodes more than when it focused on the plot about Mao and wrestling.

The princess was my best girl but I'm not a fan of her becoming a masochist so I'm sticking with Shigure.
Dec 18, 2019 10:06 PM
Jun 2017
Royal rumble!!! Love that wrestling match...and we have some entertaining final episode too...
Dec 19, 2019 1:14 AM

Aug 2018
Awesome! Episode and this whole anime was Awesome! 8/10
Dec 19, 2019 3:28 AM

Aug 2018
I have zero clue of what the source material consists of, and whether or not there's even more lengthy story after this to begin with, but I hope we get to see Genzo and his gang again someday.

There was a lot, and I mean, A LOT of wasted potential with the story and its characters, so ideally improving upon that with more would be much appreciated.

Shigure definitely did a lot of the heavy lifting with the anime. Really wanted to see more of Celes as well. :/ Overall though, I still enjoyed myself quite a bit. Seeing anime wrestling was a nice change of pace, and the laughs were always welcome.
Dec 19, 2019 4:16 AM

Jun 2016
i enjoyed watch this anime so far ...

shigure best waifuuu confirmed !!

if you look closer genzo face looks like araragi koyomi
Dec 19, 2019 5:33 AM

Sep 2016
I wonder when they'll finally add Jeeg-kun to the characters list so I can favourite him.

bruh
Dec 19, 2019 6:19 AM

Jun 2017
So his name is jeeg, huh?
That's it, i guess... not too bad but not perfect either and yet i was enjoying it

Hopefully there will be an anime-adaptation of "Combatants Will Be Dispatched" too
Dec 19, 2019 6:38 AM

Aug 2017
I was hoping that they will go back in their own world/dimension... Oh well, time to love on, I had fun watching 😁

Dec 19, 2019 7:11 AM
Dec 2019
It was pretty fun show.Gonna miss this next week.I won't mind if they announce A second season or some specials/OVA.

I give it 7/10
Dec 19, 2019 10:28 AM

May 2018
So , it now comes to Animal Mask X MAO match....TBH I rather watch those lame WWE wrestling matches that this shit...............

Too bad they end up with a huge tab
Dec 19, 2019 10:50 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fun, simple entertainment where you just sit down and turn your brain off. Would happily watch a sequel.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 19, 2019 4:53 PM

Jul 2017
So, i see the overall reception to this anime wasn't the greatest, so i'll throw in an unpopular opinion. For me, this show is definitely one of the dark horses of the season. Idk man, i really like animals, and this concept was just right up my alley (even tho Genzo's fetish was a bit too much at times, but i could fuck with it), and mixing it in with the wrestling side of things, it was a funny and unique twist to it. Thoroughly enjoyed it to the end and i had an awesome time with it. The development and the flow of the story were really good imo.

Definitely a 8/10! 2nd season pls!
Dec 19, 2019 8:41 PM
Jan 2016
God, was this show so much fun to watch lol. It's a shame that the score ended up being so low...Hataage really is underrated.....I feel like too many people on here try to judge every anime like a Hollywood film and get all caught up in pulling apart the character growth and narrative rather than just turning their brains and enjoying a genuinely fun show.

This is definitly not a show you can watch with your brain turned on, and it's not really meant to be. If more people just had fun with this show, I feel like it would be more popular :\
funny how shows with dumpster fire humor like Gintama get so much recognition, but cleverly funny shows like this get the short end of the stick......
Dec 19, 2019 9:13 PM

Jul 2015
We're finally here. This weird mess of an Isekai has finally reach it's conclusion with everyone looking to the screen in the opening. I was expecting way more action in this final battle but just them figuring out why they were there and the mess that followed felt way more like a fitting finale... though I could have done with a few less still shots. And getting the bit of action towards the latter half when they actually finished the fight was nice. Gonna miss Hanako and Shigure as well as the rest of the cast, but them specifically, they felt refreshing and were a ton of fun.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 20, 2019 1:26 AM

Sep 2017
well i was expecting the final fight going to be genzo v orc king quality, but this is fine i guess

good ride so far
Dec 20, 2019 11:52 PM
Apr 2015
man that ending sucked. the final fight was just still images with them having a conversation! then it had the looney tunes ending with the music and everything. face palms abound.
Dec 21, 2019 8:06 AM

Dec 2013
I'm going to miss this group of dummies, Serious Hanako was great.
Dec 21, 2019 8:53 AM

Feb 2019
s this not the finale? No "Final" in the title??

So that's what a 4D wrestling match is like huh? Good finale episode again carried by the side characters, Rose and Joanna are hilarious. The sides really carried the series for me. Genzo was ok for a couple eps but he's used all his tricks several eps point and the gags got old. This was a pretty nice conclusion to the story where basically everyone gets something they want.

Overall, the second weakest isekai of the season after highschool prodigies, not terrible, not good either, solid 6/10. Not Akatsuki's best work by any stretch, but I enjoyed it. Comparisons to Konosuba are inevitable, but honestly Shinchou Yuusha has more in common with it than this.
Dec 21, 2019 11:07 AM

Jan 2016
Sad that the match was 70% just pictures instead of actual animation, but when it was animation, it looked really good. We finally found out the ant's name and apparently he's pretty strong too. Princess Buttocks found her new fetish, that was pretty funny. This wasn't as good as I expected it to be, but I still got quite some enjoyment out of it. Hope to see some more of this studio's works as this is their first anime.

7/10
Dec 21, 2019 8:17 PM

Oct 2008
It was a nice fight between Genzou & MAO!
We never get to see if Genzou is still stronger than Lindabrea Hanako...
LOLZ MAO is particularly scared of Hiroyuki!!!
hahah! then Joanna thought of stealing Hiroyuki but that was a very bad move that turned into an overall dome chaos...and oh! that Ant's name was "Jeeg" NICE!
That Archer elf girls who shot the fireworks was cute!!!
And of course, all that chaos and destruction left with a lot of debts and the price money was instantaneously GONE! Shigure was hysterically pissed-off!
Shigure instead of finding a ultra rare weapon, she sold the mythril trophy!
4/5.
7/10.

Dec 21, 2019 9:42 PM

Mar 2009
This was a bad show. And I'm shocked this is by the same author of KonoSuba.

Worst male MC of the season, besides the Val Love self-insert.
Dec 22, 2019 4:31 PM

Nov 2017
Zhexal said:
So his name is jeeg, huh?
That's it, i guess... not too bad but not perfect either and yet i was enjoying it

Hopefully there will be an anime-adaptation of "Combatants Will Be Dispatched" too

Yup,shame we got to learn his name so late in the series.
And as for "Combatants Will Be Dispatched" getting an anime,I'd be well up for that :)
Dec 22, 2019 7:04 PM

Jun 2017
Lol, what a way to end this weird series, I kinda liked this series though, looks like things will continue like this for Shigure ,Genzo. I was expecting a really grand match, but it looks like the budget is not that much. I'll be fair and give this series a 6/10
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 23, 2019 5:09 AM
Jul 2019
Lol at the poseurs complaining about pacing and the author without knowing the parts in question are anime only filler, manga doesnt have the mao parts at all yet, not reading it is fine but looking up it has a manga should be easy at least, seasonal anime atracting wanabes who want excuses to diss something for attention as always, hope it gets a season 2 so the cut manga stuff can make it in, and so they can leave it more fast paced and insane llike the manga is.

WaterLord said:
So, i see the overall reception to this anime wasn't the greatest, so i'll throw in an unpopular opinion. For me, this show is definitely one of the dark horses of the season. Idk man, i really like animals, and this concept was just right up my alley (even tho Genzo's fetish was a bit too much at times, but i could fuck with it), and mixing it in with the wrestling side of things, it was a funny and unique twist to it. Thoroughly enjoyed it to the end and i had an awesome time with it. The development and the flow of the story were really good imo.

Definitely a 8/10! 2nd season pls!

Seing the voting, yours is not an unpopular opinion, but the popular one, dont let 3 random posts on a forum convince you they represent some general consensus
Dec 23, 2019 5:22 AM

Jul 2017
MGemergencyfiles said:
Seing the voting, yours is not an unpopular opinion, but the popular one, dont let 3 random posts on a forum convince you they represent some general consensus
You're correct, still, the overall reception to the anime wasn't the greatest, so yeah, facts. Even tho i really liked this show, can't deny its reception wasn't the best.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2019

181 by rhythmico »»
Apr 12, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

39 by kdushxbdbejw »»
Nov 22, 2023 12:11 AM

» any romance in this anime?

Stoorainclaire - Dec 30, 2019

2 by provat_haque »»
Nov 12, 2023 10:43 AM

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

49 by GooseHybrid »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

67 by JesanPerhaps1 »»
May 22, 2023 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.