Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 17, 2019 10:11 PM
Apr 2018
justlynn6785 said:
Aauuugghh! Binged the first 2 seasons, and just caught up with this episode today, now how can I wait a week for the next one, ffs?!?
So many hilarious moments in this episode. Starting with Chihaya’s blank stare (what subject do you want to teach?) to her knocking poor Arata off his feet with that shriek in his ear on the phone. (I did get a bit po’d at her for yelling at him over and over that their society was going to win though - it’s one thing to be supportive of your teacher, but c’mon. At least Taichi shut her down at that point.)
However, her imitation of Suo got me past being upset with her, because it made me laugh so hard! And then Taichi trying to imitate Arata, too! Gotta give it to him - he’s handling this better than I thought he would. Props.
I’m rooting for Inokuma - she’s pretty awesome.
And finally, Arata in a hakama - swoon!!! Looked like Chihaya was pretty taken by it, as well!
As much as I love Arata, I would honestly be ok with Harada winning against him. Absolutely NO ONE else, lol, but Harada ... ok. :)

I love Arata but Harada sensei deserves it more to be honest after all the years he has persevered and kept fighting. Its just so hard to cheer for both.
and i really want inokuma to win, she is a fighting mother and a ex queen.
Dec 17, 2019 10:16 PM
Apr 2018
shanimebib said:
What the f*ck is MADHOUSE doing with this adaptation! WORLD 4 SPORTS is BACK, minna! Arata has arrived at the scene to gun for the Meijin title!

This is the first time we are seeing Arata in glasses... I mean in Hakama! I am left without words! I love Harada-sensei but I cannot but not root for my boy Arata!

Also, Taichi trying to act like Arata was so cute! But Arata blushing when Taichi wished him luck! Oh, God! If this was an all male cast anime, fujos would have kicked buckets left and right just shipping my boys! <3

Also, Chihaya is nailing down every bit about Suou-meijin! That was so mean of her not giving sweet to Tsukuba-kun because he is Class-A no hito janai. At this rate, she will beat Shinobu-chan with ease! Haha!

Also, Harada-sensei is so amazing to have used every resource he could gather before the showdown! And that eating the atmosphere! Just perfect!

Also, there was a super foreshadowing in this episode! Only time will reveal!

Also, I love everything about Inokuma-san and Sakurazawa-sensei. Their interactions and monologues are some of the best moments in the story and they keep on bringing me to tears of happiness! Go, Inokuma-san!

Also, Rion <3

Read it again! MY YAMASHIRO'S A FINE RAW GEMSTONE, ISN'T SHE? <3

OMIGOD! Rion<3 looks so cute! My heart goes doki doki every time I see her gobbling up those lucky onigiri! Boku ni mo tabetekudasai, Rion<3!

This is the first time ive seen arata in hakama. And the way he calmed down chihaya with just a gentle tap on her head and the way she was looking at him with awe.
He really looked so cool and with that music playing in the background as if some grand entrance.
Really in a fix for whom to cheer but harada sensei deserves it more after all the years of hard work and determination imo.

Also which foreshadowing are you mentioning. i am a little curious. If its the after match then i get what you are hinting at xD

Inokuma should win. Her story and struggle brought me almost to tears.
Dec 18, 2019 12:33 AM

Oct 2012
Oh! This was a great episode in so many ways!!!

Taichi being really down and Chihaya not knowing how to cheer him up! Harada Sensei who pulls Taichi, Chihaya and the whole Shiranami society in! The Arata and Suou mimics!!!! Chihaya was really terribly funny. The strategy talk between Harada and Taichi, so cool.

But what made me teary is Inokuma san with her kids...........such a difficult dilema. Oe san was really a saviour there!!

Then the last part, Arata walks in looking cool .......and then Harada sensei, like a boss!!! They all look great. The next episode will be good stuff!! So emotional!!!

Madhouse is doing a great job!!! I'm totally pulled in!

ps: Taichi's blushing face on the phone with slightly blushing Arata, lol, very appealing!Rofl.
chiakimagotoDec 18, 2019 12:43 AM
Dec 18, 2019 2:04 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fantastic episode, like the usual!

A lot of focus on Inokuma-san this episode, and they nearly got me in tears! I wouldn't say she's going doing the wrong path choosing Karuta momentarily but I suppose it differs from person to person. God, those tears sure hurt though. I have a feeling she'll retire soon (assuming that she doesn't clinch on to the Queen title this time around of course).

Harada-sensei, meanwhile, really is like a bull dog but leave it to the man to cheer Taichi up. Providing with a new possible attack means too, what a find! Can't wait to see how this'll help him in his game.

Impersonations, didn't think we'd see something like this in this show xD but it was fab! Chihaya-chan totally nailed the Suou impersonation lmao. #FeelsBad for Tsukuba-kun too. She's really starting to feel his game too, I can't even imagine how much of a boost that'll prove to her game once she masters it.

Interesting reveal on Rion this episode by the way. "A fine raw gemstone" huh, how very interesting indeed!

Arata was a really cool character this episode and that elegance with the hakama outfit, damn he was born for this lol. Sorry Arata though, Let's Go Harada-Sensei whoo-hoo!

What a showdown it'll be next episode! Nothing to take away from the female side of things too, Inokuma-san vs. the West Challenger is sure to be a hit!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 18, 2019 5:38 AM
Aug 2018
I’m so excited to see Harada vs Arata. It’s going to be a great set of matches. The build up has been great and the progression in Arata has been good to watch so far!
Dec 18, 2019 5:46 AM

May 2019
Man, Arata looked super cool when he looked at Chihaya from over like that.

But I'm still rooting for the older ones here. I've never liked Megumi and the former queen is very cute. Arata is still young and will have a plenty of chances for sure, but Harada worked hard for over 40 years to get there so I hope he at least manages to challenge Suo. Former queen & Harada Sensei FTW!
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 18, 2019 6:07 AM

May 2018
LOL! Chihaya try to copy the master and Taichi play along. So look forward for upcoming episode. I think Arata will win. Former queen most likely will win consider the build up of this episode surrounding her.
Dec 18, 2019 6:47 AM

Mar 2012
Chihaya in Suo´s MODE was the best of this episode. LOL
Arata was so gorgeous!

I hope Inokuma will win, she is a great character.
Dec 18, 2019 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
miharumii said:
Chihaya in Suo´s MODE was the best of this episode. LOL

I know right. xD The best part was when she imitated Suo offering calmly some daifuku after asking if somebody is Class A. ;p

miharumii said:
I hope Inokuma will win, she is a great character.

Yeah, I root for Inokuma as well. In terms of duel to battle the current Master, I dunno to be honest. It would be interesting to see Arata vs. Suo, but Harada deserves the opportunity to run for a title more I think.
Dec 18, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2012
My god, Chihaya's Suo impression had me dying! lmao I love that girl

Inokuma's scene was very touching. I'm rooting for her as well!

I'm so hyped for the next matches!
Dec 18, 2019 11:34 AM
May 2017
Dr. Harada for the win! Taichi's and Chihaya's impressions were hilarious!
Dec 18, 2019 2:28 PM

Oct 2017
K, so this episode was weird in terms of framing. Way too many jump cuts. Sticks out like a sore thumb after the absolute gorgeous direction in the Arata vs. Murao match.

still love the series tho, inokumaaaaaa
TurnchDec 18, 2019 2:39 PM
Dec 18, 2019 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
Mayuka said:
i love how sometimes this show has nothing going on except monologue but it manages to make my eyes tear up

So glad that I am not the only one!

Kipo0007 said:
shanimebib said:
What the f*ck is MADHOUSE doing with this adaptation! WORLD 4 SPORTS is BACK, minna! Arata has arrived at the scene to gun for the Meijin title!

This is the first time we are seeing Arata in glasses... I mean in Hakama! I am left without words! I love Harada-sensei but I cannot but not root for my boy Arata!

Also, Taichi trying to act like Arata was so cute! But Arata blushing when Taichi wished him luck! Oh, God! If this was an all male cast anime, fujos would have kicked buckets left and right just shipping my boys! <3

Also, Chihaya is nailing down every bit about Suou-meijin! That was so mean of her not giving sweet to Tsukuba-kun because he is Class-A no hito janai. At this rate, she will beat Shinobu-chan with ease! Haha!

Also, Harada-sensei is so amazing to have used every resource he could gather before the showdown! And that eating the atmosphere! Just perfect!

Also, there was a super foreshadowing in this episode! Only time will reveal!

Also, I love everything about Inokuma-san and Sakurazawa-sensei. Their interactions and monologues are some of the best moments in the story and they keep on bringing me to tears of happiness! Go, Inokuma-san!

This is the first time ive seen arata in hakama. And the way he calmed down chihaya with just a gentle tap on her head and the way she was looking at him with awe.
He really looked so cool and with that music playing in the background as if some grand entrance.
Really in a fix for whom to cheer but harada sensei deserves it more after all the years of hard work and determination imo.

Also which foreshadowing are you mentioning. i am a little curious. If its the after match then i get what you are hinting at xD

Foreshadowing? There were aplenty.

But the one I wanted to point out was this:

OMG! When I was reading the chapters, I really did not see some of these things. I mean who would? If anyone said they did, they are pretty much psychic! And I have a feeling you are talking about the "other" one! Haha!

_MushiRock11_ said:

A lot of focus on Inokuma-san this episode, and they nearly got me in tears! I wouldn't say she's going doing the wrong path choosing Karuta momentarily but I suppose it differs from person to person. God, those tears sure hurt though. I have a feeling she'll retire soon (assuming that she doesn't clinch on to the Queen title this time around of course).

Harada-sensei, meanwhile, really is like a bull dog but leave it to the man to cheer Taichi up. Providing with a new possible attack means too, what a find! Can't wait to see how this'll help him in his game.

Impersonations, didn't think we'd see something like this in this show xD but it was fab! Chihaya-chan totally nailed the Suou impersonation lmao. #FeelsBad for Tsukuba-kun too. She's really starting to feel his game too, I can't even imagine how much of a boost that'll prove to her game once she masters it.

Interesting reveal on Rion this episode by the way. "A fine raw gemstone" huh, how very interesting indeed!

Arata was a really cool character this episode and that elegance with the hakama outfit, damn he was born for this lol. Sorry Arata though, Let's Go Harada-Sensei whoo-hoo!

What a showdown it'll be next episode! Nothing to take away from the female side of things too, Inokuma-san vs. the West Challenger is sure to be a hit!

You do remember Megumu from before right? She is the ace of Akashi Joshi Koukou! Akshi Joshi is one of the powerhouses like Hokuo and Fujisaki. Their match against Mizusawa is still one of my favourite group matches from the manga till this day!

Looks like I am the only one rooting for my boy Arata T_T. Even Chihaya abandoned him! T_T Surprised that you did not mention Arata blushing after Taichi wished him all the best! :P

The impersonations going to help them both! Man, if only Chihaya can master Suou and bridge the 7 cards (first syllable) gap!

But I am glad that you noticed what really mattered! Rion <3!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 18, 2019 7:27 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
You do remember Megumu from before right? She is the ace of Akashi Joshi Koukou! Akshi Joshi is one of the powerhouses like Hokuo and Fujisaki. Their match against Mizusawa is still one of my favourite group matches from the manga till this day!

Yes, Megumu! I'm really bad with names so I totally forgot, my bad.

I remember exactly who she is though, and I love her followers too xD. Dat match between Mizusawa and Akashi Joshi is one my my favourites of the series thus far as well!

shanimebib said:
Looks like I am the only one rooting for my boy Arata T_T. Even Chihaya abandoned him! T_T Surprised that you did not mention Arata blushing after Taichi wished him all the best! :P

Heh, I thought it was pretty normal that's why. A mix of surprise and happiness, I imagine. Not really into the yaoi fan-fiction personally, if that's what you were hinting at.

shanimebib said:
The impersonations going to help them both! Man, if only Chihaya can master Suou and bridge the 7 cards (first syllable) gap!

I know right, that'd be freakin' awesome! Good to hear that it'll propel them forward by the way!

Right, lol. ;)

Dec 18, 2019 8:05 PM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
shanimebib said:

Yes, Megumu! I'm really bad with names so I totally forgot, my bad.

I remember exactly who she is though, and I love her followers too xD. Dat match between Mizusawa and Akashi Joshi is one my my favourites of the series thus far as well!

shanimebib said:

Heh, I thought it was pretty normal that's why. A mix of surprise and happiness, I imagine. Not really into the yaoi fan-fiction personally, if that's what you were hinting at.

shanimebib said:

I know right, that'd be freakin' awesome! Good to hear that it'll propel them forward by the way!

Right, lol. ;)

Eh~! Not all cute moments need to be yaoi (although this is one pair I really wouldn't mind, haha!)! Let's put it like cute boys being cute! Like Kimi to Boku (super underrated)!

Just look how adorable he looks here:

My heart goes kyu~n❤ when I see my boys blushing! Like Taichi when he was totally and utterly embarrassed even considering that Chihaya would be rooting for Arata instead of Harada-sensei! <3

On a serious note, this also shows another side of Arata. Although he finally acknowledges Taichi's karuta and even considers him as a rival in the game, there is this awkward affection he has for Taichi as a person, like an older brother has for his younger brother. Arata is just socially a bit awkward and cannot express his affection for Taichi.

I think I need to point out that except for Nikuman, the other members actually don't know Arata and his bond with Chihaya and Taichi which Nikuman experienced as their rival in their younger days. That's why Nikuman was on point telling Chihaya to congratulate Arata for being the youngest ever male representative from the West.

As for Chihaya - Oh, it's not gonna be that easy if you can tell! She is living her passion as a karuta player! She has incredible people around her like her mentors and her friends from her school! She has two hot guys in love with her! She has 20 one syllable cards! And she has the love of her life i.e. Karuta! And you think she would add 7 more one syllable cards that even Shinobu-chan doesn't have? She won't.

Aaa~ah. Sometimes I am possessed by these nasty feelings. Is it the effect of being a fan of Dou-S-no-Sudou-senpai? Who knows! :D
Coronavirus.
Dec 18, 2019 9:01 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
Eh~! Not all cute moments need to be yaoi (although this is one pair I really wouldn't mind, haha!)! Let's put it like cute boys being cute! Like Kimi to Boku (super underrated)!

Yeah, I know lol. I wouldn't call it exactly "cute" though but it was certainly touching, such friendship! I feel like I could come to terms with "that" unorthodox route over time xD but .. this is fine as it is.

Oh, I've heard similar things about that show. Got to watch it...

shanimebib said:
Just look how adorable he looks here:
https://i.imgur.com/72yEyI5.jpg
My heart goes kyu~n❤ when I see my boys blushing! Like Taichi when he was totally and utterly embarrassed even considering that Chihaya would be rooting for Arata instead of Harada-sensei! <3

On a serious note, this also shows another side of Arata. Although he finally acknowledges Taichi's karuta and even considers him as a rival in the game, there is this awkward affection he has for Taichi as a person, like an older brother has for his younger brother. Arata is just socially a bit awkward and cannot express his affection for Taichi.

Right, I can sort of relate to that. Moments like those feel so genuine, and I just love that aspect of Chihayafuru!

Ah, makes total sense that. I sort of get that feeling from Arata too, like an elder brother's affection-ish. I can't wait what's more in store for us between the two and just how much further progression we get from the two (mind you it's been pretty fantastic already so far so leaving it on this note would be completely a-okay too)!

shanimebib said:
I think I need to point out that except for Nikuman, the other members actually don't know Arata and his bond with Chihaya and Taichi which Nikuman experienced as their rival in their younger days. That's why Nikuman was on point telling Chihaya to congratulate Arata for being the youngest ever male representative from the West.

Ah, no worries, I picked that up right away. Nikuman's a good and perceptive guy, just a knack for throwing a tantrum or two every now and then lol.

shanimebib said:
As for Chihaya - Oh, it's not gonna be that easy if you can tell! She is living her passion as a karuta player! She has incredible people around her like her mentors and her friends from her school! She has two hot guys in love with her! She has 20 one syllable cards! And she has the love of her life i.e. Karuta! And you think she would add 7 more one syllable cards that even Shinobu-chan doesn't have? She won't.

Aaa~ah. Sometimes I am possessed by these nasty feelings. Is it the effect of being a fan of Dou-S-no-Sudou-senpai? Who knows! :D

Yeah obviously, Suou-san wouldn't have become a meijin if it were that easy to perfect his game in the first place, right?

When you put it like that, she really is a lucky person lol. I never really spared too much thought into this, as you can see.

That's a pity, hopefully her life circumstances will give her an equally powerful game unbeknownst to the world of karuta!

Lol, looks like his sadism is quite contagious... Don't go making crazy deals like he would xD.

Dec 19, 2019 12:53 AM

Feb 2011
Other awesome episode: more like training of getting to know of your opponent's strategies: it's funny to see Chihaya personating Suo's personality for her to get in teh groove, even outside of playing a virtual matches as well: Chihaya can be really silly, lol When Arata got a call from Chihaya when she shouted for congratulating his victory was hilirious, she was loud that Arata have to pull the cell phone away from his ear: while Chihaya was telling Arata that Harada will defeat him, taichi pulled her phone over to wish him luck ( it really made Arata happy, good Taichi, you know how to encourage your friend while Chihaya was saying the opposite: she so naive in many ways, why can she say the truth: she wants to cheer for them both but unfornately for her her team and teh society victory comes first: but Arata is okay with it , he doesn't expect for her to cheer for him in every way... ( even so, it would bring Arata to the fullest if she gives him teh best charm as it yet)... I guess we have to see and wait, hehe.

Yes the challenger match is coming up next: OMG ARATA LOOKS SO GORGEOUS WITH HIS HAKAMA: SEEING THSI FIRST TIME IN ANIME FORM IS SUCH A WONDERFUL BONUS FRO US FANS. That's so cute when Arata first appear to the stage he pat her head and brought her into the light (she remembers Arata's words as a child he's one step closer of reaching out his dream, that brought her tears of joy whiole looking at Arata coolest pose: I'M SO CHEERING OF MY BOY ALL THE WAY!!! It's finally here Arata vs Harada here we come. :)
Dec 19, 2019 4:40 AM

May 2014
Loved Chihaya's impersonation of the master.
Dec 19, 2019 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
@sweetangie: My Arata Soulmate! <3

We are the only ones rooting for the World 4 Sports! Sensei made him wear a champion's outfit way back in those days. It holds so many powerful meanings given his connection with Karuta. That "Karuta is a proper sport". That "his entire world is for Karuta".

Everytime I see him in that outfit makes my root for him in Karuta even more! Loved the transition of Arata's voice from the younger version to the older version! Goosebumps that I got!

@_MushiRock11_: I actually used to be a Class-A sadist, haha! And there are some edgy deals I followed up with my friends growing up! Good times!
Coronavirus.
Dec 19, 2019 9:45 AM
Apr 2018
shanimebib said:
Mayuka said:
i love how sometimes this show has nothing going on except monologue but it manages to make my eyes tear up

Kipo0007 said:

OMG! When I was reading the chapters, I really did not see some of these things. I mean who would? If anyone said they did, they are pretty much psychic! And I have a feeling you are talking about the "other" one! Haha!

_MushiRock11_ said:

Oh so you were talking about that foreshadowing, well that was quite subtle and have to be a very absorbed viewer with envisioning abilities to see that one. But since i have read the manga i could fortunately.
But the one i thought you were talking about is something else, more on the soon to be coming special event. *cough*. i think you got it xD

Arata looked so cool. He was like the last person i waiting to see in a hakama.and i wasnt disappointed and harada sensei as well. So hard too root for both.

Dec 19, 2019 9:51 AM
Apr 2018
shanimebib said:
Mayuka said:

Kipo0007 said:

_MushiRock11_ said:

Oh so you were talking about that foreshadowing, well that was quite subtle and have to be a very absorbed viewer with envisioning abilities to see that one. But since i have read the manga i could fortunately.
But the one i thought you were talking about is something else, more on the soon to be coming special event. *cough*. i think you got it xD

Arata looked so cool. He was like the last person i waiting to see in a hakama.and i wasnt disappointed and harada sensei as well. So hard too root for both.

sweetangie said:
Other awesome episode: more like training of getting to know of your opponent's strategies: it's funny to see Chihaya personating Suo's personality for her to get in teh groove, even outside of playing a virtual matches as well: Chihaya can be really silly, lol When Arata got a call from Chihaya when she shouted for congratulating his victory was hilirious, she was loud that Arata have to pull the cell phone away from his ear: while Chihaya was telling Arata that Harada will defeat him, taichi pulled her phone over to wish him luck ( it really made Arata happy, good Taichi, you know how to encourage your friend while Chihaya was saying the opposite: she so naive in many ways, why can she say the truth: she wants to cheer for them both but unfornately for her her team and teh society victory comes first: but Arata is okay with it , he doesn't expect for her to cheer for him in every way... ( even so, it would bring Arata to the fullest if she gives him teh best charm as it yet)... I guess we have to see and wait, hehe.

Yes the challenger match is coming up next: OMG ARATA LOOKS SO GORGEOUS WITH HIS HAKAMA: SEEING THSI FIRST TIME IN ANIME FORM IS SUCH A WONDERFUL BONUS FRO US FANS. That's so cute when Arata first appear to the stage he pat her head and brought her into the light (she remembers Arata's words as a child he's one step closer of reaching out his dream, that brought her tears of joy whiole looking at Arata coolest pose: I'M SO CHEERING OF MY BOY ALL THE WAY!!! It's finally here Arata vs Harada here we come. :)

I am glad taichi is slowly warming upto arata again and same for arata, both really respect each other. just have their differences.

Chihaya was more like at loss for words seeing aratas determination and more so seeing him in a hakama for the first time.She was like "WOW" xD
Dec 19, 2019 2:29 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
I actually used to be a Class-A sadist, haha! And there are some edgy deals I followed up with my friends growing up! Good times!

Right, and making Sudo-senpai giving a run for his money in the process I imagine. I’ve only got praises in mind now lol.

Dec 20, 2019 2:47 PM

Dec 2014
ok preparation of the finals.... this was nice.... I want arata to win...but just want that master to lose already
Dec 20, 2019 11:05 PM

Feb 2011
@shanimebib Oh yes, exactly like you said: when it comes to ARATA, we stick together like glue, our excitement for Arata just NEVER STOPS: IT JUST GETS OVERLY INTENSE THAT IT FEELS GOOD, LOL!!!! Come to think of it, Arata is wearing the same hakama his grandpa worn when he entered inside of Omi Jingu: playing his championship tournaments as Meijin ( then later became "Eternal Meijin"): Arata feels by wearing his " ultimate sportsmanship uniform" gives him power and strength to play his matches with everything he has: and most importantly, Arata feels his grandpa's presence is very nearby watching him right beside him ( his most beloved sensei giving him his "blessing" to his greatest victory): like Arata imagine him how his grandpa would react seeing Arata playing his best at the first match (aww, how cute!!): note, spoilers for ep 13 I believe since this image is from ch 117 that will be animated:

Now Arata has turned his dream into a promise the moment he steps in the field where he's getting closer of reaching out his "ultimate dream" becoming a reality: funny in how having Arata looking at Chihaya's eye at each other express their message across without words: Chihaya can really hear Arata's inner voice reaching out her ears just by having eye contact: THAT'S SO POWERFUL INDEED!!!!

@Kipo0007; oh yes Chihaya was stunned as she saw Arata wearing a Hakama: she can't let her eyes off of him: OMG, HE'S SO COOL, OH YES!!!!! XD
sweetangieDec 20, 2019 11:56 PM
Dec 21, 2019 12:04 PM

Sep 2017
Love Chihaya so much. Her Sou imitation was hilarious. Quite like the struggle Mom has with the balance of Karuta versus being a good mom. Gonna be some good games next ep.
Dec 21, 2019 2:07 PM

Feb 2008
Harada is clearly a man of great ambition...

On another note, Suo's demeanour suits Chihaya quite a bit more than her regular demeanour.
Dec 22, 2019 7:43 AM

Jun 2015
The clear similarities between Harada-sensei and Inokuma. They're past their prime. Harada-sensei is still fully dedicated toward karuta while Inokuma is having a dilemma on whether to drop her karuta for her family. Just like how life is, eh?

I haven't watched Chihayafuru S3 since episode 01. I stacked up the episode to marathon and now I reached its final aired episode. I have a problem with its pace at episode 01 and I was afraid that they're in a rush for such a good series. But boy, episode 02 got back on track very quickly and it accomplished its usual high quality.

Now that I have finished episode 11, the more I feel miserable on how the series scored at 7/10. I do a rough count, but without all those bots, the score will be around 8.60~8.70, which is insane and very deserving.

Well, Chihayafuru only have a small community compared to others, but the fact that we actually love the series and not filled with bandwagons like others is at least a good thing for me. A hidden gem for us all, isn't it?
Dec 23, 2019 1:32 PM

Jun 2015
it's time for the big showdown
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 25, 2019 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
Man, I think I've realized why I'm slowly liking Chihayafuru less: it's become more "sports anime" and less "coming of age/slice of life" :( This was a great episode and I liked it a lot more than the last one - Chihaya and Taichi "acting" like Suou and Arata ... all for Harada! Man, I love him - he's so intent on his dream and is using everyone to support him. You go! Not to mention Inokuma's "my life as a mom vs my dream career" metaphor was pretty on the nose, but it worked out once Oe taught her the kimono trick - you can have both! :P It seems pretty clear she's going to win the Queen challenger since we haven't really seen anything of Megumu at all. Excellent set up episode and what can I say, I'm missing the karuta club kids as we just get tournament after tournament ... >_<
Apr 6, 2020 9:29 AM

Apr 2016
Imitating Suo Hisashi's layout huh? Doesn't sound like an easy task.

Lmao the cousin's reaction to Chihaya. Also I noticed she's copying Suo's speaking habits. Good stuff.

Man Inokuma's predicament really hit home. It's tough managing to compete while also looking after your children. Arata looks stunning in that kimono. It complements his dark hair nicely.
Apr 7, 2020 11:58 PM

May 2016
LOL

I don't come to Chihayafuru for the humor, but this episode was hilarious.
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Feb 8, 2021 11:06 PM

Apr 2014
lol the moments where they imitated their personalities as well were so funny. man i love Taichi, i really hope by the end of this series that he's happy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2021 1:44 AM

Aug 2018
Now if...this is going to be interesting, good chapter.
PS: I loved when Chihaya and Taichi imitate Suo and Arata hahaha xD
Apr 19, 2021 5:43 AM

Aug 2015
I am always impressed by the variety of players in this anime. We don't just have fit high school students, but mothers, middle-aged people...

Looking forward to future games, ganbare Arata!
Jul 15, 2021 2:06 AM

Jul 2015
Gotta love how Harada just basically admitted the Shiranami Society exists as preparation for him to become a Master. Hilarious to see Taichi and Chihaya not only copying the card placement of Suo and Arata but also their behaviour.

Oct 6, 2021 10:48 PM

Feb 2019
Hype! Go Harada-sensei go! Show them age doesn't hold you back! Show them what hard work and experience can bring!

Chihaya trying to imitate Suo was so hilarious, and Taichi's failed attempt to imitate Arata (mostly through trying to copy his dialect) lol

Ah, my eyes were watery watching Inokuma-san. She's slowly grown on me since she first appeared. The struggles of motherhood, age, and her dreams. I guess it doesn't just apply to karuta. I could really feel how she felt so hopeless, confused, and just overwhelmed when Jin started crying. Glad that Kana-chan's mother came by and helped her feed her baby through a kimono.

Her business chance line was hilarious though lol

GO HARADA-SENSEI!
Apr 19, 2023 7:57 AM

Jul 2016
Chihaya seriously copied Suo's thing of giving treats to Class A players LMAO

They kept foreshadowing something about Dr. Harada's knees but I hope he still fights like a bear, especially against freakin Arata.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.