Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 16, 2019 5:44 PM

Nov 2019
oh my god lmfaoooo the whole second page is just me so far oops
As y'all can see this 10//10 fucking holy ass episode had me very hype an impressed
The animation was honestly eyegasm worthy
Luffy's rage scene has to be the best scene in Wano so far it even beat Zoro's snapping with that lil butter knife
Looking forward to next week's episode all though I think luffy's epicness is about to run out real fast because...
This man KAIDO!!!
Will see O.O
Dec 16, 2019 7:36 PM

Jun 2007
I don’t know about the manga, but pacing felt fine.
The episode was beyond incredible! Great fight and animation.
I couldn’t believe we were getting so much! I’m super stoked for next weeks episode.
I only wish Law would join >_< but he’s too collected for that... “we need to stick to the plan” kind of attitude. But I so want to see him fiiiiight, specially with Luffy being so heated!
Wano has been beyond incredible (:
Dec 16, 2019 7:40 PM

Jun 2007
Also. I refuse to believe Tama is dead. There is just no way.
Specially since I thought she would play a bigger role with her devil fruit power...
Dec 17, 2019 12:42 PM
Sep 2013
Quinof said:
Drusix said:

Hahahahahaha yeah sure. This animation was like Black Clover animation.
You've been watching anime for years, and still can't tell apart good animation from bad? I'm sorry, but someone with eyes as unkeen as yours, should refrain from ever judging animation.

https://imgur.com/a/vjtaUNI HAHAHAHAH yeah best animation I have ever seen. At one moment it wasn't even animation it was just few frames per 5 seconds. Are you blind or something?
Dec 17, 2019 12:52 PM
Sep 2013
Light-Yagami-God said:
Broooooooo tf!!!! , It doesn't even feel like Im watching one piece. The animation in this episode was a masterpiece.

https://imgur.com/a/vjtaUNI Oh yes! This details! So beautiful! Masterpiece!
Dec 17, 2019 12:56 PM
Sep 2013
Tygenki said:
Natsu88 said:
In some way I'm just glad to be an anime only watcher. For me it didn't seem like Kaido had any problems even when he took all of these hits. I mean Luffy attacked him with everything he got in pure rage mode + Kaido was still drunk, so I have no complains about how the fight went so far. Luffy was out of breath at some point while Kaido was chilln. So I don't get how people can interpret something so wrong. Also if you look at the name for the next episode you know what's about to happen.

Animation was absolute crazy. Some people really should check their eyes before complaining about something gorgeous like that. Overall I absolutely love the animation in Wano but that was definitely one of those moments which is just on another level.

The first elephant gun looked so good good damn. Everything got so detailed over all these years since I watch One Piece. If you compare this with older episodes you could think you're watching another show.

Poor Speed. I didn't expect Kaido to attack her and Tama on his way. After Luffy heard what happened to Tama he got even more furious. The music which played before he attacked Kaido with his Elephant Gatling Gun + the Flashback of Tama went so well together.

This got me so hyped. I don't even know how often I said OMG or holy shit during this episode :D

5/5

I'm also a anime only watcher and UGHHHHHHHH this episode was so amaaaaazzzziiiing
I as well got so hyped the fucking animation was as you aid so detailed it was honestly holy

https://imgur.com/a/vjtaUNI YEAH! so detailed animation... yeah whatever man.
Dec 17, 2019 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
Ugh, they used that sloppy style of animation that I really dislike for the start of the fight. I know a lot of people love it since it's similar to how Trigger and Gainax do it. The first half was pretty damn slow, second half was better. Still doesn't seem like it had a lot of effect on Kaidou, without Gear 4 Luffy probably won't do much.
Dec 17, 2019 1:53 PM
Sep 2013
Quinof said:
Drusix said:

https://imgur.com/a/vjtaUNI HAHAHAHAH yeah best animation I have ever seen. At one moment it wasn't even animation it was just few frames per 5 seconds. Are you blind or something?
Yes, that part especially, was very well animated. It's a style of animation that barely any animator can do, it's insanely aesthetic and fluid. Just like in the Naruto vs. Pain fight, they put an insane amount of effort into making it almost entirely using that high-level animation, yet there were a bunch of idiots saying how the animation was bad. This just shows how unkeen your eyes are and how ignorant you are regarding animation.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah :D Now I just know that you are just baiting me :D Nobody that is sane would say that Pain vs Naruto was well animeted. I guess you will love animation in Black Clover than. Best low budget anime you will ever see. And I will go back to watching this bad animations from Kimetsu no Yaiba, Fate/Stay Night UBW and other bad anime. And this stale of animation you are talking about has a name. It's called "Hurry up! We have no time to draw any details! We already have to think about next week episode so make it quick."
DrusixDec 17, 2019 1:58 PM
Dec 17, 2019 3:02 PM

Nov 2019
Drusix said:
Tygenki said:

I'm also a anime only watcher and UGHHHHHHHH this episode was so amaaaaazzzziiiing
I as well got so hyped the fucking animation was as you aid so detailed it was honestly holy

so you just gonna ignore luffy's elphant gun soaring through the sky
yeah whatever man. LMAO what a bum
Dec 18, 2019 12:43 AM
Sep 2013
Tygenki said:
Drusix said:

And you will just ignore the rest of the fight and that animation wasn't even smooth in half of this episode? Just watch it again and you will see, that in few situations animation is like in 15 fps. Just because you like One Piece you will change reality?
Dec 18, 2019 5:49 PM
Dec 2019
Drusix said:
Tygenki said:

And you will just ignore the rest of the fight and that animation wasn't even smooth in half of this episode? Just watch it again and you will see, that in few situations animation is like in 15 fps. Just because you like One Piece you will change reality?

Watch this before you judge the episode. The episode is pretty stacked of big names animator such as Hirotaka Ito and a freaking Katsumi Ishizuka the GOAT!

That clip you mention it came from Bahi JD and RON DESEO animation for godsake. They were from Bones and Black clover animators and they highly praise their animation for being simplistic style like GAINAX and Trigger. TOEI can buy any animators they want and i highly doubt they can buy Ufotable/Demon slayer animator next time and see you can call them a trash when they do One Piece at TOEI. That's the reality boomer.
MichaelAmpaoDec 20, 2019 7:44 AM
Dec 18, 2019 10:40 PM

Feb 2015
Visuals were great, the elephant gun over Kaido’s face was spectacular, and the animation was very fluid through the fight. I know Luffy is angry, but, hand to hand, there’s no chance against Kaido, even Jack and Hawkins are there.
Dec 18, 2019 11:08 PM
Oct 2018
yo OP tripping BALLS. solid 4/5 episode
Dec 20, 2019 7:31 AM

Mar 2015
Okay this episode was hella awesome! Screw buildup, Luffy's going straight for Kaido lmaoooo
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 20, 2019 7:59 AM

Aug 2018
I’m caught up to date with the manga, however this episode was still very awesome to watch. I see a lot of angry manga readers out there saying the fight wasn’t exactly like in the manga, but I think we need to wait till next episode to judge wether or not they handled the fight right.

Never the less, the episode was very epic :D
Dec 20, 2019 1:16 PM

Jul 2008
Holy shit, when Luffy gets pissed, the animation quality goes off the charts.
Dec 21, 2019 9:57 AM

Dec 2014
ok the fight broke out...this just got more and more epic
Dec 22, 2019 3:22 AM

Jul 2019
Drusix said:
Quinof said:
You've been watching anime for years, and still can't tell apart good animation from bad? I'm sorry, but someone with eyes as unkeen as yours, should refrain from ever judging animation.

Oh no its retarded
Dec 22, 2019 5:03 AM
Sep 2013
VP2003boi said:
Drusix said:

Oh no its retarded

Oh come on! Did you watch episode 915? Can you see the difference? It's like 914 was made by someone else.
Dec 22, 2019 6:30 AM

Jul 2019
Drusix said:
VP2003boi said:

Oh no its retarded

Oh come on! Did you watch episode 915? Can you see the difference? It's like 914 was made by someone else.
well they probably had because there are different animators to each episode and most likely diferent directors, but the animation is extremely good in both episodes.
What pissed me off the most was you using a frame of a sakuga moment FROM FUCKING BAHI JD (a guy known for his extremely diferent artstyle and animation so fluid that some people say its rotoscope) to prove that the animation was bad, thats what was the more "retarded" thing i was talking about. Do you really want me to show you one sakuga frame from any ufotable show, where a characters looks thats its not that well drawn? Get some knowlodge about what actually animation is, go see some of the top cuts in sakugabooru, or just watch random ones, so you get to understand what animation styles are, what is the diference between artwork and actual animation, etc.
Dec 22, 2019 12:13 PM

Nov 2017
Magnificent episode!

The beginning of the fight between Luffy and Kaido is CRAZY!
Dec 22, 2019 10:36 PM

Aug 2009
Better than the manga chapter.
Dec 28, 2019 5:20 AM

Jul 2013
I must say, I really like what I'm seeing, like visually, it's stunning. Toei can pull this off from time to time
Jan 18, 2020 2:48 PM

Feb 2013
Luffy is kicking his ass!
Jan 23, 2020 6:01 AM

Sep 2011
Anime apologists come up with the weirdest excuses... What a delusional bunch. Enjoying the anime is one thing, but coming up with defenses like “What more could Toei do waaaaah” is pathetic. This was a slightly above average episode but still a shitty one nonetheless. Nothing to lose sleep about. Well, back to the manga I go~
We Were Here, Two Thousand Years Ago
Jan 30, 2020 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
The music and animation were crazy. Luffy will get trashed on the next episode. Kaido may be receiving the enraged gear 3rd elephant Gatling gun treatment but, of course, I don't think it will yield any benefit. I doubt the attacks are even damaging him. More like they're on the level of a mosquito bite. He is the strongest creature in the world for a reason. Naturally, his endurance would need to take extremely powerful attacks in order to break. No offense to Luffy, I am sure his punches hurt a lot. But for Kaido? An emperor with a thick skin? You are not on that level yet boy.

Poor Tama. An innocent little sapling like her sure is unlucky to run into Kaido of all people. I am even more surprised by Speed. Just how strong is Tama's powers to make Speed raise her weapon against Kaido? I know her powers is basically taming creatures. But to a point of extreme loyalty that requires you to attack even Kaido if the situation calls for it? That's crazy.
Jan 31, 2020 2:23 PM
Oct 2012
Is this the episode where Luffy spends 3 minutes doing a punch?
Mar 28, 2020 8:45 AM
Jun 2015
Luffy here just laying the smackdown on Kaido's candy ass :P
Mar 31, 2020 9:45 AM

Jan 2013
Now this is what we've needed for a while.
Animation was top notch, felt very fluid.

The punch from above felt so satisfying!

Tama's not dead, there's no way, same with the crew.
PrOxAntoMar 31, 2020 9:51 AM
Apr 23, 2020 2:44 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit this was great o.o

Though In terms of speed luffy should have the upper hand. But power kaido has the raw sheer power. Anything could happen but at least kaido is a easy target no way to miss that giant as dragon body.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 30, 2020 2:07 PM
May 2020
The most hard to believe about this movie is that Luffy kept that stick in his mouth THE ENTIRE TIME!

OH wait... he lost in the final clash.... ._.
1KonochiJun 30, 2020 2:18 PM
Aug 26, 2020 6:10 PM
Dec 2014
The fight was visually good but since Dressrosa the anime have a problem with power level sometimes they makes Luffy look to weak and sometimes they makes him look overpower.In this episode they made Luffy look on part with Kaido power.When you see Kaido expression when he was clashing with Luffy you see that he put some effort in the fight.
Sep 2, 2020 8:52 PM

Jun 2016
It's hard not to view this episode in a functional light due to the dissonance of stakes between characters in-universe and our meta knowledge. I could be wrong, but I am assuming that everyone is okay. The gang may have been hurt but no way are they down for good, they will recover and be back in the action soon enough. Because of this, I am not worried but Luffy is and that triggers him to his near-maximum strength, regretful he wasn't enough and angry for his friends sake.

We have the perfect setup for motivated Luffy to lose round 1 against Kaido and set the stage for what is to come. It feels similar to Luffy versus Crocodile in that way.

It was certainly done well, I can never get enough of Luffy cutting straight to the heart of the matter. "If I kick his ass now, it's all over right?"
Oct 4, 2020 11:42 PM

Jul 2012
Great animation for One Piece on the last parts. I didn't really feel the impact of what's going through Luffy's mind. It didn't feel like Sabody even though I think that's what it's suppose to be like. Definitely felt the impact of the gatling technique
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Jan 25, 2021 5:11 AM

Mar 2016
This ep is completely breathtaking! The animation the OST and the fighting sequence are all so on point! The fated fight between Luffy and Kaido is now there right before our eyes! Hell yeah!

Even though I am a manga reader I still consider this an excellent fight, it's longer than what's shown in the manga, but that's because the anime is filling in the actions between the static panels of the manga.
Mar 16, 2021 4:49 PM

Jan 2010
I must say, this arc has been pretty crazy with its impact frames. There's been a lot of fluid displays of destructive animation.
Sep 2, 2021 6:49 AM

Jun 2019
Now... that was some episode. Holy fuckin' shit. I got chills down the spine.
Sep 7, 2021 10:29 PM

Aug 2021
Holy Fuck
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time
The Animation/Fight/OST everything was EPIC
Sep 17, 2021 10:19 PM

Sep 2015
Wow the gear 2nd sound effect sounds good, the animation of it too

Oh my god the animation as to how Luffy flown up to the sky and used his gear 3rd on Kaido has he dived down on him !

And more problems accumilating for Luffy, the burden he must shoulder.... This is too much to intake in for myself

This is just too intense!!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 5, 2022 2:06 PM

May 2017
95% of the comments are about the animating studio , 4% like me answer to other ppl , 1% actualy comment about the episode -_-"

to all the manga readers , go complains to toei , or keep reading

everyone is dead , well it's one piece so they aren't dead , but if they are , there's a girl that might be not dead and can travel in time , after 20 years (or maybe more) she probably learned how to travel back to time
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 14, 2022 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
this episode is truly amazing the best episode of the wano arc so far that first elephant gun was just too epic and I actually liked the tama flashbacks felt like they added more weight and the Animation is one of the best in one piece and kaido's dragon form looks too awesome
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:08 AM
Aug 11, 2022 9:28 PM

Jan 2021
The Animation goes so hard 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Aug 13, 2022 6:49 PM

Aug 2018
luffy throwing punches already xd
Sep 12, 2022 8:52 AM
Jan 2021
insane animations for the fight
Oct 14, 2022 7:54 PM
Dec 2021
kaido fight started 0_0
Nov 1, 2022 1:29 PM
Jan 2019
The fuck happened, I really thought that Luffy broke the power scaling for the whole episode 914-915
Dec 10, 2022 7:30 AM
Sep 2022
AWESOMEepisode and animation
LOVED IT ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🧡🧡🧡🧡💛💛💛💓💓
Mar 4, 2023 7:00 AM
Aug 2021
Bro I am speechless that episode was something else I felt like I was watching Dragon Ball Super for a second🔥🔥 The aura explosions Luffy giving Kaido the smoke like damn. Honestly, though, I feel like Kaido is going to say "Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world." because there is no way the man known as the KING OF BEAST will go down this easily. I think I may have to retract my previous statement that no one ever dies if Otama is really dead😔😔 I really thought bro was going to tap into a new form after hearing that news. The Elephant Gun combined with that gear Second went crazy bro the animations and special effects blew me away. 
Mar 20, 2023 3:50 PM

Jan 2021
The toothpick is immortal i guess
Roxy

Jun 25, 2023 2:09 PM
May 2017
bro idk what to tell you, this episode had more budget than the last 900 episodes combined
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

164 by Interius »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 360 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mulderman - Jul 4, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 359 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 26, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 899 Discussion ( 1 2 )

blank - Aug 24, 2019

54 by scarywolf143 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 358 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 23, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.