Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2019 5:17 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, Senku succeeded in making such a telephone. Ma, although there was a one that was a speaker xD. I didn't think it turned out that there was a record on the tombstone.They all cried after hearing the song on the tape.

SyureriaDec 13, 2019 5:30 AM
Dec 13, 2019 5:17 AM

Aug 2017
I'm going to watch s2 but the first 6 were so bad that hurts a lot. What a pity.

The rest? It's good or ok at least, SOL episodes were the best part in my opinion. I can have a better opinion for Dr Stone if they fix annoying and pointless stuff in s2.

5/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 13, 2019 5:29 AM

Jul 2019
Nurguburu said:
I'm going to watch s2 but the first 6 were so bad that hurts a lot. What a pity.

The rest? It's good or ok at least, SOL episodes were the best part in my opinion. I can have a better opinion for Dr Stone if they fix annoying and pointless stuff in s2.

5/10 for the anime.
umm... what is SOL?
Dec 13, 2019 5:31 AM

Feb 2018
Jeppy11 said:
Nurguburu said:

5/10 for the anime.
umm... what is SOL?
SOL = Slice of Life?
Dec 13, 2019 5:36 AM

Jan 2015
Nurguburu said:

5/10 for the anime.

There was hardly any SOL in the show....
Dec 13, 2019 5:39 AM

Jul 2019
Nurguburu said:

5/10 for the anime.
bad news, if you don't the battle stuff and only like the slice of life science stuff, then you probably won't like s2 of dr. stone (mainly they got everything they need and it's time to go war against tsukasa)
Dec 13, 2019 6:08 AM
Dec 2014
I'm just happy it's over. Absolutely garbage. Won't be here for Season 2... unsure why it's even here for season 2. It flopped.

2/10
Dec 13, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
Kohaku's got some speedy hands when put to work. Yeah as I had expected, the teamwork even from the series' continues with the main cast.

There's also that montage song they thrown in that kinda reflects on their journey together up to this point. As for season 2, I know they don't have a release window yet but I'm hoping for Summer 2020. By then, the manga also will have even more material.

9/10 or me. One of my favorite series this year.
Stark700Dec 13, 2019 7:21 AM
Dec 13, 2019 6:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This anime was a huge surprise for me, I disliked it at the beginning but ended up loving it after all. Hype for the second season.
Dec 13, 2019 6:56 AM

Nov 2016
Well, of course, you would need two phones after all xD

And boy did I love how they did the record part justice. There were many beautiful moments throughout the series that managed to hit in the feels, but this one was without a doubt among the best. And it just further cemented how great this adaptation actually is. Arguably anime of the year or at least very close to it.

Very much looking forward to S2 now, which btw was a given to eventually happen.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 13, 2019 7:01 AM
Apr 2019
SEEENNKUUUUU-SSAAAANNNN 🤧🤧🤧🤧
Dec 13, 2019 7:03 AM

Oct 2017
I was really hyped for the adaptation and so glad they did a great job on this. It was really fun to watch this animated and really looking forward to the next season.
Dec 13, 2019 7:35 AM

Dec 2017
wow, ngl, this was probably the best way to wrap up the show. a little bit of feelz with the recorder scene, recollecting all the previous achievements, and finally some hype for the next season by showing off Taiju, Yuzuhira and all the potential enemies

as a whole it was kinda average, it felt really slow during some parts in the middle, the last episodes were much better. looking forward to s2, ofc
Dec 13, 2019 7:59 AM

Dec 2014
Definitely one of the candidates for AOTY for me. I never thought I'd love the show this much. Can't wait for the war.
Dec 13, 2019 8:00 AM

Aug 2008
8/10 for me, loved this anime hehehe "season 2 here i come"
hope just is not a movie like is now the new fashion -.;-
The spider is watching
Dec 13, 2019 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
Dr. Stone is finally over. I'm sure going to miss this show. Well, there is season 2 that was announced after this episode, which I'm hyped for it.
This show grew on me and it made me appreciate science a lot.

The song by Lillian and the way they added Senkuu's journey into made me emotional. He went far.

I'm going to give this a 9/10, extra point for this episode. An exhilarating episode.

Dec 13, 2019 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
definitly one of the worst anime ive finished in recent years, really boring 4/10
Dec 13, 2019 8:10 AM

Sep 2018
Already missing this anime T_T I love how they put attention to the science, and how you empathize with a world without science, all the great entertainment, all the food, this show put yourself in a situation of 0 sciece and how the characters deal with it. A solid 9/10 waiting so much for season 2.
I keep moving forward
Dec 13, 2019 8:11 AM

Jul 2015
Absolutely loving this ending. For sure going to watch the new season. Laughing about the people who did not like the show but still watch 24 episodes of it. I call it special
Dec 13, 2019 8:13 AM

Feb 2016
I was not expecting anything great when the first few episodes aired but I am glad I stuck with this till the end. The premise was something new and I am glad they didn't mess up

A 9/10 from me

Its a nice thing that this marks my 500th (completed) anime
Dec 13, 2019 8:17 AM
Sep 2015
Even though this is comedy, it is built upon the greatest tragedy. Even though Senku's dad believes in his son, he'll never know for sure if his son can survive and continue the civilization. Wait, is it possible in some way that his dad is still alive? Like he turn himself into a rock?
Dec 13, 2019 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode and what a way to end the season.

Of course you need two cellphones. XD

The recording sequence was absolutely beautiful, with Senku realizing the meaning of the story, building the record player and eventually letting everyone hear their first song.
Voices that have been passed through time, it has a very poignant but inspiring feeling. Loved everyone's reaction to Lilian singing and when Chrome started crying just repeating "Two million years of humanity", I teared up too. There are so many things we take for granted in this modern age but watching this show really makes me appreciate how far civilization has come from it's roots.

Overall, probably one of the best shows of these last two seasons. I'd read some of the manga before and I did really like it but I stalled it at some point so I was anime-only for more than 3/4th of the anime and I've gotta say, this series is absolutely more incredible in animated form than as a manga. The series is at it's best when it's showcasing all these moments of 'eureka' and science than compared to the whole Tsukasa conflict. I've give props to the way they handled all the science invention and progress moments, they were just beautiful. The whole 'feelings being passed down from over 1000 years' is a very compelling theme and the dynamic between Senkuu and his Dad and a more broad level, humanity passing down their lineage brought out through this is so full of heart. I'm an absolute sucker for this kind of stuff so this was right up my alley. The final thing I'd like to say is that more often than not, this series makes me realize how so many of things we have today are just taken for granted. That behind each of those small devices we use to make our life easier and more fun, there's hundreds, no thousand of years worth of human engineering and hard work put into it to make it what it is today, so for that I'm grateful. As engineer myself, it's always nice to appreciate/see it being appreciated.

9/10, very happy S2 was confirmed. I don't know if I want to continue the manga again cause I feel like this show is just superior in animated form.
Dec 13, 2019 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
wow I just teared up when the recording started to play (with that new version of FANTASY VS SCIENCE in the background).
Dec 13, 2019 8:23 AM

Jan 2009
Stone Wars hype!

i hope Ruri sings too since i got a feeling she got an angelic voice like Lillian anyway

and im gonna miss best girl Kohaku for months

but i given the anime a 6/10 just because of the average production quality it has

Dec 13, 2019 8:24 AM

Apr 2019
9/10 Absolute beauty.
Literally goosebumps every episode (Senku being gifted a telescope on the past episodes and now Lillian's recording.)

This show exceeded my expectations.

Dec 13, 2019 8:27 AM

Aug 2015
8/10

The only mediocre parts were the beginning and the fight against the brutes of Tsukasa, but the SoL was on point. I am very hyped for the Stone Wars.

Also Senku doing the "Big brain pose" at the end is just right. He looks like he wants all the smoke.
Dec 13, 2019 8:28 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
And just like that Dr. Stone concludes at the start of the War arc between The Kingdom of Science and the Tsukasa empire. They were able to make a cell phone and a record player. Lillian's song was just another example of how music can bring people together and lift peoples spirits. That cameo appearance by Goku showed that BOICHI and Inagaki Riichiro were inspired by Toriyama. It was a nice touch. I was going to read the manga, but I'm just going to wait for Season 2.

The soundtrack for Dr. Stone was amazing so I hope they keep it up in Season 2.

I give this anime a 9/10.
AddaeAkonoDec 13, 2019 8:32 AM
Dec 13, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2019
There was a point maybe near the end of cour 1 when I thought that the first 5 episodes were the best and things were just going downhilll. But man oh man was I wrong. Everything meshed greatly to the end, and I am ready for Stone Wars!

Really glad the OG duo got their cameo before the season ended or else I would have been sad.

9/10!
Dec 13, 2019 8:34 AM
May 2017
I' in tears such an awesome end to this great anime that managed to make me both laugh and cry. Can't wait for next season!
Dec 13, 2019 8:38 AM

Mar 2011
Wow I really didn't expect to like it that much, it was very fun!! Hyped for S2
The record player scenes, they hit me right in the feels ;;
Now might just start reading the manga bc I can't just fcking wait

Dec 13, 2019 8:39 AM
Jan 2018
If Season 2 was not announced and we were left with that cliffhanger, I'd be 10billion% fuming at the ears.

On a serious note, I personally enjoyed this series from start to finish - I'm one of the people that liked the first Arc, but I must say the story improved drastically when the Village Arc started.

I can't wait until Season 2. I have all the released volumes (1-8) at the time of writing this and will catch up with the manga in the meantime.
Dec 13, 2019 8:43 AM

Oct 2009
I thought this anime was about science, instead we get a lecture on how to get sidetracked. xD But hey, they did it beautifully so it was all worth it. Gonna miss this little shit of a leek and all his dumb boyfriends. xD

On a sidenote: can they stop with the blowup sexdoll mouths of the girls please? Some of them are just freakishly obvious.
Dec 13, 2019 8:45 AM

Sep 2017
While the first episodes moved somewhat slowly and it bugged me quite a bit how Taiju and Yuzuriha were kinda forgotten after them. I'm not asking for them to join the Kingdom of science from the start, but half an episode explaining their life inside Tsukasa's kingdom for the last year would have been nice.

However, this anime sets out to be one thing and achieves it with flying colours: celebrating humanity and all it's scientific progress, as well as the human drive to explore, develop and evolve. This last episode was an ode to all human achievements, and I couldn't be happier. I'll eagerly wait for s2. If Beastars wasn't airing right now, this would be my AOTS.

8/10

PD: Just realized with this was the 5000th anime episode I've watched. Good thing I didn't waste that milestone on some garbo.
miguitronikDec 13, 2019 9:04 AM
Dec 13, 2019 8:46 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
For me this is a 10/10 anime. It has its flaws but the music, beautiful scenes, unique premise, well execution as an adaptation, and some fun extras tossed in made up for them and then some. This year has had some many great series and Dr Stone is one of them no doubt. Also glad we got an instant confirmation of season 2. For anyone who wants to pick up from the manga, start from chapter 60 (or volume 7 if you prefer).

The Stone Wars gets even more exciting if you can believe it.
Dec 13, 2019 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
Didn't like the show initially but I'm glad I stuck around. Senku is one of the better characters debuting this year. Will definitely watch s2.
Dec 13, 2019 8:54 AM
Jul 2019
Great finale to a season who has been pretty good bar few flaws, including the weak start up till the start of the village arc and the poor fighting sequences. Hopefully the fight Tsukasa won't be poorly executed as the fights in this season. Otherwise, the exploration and inventing focused episodes were great and very well made.
Will keep my rating as 8/10.
Dec 13, 2019 9:03 AM

Jun 2015
I'm not crying, you are crying.
That call from over 3000 years ago. That was a really good choice to end the season.
2nd season is going to start packed with action. Time to enjoy the manga now.
Dec 13, 2019 9:06 AM

Dec 2015
I was skeptical at first, but this just gets better a better! I won't jump on the manga since there isn't much of a cliffhanger, but I am very excited for next season.
Dec 13, 2019 9:07 AM

Oct 2013
Beautiful episode. Imagine hearing voice recordings of people such as Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Jesus or Nefertiti. It must've been a very unique and heartwarming experience to all the villagers and for modern people (Senku and Gen) as well. They were able to hear voices that have not been heard for 3000 years, and what's more Senku was able to hear his father once again.

At first I thought this anime would make it to the end of Stone Wars, but the point in which Season 1 ended was insanely better, simply because there was no dumb rushing of the plot. There are a lot of things to happen, so packing them in 2-3 episodes would be very disrespectful to the source material and to this anime in general.

It was an excellent adaptation and great anime. As manga reader I can't complain. Instead I can only tip my hat to Season 1 and look forward to seeing Season 2 that was officially confirmed! :)
AdnashDec 13, 2019 9:11 AM
Dec 13, 2019 9:30 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome finale, what an incredible note to sign off with! It's going to be tough to wait until Season 2 airs, ffs.

A bit of everything in this episode with some stellar direction to boot, great stuff!

For a second, I got a little worried that Senku might've miscalculated a step but Gen's remark on the spot must've been the reason xD. Good move there, Senku. And lmfao, "Cogs in Society. Literally", now that was a good laugh. Thank you for the words of wisdom there lol.

Bees are Speakers, huh? I'd take that as a rhetorical joke and forget about it the next second lol but it's good that the mentalist was up to the task there. Seriously though, that's a really witty plan from Byakuya! It's hard to imagine he wasn't a scientist but I suppose you could also say that's precisely why. Good thing he'd got a great team on his side too. Dat shot of the two teams working on similar things in completely different timelines really struck a chord too, I just loved the approach of this show to this matter.

Didn't know tthat a record actually stores sound inside though, that was quite shocking indeed! Anyways, I'd a feeling we'd get a music cameo since the 2nd Op played and wow what a timing. Felt a little cheesy admittedly but music and mankind go a long way so I liked the idea.

Little more teaser from Tsukasa Empire's side, god that was dope! Hopefully, Taiju and Yuzuriha didn't mess up there by the way, that'd be very anticlimactic to say the least. Been a long while since the two had a role and it's great to see they're the same as always.

Overall, this has been a very good show with a top-notch ending! I was engrossed by the first arc itself and it got a little down in the middle during the village head arc bit but good that it ended off on a very strong note! I bet I learned more science through this show than a majority of my high school studies *sigh*

Animation Quality throughout was superb, Sound Department was always covered, VA clean throughout and the Direction great overall so no significant nitpicks to really point on I feel. A few apparent flaws but that was about it.

As such, a solid 8.75/10 from my side. I was convinced on an 8 before this episode but this was just too good, hence I'll round it off to a well-deserved 9 now. Definitely one of my favorites from the year!

Very much looking to Season 2 of course! Hopefully, Summer 2020. For now, I guess I'll just rewatch the episode and chime in on Op 2 and ED 1 since they're my favorite picks of the show.

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 13, 2019 9:31 AM

Dec 2008
this is all I need to see!!!!

Dec 13, 2019 9:35 AM

Feb 2018
It really ended beautifully. Can't wait for the second season
Dec 13, 2019 9:35 AM

Oct 2015
This was an exhilarating episode from top to bottom!

The cellphone was massive though, I kinda expected a mobile smartphone, oh well!

I thought Chrome would confess there for a sec to Ruri, I guess they're saving it for the very last moment since everyone is still in the spirit of science. I liked Lillian's song, truly hit the spot with all the amazing visuals incorporated into it.

Too bad the stone wars were not televized, but we can safely say they're in motion. Nice to see Taiju and Yuzuriya again, they looked awesome. It seems someone is spying on them, damn!

Overall, this was a good anime. It made science fun, and took out that typical shounen mentality and brought us into some kind of evolution I'll never forget. Senku 100 billion percent the best character this year, with his witty mad scientist persona and genius shit. We also saw a side of him that's sensitive, and cunning feats to large to mention. The art was unique, and you can tell the creator was having fun creating them. All of the characters are memorable to me, and so is the entire series. Tsukasa was also one the best villains I've encountered.

I'm glad season 2 got confirmed.

lihle808Dec 13, 2019 9:50 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 13, 2019 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
I am a reader of the manga and tbh the start of the anime was pretty bad, the story was the same, but the seiyuus were a strange pick and the animation was awfull.

I'm so glad they improved the animation because if you take a look in Kohaku's eyes from episode 5 and compare them to episode 24 that's definetly what I call improvment. Everything else is like the manga except the song, and it's f-word beautifull and almost made me cry. Easy 9/10
Dec 13, 2019 9:40 AM
Mar 2018
BlindSniper said:
I'm just happy it's over. Absolutely garbage. Won't be here for Season 2... unsure why it's even here for season 2. It flopped.

2/10

were you forced to watch it or something? if it was that bad then why watch it?
Authorised LoliCop
Dec 13, 2019 9:41 AM
Mar 2019
One of the more entertaining ones of the year... Not the best by any means... but entertaining it was... Can't wait for S2!!
FanBoii
Dec 13, 2019 9:52 AM
Aug 2019
Ignore negativity, I want conclusion!! As a non bias anime lover, hands down best anime of 2019. Some parts were meh, but the story was as good as The time I got reincarnated as a slime. 10/10
Dec 13, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2018
Great Episode.....
Dec 13, 2019 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
Thank God for the second season because it would be very evil to finish the series on this point.

Happy to see Byakuya's group again but at the same time sad knowing what their destiny was.

The song made me tear up, it was such a strong moment. And I really thought the girl singing in the OP was Ruri but it turned out to be Lillian......... Which I have to say makes it very clear where Ruri's genes come from ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Although I don't think I liked it as much as others, it was a very fun show that got better once Senku met Kohaku.

Kohaku best girl.
SkyLETVDec 13, 2019 5:55 PM
Dec 13, 2019 10:16 AM

Feb 2014
I really didn't start this show because it had this rigid character animation. But then when I started it for once, just couldn't stop. What an amazing journey it has been. Even this episode flashback made it worth. The way Byakuya left that message in the glass was heart wrenching. Absolute appraise.
Now can't wait for the Stone wars.

Also does anybody know where to start the manga chapter from?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.