Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2019 1:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this episode explores more into the lore of Melidodas' past and the Commandments. Noticably, there's Fraudrin in his original body causing chaos.

An important episode imo although I don't like Fradurin much. Still really glad Meliodas finished him off in the present timeline.
Dec 11, 2019 1:26 AM

Nov 2007
Since KajiKaji's character said that the princess will die, he finally told the huge truth.

It's from the punishment from gods of both species. Crime just because they love each other, which angered them. KajiKaji's character's became immortal. The war ended during his unconscious.

After death, goddess reborn as another specie. He told her their memories, and when she gradually remembers her memory, and left eye has the symbol. She told him they got curse from the punishment. Then 3 days later she died.

They already met many times and faced separation (goddess from young to old death) for 3000 years. He also tried to break the curse by asking for Sakamoto-san's character for help.

She suggested to revive the enemy group the break the curse by gathering the certain pieces, but he said it's impossible. So they are still searching for alternative.

That monster was the one who gathered the pieces, attacked innocent people for sacrifices, and revived the group. That's when the lady in armor (related to that weapon KajiKaji's character decided to not carry) was sacrificed.

After that, immediate new reincarnation, which is the princess.

So their goal, breaking the curse, is to die together.

Concentrating on the current mission.

KajiKaji enemy, who knows the princess's condition (so it was on purpose he told the princess about the memory), appeared in front of them.

About the pieces that revived the enemy group this time.

Edit:
I just read KajiKaji's Tweet that it's a special scenario especially for the anime written by the mangaka.
https://twitter.com/KAJI_staff/status/1204673748650999808
tsubasaloverDec 11, 2019 1:37 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 11, 2019 4:50 AM

Jun 2016
this season 3 should get score 8 !!!

Dec 11, 2019 8:08 AM

Jan 2018
I'm intrigued, wonder how much difference is between Zeldris and Meliodas, we know Zeldris have the equivalent of his dads power, but hb Meliodas. I don't think he's gonna help him break the curse, so where does that leave us? Are they gonna use "the power of love"? Although it seems that hasn't work the previous 106 times.
Dec 11, 2019 8:57 AM

Aug 2013

Find the mistake in this picture.
Dec 11, 2019 9:21 AM
Dec 2018
Pretty good episode overall.The pacing was nice,the character models were on point and it looked like the animation is finally improving (Although we still have a long way to go to reach A-1 standards)
Dec 11, 2019 11:02 AM
Jul 2016
puppetmazter said:

Nope. It's a pretty small thing I assume
Dec 11, 2019 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
puppetmazter said:

Not really.I give you a hint: Its about a weapon.
Dec 11, 2019 11:31 AM
Jul 2016
puppetmazter said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

Ahhh, yes. I don't think it's that bad (it's still bad) considering it's almost completely off frame (still bad).
Dec 11, 2019 12:14 PM
Apr 2016
A lot of interesting information revealed this episode! Information about Meliodas is never bad, really. The cliffhanger at the end though...
Dec 11, 2019 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
puppetmazter said:

Ahhh, yes. I don't think it's that bad (it's still bad) considering it's almost completely off frame (still bad).

Youre right, no big deal. Just a little sloppy. How could nobody notice?
Dec 11, 2019 2:04 PM
Oct 2013
That Chapter didn't deserve this adaptation. this part of story didn't deserve this adaptation. they did all they can but still they can't get it right. well here goes my hopes of seeing that "Fight" with the animation it deserves and that "Reveal' with the impact it deserves.
6/10 for a material worthy of 10/10.
Dec 11, 2019 2:51 PM

Sep 2018
puppetmazter said:

Sacred treasure Rhitta the handle is wrong the spikes on the handle and axe should be on the same side....
well that's just my opinion.....
Dec 11, 2019 8:54 PM
Sep 2018
Can´t imagine Meliodas suffering over all the years. I want to cry after watching this episode. :´(
Dec 11, 2019 11:56 PM

Jul 2017
Cursed lovers Elizabeth and Meliodas, betrayed of their own kind to seek peace within both humans and demons. What a way of life to get eternally ridiculed by the Gods who have kept the balance for 3000 years before all this happened.

Even if Meliodas were to find the multiple Elizabeths that were reincarnated from time to time, he would just rinse-and-repeat the curse that has been set from the Gods from that very point on.

To that point, all thanks to the Ten Commandments' Fraudrin for breaking the curse? But for Meliodas, more than the curse, the current Ten Commandments are more dangerous and need to be sealed, especially Zeldris, whom he desperately needs the Demon King's powers to keep her alive.

SMH...this is supposed to be sad, but it didn't feel the same way how the manga portrayed it better. As a result it felt lifeless. Try harder next time.
Dec 12, 2019 2:07 AM
Jun 2017
An important episode especially for anime only like me, as it discussed everything about meliodas and elizabeth's past.

While watching this whole episode i feel sad for Meliodas, i mean he already saw the 106th death of elizabeth and its so hurt for him that he is witnessing such things. For you to repeat and repeat those hurtful moments is a hurt for the heart...

Well thats sums up why meliodas doesnt know how the holy war ended since they became unconscious after dealing with the Demon king and supreme deity..
Dec 12, 2019 2:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The story of Meliodas with that Elizabeth curse is really sad to be honest....
Dec 12, 2019 2:47 AM

Jun 2019
Wow, that was a super sad episode, although it was great to find out all about Meliodas & Elizabeth's past, just brought a tear to my eye.

This is my favourite sequel of the year, the storyline this series has been really interesting & had me riveted since ep 1.
Dec 12, 2019 3:38 AM
Aug 2019
NirvashX1 said:

Just because it had romance and invoke some emotions because of the stupid ass sad music and make some people shred tears doesn't mean it deserves to get 8 especially if it had like 1 ok episode amongst 9 trash ones.

Anyway a thing here how the hell elizabeth knew that they were both cursed when both died at the same time because they both lost at the same time when they faced the 2 deities?

Not explained ofc what a convenience that elizabeth happened to knew that.

GourmetforceDec 12, 2019 3:52 AM
Dec 12, 2019 9:15 AM

Jun 2015
Gourmetforce said:
NirvashX1 said:

Just because it had romance and invoke some emotions because of the stupid ass sad music and make some people shred tears doesn't mean it deserves to get 8 especially if it had like 1 ok episode amongst 9 trash ones.

Anyway a thing here how the hell elizabeth knew that they were both cursed when both died at the same time because they both lost at the same time when they faced the 2 deities?

Imo she just realized it by herself after her 1st memory revival, all she did was put 1+1 together, so with all the information from Meliodas how he didn't age a single day past lets say 20 years, with her realizing she was reborn right after her 1st self died it was only logical to jump into this conclusion because there is no other reasonable explanation with all her knowledge. And it looked like 100% punishment from their parents given to their circumstances.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2019 1:43 PM
Aug 2019
scartino said:
Gourmetforce said:

Imo she just realized it by herself after her 1st memory revival, all she did was put 1+1 together, so with all the information from Meliodas how he didn't age a single day past lets say 20 years, with her realizing she was reborn right after her 1st self died it was only logical to jump into this conclusion because there is no other reasonable explanation with all her knowledge. And it looked like 100% punishment from their parents given to their circumstances.

That is a terrible excuse and you know it i am not sure if you are an anime watcher only but trying to pull off scree stuff where there is no dialogue in story to confirm it is 100% bullshit.

1rst of all meliodas said that a part of their curse is that he always came across with her reincarnations so if i assume that her 1rst reincarnation was that blond cavewoman because A) this is where she said to him about the curse there is no way she convenient knew that she was cursed before that because as i mentioned before meliodas came across all her reincarnations and he had no clue.

Not only she knew that she was cursed but she also knew he was cursed as well and what kind of curse to the point she told him which makes absolutely no sense.

Dec 12, 2019 2:22 PM
Aug 2018
Wow. Ban did not aplogize for his comment about Meliodas not undersatnding how it feels to lose a loved one.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Dec 12, 2019 6:09 PM

Oct 2015
Wow, and hella damn! The punishment Meliodas and Elizabeth received from those gods is the worst I've ever seen. I'd rather die forever than endure such excruciating pain.

This episode really explored some in-depth stuff, makes me proud although the super low rating.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 12, 2019 6:28 PM

Oct 2017
Such cruel fate, to see his lover die over and over again. I dun even wanna imagine how painful it was.
Dec 12, 2019 8:37 PM

Feb 2015
This is literally like a slide show half the time. In order to avoid bad animation complaints they're just not animating shit. They're animating the bare minimum, like just the mouth while the rest is a still image. And half the time the still images are like 2006 level drawings.
Dec 13, 2019 4:12 AM
孔ēœŸćƒ»ć‚³ć‚¦ćƒžć‚³ćƒˆ

Jun 2017
Poor execution of this crucial reveal overall but this episode was still far more touching, hats-off to Yuki Kaji as well for absolutely perfecting it as always, so I'll give props to the team for that. Got to say this really deserved better though but let's keep that aside for now.

Heartbreaking story between the two really, I honestly can't imagine how one must feel to be condemned to such a cruel fate. I was curious how they'd handle it and it wasn't half-bad really. Seeing those different versions of Elizabeth and the repeating process, fudge. At least they did justice with the initial character drawings.

We finally got to the end of the previous Liz's demise too. A-1 Pictures during Season 2 clearly set the bar up high so no helping that *sigh*

I suppose this answers why Meliodas didn't hesitate to finish off Fraudrin either too, and honestly who can blame him now.

Got to feel for Ban as well. I bet the guilt is building up.

Choppy development in the end there as well. Serious time constraints and poor direction here. I haven't read past here so I've no idea what's to come but I've heard it goes downhill from here onwards so might as well just stay anime-only with faint hopes, literally dying hopes I would say given how it's going, that they'll somehow do it better.
_MushiRock11_Dec 13, 2019 4:15 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 13, 2019 1:12 PM

Apr 2012
Maybe someone can enlighten this, but its either a plothole or I can't figure it out myself.
In episode 21 season 2, Meliodas refers to the curse put upon him by the DK.
At first I assumed it was the commandment, but now it turns out to be the curse that both gods put upon Elisabeth and Meliodas. What happened to the original commandment that was put upon him then?
However Meliodas doesn't supposedly age due to the curse, but also gets reincarnated. Though don't demons barely age anyways, like faeries, giants and I assume angels?
If the curse will get broken, won't meliodas just stay a demon and Elisabeth will be a human?
Dec 13, 2019 1:39 PM
Jul 2016
Fluxje said:
Maybe someone can enlighten this, but its either a plothole or I can't figure it out myself.
In episode 21 season 2, Meliodas refers to the curse put upon him by the DK.
At first I assumed it was the commandment, but now it turns out to be the curse that both gods put upon Elisabeth and Meliodas. What happened to the original commandment that was put upon him then?
However Meliodas doesn't supposedly age due to the curse, but also gets reincarnated. Though don't demons barely age anyways, like faeries, giants and I assume angels?
If the curse will get broken, won't meliodas just stay a demon and Elisabeth will be a human?

The Demon King can take back commandments at his free will. Meliodas' commandment was the commandment of Love which is currently in possession of his brother Estarossa.
And the goal of them breaking the curse is that they'll be able to die for good. And when the curse is broken Meliodas' age might catch up with him. Demons don't usually live as long as Meliodas and the Demon King. Galand was considered a super old demon and he was about 990 years old before being sealed. Meliodas is at least 3000 years old.
Dec 13, 2019 7:16 PM

Oct 2014
Not a fan of this plot at all, Elizabeth looking like Liz being a coin-ke-dink to Me felt better.
It's Morbin' Time!
Dec 13, 2019 10:24 PM
Mar 2015
Liz and Melodias have a really terrible curse
Dec 13, 2019 11:20 PM
Jan 2016
Is it just me, or was the art and animation in this episode noticeably better than in previous episodes this season? Like, there were some shots where I was like "wow, that looks good" which is definitely not something I felt at all thus far this season......
Dec 14, 2019 12:46 AM

Nov 2019
Gourmetforce said:
scartino said:

That is a terrible excuse and you know it i am not sure if you are an anime watcher only but trying to pull off scree stuff where there is no dialogue in story to confirm it is 100% bullshit.

1rst of all meliodas said that a part of their curse is that he always came across with her reincarnations so if i assume that her 1rst reincarnation was that blond cavewoman because A) this is where she said to him about the curse there is no way she convenient knew that she was cursed before that because as i mentioned before meliodas came across all her reincarnations and he had no clue.

Not only she knew that she was cursed but she also knew he was cursed as well and what kind of curse to the point she told him which makes absolutely no sense.

It is a pretty irrelevant convenience as irrelevant as supernatural being exists in this world, do you also want an explanation why supernatural beings exists in this world? Yup I think you're just being nitpicky for the sake of being nitpicky

It can be justified as simple as some beings/race/clan have unique abilities, could be she have some connection with her mother's mind
Dec 14, 2019 2:10 AM

May 2009
Best episode of this season so far (not a huge achievement). It's nice that they added more scenes for Meliodas and Elizabeth's past.
bastek66Dec 14, 2019 2:17 AM
Dec 14, 2019 9:47 AM
Sep 2015
Another flashback episode in a season full of flashback, but hey! Not all flashbacks are created equal, this episode answer the big question of the anime, so it's important one.
Anyone notice Ban has sex with Elaine? Thanks they only show them sleep naked otherwise my inner yaoi can't stand this. Though I can't imagine Ban with other male character, maybe Howzer?
Dec 14, 2019 3:43 PM

Nov 2018
Best episode of the entire anime trilogy so far.Yuki Kaji vs Yuki Kaji battle inc?
I hate everyone equally
Dec 14, 2019 8:25 PM
Dec 2019
Hdghshhhgddjjjehggdvdvvdvfvebbe
Dec 14, 2019 8:25 PM
Dec 2019
Hggvcssdfhjbbhiigdsddfbjowkdbeiebfjw
Dec 15, 2019 1:05 AM
Apr 2018
Past of MELIODAS & ELIZABETH is revealed in this episode.
It would be better if they focus more on the story (of course they are, but ....... somehow i can't explain it.)
I find it annoying when DIANE, ELIZABETH, GOWTHER, KING & other characters (if there are) says "GOMEN NE"šŸ„± for every little thing.
I like that BAN, ESCANOR, MELIODAS, MERLIN have good dialogues.
I hope there is more Action.

This was a good episode when compared to the previous ones.
Doutei-kunDec 15, 2019 1:08 AM
Dec 15, 2019 6:13 AM

May 2012
The score should be at least 8

Great backstory in this episode.
Dec 15, 2019 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
106 times.... What an unbelievably dark episode.
Dec 15, 2019 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
Last week's episode fell well short of the impact it was going for, but this episode delivered on that front and was probably the best of this 3rd season so far. I would have been interested to see more of the lives of the 106 previous Elizabeths that Meliodas met, but the ones we were allowed to see got the message across well, so credit to the episode for knowing where to cut that short as well.

It's interesting to think that everything we've seen has happened because, in essence, Meliodas wants to die. I'm also hoping we can see what impact this has on Ban at some point, given his own immortality thanks to the Fountain of Youth.
Dec 18, 2019 2:40 AM

Mar 2011
Finally we get some back story.

I have always felt this series felt a bit empty, as if I had been watching a sequel to a series I never watched but finally I get a bit of world building and back story.

Very touching.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 19, 2019 9:41 PM

Oct 2008
OH MY GOD! it all adds-up!...The storytelling!
9000/5!!!

Dec 20, 2019 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
well the tragic.... curse explored...one of the best episodes of the series
Dec 21, 2019 8:38 AM

Nov 2019
What a tragic curse </3
I'm glad we finally got to see Meli & Elizabeth back story
5/5 episode <3
Dec 21, 2019 10:07 AM

May 2015
IMO that one Elizabeth dying of old age and not regain her memos was kind of lucky.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 21, 2019 11:47 AM
Apr 2017
This chapter is a fucking shit, the characters dont have expresion, AND THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS SEASON IS A MOMENT WHERE WE SEE RAGE OF BAN FOR DESPAIR OF MELIODAS, AND THE Deen studio WILL WANT BREAK THE MOMENT, BECAUSE THOSE MOMENT IS HERE, DONT IN THE FIRST CHAPTER.
IF ANYONE WANT SEE THE REAL AND SAD MOMENT, SEE THE CHAPTER 225 OF MANGA PLS,I CAN'T UP IMAGEN OF THIS MOMENT, AND COMPARE THIS TRASH
THANKS AND DROP THIS SHIT.
LutohaDec 22, 2019 6:08 AM
Dec 26, 2019 6:14 AM

Apr 2018
lol King is already loosing it that he lost Diane twice meanwhile Meliodas saw his loved one die for over a hundred times.
Dec 27, 2019 8:17 PM
Mar 2019
The curse is finally explained! What a terribly sad way to live..

The child Elizabeth, "I see you haven't broken the curse yet" tore my heart :cry
Mar 24, 2020 8:02 PM

Feb 2013
That curse is too cruel!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.