Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 11 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, we're getting more useful use for magic in this show. Not bad Myne.

I'm not surprised that she has a hard time coming out with the truth to her parents. She's still a kid and going through a lot after all. I do like her courage though for getting to where she is now.

Quite an emotional episode :(
Dec 11, 2019 8:30 AM
Aug 2018
Kinda under cut since the mom is extremely firtal
Dec 11, 2019 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
So Freida will be a concubine. That's sad.

The ending was emotional. Almost cried. :(

Dec 11, 2019 10:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I can't believe, you've done this to me.

My fuckin' feels.
Dec 11, 2019 10:14 AM

Feb 2017
Really great episode, full of emotions
Dec 11, 2019 10:15 AM

Oct 2018
This anime has started off as a really chill and fun one, but it's slowly turning into a rather sad one. I didn't expect this at all

The father at the end crying by himself...that hit me, that was so sad
-Aincrad-Dec 11, 2019 12:16 PM
Dec 11, 2019 10:36 AM
Mar 2013
Myne's new clothes for the day of baptism are more fashionable than average ones and can make her look like a rich girl, which would cause an event in the cathedral when she attends there.
htsujiDec 11, 2019 10:45 AM
Dec 11, 2019 10:54 AM
May 2017
I can feel the parents especially the dads emotions after hearing that news
Turi is vocal about it, she is a child after all
But parents need to be a strength which holds their young, so they cant do the same
Dec 11, 2019 10:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The part with Frida was really cute but damn that last scene was so sad, I feel so bad for this family
Dec 11, 2019 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
This is such a tough episode.

Her girl time with Freida was adorable and highly needed to handle the rest! Was not expecting that future for Freida. Takes so much bravery and desperation to follow that path. Literally placing her life on their hands sounds terrifying. With the possibility of the noble to tire of her and no longer supply magical items. Am hopeful a magically binding contract is made so they're forced to abide by it for the rest of her life.

It's warming to see Myne's love for her family grow. I cried along when she spoke about the Devouring with them. Am hopeful she'll enter the world of books & conjure her own way to suppress or surpass her illness!
Dec 11, 2019 11:16 AM
Feb 2009
goddamn nobles man of course they'd be hoarding these magical items
Dec 11, 2019 11:24 AM
Aug 2017
Huh, wording was a bit different from in the manga, still essentially the same but a bit softened up.

Basically, her choice is between slavery or death.
Dec 11, 2019 12:01 PM

Feb 2017
-Aincrad- said:
The father at the crying by himself...that hit me, that was so sad

I know right? :'c
Almost cried when turi and the mother cried but when we saw the father alone at the end i broke.
Dec 11, 2019 12:12 PM

Feb 2019
Simply put, that was a beautiful episode. The series really starts slow and it was hard for me to make it through the first few episodes, but once it gets going, you get sucked into it.

It really has some of the best worldbuilding I've ever seen and gives me vibes I haven't had since Log Horizon. The story is so grounded and well written. Even though it's magical isekai, everything feels so grounded and realistic. I'll def have to change my MAL score and review for it. With the announcement of season 2, I'm looking forward to it.

I really got emotional this episode, seeing the family breakdown like that was extremely hard to watch. Episodes like this always remind me of losing my dad.
Dec 11, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2015
I think the manga did a better job at adapting the family meeting, but they did a good job showing how close Myne and her family have become.
Dec 11, 2019 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
This anime is getting a 2nd season btw.
Ascendance of a Bookworm 2
If anyone has seen the promo pic for the upcoming season, it kinda suggests how Mayne moves forward. This episode and that promo pic makes sense.
Janethan23Dec 11, 2019 12:54 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 11, 2019 12:43 PM

Dec 2015
Another great episode. I wonder when that one guy from the first episode will show up. I'm sure he's the noble she will be contracted with and he'll be more reasonable that most...hopefully. 7 year old concubines...damn.
Dec 11, 2019 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
Nice pace... Main feels that she ought to tell her family what lies beneath illness that last her only a year more. Perhaps the final episode would be meeting between Main and the blue-haired noble as the poster tells.
Dec 11, 2019 3:43 PM
Jul 2012
Ok food for thought but since the Devouring can only be postponed by magical items that basically absorb the excess "mana" out of the body, couldnt it be cured by just simply training to learn magic or at the very least coming into contact with Tronbe as a replacement for that bracelet?
Dec 11, 2019 3:44 PM

Sep 2011
That last moment when her father was sitting in front of the fireplace hit me really hard. The visual direction of that scene was outstanding.
Dec 11, 2019 4:00 PM
Feb 2018
I hope Myne can get rich enough save herself and buy Fredia out of her concubinage
Dec 11, 2019 5:20 PM

Sep 2016
The very last scene worries me.
bruh
Dec 11, 2019 7:02 PM

Oct 2015
I still feel like the dad will send Main rather than see her die. Any right family would want to see their member live longer even if they'll be apart from each other.

This series has taken quite a turn, and I'm not complaining.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 11, 2019 7:22 PM
Feb 2019
Ahh, what a great episode. I love how Main getting close to her family now that she even tells the truth about her illness and want to stay by their side until the day she dies. Man, that hits me hard.
Dec 11, 2019 7:44 PM

Feb 2019
I can feel water in my eyes.

This was a really sad episode. Before anything started, Frieda said that she's going to be a concubine after she comes of age. She says it like it's a normal thing. To live, she has to become someone's mistress, possibly for the rest of her life. And I don't know whether the Guild Master did it to make sure she lives a more comfortable life and LIVES, or if he did it because it was an investment like Frieda said.

The moments with her family were the saddest. Didn't expect this anime to bring me to tears when I first started and dropped it then subsequently picked it up again. So Myne has decided to live and eventually die with her family rather than live a long life away from them. I might've chosen the same thing too.

Turi crying and hugging because she's still a kid. Her mother wanting to cry but holding back her tears as best she can. But her dad putting up a strong front because he's the head of the family and a parent and needs to be strong and supportive. That last scene really hit me when he was drinking and probably crying alone.

Damn, one of the best anime this season.
Dec 11, 2019 8:46 PM

Jul 2017
With Myne in this condition, it is for uncertain where the Devouring will take her, but in all their effort, Benno, Lutz, even Frieda managed to keep her safe, but the magical items won't keep her from that state however for long.

A lifetime contract for the Devoured, of being limited to a noble, is what Frieda has to accept, being a concubine in exchange for a stretched life investment to magical items. Surely Myne doesn't want that kind of life...

To make her limited year-long recuperation (before it strikes again) purposeful, Myne spending her time with Frieda before her baptism. Even with her family, this felt like her 2nd home. Onward to the second winter, and the harsh truth could not be harder to swallow to tell her family. But it's better to perish in the family than at some strangers focal point. It's just sad that her time is quite short, and the family has to suffer at the loss of Myne. Oh the feels.

With the confirmation of the Season 2 announcement, all can be said that she's well, but it's the 3 episodes remaining to tell of her recovery story.
Dec 11, 2019 10:17 PM
Mar 2015
Sad knowing she only has a year
Dec 11, 2019 11:29 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Definitely got watery-eyed there! Got to feel for the father in particular. No wonder why she wouldn't want to spill this out. Just having a year to live sounds horrid, yikes. I have a feeling she'd fall ill again with a lose of heart, what a tough position it must be.

Frida and the Guild Leader's attempt to snub Maine was hilarious though. Of course, Benno wasn't going to put that aside xD.

Frida's been a really nice company over the last couple of episodes or so. It's sad she'll soon be away from her family though. She sure is a tough girl.

3 more episodes to go, I wonder how this'll come to an end.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 12, 2019 1:49 AM

Feb 2017
Windman said:
Ok food for thought but since the Devouring can only be postponed by magical items that basically absorb the excess "mana" out of the body, couldnt it be cured by just simply training to learn magic or at the very least coming into contact with Tronbe as a replacement for that bracelet?

That's the thing, nobles horde magic and wont teach it to non nobles or each time a kid is born with the devouring they would become a noble making the whole caste not as impresive thus removing power from them.
As for tronbe, they don't know and it's only been hinted that it absorbs mana.
Paladin23 said:
I hope Myne can get rich enough save herself and buy Fredia out of her concubinage

Same here, like I tell my mom just the printing press or gun powder would make her richer than most nobles.
Dec 12, 2019 4:53 AM
Jul 2017
When I started this series I was determined and thought "I want to see Main make a book!"

But now I'm angry and think "I want to see Main dismantle this bullshit system and take power away from the nobles and give it to the working people!"
Dec 12, 2019 6:28 AM

Nov 2009
Hylianticipated said:
Another great episode. I wonder when that one guy from the first episode will show up. I'm sure he's the noble she will be contracted with and he'll be more reasonable that most...hopefully. 7 year old concubines...damn.

Not exactly, Baptism happens at 7 yes but the coming of age ceremony is at 15.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
Dec 12, 2019 6:36 AM

Jul 2019
The episode was already sad halfway through but then the confession to her family *sobbing intesifies*

judging by the end I would guess that this time her father will come up with a third option.
Dec 12, 2019 6:57 AM

Sep 2009
I cried so hard T_T especially when she said that she only have 1 year left. :(
Also, I noticed that rank of this series went up! O_O I didn't expected it! It used to be #2300+, now it's #1937 :) <3
I'm so happy more people are liking this anime, same with me :)
Dec 12, 2019 6:57 AM
Dec 2018
Uuugh I was holding back to say it but now with this I can say it, also this is a comparison so if you want to know, just ask me.

Damn this is the worst luck I have ever seen, first in the last season you’ve been possessed by a God who wants to enslave the humanity only because you’re special and now the Devouring fever wants to kill you and she needs to make harder decisions now.

Seriously I’m worried about Main because she’s too young to die, also she needs to choose if go to nobility or her family, I’m glad that she chooses her family but still I hope she will be fine.
HelaLoveDec 12, 2019 7:01 AM
Dec 12, 2019 7:31 AM

Oct 2017
A relly emotional episode, that last part hit me hard.
Dec 12, 2019 7:44 AM

Oct 2018
Zel_Ezl said:
Also, I noticed that rank of this series went up! O_O I didn't expected it! It used to be #2300+, now it's #1937 :) <3

Yep, the score is constantly rising!

Like when episode 10 aired, the score was 7.33. 1 week later, yesterday it was already 7.42. And today it's 7.44!

I really hope it will get close to 8, or even reach it
Dec 12, 2019 8:02 AM

Dec 2016
Leo said:
So Freida will be a concubine. That's sad.

this wasn't uncommon in "her times" probable she would the same even if she didn't had Devouring but at least she would do this on her terms, now I hope that at least "her man" is not some stereotypical old ugly bastard.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 12, 2019 8:05 AM

Dec 2016
Seygneur said:
Judging by the end I would guess that this time her father will come up with a third option.

Same but I hope that her father will not do something stupid, like steal from nobility.
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Dec 12, 2019 8:14 AM

Sep 2009
-Aincrad- said:
Zel_Ezl said:

Yep, the score is constantly rising!

Like when episode 10 aired, the score was 7.33. 1 week later, yesterday it was already 7.42. And today it's 7.44!

I really hope it will get close to 8, or even reach it

I've been a fan of this anime ever since the first episode :) and I'm not really expecting..
I'm just happy people are appreciating the series :) Because there are few anime series out there who had low score, like below 7 that are fun and enjoyable to watch :)
Dec 12, 2019 8:15 AM

Dec 2016
Luxeraph said:
Windman said:

That's the thing, nobles horde magic and wont teach it to non nobles or each time a kid is born with the devouring they would become a noble making the whole caste not as impresive thus removing power from them.

@Windman

and this is how magic stay only with nobility.

but joking aside CURE for the Devouring sound like some noble shit. Maybe even the Devouring is something common and not dangerous in nobles kids (something like chickenpox in our time/world).
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Dec 12, 2019 8:35 AM

Dec 2013
Nieznajomy43 said:
Luxeraph said:

@Windman

and this is how magic stay only with nobility.

but joking aside CURE for the Devouring sound like some noble shit. Maybe even the Devouring is something common and not dangerous in nobles kids (something like chickenpox in our time/world).

I thought the devouring was just the condition of having mana. So basically all the nobles have devouring too.

Because you always need a magical tool to perform magic which gets rid of your mana, all the commoners with mana die before their baptism and therefore having mana is treated as an illness for them. This is why there are no commoners capable of using magic. Nobles have magical tools they can use to perform magic that uses up their mana, so devouring is not a problem for them and therefore not considered to be an illness. Rather, it's the normal to them (since magic is mostly hereditary).

Or perhaps only particularly strong magic users have the devouring? However, in that case it's a little curious why there aren't commoners with mana that don't have the devouring. Or perhaps they just don't know they have mana since you need magic tools to use magic?
Dec 12, 2019 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
That last scene with them hugging in bed but dad alone feeling powerless got me really good, so glad this show managed to get a second season.
Dec 12, 2019 10:34 AM

Apr 2012
Let's not forget that Mayne is an adult who took over a child's body who died so she's pretty much very mature mentally and emotionally. With that said; She was really impressed with Frieda's decision and resolve moving forward. A mere child would simply break down and give up when faced with such a choice.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 12, 2019 3:49 PM
Aug 2016
From what I understand so far, Devouring is the condition where you have too much mana in your body that it's deathly. Normal amount of mana do nothing to you. There are magic tools to treat Devouring, that means yeah, among those magician nobles there are those who have too much mana that even if they use magic everyday, it's not enough to keep their massive mana at bay.

Also, there's probability, unlike many other isekai, people here can't cast magic easily. You need long and proper training for that. That's why, maybe there are light cases of Devouring, where magic tools are needed only for children. As they grow up and become capable of using magic, they don't need it anymore. By this theory, maybe there are also commoners who actually have normal mana, but never know it until they die of natural cause
Dec 12, 2019 7:49 PM
Mar 2014
This was a great but really sad episode. Really hit it home how the devouring can ruin lives. I'm impressed that Main eventually told her family of the condition, but I'm sure I've felt like she should in the past because this is her new family. Who else will console her when she's in need?

I'm pretty confident that she'll find a cure for it. The question is, what? There's been many theories posted above, including training herself to use mana but it all hinges on what happens in her baptism and who she impresses imo. Looking forward to the next episode!
Dec 12, 2019 10:46 PM

Oct 2018
Just letting everyone know that this is the real score of this episode

Someone with those sh*tty fake account down voted it again, same as last weeks episode
That was at 90% too

How pathetic can a human being get?
Whoever keeps doing this, to several airing anime actually, get a life you sad loser.
-Aincrad-Dec 12, 2019 11:01 PM
Dec 13, 2019 1:44 AM

Nov 2009
Is it really going to have 14 episodes? Or they'll simply release 1 or 2 episodes out of that count as an OVA. If it's really 14 episodes, it means the last ep is going to air on Jan 1/2 (depending on your time zone) which is a little unbelievable because Japan is big on celebrating New Year's...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 13, 2019 3:09 AM

Aug 2015
CG said:
Is it really going to have 14 episodes? Or they'll simply release 1 or 2 episodes out of that count as an OVA. If it's really 14 episodes, it means the last ep is going to air on Jan 1/2 (depending on your time zone) which is a little unbelievable because Japan is big on celebrating New Year's...

Last 2 episodes will be aired together.
Dec 13, 2019 3:16 AM

Nov 2009
Kami-Koto said:
CG said:

Last 2 episodes will be aired together.
Oh, I see. Then it makes sense. Thanks.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 13, 2019 3:38 AM

May 2017
Trully best anime out of this season for me :"(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

74 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 21, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

106 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 20, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

188 by Kvistis »»
Feb 14, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2019

67 by Acradis »»
Jan 29, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.