Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 20, 2019 3:04 PM

Dec 2014
well hmm that was something.... yukihara dish was on par with first seat... damn
Dec 25, 2019 9:49 PM

Jul 2013
Seriously if Erina didn't have that bs childhood trauma, she can utilize her god tongue and obliterate everyone. I don't care how much of a genius Tsukasa is he would lose to that op ability.
Dec 27, 2019 4:21 PM
Mar 2017
Well, the last battle begins and it was quite obvious that Tsukasa and the beautiful Rindou would achieve a harmony in their dishes that would leave the judges and Azami pleased, but the judges and the two Elite ten underestimated the cunning and daring of Souma, who not only managed to present a dish with a peculiar appearance, but also used his most powerful weapon, the tongue of the god of Erina.

Undoubtedly, it was very funny to see how the difference between the two couples was clear, Rindou and Tsukasa had perfect synchrony and symbiosis, as for Erina and Souma, let's say they weren't in sync yet.

The dish that Rindou presented looked beautiful, I was very surprised at the elegance she presented on her plate, but my surprise was greater when she revealed what was the exotic ingredient she used, which was ants and obviously Anne and Decora's foodgasm were the preamble to something more delicious, Tsukasa's dish.

The dish that Tsukasa presented was elegant and of a simplistic beauty but that captivated the appetite of all the rebels, the specialty that defines the cuisine of Tsukasa Eishi and Anne, Decora and Courage succumbed to such a delicious dish and also Azami who let out his " gifting "and he leave Nikumi exposed, without a doubt a very convenient" skill "that the Nakiris have.
Souma surprised all his fellow rebels when he asked Erina to taste every ingredient he prepared and when I saw Souma's evil face, I knew immediately that some madness he was preparing, but this also proved that Souma swallowed his pride and decided to cooperate with Erina, but for Erina's bad luck, Souma presents a dish with a rather cartoony appearance and the horror face of Anne and Decora, added to the enraged face of Azami, suggested that Souma was over.
When Decora tasted the caveman meat the succulence of the dish flourished in a delicious foodgasm, but this was not over yet, since Anne describes how Souma used all the teachings of Shinomiya, but the most remarkable thing was that Azami's “gifting” reacted and He left Decora and Courage delighting us with their sensual exposed bodies, but now another big problem arises and is Erina the injured one, since Souma's plate unbalanced the menu according to Azami's explanation, but Souma is sincere with Erina and tells her that he made this reckless dish so that she can present a dish that not only combines with the one he made, but also exceeds her father's expectations, in other words Souma challenges her to defeat him, Rindou and Tsukasa.

Anyway, thanks to the boldness of Souma who left very high expectations, now is the moment of truth for Erina, who will have to present a dish that exceeds the expectations of her worst enemy, her father.
Dec 28, 2019 8:57 AM
Oct 2007
I like this episode but I'm a bit on the fence that the story is trying to push Erina to the very top instead of Souma, the main character. They probably figure it's going to be very predictable and boring to a certain extend if Souma brings in the victory again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2019 1:43 AM

Dec 2013
The glorious gifting returns lol

Souma randomly challenging Erina with a caveman meat dish was hilarious.
Jan 12, 2020 4:51 AM

Mar 2015
Lol Soma's dish looked quite nice actually!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 14, 2020 1:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Souma was too much selfish for this duel but i'm still confident with Erina since she's boosted by Souma selfishness
Jan 19, 2020 6:58 AM

Aug 2017
Really badass shounen anime going on

God Tongue for the win
Feb 10, 2020 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
They seriously gonna speed through the match just like that?
Apr 11, 2020 10:17 PM

Aug 2017
Nakiri's family ability is pretty hilarious lol.

I'm surprised Souma isn't disqualified, just like Azami said, as an individual dish it's fine but Souma did not respect the main theme. You can't just make 2 main dishes. Also, he doesn't take things seriously and the author is really biased at this point.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 28, 2020 6:55 PM

Sep 2011
That ending was FIRE!
Oct 29, 2020 3:09 PM

Mar 2010
I wouldn't mind if they lost, It would be a fun time seeing erina be a taste tester slave.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 16, 2020 9:49 PM
May 2019
Well, well, well... Where to start from. The moment i saw them complaining about who would do the main dish i thought they might serve 2 main dishes but then i thought it can't actually beat Tsukasa and Rindou just because it's not following the right scheme. Maybe they will do something that no one else has done until now. Maybe that was the plan of Nakiri, Senzaemon and Yukihira, Jouichirou.

Like everyone else i have no idea what Souma was thinking with serving a main dish, trying to beat Tsukasa. At first i thought he is being a bit selfish but he proofed a point. He said, he tried the dishes of Erina and they were not good enough. He knows this because he already had a duel against Tsukasa so he actually knows how Tsukasa perform. It was incredible move to serve something strong and motivate Erina to serve something even stronger. It's so crazy but that's what making it possible. He challenged her to a duel because he believed this is the only way to awake her real cooking and i'm pretty sure he will succeed. Crossing fingers for them to win!

TheEternalHunterDec 17, 2020 12:31 AM
Jul 13, 2021 5:38 PM

Jul 2017
I liked this episode a bit, mostly because I did get some laughs at Soma shithousing a bit with his appetizer and presenting something that should've been eaten by Luffy or Goku rather than fucking Michelin-level critics and Azami. But hey, it worked... for now. Rather than a harmony of a team like Eishi and Rindou, the Rebels duo's more of a fight between each other. It's stupid in practicality but for the sake of the anime, that competitive nature works. This should be the platform to really showcase what Erina can accomplish to win this whole tournament.
Jul 13, 2021 6:16 PM

Dec 2012
Dat Mushroom mille-feuille.
Ants?
Dat Sauce Chevreuil.
Souma got dressed break'd.
lol at Nikumi losing her clothes.
The Gifting.
Dat flashback.
Souma is taking advantage of the God Tongue. I been wanting to do that since the start.
Oagari yo!
Courage got smoove dress break'd.
Dat Countdown Caveman Meat, Cheeky Youngster style. Yukihira Shin Cooking.
Worse move?
Erina's dish wouldn't have won?
A Shokugeki between Souma and Erina?
Kakatte koi yo!
Dat ending.

The Gifting inheritance ability is dumb. Marrying into the family and changing your name allows you to get it. An excuse because jiijii couldn't produce an active son in the series and since his daughter is barely in the story, they had to force an inheritance ability on an outsider.
RobJul 13, 2021 7:41 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 24, 2021 8:43 AM

Apr 2013
I assumed that Soma wouldn't just stand down and make an appetizer, though in the real world his concept would not work. In the anime it might?
Nov 27, 2021 8:12 PM

Mar 2009
It's crazy how much Azami has ruined this dumb show. The Gifting is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen and that's saying a lot when it comes to Soma. This series should have ended a long time ago.
Jan 1, 2022 8:31 PM

Jul 2012
Loved that moment between Souma and Erina at the end. I liked that he's challenging her too. Their relationship is growing.
Jul 12, 2023 10:30 AM

Jan 2021
Shogeki in a Shogeki? Within another Shogeki!?
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Ayee sick ep. Love the hype
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

169 by Nanashi »»
Apr 13, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

68 by aod-kun »»
Nov 2, 2023 5:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.