Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 9, 2019 4:04 AM
(sorry my english is a quite bad)
Ok so i just caught up to the haikyuu manga and maybe its just me but im a little disappointed. Im not talking about the beach volleyball stuff btw.
Yea i do see the point of this, like if the story cotinue from that and we see year 2&3 it would get a little repetitive and karasuno has to rebuild the team from scratch.
We didnt see the top 2&1 aces in action, and hinata's growth to become ace. All we got is a bit of flashback on how far they made it in their 2nd & 3rd year. (Also yamaguchi is the captain apparently, i mean he is the most normal one out of them)
Or maybe thetimeskip can be shorter, for example from that to their final year, as they lost to Date Tech in their 2nd year. And maybe we could see some development of the 4 rookies and how senpai they become, or the small giant giving some advices to hinata too. It feels like a missed potential due to the great rivalry built by karasuno and other team.

Dec 9, 2019 8:34 AM

No matter how you think about it, it is a let down after all. This manga had so much forshadowing and expositon about other teams and players, that it's now dissapointing to see only glimps of it.
Slam dunk also ended in the simillar way, but the ending was 2 chapters long, and it had much less expositon about other teams, and also didn't give any forshadowing about the future of a Shohoku.
Both manga dissapointed nevertheless.

Dec 10, 2019 11:21 AM
chair-sama said:
No matter how you think about it, it is a let down after all. This manga had so much forshadowing and expositon about other teams and players, that it's now dissapointing to see only glimps of it.
Slam dunk also ended in the simillar way, but the ending was 2 chapters long, and it had much less expositon about other teams, and also didn't give any forshadowing about the future of a Shohoku.
Both manga dissapointed nevertheless.

Slam dunk focused more on sakuragi's development via basketball than the actual basketball.
Haikyuu is more volleyball focused since they give ample time to matches that are not of Karasuno.
Even I was Ted to see the 2nd year and 3rd years that they spent. But I think Furudate will definitely provide flashback chapters. They are paramount in timeskips.
I think they will start around the time hinata returns back to Japan.
Truthfully, I am quite enjoying the current arc. It's been well written and unpredictable so it's been a quite interesting read.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."

Dec 10, 2019 11:24 AM
Nobodyisnobody said:
(sorry my english is a quite bad)
Ok so i just caught up to the haikyuu manga and maybe its just me but im a little disappointed. Im not talking about the beach volleyball stuff btw.
Yea i do see the point of this, like if the story cotinue from that and we see year 2&3 it would get a little repetitive and karasuno has to rebuild the team from scratch.
We didnt see the top 2&1 aces in action, and hinata's growth to become ace. All we got is a bit of flashback on how far they made it in their 2nd & 3rd year. (Also yamaguchi is the captain apparently, i mean he is the most normal one out of them)
Or maybe thetimeskip can be shorter, for example from that to their final year, as they lost to Date Tech in their 2nd year. And maybe we could see some development of the 4 rookies and how senpai they become, or the small giant giving some advices to hinata too. It feels like a missed potential due to the great rivalry built by karasuno and other team.

We actually saw the #2 ace in the match against fukurodani where Bokuto solos the match and Akashi had a nervous breakdown. That baldy.
But I wanted to see Sukasa in action. Shocking that Itachiyama lost.
Wish they had shown the next matches in the nationals.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."

Dec 22, 2019 10:22 AM
It can't be worse than food wars and bleach ending, even though I know he's rushing it we don't know how long will he stretch this final arc.