Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2019 6:37 PM

Jun 2019
I lived near the beach when I was about 5 until 7. During that time I thought that when my feet sunk in the "wet sand" by the waves, I was being eaten by the beach. I had no problem with "being eaten" but I would not let my parents near the water because I did not want them to sink in and be eaten.

Do you have any weird beliefs you held as a kid that you can remember?

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 14, 2019 6:43 PM

Aug 2009
That women were as pure as the driven snow.

Fuck you Disney.

Dec 14, 2019 7:18 PM

Apr 2018
I come from a place where mystic plays a big part on daily lifes so there are a lot of my childhood beliefs that are passed through grneration and I find doesn't make any sense as I grow up.

Some examples
1. If you are stepping on someone foot, you must let him stepping on yours in return or your mother will die.
2. If you eat until nothing left on your plate, you will get a beautiful wife.
3. If you sit on a pillow you'll get a boil on your butt.

As I grow up, I understand that they all have depper massage.
1. Don't hurt others if you don't want to get hurt.
2. You must appreciate the food and people who make it.
3. You must sit equally with others. This is a reference to the proverb 'Berdiri sama tinggi, duduk sama rendah' that has a meaning of equality.
Dec 14, 2019 7:30 PM
Feb 2017
Kissing=pregnant. I think we all thought that.
Dec 14, 2019 7:47 PM

Jul 2017
your lifespan gets reduced if you peek at girls' bodies without their permission
starring at poopoo is bad for your eyesight
drinking milk makes you tall
Dec 14, 2019 7:49 PM

Aug 2010
Everything in life was guaranteed and there is no need to think or work hard as everything will fall nicely into place (e.g. start working immediately after graduation, get married effortlessly).
Post Office
Collection
Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2019 7:58 PM

Feb 2018
As a child i was a retard, still am but in smaller quantity.
I thought the "horsepower" of a car was a group of mini-horse inside the car.

BlakexEkalb said:
lol, remember this. Teachers and principals used this tactic to avoid those situations in school. although in the long term it was no use haha.
Dec 14, 2019 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
For some reason I thought the "USED" in "Used Cars" was an acronym. U.S.E.D. Cars. Have no idea what I thought it stood for though.
Dec 14, 2019 8:32 PM

Oct 2014
wasn't really a belief rather than just being a dumb, misinformed kid. when i was like 6 i knew my uncle was a veteran and was in a war when he was younger, and being an American, the most popular war that i knew about was the civil war (idk how it wasn't ww2), and so i thought my uncle was a civil war veteran and used to tell my other 6 year old friends about it. it wasn't until 2 years later that i had learned my uncle was clearly not 150+ years old.
Dec 14, 2019 8:32 PM

May 2013
That there would be candy in my uncle's basement.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Dec 14, 2019 8:35 PM

Aug 2014
When I was very young, I believed that Barney the dinosaur was real...but not scientifically accurate.

Dec 14, 2019 9:41 PM

May 2019
I believed women were basically futa
And the notion didn't disgust me, let us say
Dec 15, 2019 1:20 AM

Mar 2008
I used to believe I could be happy...
Dec 15, 2019 1:33 AM

Jul 2016
That staring at a TV for too long would give you square eyes. I used to think it would be cool to have square eyes so it actually increased my time spent watching TV.
Dec 15, 2019 2:03 AM

Jun 2012
My dad had me convinced I would be drafted into wwIII at 18 and killed on the battlefield. Cannonfodder is the word he used.
OchimushaDec 15, 2019 2:08 AM
Dec 15, 2019 3:55 AM

Jun 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
I actually did not think that, but I thought having a girlfriend/boyfriend automatically meant you were pregnant.

Freshell said:
I believed women were basically futa
And the notion didn't disgust me, let us say

So would you say you went through the realization that girls do not have dicks?
Maybe Freud was right after all...
BakchosDec 15, 2019 4:00 AM

Dec 15, 2019 8:51 AM

Oct 2017
In primary school I believed if we said mean things or used bad language that the teachers would wash our mouths out with soap. I mean... that's what they told us so I had pretty good reason to believe it lol.

Here's a really crazy one for you.

I have no idea how old I was, but I have a pretty vivid memory of going in to the downstairs toilet (toilet room, bathroom, whatever) several times and, for several minutes at a time, standing up motionless with my trousers down imagining that aliens were telepathically telling me to do so because they were interested in looking at my dick.

It feels really wierd to type that out and think about it. One can't be sure if it's actual memories or imagined shit because it's been proven we all have tons of false memories of our childhood. Either way I think I've always had a pretty wild imagination lol...
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Dec 15, 2019 9:09 AM

May 2019
Bakchos said:

Yes, I would say so. What does this imply about me, Bakky?
Dec 15, 2019 9:25 AM

Nov 2013
Bakchos said:
I had no problem with "being eaten"
I see this is how the vore fetish manifests.

I use to be religious, so that came with all kinds of weird things.
I also used to think babies came from the mothers anus and were pooped out into the toilet.

I can see you

Dec 15, 2019 11:54 AM
May 2016
Girls pee out of their butts. My friend said I was wrong and asked some random girl if she pees out of her butt, to prove it to me.
Dec 15, 2019 12:10 PM

Jul 2017
BlakexEkalb said:

hahahaha true, true.............
Dec 15, 2019 12:14 PM
Feb 2017
OH I just remembered I use tot hobo girls had penises as well, and when they gave birth it came out of the penis hole(?).
Dec 15, 2019 12:21 PM

Sep 2018
I thought pirates irl were like pirates portrayed in media like with patchy from Spongebob.
I also believed Egypt was nothing, but a desert with almost no plants.
Dec 15, 2019 12:22 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
I used to think that my mother had hidden cameras around my old house. I was like 7-8 at the time, and I had done something I wasn't supposed to: a few minutes later, my mom comes and asks me about it. When I asked her how she knew, she smiled and said she had cameras all over the place.

Well, as we were moving, some 3 years later, I asked where they were. She seemed puzzled at first, then burst out laughing that she had just joked about it. Apparently, "mother's intuition" was how she knew.

Not really weird, but funny lol.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Dec 15, 2019 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
I used to believe the reason for lightning is God tripping over his feet while trying to carry a bucket of water. The bucket water falls as rain. The lightning noise caused by God falling. God is so heavy that he cracked the sky. We get to see heaven's light from the crack.

Also another thing I believed was signing marriage paper gets you pregnant.
removed-userDec 15, 2019 12:30 PM
Dec 15, 2019 12:28 PM

Nov 2018
I thought walls were just paint and nothing else
Dec 15, 2019 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
My parents and teachers told me that I could be anything I wanted to be. So I thought that I could be a pilot or an astronaut. I also believed in God and still do so to some that might seem a silly thing.

Bakchos said:
I lived near the beach when I was about 5 until 7. During that time I thought that when my feet sunk in the "wet sand" by the waves, I was being eaten by the beach. I had no problem with "being eaten" but I would not let my parents near the water because I did not want them to sink in and be eaten.

Do you have any weird beliefs you held as a kid that you can remember?

My sister was like this. Only she thought that she would slide off of the pavement into the road and get eaten by it.

FacelessVixen said:

Fuck you Disney.

Didn't we all lol. Good thing we have MGTOW now to expose the truth.

BlakexEkalb said:

I know one girl who my best friend at school was dating. He kissed her younger sister and she got mad and said that they had sex. She believed that kissing was sex. She was about 14 at the time. Her little sister was 13.
Dec 15, 2019 1:54 PM
Feb 2017
FlowersInTheRain said:

I know one girl who my best friend at school was dating. He kissed her younger sister and she got mad and said that they had sex. She believed that kissing was sex. She was about 14 at the time. Her little sister was 13.

Ah the silly innocence of youth....
Dec 15, 2019 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
That I believed I would go to a good school and would never get bullied T_T
Dec 16, 2019 1:14 PM

Dec 2019
FacelessVixen said:

Fuck you Disney.

^ This about made me pee.

I used to think there was a disembodied hand living behind my grandparents deep freeze. I quit believing in Santa when I was 7, but the hand thing went on for a while longer than I’d care to admit.
Dec 16, 2019 1:50 PM

May 2013
That there was a hidden fourth Bowser boss in Mario 64.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 16, 2019 3:53 PM

Aug 2009
FlowersInTheRain said:
FacelessVixen said:

Fuck you Disney.

...Yeah, I like pussy too much to go full incel.

Dec 16, 2019 4:01 PM

Jun 2019
MasterGlyth said:
Bakchos said:
I had no problem with "being eaten"
I see this is how the vore fetish manifests.

To each their own fetishes, man. At least I am not balloon guy.

Dec 16, 2019 4:20 PM

Feb 2019
Freshell said:
Bakchos said:

Damn, Fresh. I wish to one day be as woke as you, fighting for intersex recognition since a kid.
Dec 16, 2019 4:49 PM

May 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Freshell said:

Damn, Fresh. I wish to one day be as woke as you, fighting for intersex recognition since a kid.

Yes. That's what I was doing. And me dreaming about muscular men showering at the gym as a kid was me recognizing the importance of good health and cleanliness.
I was born very woke. Some people have to strive for it. I was just lucky.
Dec 16, 2019 6:36 PM

Sep 2018
not mine but a friend of mine's little brother.

He thought that America is a native to black people just because Obama was the president. Had a good time mocking him back then.
Official account of the Eastern Roman Empire
Dec 16, 2019 6:39 PM

Mar 2018
I thought that one can walk on top of the clouds and that tanks could drive up the walls...

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Dec 16, 2019 8:41 PM

Mar 2015
i thought having lights on in the car was illegal
Dec 16, 2019 8:44 PM

Dec 2019
baby said:
i thought having lights on in the car was illegal
...don’t feel bad. I thought that until about 5 seconds ago. I’m googling this lol
Dec 16, 2019 8:52 PM

Jun 2014
I thought that Ireland was a U.S. state for some reason, and that Native Americans came from India, hence why they were called Indians.

I thought Mexico was nothing but desert and everyone wore sombreros and that they were all cowboys.

Perhaps my weirdest belief was that T.V. shows were real but existed in alternative universes, and we were catching glimpses into the lives of real people who were unaware of us.
Dec 16, 2019 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
FacelessVixen said:
FlowersInTheRain said:

Are you a purple pill man too? Because that is what I am classed as.
Dec 16, 2019 11:21 PM

May 2014
I believed that if i stayed in the bath for too long i'd turn into a fish.
Dec 17, 2019 12:04 AM

Aug 2009
FlowersInTheRain said:
FacelessVixen said:

Okay, you've lost me with the pill thing. I haven't seen The Matrix enough times to remember which is which, and now I just have that song by D12 in my head.

Dec 17, 2019 12:32 AM

Dec 2019
FacelessVixen said:
FlowersInTheRain said:

Okay, you've lost me with the pill thing. I haven't seen The Matrix enough times to remember which is which, and now I just have that song by D12 in my head.
I pretty sure purple pill man is jargon from that weird ass Manosphere group.
Dec 17, 2019 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
FacelessVixen said:
FlowersInTheRain said:

I remember that song (didn’t even click the link lol). I’m talking about MGTOW purple pill. A red pill man is MGTOW. A blue pill man is unaware of MGTOW. A purple pill man is a mix. He is aware of MGTOW and the true nature of women yet he chooses to still marry a woman despite fully knowing the risks and that everything is stacked against him. Being a Christian is the primary reason for me being Purple Pill.

Dec 17, 2019 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
I used to believe that praying will solve all my problems in this world because my country's soap opera taught me that bullshit.
Dec 17, 2019 5:23 AM
May 2017
I thought that authors wrote each copy of their books separately and did it by hand. I also thought that Dragons actually existed but were just extinct.
Dec 17, 2019 10:43 AM

Jan 2009
that faith healing works well sort of since the placebo effect exist but its not reliable at all
Dec 18, 2019 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
TOOX said:
PinkyStone said:
I used to believe that praying will solve all my problems in this world because my country's soap opera taught me that bullshit.

are you from india, indonesia or philipines?

because i believed that shit too

The most religious country known as Indo ofc, feel bad for people who still believe that bullshit lmao.
Dec 18, 2019 7:41 AM

Apr 2014
I thought that kissing was sex.

That movies were real events that took place and there just happened to be a camera there filming it.

I also thought that women pushed babies out through their ass.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - 33 minutes ago

1 by cody »»
5 minutes ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 3 hours ago

8 by BenjaminJunior »»
10 minutes ago

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

28 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Apr 19

25 by Noboru »»
16 minutes ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

40 by Archean-Return »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.