Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2019 10:17 AM
Nov 2007
Don't like the cliffhanger ending, but overall this was a great watch. 8 out of 10, the ending removed 1 point for me.
Dec 13, 2019 10:18 AM

Apr 2012
I loved like every episode, including this last1 but when it was over i was like "w8, season 1 is now over, was the point?"
This feels more like Part 1 and next season as Part 2 than seasons
Dec 13, 2019 10:21 AM
Aug 2017
9/10 for me. Animation was just decent & the art looked kinda bad at times. But at the end, I was entertained a lot throughout and it'd be unfair to deny that!

What chapter does the anime end on? Gonna read from mangarock, kissmanga or mangadex. So tell accordingly please (chapter name if possible especially)!

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MonkeyDHunterDec 17, 2019 12:57 AM
Dec 13, 2019 10:22 AM

Jan 2018
Kanetopher said:
At least I have the manga to hold me out until season 2

I came here to make the same comment lol. Sucks tho since I'm caught up and have to wait a full week for one chapter
What a beautiful Duwang
Dec 13, 2019 10:25 AM

Aug 2018
"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about sciencxe and technology".
- Carl Sagan

Was not suprised for the the confirmation for a second season.

Still it's a bit of a disapointment. I still don't get why Tsukasa Shishiou that wants a society without corrupt politicians, bankers, etc. is considered the villain and Senku wants to revive everyone is considered the protoganist. Sure dude, I don't know about you, but it should be reversed to make it sense. Senku just wants paycheck by paycheck enslavement really back up and running after circa. 3000 years. Just give it some time. Those corrupt people that's gonna get revived will take over sooner or later. Afterall, he's the one that wants to revive everyone with his I.Q. of 10 billion. /sarcasm

Oh, and the whole incest part is something I refuse to accept. Fuck that shit.

Yes, I agree they were some touching moments and I like how it shows how far we have become with the aid of science - that's why I've used Carls Sagan's quote in the beginning. But I refuse to give this anime a high score just because of that. The author is still sick in the head. It's not worthy to praise this anime that much as how I see most comments in here.

A polished turd is still a turd.

Signed,
Some paleontologist weeb out.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Dec 13, 2019 10:28 AM

Oct 2019
To the people disappointed with the ending, I can't think of a better place to end season one. After this it becomes really fast paced and if they went any further in the story you would have blue balls for *probably* half a year until s2 comes out.

Dec 13, 2019 10:29 AM

Mar 2017
Yahoo! Season 2 has already been confirmed! Thank god, cause that ending got me hyped for more Dr Stone!

That was a great place to leave off on season 1 because it means season 2 will start out with a bang! I can't wait for the next season so we can get more awesome characters (and my fav will finally appear!)
Dec 13, 2019 10:29 AM

Mar 2010
Imagine you could hear the voices of people who lived thousands of years ago...
yep, this is exhilarating. and yep, I almost cried in that scene...

Definitely one of the best anime series of 2019, along with Kimetsu no Yaiba, Dororo and Shield Hero. So happy there's going to be S2, can't wait for it.

8.5/10 for this season.
Dec 13, 2019 10:32 AM

Oct 2019
Jus1294 said:
Kanetopher said:
At least I have the manga to hold me out until season 2

I came here to make the same comment lol. Sucks tho since I'm caught up and have to wait a full week for one chapter

That's the problem with all manga (especially Berserk), but then again the problem can be fixed temporarily with more manga.
Dec 13, 2019 10:35 AM

Oct 2013
@deg , hmm what kind of "average production quality"? The only cons I found so far that were quite annoying was slow and strange pacing in the first episodes (until Senku met Kohaku).

@miguitronik , I can only say: just wait for Season 2. It will explain some things.
Dec 13, 2019 10:41 AM

May 2019
End of the season but I have yet to understand why they built cellphones instead of crossbows and armor and stuff like traps etc... It was a great season, nonetheless.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 13, 2019 10:42 AM

May 2018
Excited for the stone wars. Easily give it 9 even at the start of the series, I can't give it higher rating than 9 because I found it not very amazing or wow but still it was overall enjoyable.

Dec 13, 2019 10:48 AM

May 2018
I'm so happy that almost all the anime i watched this year got a sequel, what a great year for anime.

I will give 8.6/10 for Dr. stone (rounds up to 9).
Dec 13, 2019 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
nanimeanswhat said:
End of the season but I have yet to understand why they built cellphones instead of crossbows and armor and stuff like traps.
I haven't read the manga so I don't know how it plays out there, but it's clear that the Ishigami village will be out-muscled and perhaps even out-numbered by the Tsukasa army. If they can get an edge in anything it's in intelligence techniques; what modern warfare is built upon.
Dec 13, 2019 11:03 AM

Jan 2019
Hoping season 2 is 24 episodes
Dec 13, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2019
ah this was such the journey,my personal aoty if we exclude sequels.i really like the concept of this anime and how well it was done.gen is my favourite i really like how he represents the normal guy who just has an idea about science stuff and keeps reacting to the bullshit ideas senku comes up with;i really hope they take their time and do a good season 2.
Dec 13, 2019 11:18 AM

May 2019
operationvalkyri said:
nanimeanswhat said:
End of the season but I have yet to understand why they built cellphones instead of crossbows and armor and stuff like traps.
I haven't read the manga so I don't know how it plays out there, but it's clear that the Ishigami village will be out-muscled and perhaps even out-numbered by the Tsukasa army. If they can get an edge in anything it's in intelligence techniques; what modern warfare is built upon.

I haven't read it either. I still don't know how a "cell phone" can give them the upper hand, especially when it's too easy to destroy them. Cut one cable and poof the cell phone is gone...
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 13, 2019 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
Such a good ending. As someone who read the whole manga after watching the first episode, I can easily say that this was a very good adaptation of the source. I was really afraid of it ending in the middle of the war, but thank God they managed to end it properly.

The second season is a good surprise too. 9/10 for me.

Uncle-Ruckus said:

That would be nice, but also would probably catch up with the manga.
Dec 13, 2019 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
nanimeanswhat said:
operationvalkyri said:

I haven't read it either. I still don't know how a "cell phone" can give them the upper hand, especially when it's too easy to destroy them. Cut one cable and poof the cell phone is gone...
I'm guessing they don't plan to let the enemy find out about them and will hide them somewhere. We'll see if they manage to go wireless, otherwise yeah they'd be too impractical.
Dec 13, 2019 11:50 AM

Mar 2019
Really good ending! I did not like the first episodes but it turned out to pretty good. I'm looking forward to Season 2 and the fights! 9/10
Dec 13, 2019 11:56 AM

Apr 2019
HisokaxMeruem said:
definitly one of the worst anime ive finished in recent years, really boring 4/10
Thank you for your eloquence.

"𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜... 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙮... 𝙟𝙤𝙮... 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣... 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚. 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧... 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙪𝙚."
Dec 13, 2019 11:58 AM

Sep 2007
Good final ep, second season announcement not really a surprise.

Muddy_Shadows said:

Uncle-Ruckus said:

That would be nice, but also would probably catch up with the manga.

If they adapt another 60 chapters for the second season (like they did with this season) and considering it'll be awhile before the second season airs, there's more than likely enough material for a third season once the second one finishes.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

Dec 13, 2019 12:01 PM

Dec 2015
God, this anime has been the best ride of the year (not that I watch that many seasonal anime, but still). Almost every episode has had either an emotional or epic moment and instead of finishing with cliffhangers every week, it gave the best of itself before seting up what was coming next.

The way it portrays science is really something else. I would have never thought I would be moved by something so common as someone (Suika) putting on a pair of glasses.
Dec 13, 2019 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
Ah, great finale. I loved this show from start to finish. It was just an excellent series with survival and chemistry as the main themes. This show gave me that feeling of excitement and adrenaline that HxH 2011 gave me, which is rare in anime. It was a breath of fresh air and wholesome. Nothing super dark or depressing unlike other survival anime (7 seeds for example). I also like that this show never had any weird anime fetishes or sexual things that other shounen shows would have. It was just normal and had characters interacting normally without any romantic implications other than the astronaut team.

9/10

I'm looking forward to season 2!
Dec 13, 2019 12:04 PM

Jul 2017
BlindSniper said:
I'm just happy it's over. Absolutely garbage. Won't be here for Season 2... unsure why it's even here for season 2. It flopped.

2/10

Hate to be that guy, but if it had flopped it wouldn't be getting a second season now would it?
Dec 13, 2019 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
Can't imagine watching 24 episodes of something I would rate lower than 4/10.

Imagine hating your life THAT much.
Dec 13, 2019 12:08 PM
Mar 2014
Beautiful ending for a Season finale.

Looking forward to Season 2!
Dec 13, 2019 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
That was such a nice and heartwarming finale, such a good way in wrapping up the season too!

7/10 for me. It was decent and had it's moments! Let's see what season two will bring us
Dec 13, 2019 12:28 PM
Aug 2016
BlindSniper said:
I'm just happy it's over. Absolutely garbage. Won't be here for Season 2... unsure why it's even here for season 2. It flopped.

2/10

Flopped? LMAO, it was just one of the most popular shows of this year.
And materially talking is a great adaptation.
Don't spit personal opinions and talk like they're objective... cuz they're not.
Dec 13, 2019 12:42 PM

Jun 2015
when is season two? I can't wait
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 13, 2019 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
Lol Senku not telling them they would need to make 2 cell phones xD of course you guys need a second one, it would be pretty hard for me to call someone if they didnt have a cell phone to receive the call.

Anyway, it was cool how they figured out the riddle that helped them discover the time capsule. That montage with Lillian's song playing was touching, and it got me a little emotional to see how far this group has come. From being skeptical about Senku and this foreign concept known as science, to fully embracing science so they can advance their village's technology. And now we head toward the war against Tsukasa and his army.

I liked the episodes that focused on just making stuff with science way more than the episodes that shifted the focus onto the conflict with Tsukasa. I don't really care for that aspect of the story tbh, so my enjoyment kind of varied throughout the show. However, it finished pretty strong imo so I'll go ahead and give it a 7/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 13, 2019 12:54 PM

Jan 2017
The show had a poor beginning but it really picks up when Senku reaches the village. This episode was a great way to end this season while leading up to the confirmed 2nd season. Still, Tsukasa and his ideologies being the antagonistic force in Dr. Stone will probably continue to hold the show back.

7/10, my favorite moment was probably when Senku and the others first made light earlier on in the show.
Dec 13, 2019 1:00 PM

Aug 2014
People from tsukasa kingdom is calling it boring rip
Dec 13, 2019 1:01 PM
Feb 2009
yaa boi season 2 hypeee!!
Dec 13, 2019 1:03 PM

Apr 2017
i'm literally crying rn that montage of everything senku's done since his revival had me tearing up. byakuya's such an interesting character and i really hope to see more of him next season.

speaking of next season....i actually cheered when it said that season 2's been confirmed. i cannot WAIT to see taiju and yuzuriha again, and i really hope they reunite with senku again. i miss their shenanigans.

overall, 9/10. incredible story and definitely unique. it's prolly gonna end up being my top anime of the year. beautifully done, TMS.
Dec 13, 2019 1:12 PM

Jan 2009
Adnash93 said:
@deg , hmm what kind of "average production quality"? The only cons I found so far that were quite annoying was slow and strange pacing in the first episodes (until Senku met Kohaku).

anime is simply translated as animation in english then that, the animation quality is just average the fights do not have any sakuga heck the manga has better fight scenes thanks to its manga artist Boichi

and lots of off model character drawings this anime lacks animation directors that is already lacking in the anime industry https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-29/berserk-2016-anime-director-says-industry-has-shortage-of-animation-directors/.142670
Dec 13, 2019 1:19 PM

Aug 2015
BlindSniper said:

2/10
Perhaps because your opinion is in the overwhelming minority? Most people greatly enjoyed this show.
Dec 13, 2019 1:19 PM
Dec 2019
Damn, that episode was very good. Obviously, the best part was the disk scene, I'm sure that scene made a lot of people cry. I felt like it was the best way to end the first season, the disk boosted the entire episode. Aniway, the rest of the anime was good too, but i wouldnt call it a masterpiece. You learn a lot of things, sure, but I felt that some characters were wasted, also the protagonist is almost a Gary Stu.
Dec 13, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2019

WTF that gizmo they made isn't even close to a cellphone,,,,,,Battle where the fuck is the battle?????!!!!!!!!
Horn_dawg_2019Dec 13, 2019 1:29 PM
Dec 13, 2019 1:29 PM

Dec 2016
This anime is amazing in so many ways! Love the excitement Senku shows about the science the entire season and can't wait to see more of it :D I really didn't like the style much, but I'm glad I've watched this great anime till the end :) 8/10 for me, and will wait for Season 2 ;)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 13, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2016
It was an ok series, I was expecting something more, so I’m a bit disappointed. I’d give it a 7/10, but it’s a 6.5/10 for me.
Dec 13, 2019 1:45 PM

May 2016
Fav anime of the season can't say of the year though cause of AOT S3P2 is still taking the lead.

That song and sentimentality between Senku and his dad always gets the good of me, they freaking love each other like crazy but yet denying it.

I have made some great memories with Dr.Stone and I hope S2 can pack the same punch. 9.5/10
Dec 13, 2019 1:51 PM
Nov 2019
A well-entertained anime is that typical anime you see says worried.

I have your problems like when trying to make some action scene where the director just played several still images kkkk

but aside from that and some other problems it was a nice anime to follow. 👍
Dec 13, 2019 1:53 PM

Nov 2017
Magnificent episode!

The second part of the recording is intense in emotion.

I exploded out laughing when there are the winks of manga, Nintendo Swtich and Dragon Ball at the time of Senku! xD
Dec 13, 2019 1:54 PM
Aug 2018
This show does a fairly good job at letting people appreciate the science that is being taken for granted. It was an enjoyable journey.

8.5/10
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Dec 13, 2019 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah if you want to communicate through cell phones, you obviously need two of them. That was too funny. But they have a usefull way of using that single one though.
Chrome, you blew your one shot to become a man...

So even after all the inventing they have done, Senku's dad still had a surprise in store for him in the 14th tale of the Hundred Tales. A record? Not gonna lie, that surprised me, but Gen is right, HELLA LIT!

That song was really pretty and this was wrapped up in a pretty nice way! Great Anime, one of the best this year and a pleasant surprise for me as I wasn't that into it from the start, but really gotten so much better as the weeks went on. 9/10

It comes to no surprise that as soon as the last episode aired, we already had a S2 announcement. I was kind of expecting this. But damn, TMS Entertainment has truly blessed 2019 with Dr Stone and Fruits Basket and it's just great to see we got instant sequel announcement for both. The second season can't come soon enough.
Dec 13, 2019 1:57 PM

Feb 2011
Really fun and wholesome show tbh, torn between a 7 or 8/10 but i'll probably stick with the 7. Looking forward to the sequel.
Dec 13, 2019 2:02 PM

Jun 2019
What else can I say except

E P I C

9/10
Dec 13, 2019 2:04 PM
Dec 2019
The start of the show was off to a rocky start (no pun intended), but holy shit did it finish off strong!!

Super hyped(!!!) for the second season!
Dec 13, 2019 2:04 PM
Dec 2017
BlindSniper said:

2/10

why in the fuck did you even watch it then lol

HisokaxMeruem said:
definitly one of the worst anime ive finished in recent years, really boring 4/10

who forced to watch it in its entirety

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MonkeyDHunterDec 17, 2019 12:56 AM
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.