Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 29, 2019 6:24 PM

Depeche Mode's Violator album and Judas Priest's Jugulator album (gotta love those dark, chaotic lyrics).

Jan 1, 1:11 PM

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

Jan 1, 2:49 PM

HappyPicnic said:
Shinah said:
Blurryface by Twenty one pilots

Amen by Rich Brian

Ginger by Brockhampton

The Golden Age by Woodkid

23 by hyukoh

Say Goodbye to Memory Den by DYGL

Spirit by Depeche Mode

I like these a lot

Aye nice to see Hyukoh on this list ;) what a sexy voice.

Indeed. ;) That band is amazing.

Jan 1, 4:01 PM
Quite a few options, but I'll throw in Fishmans' Long Season, since its an almost daily listen for me.

Jan 2, 2:01 PM

Steely Dan - "Aja"

Asian Kung Fu Generation - "Hokai Amplifier"

Stone Temple Pilots - "Core"

Nujabes - "Modal Soul"
my is only four things. anime, school, sleep and roaming the internet.

Jan 2, 2:43 PM

Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of sleepers
Archive - Axiom
Mind.In.A.Box - Crossroads

Jan 3, 5:26 PM

RandomFriday said:
Archive - Axiom

Carbon Based Lifeforms are amazing. I can never choose between World of Sleepers or Interloper as my favourite, though. I discovered them with Photosynthesis and Gryning, so WoS has a special place for sure.

If you’re into Psybient I’m guessing your username is from the Solar Fields album?

Jan 4, 3:11 AM

1) My favorite would be Either/Or by Elliott Smith.

2) Disintegration by The Cure
3) The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars by Bowie
4) ( ) by Sigur Rós
5) Modal Soul by Nujabes
6) Illinois by Sufjan Stevens
7) Black Celebration by Depeche Mode
8) In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson
9) Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
10) Deathconsciousness by Have a Nice Life

HM: The Glow Part 2, The Graduation, Songs From the Big Chair, Depression Cherry, London Calling, Jazz Impressions of Japan, Ghosts of the Great Highway, To Pimp a Butterfly, Safe In the Steep Cliffs, Helplessness Blues.

Kind of a Top 20 I know but could not name only 3 albums.

Jan 4, 3:31 AM

Just looked at AOAT everyone gave here... Feels nice being in a non-french community because most of the bands here are not that well-known in France at all.
Half of my picks have already been named. That's so great.

Shinah said:
Blurryface by Twenty one pilots
The Golden Age by Woodkid

Great french album !

Jan 4, 9:05 AM

All three Mr Bungle albums

Don Caballero - American Don

Madvillain - Madvillain

Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children

Squarepusher - go plastic and ultravistor

Both A low end theory and midnight marauder by A tribe called quest

Primus - Sailing the sea of cheese and frizzle fry.

Jan 4, 9:43 AM

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire. Pure, unadultered perfection. Epic, and well thought out lyrics. Amazing, unique and flawless melodies. The best band ever made the best album ever. When it comes to quality nothing comes close to its magnificicence.

Loud by Rihanna. Flawless pop mastercraft. Vocals on the same level as an opera soprano. High-quality rappers as featured artists. Catchy beats and intoxicating beats. Sulty, sexy and a bit racy lyics. Fading has the most complex R&B beat ever. Raining Men is fun, funny and remarkable. The guitar solos in California King Bed (Logan <3) and Skin are epic and sultry respectively. And lock me in a dimension with my favorite game, Chrono Trigger, and I can spend an eternity with them and never get bored!
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.

Jan 4, 9:57 AM

Yarbzee said:
RandomFriday said:
Archive - Axiom

Carbon Based Lifeforms are amazing. I can never choose between World of Sleepers or Interloper as my favourite, though. I discovered them with Photosynthesis and Gryning, so WoS has a special place for sure.

If you’re into Psybient I’m guessing your username is from the Solar Fields album?

Nice to see someone who likes that music as well. Tbh I also thought about choosing either Interloper or World of Sleepers. Interloper has some nice tracks like "M", Supersede, Central Plains, etc. Tbh the whole album is good. But World of Sleepers is more "classic" one. The one people identify CBL with.

Yes my name is from Solar Fields album. And to be honest the Random Friday is the only album I like. There are single tracks from other albums and Mirrors Edge, but Random Friday is very good as a whole album.

Edit: Holy shit dude, your birthday is even on the same day as me!

Jan 4, 9:12 PM

RandomFriday said:
Yarbzee said:

Nice to see someone who likes that music as well. Tbh I also thought about choosing either Interloper or World of Sleepers. Interloper has some nice tracks like "M", Supersede, Central Plains, etc. Tbh the whole album is good. But World of Sleepers is more "classic" one. The one people identify CBL with.

Yes my name is from Solar Fields album. And to be honest the Random Friday is the only album I like. There are single tracks from other albums and Mirrors Edge, but Random Friday is very good as a whole album.

Edit: Holy shit dude, your birthday is even on the same day as me!

Yeah I agree, as much as I love Interloper it doesn’t have the same status as WoS which is much more known. Interloper does have my favourite CBL track though, which is “Frog”. I could listen to that on repeat for hours. I also really enjoyed “Alt:01” some of the live versions on that album were amazing!

Aside from Random Friday I also didn’t mind Movements and Until We Meet The Sky, but I find most of his other work a bit hard to get into, you’re right.

Small world! Rarely come across CBL fans, especially ones that share my birthday!

Jan 5, 1:30 AM

StickyFingers"- Rolling Stones
"King of Limbs"- Radiohead

In The Shadow of the Valley
ギベヰ栄

Jan 6, 7:54 PM

Hands down my favorite would have to be Discoveries by Northlane. I really dig the lyrics throughout and there's only 1 song on it I don't care for.

Is a Real Boy by Say Anything was my favorite for a long time but haven't really listened to them in 5+ years.

Jan 8, 12:26 PM

Iowa by Slipnot as well as their Self Titled Album. Follow the Leader by Korn is a close second
"Ore wa ochinchin ga daisuki nandayo" - Chin-Chin

Jan 14, 12:31 AM

Ne Obliviscaris - Portal of I

OR

Ulver - Shadows of the Sun

Both are tied for me.

Jan 15, 5:25 AM

Friends (1978, Chick Corea)

Kind Of Blue (1959, Miles Davis)

Pages (2) « 1 [2]