Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 15, 2019 12:28 AM

Jul 2017
Wait so they're adding extra details from other singularities to this adaptation. I like this.

Why do I feel like they're going to end at the conclusion of arc 1 and not just at the end of Babylonia.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Dec 15, 2019 12:49 AM

Aug 2009
KuroNavi said:
so we're about half way through now and i want to ask the same question i asked a while back, how closely does the anime follow the game? because i'm just so curious about the other singularities that aren't shown, i know there are 1 or 2 uh movie/ova? about them but that doesnt show ALL the singularities right?

and Gil's end reaction lol

The anime is almost a perfect adaptation story wise.

Changed content:

I dont remember others for now. But you dont miss out anything from Babylonia if that's what worries you.

As for the other singularities only Camelot, from where the flashback with Sherlock was from, is getting an adaptation as 2 movies.

Babylonia is connected only to two other Singularities: London, where King Solomon is revealed as the big bad after he obliterates our OP af party(what you saw in a previous flashback) and Camelot which makes you suspect Romani is hiding something and it introduces a character that will appear later in Babylonia. Well tbh he has already appeared at least twice in Babylonia but that was something even most players didnt realize.

The rest of the singularities arent needed at all to understand Babylonia.
Dec 15, 2019 12:59 AM

Apr 2013
lihle808 said:
That was anticlimactic ending to the fight. This sucks!

I hope Gilgamesh is dead for real.

Shit, I can't fucken believe I this still has 10 episodes. So help me holy one!

hahahahaahaha this guy with the Gilgamesh hate every week. Bro you're really not gonna get any sort of satisfaction when the real protagonist starts flexing at the end of the series.
Dec 15, 2019 2:49 AM

Mar 2016
Lel0uchZer0 said:
The fight in the beggining was amazing... it just debunks that stupid fight at the end of UBW even more...
The cliffhanger at the end WTH... gilgamesh kidnapped? Who in the world would be so suicidal
not really lol it reinforces the ubw fight even more cuz gilgamesh would never wanna give that much effort if it means shirou reminds him of enkidu in any way
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 15, 2019 3:12 AM

Aug 2009
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Aure0lin said:
not really it reinforces the ubw fight even more cuz gilgamesh would never wanna give that much effort if it means shirou reminds him of enkidu in any way

No not that but one of the things shirou specifically said is that gilgamesh sucks at close combat ... i know gil did not give 20% against shirou but the way the did the fight was stupid... when shirou broke gil's swords made no sense.. gilgamesh easily blocks that

Gil sucks at combat when compared to trained warriors like Cu, Artoria, Heracles etc.

Enkidu just like Gil isnt trained in wielding any weapon. They are still both above people that actually suck.

Shirou with abilities he gained from Archer + skills he copies from NP = non serious untrained Gil.

Shirou at his best is equal to someone that was never trained in using any weapon.

I dont get how that is hard to understand.
Dec 15, 2019 3:59 AM

Aug 2009
Lel0uchZer0 said:
ssjokg said:

Gil sucks at combat when compared to trained warriors like Cu, Artoria, Heracles etc.

Enkidu just like Gil isnt trained in wielding any weapon. They are still both above people that actually suck.

Shirou with abilities he gained from Archer + skills he copies from NP = non serious untrained Gil.

Shirou at his best is equal to someone that was never trained in using any weapon.

He is not tho. He showed in the fights against enkidu and if you want to ignore them fine... he also showed when attacked by mash and ana who are 100% better than shirou at this (and you can't tell me gilgamesh was serious fighting those 2.. he didn't even use his arms he just dodged everything with ease)
I know that this is the smallest plothole in that shitshow of a fight but it's still stupid

Neither Gil or Enkidu have shown skill on par with a knight trained with the sword.

Ana isnt trained and Mash is flailing around a big shield so even Galahad's skill doesnt count.

UBW shows that Gil can fight on par with someone(Archer) that developed fighting skill to fight a defensive battle against even trained knights of the round table.

How the hell do you get the idea that Gil and Enkidu are trained when all they did was the same thing we saw Shirou and Gil in UBW do?

Mordred, Artoria, Cu, Diarmuid, Lancelot, Siegfried, Achilles, Heracles,Karna, Chiron all of them are Servants that were taught how to fight with one or more weapons.

Gil and Enkidu are nowhere near them in skill with whatever weapon.Same goes for Shirou.

But plz show us something that proves that Gil has received training and is as skilled as the ones above. Clashing with another untrained individual doesnt make either of them professional swordsmen.

And it isnt a plothole just because you cant understand Gilgamesh.
Dec 15, 2019 4:38 AM

Aug 2017
Well, they cutted the Epic Gudao Kick, but i'm fine with that
Excelent episode, i wasnt expecting great things from him, but the direction as always proved that they do their best
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Dec 15, 2019 5:00 AM
Aug 2018
Mh, i don't really agree with the fact that taking the scene a bit more seriously failed. (The only fail was not showing the impact that is so lackluster and also cut Ishtar vs Quetz, weird cuts to be fair)

But i would have liked it more if Fujimaru said something stupid because that is part of the charm of the character in the game. He says stupid stuff all the time.

It seems they really DON'T want to make him shine even in his strong moments. Like come on. Let him use more his mystic codes or command spells in important moments, let him do more and come up with a strategy, remember that this guy did THAT in the final singularity, even as a weak human he is not useless.
Dec 15, 2019 5:20 AM

Aug 2014
Lel0uchZer0 said:
ssjokg said:

He is not tho. He showed in the fights against enkidu and if you want to ignore them fine... he also showed when attacked by mash and ana who are 100% better than shirou at this (and you can't tell me gilgamesh was serious fighting those 2.. he didn't even use his arms he just dodged everything with ease)
I know that this is the smallest plothole in that shitshow of a fight but it's still stupid

You're misunderstanding between Servants, live heroes, what "untrained" means in this contest.

Basically, Gilgamesh is good in close combat. Not the best, but good. And he can wield many weapons, but never to excellency.
He uses a sword and an axe in similar manners, he doesn't have experience with any possible aspect of that weapon because he has so many and he uses them mostly as projectiles or swinging them casually.

Against someone who has years, decades, a lifetime of experience with a single weapon (like a Saber Servant with a sword, a Lancer with a spear, etc), Gilgamesh is inferior even if using the same kind of weapon.

Now, Shirou's (and Archer EMIYA's) projection doesn't simply creates a weapon. It also copies all the abilities and years of experience related to its use. It copies the tecniques associated with that weapon.
So, when Shirou traces a sword, he acquires abilities and experience to use it as if he trained with it for yeras, while if Gilgamesh takes a sword, he just swings that around with his strength and nothing more.

Enkidu has a kind of power that, for the sake of simplyfing this discussion, we could say works in a similar manner to what Gilgamesh does. Enkidu doesn't have experience, training and doesn't develop a style with a certain weapon. He shoots stuff like Gil, he throws chains, and he uses his arms as weapons, like Gilgamesh, relying on strenght more than tecnique.

That's what ssjokg was saying
LeloTheUnamusedDec 15, 2019 5:24 AM
Dec 15, 2019 5:29 AM

Aug 2018
Dieshouri said:

To be fair comedy and action were fairly separated in Stay Night where they're closer together here. Which one you like better is personal taste. Both dates were important for the characters not there just for comedy(same reason for both of them now that I think about it). Agree with everything else you said though.

I second that, Cú or Medusa weren't joking around screaming memes at each others unlike here, I think Taiga is the main problem, she's just a fanservice character at 1000%, Mash and especially Ana achieve to keep me invested in the fight by caring about what the outcome would be, by that I mean death, even if at the execption of Glorious Leonidas, not a single one of the main/supporting cast has died from now, but it's not a real issue for me, it's the point of FGO to create attachment with servants and make you want to get them.

Thess said:

He is a bastard, though. That's like his characterization.

And that's why we love him eh eh, but I don't know why the characters do, meh still a good guy.

ssjokg said:

Not liking FGO is one thing but this here doesnt make any sesne.

What is the problem with the creator of Chaldea winning the one and only Fuyuki Grail War in his timeline? Same guy that killed himself before some guy he obviously knew killed him, same guy that wanted but noped out of the FSN's timeline war. He is obviously not set up to be some random guy.

It is kinda late to be angry at that when it was revealed to you back in ep 0.

The reason I'm angry isn't really about the coherence of FGO itself, but the continuity of the whole franchise, if Fate keeps creating new universe, timelines in its new itterations by completely pushing aside its original story, how do you want to maintain this original story at the core of your franchise, people have completely forgotten F/SN just because of FGO and all the bullshit it came with, at first it was the center of everything and now it's just an event like dozens of other in a gigantic chaos of singularities, keeping out any exterior anime fan who would try to enter the franchise at the point it became a meme of how complicated Fate was to explain.

Also I like FGO and Babylonia for now, Gilgamesh is GOAT, I love the visuals and musics, even with the harem tropes in it, it has still substance, better than Apocrypha and WAAAAAAAYYYYY better than Last Encore.

Dec 15, 2019 5:38 AM

Aug 2014
James-LastOmnic said:
it became a meme of how complicated Fate was to explain.

Fate it's actually quite easy to explain.
If you know the original timeline, that is still the compass to navigate most of the multiverse of Fate titles, because it gives all the informations needed to understand why and what changes cause an alternate timeline.
The meme of Fate being difficult to understand only originates from the fact that the anime adaptations of the main timeline were made out of order and are still incomplete.
Once Heaven's Feel III is out, even if we still don't have a Fate rout adaptation, the eternal meme of "WHAT IS THE ORDER HOW DO I START FATE" will be over.

Of course, stupid people will still ask "it's ok if I start with this spin off?" just to be caught with the ongoing series, and will still complain about not understanding all and the series being complicated because they are starting with a spin-off or whatever, but the main problem for a "anime route" to the franchise will be resolved.

If we get an hollow ataraxia anime it will be even better, but still.

Fate is not as complicated as it's made sound, and the original timeline is still the core to understanding its basic principles and how timelines diverge from it.
It's still officially recognized as one of the very few (three I think) Fate titles that are keys to the whole Fateverse.
Dec 15, 2019 5:55 AM

Sep 2010
@James-LastOmnic: How is Merlin well loved by the cast? Most threaten him, insult him or are seemly annoyed by him. Even if he's the single more useful member in the Singularity so far by virtue of

Also I'm not sure what is the continuity problem for you. Case Files spoilers if you haven't read/watched it:
ThessDec 15, 2019 6:09 AM
Dec 15, 2019 6:29 AM

Aug 2009
Lel0uchZer0 said:

My point is not that gilgamesh is the best at hand to hand but gilgamesh is better at hand to hand than shirou who made the point that he would be better in close range
Again this is irelevant compared to the other plotholes in their fight but still careless writing

Where is your proof that Gil is better than a Shirou that copied Artoria's skill?
And where did Shirou state that he is better than Gil?

You still dont get it because you are fangirling over Gil.

James-LastOmnic said:

The reason I'm angry isn't really about the coherence of FGO itself, but the continuity of the whole franchise, if Fate keeps creating new universe, timelines in its new itterations by completely pushing aside its original story, how do you want to maintain this original story at the core of your franchise, people have completely forgotten F/SN just because of FGO and all the bullshit it came with, at first it was the center of everything and now it's just an event like dozens of other in a gigantic chaos of singularities, keeping out any exterior anime fan who would try to enter the franchise at the point it became a meme of how complicated Fate was to explain.

Also I like FGO and Babylonia for now, Gilgamesh is GOAT, I love the visuals and musics, even with the harem tropes in it, it has still substance, better than Apocrypha and WAAAAAAAYYYYY better than Last Encore.

FSN(and to an extent Zero) are still the core of Fate.

Whenever a spin off comes around(Not sure about Requiem) the events of FSN are used to explain where the spin off is set timelne and universe wise.

FGO is the same. It uses the Fuyuki War to show that things are different again. The Matou, Tohsaka and Einzbern only made one ritual.

FGO by its nature, that being travelling to different periods of time or even events that shouldnt exist, doesnt affect FSN's events and at the same reveals stuff we didnt know.

Camelot's story plays around with the end of Fate route and how we know that Sir Bedivere returns Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake.If you have played/watched FSN you know who the knight who gives a fake name to the MCs is.The whole story relies heavily in understanding Artoria's inner conflict which is present only in FSN.
Babylonia's appeal is mostly Gilgamesh because of how FSN introduced him.
In Okeanos the impact of Medea Lily's actions depends on you having read/watch FSN.
Even if she is a joke Taiga-Jaguarman was first mentioned in FSN VN.
Gorgon's and Ana's story have better impact if you are familiar with FSN Rider.
Rin, Sakura and Shirou are used as vessels of specific Servanst for more than just fanservice.

The "worst" thing is that even with reading FSN, FGO has a lot of stuff that have impact if you have also read Tsukihime and several other side material.

In no way is FGO a gateway series.Sure it makes sense but tell me.

Did you see anyone here reacting at Ishtar Eresh calling Fou a Beast of Disaster one episode ago?? Or at Merlin calling it Cath Palug? It doesnt really matter in Babylonia's story but later events would make sense if they knew what that is. As far as I can tell everyone treated those lines as a joke about Fou.

FSN is far from forgotten. Sure as anime it may be shoved aside for future spin offs and the connections with FSN may never be adapted but the spin of will still use FSN as the foundation.

And the order meme is just that.

People over complicate it with "Ufotable order", "release date order" ," order made by my grandma" and whatever else.

The order is pretty simple.

1.Deen Night 2006 or the fan edit
2.UfoUBW
3.Ufo HF
4.FZ
5.whatever the fuck you want.

Yes Deen night is of lower quality, deal with it people.
Yes HF 3 isnt out yet but people can just watch Zero after HF 2 without issues.

Anything else is bullshit going against the intentions of both Kinoko Nasu and Gen Urobuchi.

ssjokgDec 15, 2019 6:32 AM
Dec 15, 2019 6:47 AM

Aug 2014
@Lel0uchZer0

We're trying to explain to you how things work, with also knowledge from the visual novel and being nice. You calling him "a braindamaged fanboy" when you yourself are pretti fixated on being Gil's fanboy is a bit hypocritical and doesn't help the discussion at all.

Please calm down and try to process the information we are giving you.
Gilgamesh losing to Shirou is not detrimental to his strenght as a hero, it's a part of his character and consequence of a series of events that end up with that result (the VN has tons of bad ends, what we see is just one result, but every error ends up in a canon failure by Shirou & co.)

Also, don't differentiate between informations given to you.
We've talked about it in different threads: Gilgamesh as a Servant with his young arrogant mentality is not the same thing as Gilgamesh alive in his own era, as a wise king.
His whole approach to battle and how he does/doesn't lose his cool are completely different and relevant to the conclusion.

Shirou both won and lost to Gilgamesh: he made it to him, he cut his arm off, and yet Gilgamesh was still allive and kicking and a lot of other circumstances saved Shirou's life.
Shirou himself, in the VN, even noted that he had to constantly keep going on, because one instant for Gil to regain his composure would mean his (Shirou's) defeat.

If you like a character, don't try to negate that he loses sometimes.
Aknowledge it, embrace it, use it to understand how different he can be, how much he can mature and wise up, and how much a lot of events and lucky circumstances can influence an outcome. 'cause that's a thing in all of Fate tbh
LeloTheUnamusedDec 15, 2019 7:03 AM
Dec 15, 2019 6:47 AM

Feb 2014
The fight against Quetzalcoatl was as tough as I thought it would be, but it was very enjoyable. The animation was fluid and impressive and the attacks from Quetzacoatl were brutal, especially on poor Jaguar Warrior. Her demise was funny when she thought ho herself "I'm going to die." before being impaled into the ground. XD

I do welcome the flashback with Sherlock at the Atlas Institute, though. Knowing more about not fully trusting doctor Roman makes Rituska's action during the fight against Quetzacoatl more understandable. He did the right thing, since he was able to win her over, which not only made Mash jealous when Quetz had Ritsuka's head in her boobs, but the way she made Jaguar Warrior afraid and panicking was funny as hell.

And, surprisingly, same with Gilgamesh in the post-credits scene. The way he reacted when he realised he was dead was unexpectedly hilarious, too. =)

So overall, this episode had some great action and funny moments all rolled into one. Great stuff. =D
Dec 15, 2019 6:59 AM
Jul 2013
Hm i think i agree that the fight was kind of shown to be more serious than it actually was in the game. With Ritsuka just straight up falling and then the scene cuts off that was rly weird lol Idk why they didnt animate Quetz catching him and saying a few words cause it might have fit with the "serious" tone they tried to give the battle imo
Dec 15, 2019 7:01 AM

Aug 2009
Lel0uchZer0 said:

Shirou directly states that if he gets in ckose range he has an advantage
Also how much of a braindamaged fanboy do you have to be to think shirou is remotely strong in combat.. he is nothing but a highschool student who was at the verge of getting bullied
While gilgamesh managed to flawlesly dodge simultaneous attacks from mash and ana shirou won nothing all his life. Not once did he cime on top in a fight he is kiterally featless. Add to the the lack of mana (he said he can barely copy about 20 weapons and he copied about 300)
You really have to be trolling to tell me shirou has any chance in a close combat affair against a demigod
If you think that forget it. Don't bother replying cause we will never agree and for that 0.1% of people who actually think that i have no time to waste

Shirou:""I won't let-"
I won't let him escape.
I'll lose if he regains his composure. I have to settle the match right here!"

Shirou is barely able to continue fighting like this.What are you even saying?

Dude we literally told you multiple times how his projection works. Yes he is a highschool boy-magus with the ability to copy the skills and abilities of whatever weapon was used from whatever hero. Without a projected NP he is nothing more that a human but the moment he projects something he becomes Servant tier. He will still lose to most enemies that actually know how to fight.

Verge of being bullied?The student council runs to him for help, the other clubs respect him enough because he helps them,except a certain idiot panther, and he doesnt give a shit about what the school bully, if Shinji even counts as one, says to him.

I dont get why you use FGO as if in FSN Gilgamesh didnt trash Saber and Shirou in 2 vs 1. You again fail to understand the context of the UBW fight.

Oh so you conveniently forgot that Rin is supplying him with mana. And UBW is meant to be used as a Reality marble. What happened when that crumbled?Shirou lost all his mana.

If the demigod shots himself in the foot 10 times in a single fight then yes. Here, Gil just died from
so dont fucking tell me he is so impossible to by a "highschool boy" on magical steroids.

Also Living Gilgamesh>Servant Gilgamesh. The Gilgamesh Ana and Mash are fighting is stronger than any Servant form of his.

Dec 15, 2019 7:18 AM

Aug 2009
Why does he have to win a fight?

All he needs is for his powers to be established as a counter to Gil's and they were throughout season 2.
We also need to establish Gil's arrogance and that was well established as well.
Dec 15, 2019 7:48 AM

Aug 2014
He defeats EMIYA prior to fighting Gilgamesh anyway so that point is invalid, and... "not enough screentime"?
He's the protagonist, he has all the screentime he needs, plus it's a basic story structure to make the protagonist surpass harder and harder challenges until the final one.

Also, if we want to really be specific... in the VN you have the whole Fate route to see Shirou in action before getting to UBW.
And even then, maybe he doesn't win them, but he survives a lot of fights before, gradually understanding and refining his own abilities, until he defeats Archer.
Which, again, is a basic story structure you can find pretty much everything.

EDIT: another small thing
"in the fights i mentioned the mc is much weaker than the villain but the circumstances he is given make sense"

I don't get this.
I believe you only mentioned Enkidu VS Gil and Ana+Mashu VS Gil, so I don't see what you're referring to. What fights between Gilgamesh and a "mc" did you allude to? What circumstances? You've only talked about Gilgamesh and how he is superior to others, never mentioning another main character beside Shirou.
LeloTheUnamusedDec 15, 2019 7:52 AM
Dec 15, 2019 8:17 AM

Aug 2016
They seriously screwed up the lore in this episode.

Why the hell is Ritsuka able to ride Manna,Ishtar's ride?This is a serious plot hole and it'll affect the later episodes.

They also removed the flashback scenes with the oldman.

Who tf wrote the script of this ep?!
Dec 15, 2019 8:18 AM

Apr 2015
Why you guys even discuss whatever this guy comments.

Dec 15, 2019 8:21 AM

Apr 2015
Raytheon_Thunder said:

Why the hell is Ritsuka able to ride Manna,Ishtar's ride?This is a serious plot hole and it'll affect the later episodes.

Explain what do you mean about Manna not being able to be rode by Ritsuka?

(Taken from her FGO Bond 5)

Her weapon-of-choice is the "Heavenly Boat Maanna", which is both an airship and a giant bow.
Maanna is the boat of god that soars across the Mesopotamian world, and also a interstellar teleportation gate (Gate). Because she is now a pseudo-Servant, the warp function is normally being sealed.

Doesn't mention anything about mortals not being able to ride it.
Dec 15, 2019 8:28 AM

Dec 2014
ssjokg said:
KuroNavi said:
so we're about half way through now and i want to ask the same question i asked a while back, how closely does the anime follow the game? because i'm just so curious about the other singularities that aren't shown, i know there are 1 or 2 uh movie/ova? about them but that doesnt show ALL the singularities right?

and Gil's end reaction lol

The anime is almost a perfect adaptation story wise.

Changed content:

I dont remember others for now. But you dont miss out anything from Babylonia if that's what worries you.

As for the other singularities only Camelot, from where the flashback with Sherlock was from, is getting an adaptation as 2 movies.

Babylonia is connected only to two other Singularities: London, where King Solomon is revealed as the big bad after he obliterates our OP af party(what you saw in a previous flashback) and Camelot which makes you suspect Romani is hiding something and it introduces a character that will appear later in Babylonia. Well tbh he has already appeared at least twice in Babylonia but that was something even most players didnt realize.

The rest of the singularities arent needed at all to understand Babylonia.

right, got it, thanks :)
Dec 15, 2019 8:43 AM

Aug 2014
Raytheon_Thunder said:

I'm confused by this.
I don't remember any of this in the game, in fact Ishtar does take Fujimaru up in the sky with Maanna in the game.
Also, what flashback scenes with the old man?

The cut the prophecy in Eridu and some bits with "night Ishtar", but nothing related the the old man.
Dec 15, 2019 9:03 AM

Feb 2011

god i wish that were me....
Dec 15, 2019 9:43 AM

Mar 2018
Gilgamesh ou ga...shinda!
Dec 15, 2019 9:53 AM

Aug 2016
Veromaye said:
Raytheon_Thunder said:

Explain what do you mean about Manna not being able to be rode by Ritsuka?

(Taken from her FGO Bond 5)

Her weapon-of-choice is the "Heavenly Boat Maanna", which is both an airship and a giant bow.
Maanna is the boat of god that soars across the Mesopotamian world, and also a interstellar teleportation gate (Gate). Because she is now a pseudo-Servant, the warp function is normally being sealed.

Doesn't mention anything about mortals not being able to ride it.

If Ritsuka rides Maana then he gets registered as a possession of Ishtar aka his soul would become a property of Ishtar.

Check the story segment in the game when they are running away from Tiamat,this is the main reason he cannot ride on Manna back then despite it being faster and safer.If he can ride it then subsequent episodes and plot becomes illogical aka creating a major plot hole.Ishtar wasn't joking in that segment.
Raytheon_ThunderDec 15, 2019 10:07 AM
Dec 15, 2019 10:01 AM

Aug 2016
LeloTheUnamused said:
Raytheon_Thunder said:

I'm confused by this.
I don't remember any of this in the game, in fact Ishtar does take Fujimaru up in the sky with Maanna in the game.

The cut the prophecy in Eridu and some bits with "night Ishtar", but nothing related the the old man.

In the game Ishtar simply takes MC up high in the sky and throws him down like a baseball.The MC doesn't ride Manna itself.

In the anime the MC is literally RIDING the Boat/Bow (Manna) contradicting the lore as there are severe consequences of such action.

And they did indeed skip few flashbacks.The whole celebrate not with the joyous one dilemma.Nothing too significant but its there.

The Maana thing is serious though.
The Japanese and Chinese fans are literally roasting Ukyou Kodachi,the scriptwriter and the guy responsible in the social media.Apparently he's responsible for several serial butchering of lore and implementing his own visions over Nasu.
Raytheon_ThunderDec 15, 2019 10:09 AM
Dec 15, 2019 10:17 AM

Aug 2014
Raytheon_Thunder said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

I'm confused by this.

In the game Ishtar simply takes MC up high in the sky and throws him down like a baseball.The MC doesn't ride Manna itself.

In the anime the MC is literally RIDING the Boat/Bow (Manna) contradicting the lore as there are severe consequences of such action.

And they did indeed skip few flashbacks.The whole celebrate not with the joyous one dilemma.Nothing too significant but its there.

The Maana thing is serious though.
The Japanese and Chinese fans are literally roasting Ukyou Kodachi,the guy responsible in the social media.Apparently he's responsible for several serial butchering of lore and implementing his own visions over Nasu.

The harassment to Kodachi is not due to the fact that Fujimaru stands on Maanna instead of being lifted up nor it's related to lore adaptations, it's mostly due to Fujimaru himself as a character and how he has been presented, and using crazy fans reactions and harassment of a screenwriter is not a good point for an argument imho. Also, nothing was ever stated in the game about horrible things happening to mortals that ride Maanna, and it does not have any impact on the story progression. There is never such a discrepancy later in the story in regard of riding Maanna.
I'll check it again but it's weird.

Also, they did not skip any scene regarding the old man.
Both his warning of the three storms and him appearing in the Underworld to save Fujimaru happened in the anime.
In episode 4 and episode 6 respectively.

And after he gives his warnings, there are no flashbacks of him. The player has to remember his words to select the right dialogue options. They are trusting that the players are not idiots and can remember such a memorable presence without flashbacks, and the same is true for the anime viewers.
Dec 15, 2019 10:24 AM

May 2015
Ishtar is still better wafiu material. ;D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 15, 2019 10:40 AM
Aug 2018
LeloTheUnamused said:

The harassment to Kodachi is not due to the fact that Fujimaru stands on Maanna instead of being lifted up nor it's related to lore adaptations, it's mostly due to Fujimaru himself as a character and how he has been presented

Oh? I would like to know what is exactly the problem they are adressing the fans in regards of Ritsuka? I mean, i have a more than a few gripes with him aswell on how he is portrayed but i did not know they were blaming th writers to the point of harassing.
Dec 15, 2019 11:04 AM

Aug 2009
LeloTheUnamused said:

The harassment to Kodachi is not due to the fact that Fujimaru stands on Maanna instead of being lifted up nor it's related to lore adaptations, it's mostly due to Fujimaru himself as a character and how he has been presented, and using crazy fans reactions and harassment of a screenwriter is not a good point for an argument imho. Also, nothing was ever stated in the game about horrible things happening to mortals that ride Maanna, and it does not have any impact on the story progression. There is never such a discrepancy later in the story in regard of riding Maanna.
I'll check it again but it's weird.

The hell?

What is the problem with his presentation?

Given how nonexistent he is in the game, whatever they do cant be worse than that.
Dec 15, 2019 11:12 AM

Aug 2014
GreenNet said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

The harassment to Kodachi is not due to the fact that Fujimaru stands on Maanna instead of being lifted up nor it's related to lore adaptations, it's mostly due to Fujimaru himself as a character and how he has been presented

Oh? I would like to know what is exactly the problem they are adressing the fans in regards of Ritsuka? I mean, i have a more than a few gripes with him aswell on how he is portrayed but i did not know they were blaming th writers to the point of harassing.

I avoided the issue a lot, since I really don't like the internet harassing mob that goes to extremes in ruining people lives so often and casually nowadays, but from what I could gather he was writer for some episodes that had "that feels/is weird" moments in the adaptation, plus he apparently is "known" for not being and excellent screenwriter for anime episodes.
Other things I saw mentioned were some bits about Fujimaru's personality and actions in the past episodes, but I can't understand it very well since I generally liked how he's protrayed in the anime (at least he has something, compared to the game), but apparently it has to do with cut/rearranged/toned down actions and reactions by him.
Also the JUSTICE BOMB cut in this episode (which was an awkward cut in general tbh) and the changed tone of this episode as a whole; it may be silly, but it is a beloved scene in the chapter and, given the adaptation so far, people expected it. It didn't help that the staff posted on twitter a funny drawing of that scene the day before it didn't happen in the anime.

There is also the bit about Fujimaru being able/unable to ride Maanna that we were discussing and I'm currently checking with the game, so I won't comment on it but it's discussed a bit online.

From what I understood, these choices weren't really appreciated but not to the point of turning fans into screaming beasts kicked out of 4chan, but today Kodachi wrote on twitter that this one was the last episode of FGO he worked on (meaning other people worked on screenplays for the remeining episodes), and that caused an unbearable amount of comments to him, from stuff like "Good. No go away" to extremes like "Are you still alive. To bad. Go die".

Apparently he's supposed to work on the Camelot movies, but I'm not sure about that.

I'm sorry I can't tell you more but as I said, I really hate when the internet goes batshit like this and I prefer to not know anything more.

Now, regarding the actual lore and possible errors of Maanna, I understand what that could mean and I may be wrong in how I remember it, that's why I'm currently checking to be sure. That is something I'd like to discuss, it could be an actual error that the staff will need to fix with dialogues and scenes later on, etc.
It's something I can understand not being appreciated or needed.

The rest... not so much.
Sometimes, I think we don't deserve things, if that's how we end up.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that the origin of the comments harassing Kodachi is... unclear.
Many of the japanese ones have misspelling or are weirdly phrased. Many people think these are mostly translated, meaning that a good portion of the harassment is of non-japanese origin (even tho there are a lot of japanese ones too).
LeloTheUnamusedDec 15, 2019 11:20 AM
Dec 15, 2019 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
People acting as if Zero, HF and UBW with Nasu and Gen present didnt have several changes. :smh:

Dec 15, 2019 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
LeloTheUnamused said:
Both his warning of the three storms and him appearing in the Underworld to save Fujimaru happened in the anime.

And after he gives his warnings, there are no flashbacks of him. The player has to remember his words to select the right dialogue options. They are trusting that the players are not idiots and can remember such a memorable presence without flashbacks, and the same is true for the anime viewers.

Small correction here.

In the game, there IS a flashback of the old man before the Easy and Hard mode choice of the fight. this was kipped in the anime altogether, kinda making the scene with the old man less meaningful than it was, as in the game it wasn't only foreshadowing of the old man, it was also showing how he was helping him throughout all of Babylonia to repay the debt from Camelot.

For clarification: https://youtu.be/hrz9_gLwHIM?t=18405
astroprogsDec 15, 2019 11:27 AM
Dec 15, 2019 11:34 AM

Aug 2009
I found the part about Maana.

All that ruckus for nothing. How many times have we seen

Dec 15, 2019 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
astroprogs said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

Small correction here.

In the game, there IS a flashback of the old man before the Easy and Hard mode choice of the fight. this was kipped in the anime altogether, kinda making the scene with the old man less meaningful than it was, as in the game it wasn't only foreshadowing of the old man, it was also showing how he was helping him throughout all of Babylonia to repay the debt from Camelot.

For clarification: https://youtu.be/hrz9_gLwHIM?t=18405

Oh, I see.
I completely forgot about that and somehow managed to miss it while I was re-reading the chapter. Thanks.

I also found the part about Maanna, here:

but given the words used and the choice of dialogue I'm not sure if we're supposed to consider it literally or just Ishtar saying "I'm gonna keep him because I want to".
I don't know how the japanese text is written, and old fan translations on reddit aren't much different to the official localization so the problem remains

EDIT: ssjokg anticipated me on this lol
LeloTheUnamusedDec 15, 2019 12:00 PM
Dec 15, 2019 11:41 AM

May 2018
Well, they now have Quetzalcoatl, but it kinda looks like that the main villan around here could be Roman............

Gil is dead that's probably what Siduri gonna say....or not.
Dec 15, 2019 11:45 AM

Aug 2009
Tried to look up FGO material and lo and behold:

Fate/Grand_Order_material_IV_-_Ishtar,p.296-309 said:
Although she thinks to herself “Is it because I am just being a destructive god?”, Rin’s innate goodness is mixed in with that creed as this Ishtar, and the following changes were made:

- I must be the most beautiful → (If there is someone more beautiful than me, I will strive to become more beautiful then)

- I’ll kill anyone who opposes me → (If I made someone cry because I went too far in killing someone, I would rather stop then)

- I’ll tolerate anyone who is faithful to me → (I will lend my power only in proportion to the faith you have in me)
.For Ishtar, the Master is "a human worth teasing." Although she thinks of herself as someone celebrated, she will never do things such as looking down on someone, including humans, given that the personality of the possessed body, Rin, is her base. She comes into contact with the Master with deep affections and friendship, although simply as “a toy worth teasing.” However, as their bonds deepens, the virtue of taking care of people that she has since the beginning and her emotional weakness (of completely emphasizing with someone) works against her, and they grow from “a toy worth teasing” into “my cherished contractor, whose future is worth watching over.

Yeah, she doesnt mean shit.
Dec 15, 2019 11:48 AM
Aug 2018
Oh i see, i see. Well yeah i understand. Honestly that cut is such a turn off. It is a big moment for Ritsuka that already doesn't have many of those since he is just a normal human so...it was really odd.

Oh well.
Dec 15, 2019 12:01 PM

Aug 2016
ssjokg said:

Fate/Grand_Order_material_IV_-_Ishtar,p.296-309 said:
Although she thinks to herself “Is it because I am just being a destructive god?”, Rin’s innate goodness is mixed in with that creed as this Ishtar, and the following changes were made:

- I must be the most beautiful → (If there is someone more beautiful than me, I will strive to become more beautiful then)

- I’ll kill anyone who opposes me → (If I made someone cry because I went too far in killing someone, I would rather stop then)

- I’ll tolerate anyone who is faithful to me → (I will lend my power only in proportion to the faith you have in me)
.For Ishtar, the Master is "a human worth teasing." Although she thinks of herself as someone celebrated, she will never do things such as looking down on someone, including humans, given that the personality of the possessed body, Rin, is her base. She comes into contact with the Master with deep affections and friendship, although simply as “a toy worth teasing.” However, as their bonds deepens, the virtue of taking care of people that she has since the beginning and her emotional weakness (of completely emphasizing with someone) works against her, and they grow from “a toy worth teasing” into “my cherished contractor, whose future is worth watching over.

I see.Weird for Ritsuka to not utilize Manna more in the game if there's no real negative consequences.Though Ishtar herself is a lot more brutal in the game.

I suppose the cut/altered content of the Ritsuka's dive is the real serious concern of this ep.Not including it was a bad call.
Raytheon_ThunderDec 15, 2019 12:07 PM
Dec 15, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
Raytheon_Thunder said:

I suppose the cut/altered content of the Ritsuka's dive is the real serious concern of this ep.Not including it was a bad call.

Probably the tweet gave all of these people the chance to rage at the guy like mindless beasts, while they had to contain themselves before when they had issues with certain episodes
Dec 15, 2019 12:23 PM

Aug 2009
Raytheon_Thunder said:
ssjokg said:

I see.Weird for Ritsuka to not utilize Manna more in the game if there's no real negative consequences.Though Ishtar herself is a lot more brutal in the game.

There is a negative. He hates flying. Arash Airlines PTSD along with a bit of Kuku flying serpent small issues.

And its freaking Ishtar steering Maana. Who would YOU trust more?Mash carrying you or Ishtar and her magical glider?
Dec 15, 2019 12:25 PM
Aug 2018
ssjokg said:
Raytheon_Thunder said:

There is a negative. He hates flying. Arash Airlines PTSD along with a bit of Kuku flying serpent small issues.

And its freaking Ishtar steering Maana. Who would YOU trust more?Mash carrying you or Ishtar and her magical glider?

Well not only that but despite the high stakes, Ishtar is still an unreasonoble goddess that would seriously keep him all for herself. Besides, Ritsuka should stay as close as possible to Mash since he is her master and the closer he is, the better she can fight.
Dec 15, 2019 1:13 PM

Aug 2010
Relevant to the whole episode 11 cuts: https://ff.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/eaynoc/some_cuts_from_the_current_arc_in_the_babylonia/

This episode seems to have cut a lot of flavor text that added much to the characters, their chemistry, and the overall setting.
Dec 15, 2019 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
Characters interactions can be reworked a bit in other moments, so I can understand skipping them, but other stuff like the prophecy in Eridu should've been kept in.

Honestly, I liked this episode and it had some really good moments, but this is probably the moment that made me say "They should've had at least 22 episodes for this" the most. They skipped a lot just to be done quickly with Quetz and go to the arguably more important bit with Gilgamesh dead.

I'm not saying that it needs to be a 1:1 adaptation (in fact, this still is the most faithful Fate anime adaptation ever done), but something had to be sacrificed to make it fit into 21 episodes, and while the funny banters in the jungle were an obvious target for that, they could've cut them better.

I'm still grateful such an adaptation exists tho
Dec 15, 2019 3:26 PM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
The hell?

What is the problem with his presentation?

Given how nonexistent he is in the game, whatever they do cant be worse than that.

I'm confused why there was an overreaction by the 'fans' (lol?) of Ritsuka, because the anime made him look better by getting things from other characters (like, in the game, this "plan" was thanks to Jaguarman and Ishtar, not Ritsuka), even stealing faceless mooks actions. That brick scene, iirc, that was from a random Uruk soldier and not by our lord and savior Ritsuka. But I didn't see anybody crying justice for the Uruk soldiers who had been with Leonidas and know him more than Ritsuka getting shafted. All I saw were congratulations about sakuga, and expanded Ushiwakaru content that again wasn't in the game.

Shouldn't we crying and asking fair representation for the characters who got shafted instead of caring about an optional lucha phrase attack (which was just an option, the other one was cursing Ishtar for throwing them like that)?

The fight was indeed poorly adapted, however I don't see why they make a big deal over what's optional rather what wasn't and changed. Yes, I've skimmed the comments and the harassment is only because of specifically their favored choice. Not because Ishtar and Jaguarman idea got stolen, or the ride, or Merlin was cut out action when he was there in the game, or how the Ziusdura's warning wasn't well conveyed, but because of the plancha. It's baffling to harass someone over that meaningless change. Why not complain they cut the scene with the Uruk guard who gave Ana some cookies who vouched for Quetzacoalt instead? That would have framed it all better.
ThessDec 15, 2019 3:37 PM
Dec 15, 2019 7:03 PM

Sep 2016
HE DIDN'T SAY THE LINE!

Welp, year ended. Next two eps will be recaps.
See ya in january, lol.
bruh
Dec 15, 2019 8:41 PM

Jan 2019
every appreance of jaguarman always make me laugh rofl. both fgo game or anime.

and gil post credit scene tho xd
Dec 15, 2019 9:23 PM

Jul 2016
Man, I really love those bonding moments at night with Eresh. The more of them, the better.

Entertaining episode overall. The confrontation against Quetz was nice and though it wasn't as "detailed" as other fights, it was still quite enjoyable to watch. The action choreography was on point as always and I personally enjoyed a lot seeing her fighting style.

So, Gil woke up in the underworld, uh? Does that mean we'll finally see Eresh's proper introduction next episode?

By the way, I wonder if this series will receive a new OP and ED.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.