Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Director Toshifumi Akai says there are hardly any two-cour anime that are as "blessed" as Babylonia is in regards to the schedule

Dec 12, 2019 12:58 PM
Toshifumi Akai

Akai is the series director. He says that the preparations for the anime were assembled from "an early stage" and remarks that there are hardly any two-cour anime that are as "blessed" as Babylonia is in regards to the schedule. Of course, when it comes to two-cour anime, the second cour is always an uphill battle for the animators, so there's plenty of fight still to go.

more staff interviews here https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-12-12/fate-grand-order-babylonia-animation-staff-comment-on-show-highlights-so-far/.154247

welp looks like they can maintain this level of animation quality all through out then thats great news

Dec 12, 2019 1:25 PM

didn't people from projects like darling in the franxx also leave early so they could work on this
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."

Dec 12, 2019 1:36 PM

Aure0lin said:
didn't people from projects like darling in the franxx also leave early so they could work on this

It was The Promised Neverland iirc

Dec 14, 2019 4:02 PM
Casul Anime Fan

Oh, I can tell! Even I was surprised at how good the animation is still after 10 episodes. In almost every 2 cour anime that I watched, the first 2-3 episodes usually looks amazing then the animation starts to get inconsistent or worse after 3 or so episodes. Babylonia has been an exception and its animation has stayed consistent throughout. I'm hoping the 2nd half of the series looks just as good.

Dec 15, 2019 2:07 AM

jc9622 said:
Oh, I can tell! Even I was surprised at how good the animation is still after 10 episodes. In almost every 2 cour anime that I watched, the first 2-3 episodes usually looks amazing then the animation starts to get inconsistent or worse after 3 or so episodes. Babylonia has been an exception and its animation has stayed consistent throughout. I'm hoping the 2nd half of the series looks just as good.

If anything, I think it will look even better honestly.
The staff knows the important bits of the story and I think the quality will reach many highs during the second half

Dec 16, 2019 4:08 AM
jc9622 said:
In almost every 2 cour anime that I watched, the first 2-3 episodes usually looks amazing then the animation starts to get inconsistent or worse after 3 or so episodes.

yep or after the first 4-6 episodes the animation quality starts to drop

thats the unfortunate thing about anime this days because of anime overproduction and animator shortage crisis too