Forum Settings
Forums

What are the most underrated arcs in all of anime?

New
Dec 13, 2019 7:17 AM

Jul 2017
This can be any series such as Naruto or something as long as it hasn’t been appreciated enough than other arcs.

Best girl
Dec 13, 2019 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
Fairy Tail's Tartaros. Lucy was redeemed in lots of people's eyes. Little to no comedy, less fanservice than usual. And Gray showing who's the boss.

MySweetLucifer said:
The "Greed Island" Arc in Hunter x Hunter. It doesn't get much love but I can't understand WHY? It's so funny and entertaining. On the other Hand I don't know why people like "Chimera-Ant" that much, because that was just uninteresting and boring Fighting-Shonen garbage imo.

Personally I prefer it over the Chimera Ant. More of Killua being happy and having fun. Less tragedy and misfortune. As an avid tragedy fan it is very contradictory to my modus operandi, but oh well what can I do. I love Kil as if he were my own son. Incredibly talented, deep and hardworking. As the heir to Zoldyck throne he has a lot of expectations to fulfil and he sure does live up to them. There's a reason why he's so popular. Why? You ask. Because he's awesome, cute, kind, caring and 100% adoptable. Does anyone dares to disagree?
Dec 13, 2019 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
Greed Island (Hunter X Hunter) because of that dodge ball game. Sure that could be executed better, the game aspect was not be exploited enough. The final fights and the nen training are also good.
Celes (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle) is my favorite arc in the entire manga and curiously the anime adaptation skipped that arc.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Dec 13, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2016
Davy Back Fight, Thriller Bark and FMI are truly underappreciated.

And I second Greed Island.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 13, 2019 8:10 AM

Jan 2013
Three Kings arc from Yu Yu Hakusho. I see a lot of people being unexcited about it. Me I thought it was pretty cool and had a nice character development for Yusuke.
Dec 13, 2019 8:11 AM

Jul 2016
FMmatron said:

Davy back fight was fun at first but started to drag once they played the second round just for the sake of it.I thought it was going to end right then and there where Luffy and his crew won,but no they had to drag it out as much as possible by having a second round all over again,that definitely was a facepalm moment.Thriller bark is pretty good though.
SummerynDec 13, 2019 8:15 AM
Dec 13, 2019 8:13 AM

Jul 2017
yeah I agree too that arc was pretty great

Best girl
Dec 13, 2019 8:23 AM

Dec 2016
By a landslide, the Hunter Exam arc in original Hunter x Hunter. It is the one that makes original HxH an outstanding, highly memorable show.
Dec 13, 2019 8:38 AM

Nov 2016
Missaliensan said:
FMmatron said:

Davy back fight was fun at first but started to drag once they played the second round just for the sake of it.I thought it was going to end right then and there where Luffy and his crew won,but no they had to drag it out as much as possible by having a second round all over again,that definitely was a facepalm moment.Thriller bark is pretty good though.

The second round was anime only and the three extra games added only 4 episodes. Not that their duration would matter, but aside from that, these team games were also pretty fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 13, 2019 8:52 AM

Oct 2019
The Tartaros Arc in Fairy Tail wasn't amazing but it was way better then others in the series, It made me appreciate most of the main cast especially Lucy and Grey, this time the "power of friendship" power-up was executed pretty well, some fights and plot points had logic and weight behind them and this arc build up the hype for the next final arc (that was far from good).

-
Dec 13, 2019 10:32 AM

Jun 2017
Skypiea arc in one piece. I don't know if someone there exists that thinks it's in top 3 arcs of OP if not the best of it
Dec 13, 2019 10:42 AM

Dec 2018
This is like the opposite of the original post but, the endless eight arc is hands down the worst arc in anime history. I cringe every time someone tries to defend it.

In response to some other comments: greed Island was awful lol. Every arc after York new was garbage. HxH was mediocre at best, an insult to battle shounens.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Dec 13, 2019 10:44 AM

Feb 2010
You can't rate arcs inidividually on this site, so none are under'rated'.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 13, 2019 10:52 AM

Jul 2016
mhkr said:
Skypiea arc in one piece. I don't know if someone there exists that thinks it's in top 3 arcs of OP if not the best of it

I like it, but it's definitely not top 3 material.It's fun but it's not impactful, it's one of the more forgettable arcs in terms of characters compared to the rest to be honest.But I am sure there must be someone out there who loves it.
SummerynDec 13, 2019 10:55 AM
Dec 15, 2019 1:31 PM

Apr 2011
Saint Seiya's Asgard arc.

30 char...
Dec 15, 2019 2:55 PM

Jul 2019
Punk Hazard and Thriller Bark are my favorite One piece arcs, I re-read these arcs a couple of times and I really love them. However, I don't see much people talking about these arcs. Such a shame.
Dec 15, 2019 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
Endless Eight, it the best part of Haruhi Series y'know 😏
Dec 15, 2019 5:50 PM
Oct 2012
Last arc in Yu-Gi-Oh DM
Both tournament arcs in Inazuma Eleven Go
The second half of Digimon Adventure 02
Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
Dec 15, 2019 5:53 PM

Jan 2019
Uprising Arc in AOT, don’t know why people dislike it so much. It’s honestly my favorite arc in AOT so far. Perfect balance of action and plot, and it gives Erwin, Historia, and Levi a ton of screen time.
Dec 15, 2019 6:09 PM

Mar 2016
mhkr said:

I second this! My personal favourite but not many people appreciate it
Dec 15, 2019 6:10 PM

Jun 2016
I'll mention Naruto's Chunin Exam arc here, simply because I think it's the best tournament arc in all of shounen and deserves all the flowers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2019 6:12 PM
Mar 2016
Alabasta arc, Skypiea Arc, G8 arc (even though it was filler) in One Piece. All had many of my favorite scenes. Pre timeskip scenes are by far the best in my opinion
Dec 18, 2019 5:03 PM

Aug 2018
Tower of Heaven Arc (Erza Arc on Fairy Tail Series) this arc was sad but good af and its rare for Erza to have an own arc in this series
SOP-IIDec 18, 2019 5:06 PM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 18, 2019 5:12 PM
Jul 2019
MySweetLucifer said:
The "Greed Island" Arc in Hunter x Hunter. It doesn't get much love but I can't understand WHY? It's so funny and entertaining. On the other Hand I don't know why people like "Chimera-Ant" that much, because that was just uninteresting and boring Fighting-Shonen garbage imo.
But you know: "Gon gets great character-developement in Chimera Ant".
Yes, only problem: It completely vanishes after the Arc and he is still a dumb little child.
dude u didn't like chimera ant arc... c'mon man..for me it's the best arc in anime ND consists of the best anime antagonist imo.. meruem that is..like sure greed island is underrated ND all..I agree..but u saying that Chimera ant arc was boring just ain't right..
Dec 18, 2019 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
The Bishamon arc in Noragami was great, it gave her so much depth and moved me a lot.
Dec 18, 2019 6:01 PM

Oct 2018
I think Zero is the best Fairy Tail arc but I don't see much talk about it even in the fandom(maybe because of the length). Everyone gets balanced screen time & development since there's only a few characters and they are also likable. The story is decent & well paced, not much dumb moments happen. Also the op is damn good
~Spiritual Healing~

Dec 18, 2019 6:08 PM
May 2018
Tartaros Arc from Fairy Tail, so many great moments and a lot of the characters got to shine.
Dec 19, 2019 2:11 AM

Apr 2017
skypiea and thriller bark arcs from one piece
grand magic games arc from fairy tail, ignore the dragons, ecliplse gate, future lucy and rogue the actual magic games against other guilds were the best part, honestly wanted more from the final battle but the eclipse gate shit ruined it.

MySweetLucifer said:
The "Greed Island" Arc in Hunter x Hunter. It doesn't get much love but I can't understand WHY? It's so funny and entertaining.

greed island is my favourite arc from hxh, it's so underrated^^
Dec 19, 2019 3:28 AM

Dec 2019
MySweetLucifer said:
But you know: "Gon gets great character-developement in Chimera Ant".
Yes, only problem: It completely vanishes after the Arc and he is still a dumb little child.

I agree that the Greed Island arc was fantastic and needs more love, but I disagree with your take on the Chimera Ant arc.

Nen stops it from ever becoming a typical shonen. Yeah, there’s lots of fights, but they are intelligently designed. Power takes a backseat to strategy in most cases.
I also think most people credit the arc not for Gon’s development, but Meruem’s. He is an expertly written antagonist. I do think any development Gon got was a little wasted, though. I’m with you there.
Jan 11, 1:58 AM
Mar 2013
BRIGGS (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

For many, the boring arc of FMA.
For me:

- Expands the worldbuilding and transports us to a different (snowy) territory.
- One of the best female battle shonen characters is presented (Olivier). That scene with General Raven! badass.
- Kimblee is my favorite FMA villain (along with Lust).

BATTLE OF TROST DISTRICT (Attack on Titan)

It is one of the least valued arcs “because there is only action and it is long”… but it is the part that made most of us fans/addicts of the show.
It is the arc that transported us to the terrifying, violent and ruthless world of AOT.

U.A. SCHOOL FESTIVAL (Boku no Hero Academia)

For many it is a kind of insubstantial "filler" arc.
For me:

- Two endearing characters with a tragic past.
- So far, the best BNH romance.
- A simple but sensational fight (Deku vs Gentle).
- The concert (with one of my favorite anime songs).
- Eri-chan's smile.

ChillidaJan 11, 2:04 AM
Jan 11, 2:17 AM

May 2021
The 1st part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Echidna best waifu :D

More topics from this board

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

9 by Luchipher-Zen »»
4 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

31 by WatchTillTandava »»
20 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

56 by RantingMarauder »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

18 by Daviljoe193 »»
43 minutes ago

» peak piece

Cyborgium - Mar 28

6 by SnipeStrike »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.