Forum Settings
Forums

Help me find this show with time bomb and a jump from helicopter as I'm losing my mind

Dec 8, 2019 2:53 PM
Hi guys! First of all, thank you kindly in advance for reading this mess. My english is as terrible as my memory, but I'm asking you to help me solve this mystery that's been hunting me for 20 years...
I can't get out of my mind certain scenes from thing I saw when I was around 4-5 years old. I'm 90% sure that was anime, but as I stated I was too young to even grasp what anime is, so it could also possibly be another type of animation? Not sure if it's a series or an ova, all I can remember is that it was animated. If I recall correctly, the major plot consisted of the group of main characters running away from a villain organisation? maybe the protags were criminals on the run, and police or other forces chased them, but genereally main group seemed like a bunch of really unfortunate good guys. The most vivid memory I have of this thing is the scene, where a black haired guy was riding a helicopter, then found out he had a timebomb on him somehow, so he decided to jump in the water, sacrificing himself for the benefit of the group... maybe he was with the villians on that helicopter as well because I remember a woman making some snarky remarks in his adress or negotiating with him? Or he was talking with his friends while deciding to jump... Anyway the last scene I remember is him nearing the water, splashes from detonation and his friends contemplating what just happened. I think I also remember wrist watch? Maybe the bomb was in there? And theres one foggy memory of them being cornered and then escaping by air balloon? ... sounds feverish, I'm not really sure about this part. watched it in the late 90s as a kid in Russia, probably on a vhs tape, and non of my friends remembers it. Im dying to know what I saw, but so far nothing came out of my late night google researches. I got to the point where I wonder, was it even real? How could I imagined this helicopter scene as a toddler? Please, help me solve this mystery! I cherish every piece of info I can get!
Modified by BitterJ, Dec 8, 2019 2:56 PM

Dec 9, 2019 2:32 AM

Try posting over here as well:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1751300

爆ぜろリアル!
弾けろシナプス!
バニッシュメント・ディス・ワールド !

Dec 9, 2019 4:04 AM
Oh, ok, thanks for help!