Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 7, 2020 12:07 PM

May 2016
This was one of SAO’s best seasons
Jan 14, 2020 1:57 AM

Aug 2017
Reshiram_IX said:
This was one of SAO’s best seasons
I agree, as for me this is my favorite Sword Art season. No Kirito and tons of Alice kicking ass. And harem action despite Kirito's coma.
Jan 14, 2020 7:11 AM

Sep 2018
I would give it between a 8 and 9. I think this anime is a little underrated.
Jan 14, 2020 7:14 AM

Nov 2019
rohan121 said:
I would give it between a 8 and 9. I think this anime is a little underrated.

Yeah, on Kitsu, it has 81.5% community approval and was among the top 5 animes of the season on Reddit. So it's a bit underrated here.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jan 17, 2020 8:21 AM
Aug 2015
Well, it is the worst part of Underworld so far. It baffles me how much it disappointed me knowing how much I enjoyed Alicization Rising. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for the last part, have a feeling it's gonna be one hell of a ride.
Jan 22, 2020 6:12 PM
Jan 2019
Mullerio said:
IMO its the worst SAO season to date, since the other ones were dumb,edgy and generic but still kinda enjoyable. This Seasons quality is still the same, bad characters, shallow dialogue, plotholes etc, but its not as enjoyable since it lacks the laughably dumbness Kirito brought with him.

Introduce a character for 1 or 2 episodes, them forget them 2 episodes later they show up when they are needed, very neat lmao.

Now we are left with a dumb Harem i mean look at the last 2 min of ep 10, just Harem talking about Kirito without any reason whatsoever.

The first couple Seasons were around 2 or 3 this one is around 1 or 2 score wise.

Yeah totally these couple new seasons of sao didn't show that this anime can continue to give fresh stories and great characters and character developments.i think you skipped too much to not know what you watched or understand the story buddy as this anime absolutely doesn't deserve less than 8 (7 or 6 i would understand cz u don't like this specific genre) but obviously you're just watching it to precisely low rate it and trash talk the story (get off the sao sucks train and try thinking for yourself once)
Jan 23, 2020 7:57 AM

Sep 2018
r9phoenix said:
Mullerio said:
IMO its the worst SAO season to date, since the other ones were dumb,edgy and generic but still kinda enjoyable. This Seasons quality is still the same, bad characters, shallow dialogue, plotholes etc, but its not as enjoyable since it lacks the laughably dumbness Kirito brought with him.

Introduce a character for 1 or 2 episodes, them forget them 2 episodes later they show up when they are needed, very neat lmao.

Now we are left with a dumb Harem i mean look at the last 2 min of ep 10, just Harem talking about Kirito without any reason whatsoever.

The first couple Seasons were around 2 or 3 this one is around 1 or 2 score wise.

Yeah totally these couple new seasons of sao didn't show that this anime can continue to give fresh stories and great characters and character developments.i think you skipped too much to not know what you watched or understand the story buddy as this anime absolutely doesn't deserve less than 8 (7 or 6 i would understand cz u don't like this specific genre) but obviously you're just watching it to precisely low rate it and trash talk the story (get off the sao sucks train and try thinking for yourself once)

Did you just try to sell SAO as a objectively good series?

Tell me why you think the series is good, not that i just watch it to hate on it. I like good television and SAO is not good television. I actually never skipped a SAO episode, i still have fun with the series, but its just trash guilty pleasure.

Its still full of plotholes and the new underworld one of the most superficial tries at building a fantasy world. I dont attack people that like the series, i just dont get how anyone can say its a legit good series, with amazing main and side cast, with a rich and well explored world and themes. Accept it as the guilty pleasure it is.

And i correct myself here, its SAOs best Season but still nothing more than a guilty pleasure.

For me 8s are among the best the anime medium has to offer and SAO is far from that, 5 is average and if we only talk enjoyment that is where SAO would fit. If we include more than just enjoyment its a 2-3 at best .
Mar 16, 2020 2:52 AM

Jun 2011
1700k People rated s1. Only 200k carried until this season, almost 10%. That is 1500k people that said "Fuck it, im not gonna continue that."

Bot votes don't count anymore and even if they did, along with "haters", as some people would call them, are not enough to be considered revevant. A look at the stats would clear it up.

Votes are mostly coming from a small section of hardcore fans and some completionists, so the score that you see represents for the most part the people that like the show (It's common for the score of an anime to increase as more seasons get released seperately).

If anything, it's overrated. It's very overrated.

Mar 16, 2020 10:30 AM

Nov 2019
h1soka said:
1700k People rated s1. Only 200k carried until this season, almost 10%. That is 1500k people that said "Fuck it, im not gonna continue that."

Bot votes don't count anymore and even if they did, along with "haters", as some people would call them, are not enough to be considered revevant. A look at the stats would clear it up.

Votes are mostly coming from a small section of hardcore fans and some completionists, so the score that you see represents for the most part the people that like the show (It's common for the score of an anime to increase as more seasons get released seperately).

If anything, it's overrated. It's very overrated.

You do know that the first season had literally eight years to gather up this amount of members? And it's not even been a season since it finished. And yes sequels are watched by less number of people. That counts for any anime. SAO is one of the few animes that has 200k members in literally the fourth installment. So it's not only the "hardcore fans" that are watching it.

And if you have to say it's overrated then justify your opinion on the basis of the show.
Mar 16, 2020 2:42 PM

Jun 2011
biswa290701 said:

And if you have to say it's overrated then justify your opinion on the basis of the show.

Uhh no, I will try to justify it with an objective view: numbers... I did it actually.

biswa290701 said:

So it's not only the "hardcore fans" that are watching it.

"mostly coming from a small section of hardcore fans and some completionists"... You are adding nothing to the discussion.

biswa290701 said:

You do know that the first season had literally eight years to gather up this amount of members? And it's not even been a season since it finished. And yes sequels are watched by less number of people. That counts for any anime.

Again where is the purpose behind all that? It's never going to come even halfway close to s1... and you just agreed with me.

At this point you whole comment seems like a meaningless rant.
Mar 16, 2020 11:27 PM

Nov 2019
h1soka said:
biswa290701 said:

Uhh no, I will try to justify it with an objective view: numbers... I did it actually.

biswa290701 said:

So it's not only the "hardcore fans" that are watching it.

"mostly coming from a small section of hardcore fans and some completionists"... You are adding nothing to the discussion.

biswa290701 said:

You do know that the first season had literally eight years to gather up this amount of members? And it's not even been a season since it finished. And yes sequels are watched by less number of people. That counts for any anime.

Again where is the purpose behind all that? It's never going to come even halfway close to s1... and you just agreed with me.

At this point you whole comment seems like a meaningless rant.

So you're telling me every sequel to every anime is overrated as members in them decrease by a lot?

Anyways, in overly hated animes like SAO and JoJo, there's also another problem. I was referring to that.
Mar 18, 2020 10:55 AM
Feb 2017
The show is 7.82, which is WAY too high for what it gave. Switch Alicization P1’s score for this and it would be better.
Mar 18, 2020 1:56 PM

Nov 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
The show is 7.82, which is WAY too high for what it gave. Switch Alicization P1’s score for this and it would be better.

I kinda agree with you. Part 1 was better 🤷‍♂️
Mar 20, 2020 3:29 AM

Sep 2014
Nah War of the Underworld is so much better than Alicization. But especially after the recent score purge Im surprised it didnt manage an 8. Just look at all the generic stuff this season which also has 7.5. I really dont understand MAL scores anymore.

Especially if we consider people who hated SAO didnt watch 3 seasons and a movie just to rate this. I mean usually subsequent seasons go up in score because only people who like the franchise will stick. Like wtf it has the same score as the movie ordinal scale. How.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 23, 2020 10:41 AM
Jan 2020
Alicization is best Arc of SAO and then War of Underworld which is totally a gem... In Whole SAO series
Part1:7.82 is good but it should be Atleast 8 or above and for,
Part2:it has to be above 8 rating in Mal because the development is just outstanding with a good back stories...
Mar 27, 2020 7:19 AM
Dec 2018
Vooo said:
Overrated. I don’t even know where the hell they are trying to with this. They introduce characters and then shelve them. Very disappointing + recycled plot.

I agree.. the previous season was so much better and well build-up, but this one felt a bit off.. i don't know why did they ruin the story.
Btw i'm a huge SAO fan and this is my personal opinion
#kyoanistrong
May 12, 2020 4:30 PM

Oct 2013
Mullerio said:

Honestly, not sure if I completely agree with your description of the series but do agree that this feels like like the worst season.

Ultimately, the season struggled to keep my interest and could not relate to any of the characters. Kirito and Asuna have their flaws but they are the protagonists for a reason but are hardly shown. Alice whom is popular also quickly loses screen time and ultimately, we are left with just some fan service. The characters shown have barely been developed or are remotely interesting and the villain is tragically terrible which does seem to be an overall issue with the SAO series beyond Aincrad (part 1 of season 1). There is a bunch of flaws in the animation and unlike most seasons of SAO there is hardly anything imaginative to get us excited about. Its just a weird and predictable war between two sides with little development. Worst, the show doesnt even come off as fun to me. I actually enjoyed and rate far higher than this the other seasons and so this is a complete disappointment. Concur this is likely the worst season so far.
May 13, 2020 1:53 PM
May 2020
In my opinion this is he best Sao we have seen since the first arc of season 1. You have great characters, a good story and an interesting villian. I love how the season is war based because I love the action and fights scenes that come out of war arcs and I'm super excited that Sao went in this direction.
May 29, 2020 8:09 AM

Jun 2016
Yes, this season deserves higher than an 8 for sure.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.