Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 11, 2019 12:23 AM

Feb 2017
We’re recycling but garbage keeps piling up :(

In 2016 China took in half the world's exports of recovered paper and used plastics. source

Its safe to say that china was world's recycle bin. Not anymore though and the world is still not getting used to it.

On December 31, 2017, China announced its "National Sword" policy, setting new standards for imports of recyclable material and banning 24 kind of materials that were deemed too "dirty" or "hazardous" and setting a contamination rate of no more than 0.5%

If the batch of recyclable material have more than 0.5% contamination in any form,china will not accept it. Contamination rates of U.S. recyclables before sorting vary from place to place, but can reach 25 percent or higher. China had been the destination for about 40 percent of the United States’ paper, plastics, and other recyclables.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/piling-up-how-chinas-ban-on-importing-waste-has-stalled-global-recycling

Now developed countries are looking to send their trash to south asian countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and etc. But guess what? they dont want it either. --- https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/28/treated-like-trash-south-east-asia-vows-to-return-mountains-of-rubbish-from-west

Its time developed countries learn to handle their own trash.

What you can do to help-

Reduce your consumerism of good and services in all ways possible, adopt a minimalism kind of lifestyle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwAOVc1Nkbs&t=1s

Reuse things as much as possible no matter if biodegradable products or biodegradable.

Do not shop online https://youtu.be/tDvjQp1BaWA
foscor70Dec 11, 2019 12:53 AM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 11, 2019 1:41 AM

Sep 2018
What can you do to help?

Don't have kids. I am tired of people telling us what to do when they have children, hypocrites, especially that Scandinavian pair.
Dec 11, 2019 3:17 AM

Mar 2008
Where i live they stopped recycling several things entirely because they didn't think there was enough money in it
Dec 11, 2019 5:31 AM

Jan 2009
an alternative is to develop bacteria eating plastic for example in an industrial scale since there are bacteria eating plastics already
Dec 11, 2019 3:05 PM

Nov 2008
You can still make decent change recycling the big stuff (scrap metal, batteries for any motor vehicle, etc.), it's the bottles and can that are worth nothing when taken to be recycled.

Dec 11, 2019 3:11 PM

Dec 2016
They should just enact a government initiative to convert some coal power plants to burn the waste and produce power. With the latest carbon capture technology of course. Then contract Elon Musk to launch the accumulated byproducts into deep space with rockets. Would have been significantly easier and cleaner if the cuck soboys had approved my space elevator, but whatever neanderthals. I will settle for a electromagnetic launch ramp powered by the new power plants.
SoverignDec 11, 2019 3:15 PM
Dec 11, 2019 6:12 PM
May 2015
deg said:
an alternative is to develop bacteria eating plastic for example in an industrial scale since there are bacteria eating plastics already

If I remember correctly, there was such a thing but they had to not use it since they did not have enough data as to what it could lead to. For example, what if animals consume it or what if it destroys the wrong things.
Dec 11, 2019 6:14 PM

Jan 2009
Ichigo56 said:
deg said:

If I remember correctly, there was such a thing but they had to not use it since they did not have enough data as to what it could lead to. For example, what if animals consume it or what if it destroys the wrong things.

well if the scientists develop it artificially then they can control it
Dec 11, 2019 6:18 PM
May 2015
deg said:
Ichigo56 said:

The problem comes when the environment is able to change bacteria. Environmental factors lead to changes in the genome unexpectedly, especially in bacteria.
Dec 11, 2019 11:30 PM

Aug 2014
Ichigo56 said:
deg said:

The problem comes when the environment is able to change bacteria. Environmental factors lead to changes in the genome unexpectedly, especially in bacteria.

Anyone have article or online information about this bacteria? I have heard of it before but only a little, and i want to know more about it
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 12, 2019 12:42 AM

Feb 2017
Ravarae said:
Ichigo56 said:

Anyone have article or online information about this bacteria? I have heard of it before but only a little, and i want to know more about it

Just search "plastic eating bacteria" on google. There are a lot of articles and even videos about it.

Dec 30, 2019 4:48 AM

Dec 2019
Maybe garbage is not the problem. The real problem is recycling. Look at all the energy and time it has taken away. And it did not solve anything. What you resist, persists, you know. One time I had my hair falling and the more I resisted it the more hair fell. When I ignored it eventually the problem solved itself.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.