Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2019 9:50 AM

Jul 2019
I personally prefer the Black Chapter arc, which introduced really cool powers (the zones) even though I feel like they were underused. Sensui in my opinion is also a more interesting villain than Toguro. I also preferred the format of the arc instead of it being a simple tournament. I'd be glad to hear your thoughts on the subject.
Apr 29, 2021 5:39 PM

Mar 2021
As a whole, the Dark Tournament arc, but the early parts of the Chapter Black are the peak of Yu Yu Hakusho for me.
May 1, 2021 2:45 AM

Oct 2020
Start of Chapter black is amazing.I love the introduction to the arc.The last part of chapter black is kinda meh with yusuke power up against sensui but still hype tho.As a whole i still preferred chapter black and yeah i agree with sensui is more interesting than Toguro.

May 6, 2021 1:55 AM
Apr 2020
Changes daily for me. The first encounters against Sensui and his gang (The Doctor, fighting in the streets, chasing a truck with a bike) are all gold but the beginning and end have some mediocre parts. The Dark Tournament is consistently great, it’s just as iconic as Stardust Crusaders, Namek, and the Golden Age arcs from around the same era.
May 6, 2021 7:09 PM

Sep 2010
Recently I've been rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho with friends so both arcs are fairly fresh in my memory and I have to give it to Chapter Black. Dark Tournament is probably the best tournament arc in any series and amazing (to the point where my friends almost wanted to stop after it because they found it perfect and didn't think the show could have a better ending) but in Chapter Black the story goes harder, the power's are more interesting and psychological, and the animation goes harder. Both my friends and I agree that as good as the Dark Tournament is Chapter Black is better. However, we also agree that Toguro was a better villain than Sensui (but just barely)
Now, count up your sins!
May 8, 2021 2:46 PM

Jul 2019
Dark Tournament. It was fucking hype. Black Chapter arc almost made me drop the show. After going from the hypes shit ever to some weird shit. Like it felt stupid that Yuusuke defeated the universes strongest mofo then he loses to some random high schoolers with obscure powers. It feels stupid.
Nov 19, 2022 7:26 PM
Mar 2013
DARK TOURNAMENT because it is directly one of the best Battle Shonen arcs.

In general I like Black Chapter a lot. It has an incredible beginning; until Kubawara vs Seaman. After that, the level goes down a lot; the final battle with Sensui is disappointing and also this saga contains two aspects that I hate:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 75 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 16, 2009

26 by Xeehad »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 112 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarthDaimyo - Jun 7, 2010

125 by bubba460z »»
Yesterday, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 95 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

23 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 71 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 14, 2009

32 by Xeehad »»
Apr 16, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DarthDaimyo - Dec 9, 2009

53 by Xeehad »»
Apr 16, 5:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.