Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Chihayafuru 3 Episode 10 Discussion


Dec 13, 2019 12:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 166
chiakimagoto said:


I guess we can both agree that we love this story even if our pov's differ.
:)


Yea true. everyones fighting with their own struggles and improving both as characters and players.Especially the trio.
And yea povs differ but the main thing is we love the story most of all and the journey of everyone involved.
Also saw the books, ill try and order them one day but its difficult to ship them from japan because we dont have much manga stores here sadly :/
 
Dec 13, 2019 4:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 306
Cries. This was such a beautifully animated episode... they really got my feelings man. Starting to realize how emotionally and physically taxing Karuta is. But honestly, I'm more excited for Harada-sensei then anyone rn. Especially bitter for Taichi's shit luck, and how dejected he was at basically ask Chihaya who she'd root for.
. Really feeling the team's vibes. Everyone's cheering for Taichi. Chihaya didn't try to console Taichi, or even think to think of Arata but now she's FINALLY LOOKING AT HIM. IF THIS ISN'T CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IDK WHAT IS. Literally, we're all the side characters waiting for this school trip to launch the Taihaya.Chichi ship .... T_T


P.S. Do you think Sensei know where he really went?
 
Dec 13, 2019 7:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 243
I've read the manga quite a way past this point so I don't want to comment on this episode too much. It is great to see the story animated and i think they've done a great job in reproducing the manga. There are certain parts that i remember well, like the results of certain competitions and it is great to see them played out.

I do think the story hasn't been too kind to Taichi, although it is written in a way to make people sympathise with him. I did lose some sympathy when he turned up on the trip, though, he really should have stayed away and he is just torturing himself now. It feels like the writer trying to create drama rather than a realistic situation.
 
 
Dec 14, 2019 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 933
Fuck fuck fuck fuck
This series starting to hyping me up again!

Arata carry this episode alone, that match shows how talented Arata is even against all odds that he manage to get a win if he focus and visualizing winning that he failed to do last tournament.

Poor Taichi i hope he win in east and meet Arata in future matches
T E A M N I N O !
 
Dec 17, 2019 7:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 346
Man - this episode had me so hyped! My poor boy Arata with his messed up stomach - can’t even imagine how embarrassing that would be. But then to be able to calm down, rationalize, stop thinking about other things and people, and get his head back in the game (with Murao’s help, for which I will forever love him for!) that was amazing! What a comeback!
I feel bad for Taichi, and I do hope that that wasn’t really his last chance to go for Master. But I’m so glad for Harada-sensei! He deserves it after so long. Must say I’m a little worried about his health, though. It seemed to be more than his knees bothering him the last few big games. :(
As for the upcoming match ... damn! I would normally say I’d root for Arata over anyone else in the entire show, but Harada may be the one exception, lol.
 
 
Dec 17, 2019 8:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 1192
The semifinals begin and Arata gave a deplorable spectacle, his mind began to wander through emotions that did not come to the case, why did he start thinking like that of Taichi? and to top it off his stomach ache didn't let him compete optimally, even Murao had to intervene and bring Arata's mind back to the match.
After a technical exit, Arata returns to the match and the disadvantage he has is clear and he also does not know what cards were read, but this does not stop him.
Arata and Murao face each other intensely, but with each card that Murao wins, Arata gets more information and this is what finally gives Arata the victory and on the girls side, Megumu is the winner and deserved victory since her opponent was A girl who made the match very difficult.

Chihaya forgot a little about the tournament and the results, to enjoy a night of girls with her classmates, but then she goes out to buy a tea and in the hallway it comes as a surprise that Taichi arrived at the hotel and she receives the big surprise, the finalists for master will be between Harada sensei and Arata, now Chihaya is expectant and thoughtful for whom she encouraged, her best friend or her mentor.
 
Dec 19, 2019 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 322
Is it just me or does anyone else find Chihaya utterly annoying at times with her yelling out obvious things?
 
Dec 20, 2019 11:12 AM
Anime Enthusiast

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 12493
Arata match was intense...hmmm makes you think about so much more
 
Dec 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2049
Komano is the best bro of the season.
 
Dec 25, 2019 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 21106
I have mixed feelings about this episode. On one side, the direction and storytelling with Arata's "underwater" and murky water stuff was fantastic, as well as the Komano and Taichi moment, and Arata realizing his feeling towards Taichi and how he'd been looking down on him. On the other hand, plot armour was pretty heavily in Arata's favour to win the match. Of course, the saddest thing is that we didn't see any other matches (except for a small bit of the Western Queen one) ... finding out that Harada won just like that was a blow :( Either way, this was probably the first time in this series I didn't watch this episode right away, but whether that's because I've just been busy IRL or because I've slowly come to realize that this show is not going in the direction I want it to is up in the air :P Either way, on to episode 11!
 
Jan 3, 2020 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 838
this season is absolutely phenomenal so far. Amazing episodes back to back. Blows season 2 away by a mile and if it manages to keep this level up it will easily surpass season 1.
 
 
Jan 3, 2020 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 140
shayed__ said:
this season is absolutely phenomenal so far. Amazing episodes back to back. Blows season 2 away by a mile and if it manages to keep this level up it will easily surpass season 1.


Oh trust me it will just get better and better from now on :3
 
Apr 5, 2020 7:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1727
Man those inner thoughts from Arata. I guess his true feelings are coming to light.

LOL straight to the toilet in the middle of a match

I'm really glad Harada is representing the East. It serves as a good reminder that age isn't everything in karuta.
 
May 6, 2020 1:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 136
There was honestly no reason for Murao to wake Arata up from his mental slumber. Arata is the one who got him out of retirement,but the reason why he retired was because he lost the qualification match and Arata was gone for 18 whole months. That should atleast even it out. As for his stomach issues,that was mostly his own fault. Murao isn't the one who forced him to eat all the tuna sandwiches.

This feels more like plot armor for Arata to further his acknowledgement of Taichi as a proper opponent,which could have been done outside of Karuta considering that Taichi lost. No sane person wouldn't take advantage of such an opportunity,but people who do get painted in a bad light by the author. Just look at all the shit Yumin got for contesting every card or how chihaya the self insert didn't take advantage from the pink haired girl dismay at her causing the finger injury.

The portrayal of dedication and winning above all seems like an afterthought in this show. Don't know how much of this bullshit I can take.
 
May 6, 2020 5:12 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 15
Weebslayer89 said:
There was honestly no reason for Murao to wake Arata up from his mental slumber. Arata is the one who got him out of retirement,but the reason why he retired was because he lost the qualification match and Arata was gone for 18 whole months. That should atleast even it out. As for his stomach issues,that was mostly his own fault. Murao isn't the one who forced him to eat all the tuna sandwiches.

This feels more like plot armor for Arata to further his acknowledgement of Taichi as a proper opponent,which could have been done outside of Karuta considering that Taichi lost. No sane person wouldn't take advantage of such an opportunity,but people who do get painted in a bad light by the author. Just look at all the shit Yumin got for contesting every card or how chihaya the self insert didn't take advantage from the pink haired girl dismay at her causing the finger injury.

The portrayal of dedication and winning above all seems like an afterthought in this show. Don't know how much of this bullshit I can take.


Your comments are so funny :D i laughing so hard when i read. How many times you called bullshit and continue watching xd
 
May 6, 2020 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 140
Valiantlion960 said:
Weebslayer89 said:
There was honestly no reason for Murao to wake Arata up from his mental slumber. Arata is the one who got him out of retirement,but the reason why he retired was because he lost the qualification match and Arata was gone for 18 whole months. That should atleast even it out. As for his stomach issues,that was mostly his own fault. Murao isn't the one who forced him to eat all the tuna sandwiches.

This feels more like plot armor for Arata to further his acknowledgement of Taichi as a proper opponent,which could have been done outside of Karuta considering that Taichi lost. No sane person wouldn't take advantage of such an opportunity,but people who do get painted in a bad light by the author. Just look at all the shit Yumin got for contesting every card or how chihaya the self insert didn't take advantage from the pink haired girl dismay at her causing the finger injury.

The portrayal of dedication and winning above all seems like an afterthought in this show. Don't know how much of this bullshit I can take.


Your comments are so funny :D i laughing so hard when i read. How many times you called bullshit and continue watching xd


Ikr its quite fascinating really.
 
May 7, 2020 4:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 136
Valiantlion960 said:
Weebslayer89 said:
There was honestly no reason for Murao to wake Arata up from his mental slumber. Arata is the one who got him out of retirement,but the reason why he retired was because he lost the qualification match and Arata was gone for 18 whole months. That should atleast even it out. As for his stomach issues,that was mostly his own fault. Murao isn't the one who forced him to eat all the tuna sandwiches.

This feels more like plot armor for Arata to further his acknowledgement of Taichi as a proper opponent,which could have been done outside of Karuta considering that Taichi lost. No sane person wouldn't take advantage of such an opportunity,but people who do get painted in a bad light by the author. Just look at all the shit Yumin got for contesting every card or how chihaya the self insert didn't take advantage from the pink haired girl dismay at her causing the finger injury.

The portrayal of dedication and winning above all seems like an afterthought in this show. Don't know how much of this bullshit I can take.


Your comments are so funny :D i laughing so hard when i read. How many times you called bullshit and continue watching xd


I'm glad that you find my comments funny. As for the reason I kept watching is because I wanted to see certain characters grow and have their full potential utilized by the author and at times it seemed to go that way,but then it quickly turned back to the same old story. I'll probably won't be watching the show anymore. I might just skim through the Wikia or the manga to see how season 3 ends and leave a last comment, but I'm not really sure.
 
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

Preview MangaManga Store