Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2019 1:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just saw the first episode on Funimation's channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H4BkGwR9no

Licht is such a weirdo with that personalty of his from the start. Nana is also introduced and is much more mature than him. I recognize some of the comedic humor from this similar to the author's other works.

Looks like the main girl Hina admires the "legendary ace" and she's been looking for him. Too bad the person she was looking for isn't who he turns out to be. I think the idea of "Star Stakes" sounds kinda interesting for the series though. Hina should be more careful. Licht is actually pretty badass when he fights at -999.
Dec 8, 2019 1:28 PM

Mar 2017
have a feeling im gonna like this and licht seems like a nice mc lets see how it is cuz i dont wnna be too early to judge this
Dec 9, 2019 12:37 AM

Jul 2016
Just wonder why they changed the first half of the story in this episode? I prefer the way Rihito meet Hina in the manga over the anime one lol. Overall the adaptation is fine so far.
Dec 9, 2019 4:31 AM
Error

Jun 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Just wonder why they changed the first half of the story in this episode? I prefer the way Rihito meet Hina in the manga over the anime one lol. Overall the adaptation is fine so far.

I don't mind tbh. First time I hear about this serie. I received a notification about a premier airing on this and decided to watch it.
NewtratDec 9, 2019 5:02 AM
Dec 9, 2019 4:55 AM

Jul 2016
Newtrat said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

I don't mind tbh. First time I hear about this serie. I reveived a notification about a premier airing on this and decided to watch it.

Well the first half of this episode wasn't that much different than the manga so I don't think it's that bad.

I personally prefer the way Rihito meet Hina in the manga because it's much more funnier there.
Dec 9, 2019 11:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Seems interesting with the numbers on the body and some fanservice moments lol
Dec 9, 2019 1:54 PM

Mar 2019
Wait is this out or something already? or is this just a special event showing thing? Gotta make sure because I don't want to fall behind on this discussion
Dec 9, 2019 2:23 PM
Feb 2018
RiverboatRam said:
Wait is this out or something already? or is this just a special event showing thing? Gotta make sure because I don't want to fall behind on this discussion

Wakanim showed episode 1 (in Germany, France and Scandinavia) and Funimation episodes 1 and 2 (in UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand) as a special event from some days ago until today.
Dec 9, 2019 3:18 PM
Error

Jun 2016
enJ0Yable said:
RiverboatRam said:

Wakanim showed episode 1 (in Germany, France and Scandinavia) and Funimation episodes 1 and 2 (in UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand) as a special event from some days ago until today.

In Quebec, Canada too for Wakanim
Dec 9, 2019 5:22 PM

Jul 2019
Wow what a twist at the end. Loved it. The setting is also intriguing. I can't wait to watch more episodes.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Dec 9, 2019 7:05 PM

Jul 2017
I read the manga a few months ago and thought it was fine, with the art impressing me the most about it.

Ironically, I feel like that's the weakest thing about the anime. It looks very, very cheap for even normal anime standards, let alone compared to the manga itself.

Overall, the first episode was very mediocre at best, disappointing in the visuals and even sound department since I wasn't even a fan of the voice acting for the most part.

Dec 9, 2019 11:01 PM

Oct 2017
Interesting start, the setting is really interesting too. The animation and ost is pretty nice. Both Licht and Hina looks great.
Dec 9, 2019 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
1. Why would you ever disclose the nature of your number? Nana casually exposited that her number can be reduced by negative food reviews. What is stopping me from hiring 77 Randos to eat her food and say it is shit? She'd be dead.
b) Hina's number, affected by distance traveled, presumably has no inherent way of decreasing. Seems fair.
b2) Perhaps they'll mention that she has to travel at a certain pace or risk the number decreasing.
2. Are these Numbers not the result of some supernatural/God principles which govern the world? How can the military exert this challenge bs which undermines the rules of bigger numbers?
a) How does this world, in anyway, function given that anyone with a higher number can unilaterally command others of lesser rank.
3. Why did the military guy dismiss our resident badass by way of his low number as if it correlated to some sort of power level?
4. How has our girl here traveled 40000km over 5 years and seemingly acquired 0 real world knowledge? Her being so painfully naive is at odds with the supposed lore. She should pretty much be Kino, of Kino no Tabi, by this point. She should have experienced SOMETHING along that way.
b) I like the implication that the other simply "aged her up" so she could be "comfortably" sexualized, also potential shipping, without regarding the reality of someone having traveled vast distances over 5 incredibly formative years.
Dec 10, 2019 3:28 AM
Feb 2009
interesting "plot" but Hina was kinda generic and over dramatic making the scenes too cringe
Dec 10, 2019 7:08 AM

Sep 2017
was expecting a good impression from the anime adaptation, well consider it is GEEKTOYS then i shouldnt expecting so high. atleast still decent
Dec 10, 2019 7:40 AM

Sep 2015
The anime seems alright but the shounen authors and their thing for "attempted rape" is annoying as always.

Who the hellstill like this kind of fan service? Oh, yeah, the japaneses. ...Fuck.
Dec 10, 2019 12:08 PM

May 2018
you know the plot of this anime/manga has some similarity with a 2011 movie "In Time."

Oh boy looks like Hina's innocence is getting her into trouble.
Dec 10, 2019 1:49 PM
Oct 2018
I bet it’s going to last only 12 episodes
Dec 10, 2019 2:45 PM
Nov 2018
Yes, how is it at all possible that she wouldn't know about the numbers? Hasn't she talked to ANYONE in all this time? And not even her mother told her? You have a number on your body but don't ask what it is? And in all this time she never told anyone what happened to her mother, so they could mention the Abyss?

The numbers should of course be covered up. Revealing your number is a possible death sentence. Someone could simply tell you to kill yourself. After killing someone else, or whatever.

In this kind of world, and with the numbers visible, there should be people walking from town to town just to steal and abuse people by giving them orders, then move on to the next town before they can be caught. Or just tell the person you're ordering around not to tell anyone.

character345 said:
1. Why would you ever disclose the nature of your number? Nana casually exposited that her number can be reduced by negative food reviews. What is stopping me from hiring 77 Randos to eat her food and say it is shit? She'd be dead.
b) Hina's number, affected by distance traveled, presumably has no inherent way of decreasing. Seems fair.
b2) Perhaps they'll mention that she has to travel at a certain pace or risk the number decreasing.
2. Are these Numbers not the result of some supernatural/God principles which govern the world? How can the military exert this challenge bs which undermines the rules of bigger numbers?
a) How does this world, in anyway, function given that anyone with a higher number can unilaterally command others of lesser rank.
3. Why did the military guy dismiss our resident badass by way of his low number as if it correlated to some sort of power level?
4. How has our girl here traveled 40000km over 5 years and seemingly acquired 0 real world knowledge? Her being so painfully naive is at odds with the supposed lore. She should pretty much be Kino, of Kino no Tabi, by this point. She should have experienced SOMETHING along that way.
b) I like the implication that the other simply "aged her up" so she could be "comfortably" sexualized, also potential shipping, without regarding the reality of someone having traveled vast distances over 5 incredibly formative years.
Dec 11, 2019 1:29 AM

Jul 2016
Hegar said:
Yes, how is it at all possible that she wouldn't know about the numbers? Hasn't she talked to ANYONE in all this time? And not even her mother told her? You have a number on your body but don't ask what it is? And in all this time she never told anyone what happened to her mother, so they could mention the Abyss?

Is that really a surprise when Hina herself stated she was live in a mountain with nothing but trees and rocks as a child? Also, based on the information we know from the manga, I doubt her mother actually know how count works in this world aside of the one from the Red Barons.

And yeah, Hina never asks anything related to count all this time because she never talk with other people even once in these 5 years until she meet Nana and Rihito (Hina talking with other girls in previous episode doesn't count since that one was filler). Even if she do, based on her conversation with Nana she only asked the others about Red Baron but not the count itself.

Shieldsss said:

It's confirmed this anime will have 24 episodes lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 11, 2019 1:36 AM
Dec 11, 2019 2:38 AM

Jul 2017
Ah...watching another Heaven's Lost Property ngl but this...for a first episode (out of 24 for 2 cours), it was alright.

We get introduced to the main girl Hina and her desperation to find the legendary Red Baron Ace which turns out to be the pervertic Licht.

And the Count system which tends to superiority and such, keeping it alive as the "order" and such, it is easily exploited with his rarity in time past.

Onto Episode 2 with a decent start.
Dec 11, 2019 7:36 AM
Oct 2018
Where’s the proof that it’s gonna be 24 episodes
Dec 11, 2019 7:51 AM

Jul 2016
Shieldsss said:
Where’s the proof that it’s gonna be 24 episodes

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1204015563829153793
Dec 11, 2019 4:43 PM
Jan 2018
Maybe i was expecting too much before, and it turn out just so so... Look like im not gonna continue...
Dec 13, 2019 8:44 PM

Jan 2017
dogshit anime, easy stay-away-from-this show
Dec 14, 2019 8:19 AM

Nov 2017
Looks like this will be a fanservice heavy show.
the plot seems interesting, and i quite liked the MC but i feel like a lot could go wrong with a plot like this. I hope this doesn't go that way
The animation i felt was a bit off in some places but it's nothing too bad.
Dec 14, 2019 8:30 AM

May 2009
character345 said:

Are you seriously expect whole will be spoiled in first episode?
1. Nana wouldn't have problem because if someone try to kill her because

4. In manga Hina said it was distance her mother walked. I don't know why did they change it

Dec 15, 2019 1:02 AM

Jul 2016
bastek66 said:
4. In manga Hina said it was distance her mother walked. I don't know why did they change it

That's translation error done by the translators, Hina said the exact same thing as the anime said in the manga too so there's not setting change here.
Dec 15, 2019 12:28 PM
Nov 2019
Plunderer has a very similar concept to the Hollywood Movie InTime.....
Dec 16, 2019 10:22 AM

Oct 2017

m i l d c o n f u s i o n

Just read the manga
Dec 17, 2019 1:36 AM

Jul 2016
Bunille said:

Hm? You didn't know that Funimation premiered the first two episodes earlier on their Youtube channel? That's how the first two episodes are available on internet earlier despite the show haven't start yet.
Dec 17, 2019 1:39 AM
Nov 2019
The plot of this show is very interesting however, i'm not a huge fan of the writing so far... That was a pretty ehh debut overall, the fight was kinda weak and the characters are already a little annoying and dumb to me. I'm pretty disappointed, after hearing about this show I was very intrigued and hoped for a much harder hitting 1st episode. Plunderer is currently sitting at a 5/10 for me, I'll be praying it gets better in the coming episodes.
GooneyTunezDec 17, 2019 1:43 AM
Dec 18, 2019 6:27 PM
Jun 2019
Hmm.. it's "Tate no Yuusha..."'s first, or should we say episode 0 like eh... pretty interesting..
i think for now the story still seemed a bit shallow, well it is first episode though, but I think its going to be pretty interesting.. looking forward to its official start..

the animation pretty decent although not my favorite

character wise, can we please not having a very much, too naive, MC please... it also did not make any sense that Hina already walked 40.000 km but having little to none knowledge of the world she live in...
and also, I think Hina is very much unnecessarily being sexuallized/abused here (by the author of course)... I don't really like it...
Dec 19, 2019 8:33 PM

Aug 2015
The author really put the number high on the inside of her thigh just so there could be endless shots of her legs being forcefully pried open, huh. Gotta have an excuse for repeated sexual assault upon your main character.

The hero is a pervert who's constantly the butt of jokes because of course he is. This show is 100% going to do that typical flip-flopping between "regal badass saviour" and "loser who can't get girls" shtick for the whole show and I'm already falling asleep.

The art is incredibly mediocre.

Yeah I'm dropping this in the garbage where it belongs.
whitherDec 19, 2019 8:45 PM
Dec 20, 2019 5:52 AM

Mar 2018
I really like the manga, though, this opening episode is as okay as it should. The thing is, these characters aren't the only main characters, and the story is much more complex in its own way(and it mean it in a positive way). It's just that the opening episode is kinda unappealing to some audiences.

But THAT's what the author wanted because even if it seems like a generic harem fantasy, it isn't. I must stop here or else it would ruin the fun of this story...

Just stick on it a little more. If the animation is still watchable then I think applying a 3-episode rule might do some justice for this anime before it gets thrashed by some careless watchers.
Dec 22, 2019 12:15 PM
Oct 2016
character345 said:

When them fans make a story, I guess. Mine would probably be even worse.
--NoReply_LurkMode--
Dec 23, 2019 12:08 PM

Apr 2018
Will this have much fanservice and ecchi moments or will it stay at the amount the episode had?

Dec 24, 2019 8:32 PM
Sep 2016
this one gonna be another tear jerker, for some reason thoo
Dec 25, 2019 2:09 PM

Jan 2018
NGL that was pretty garbage. It was like they saw fairytail's first episode, and seven deadly's first episode, and said, yeah, lets do that. And it was as bad as that sounds.
edit: also what is the point of saying numbers are a hierarchy system, if you can just engage someone in a dual and beat them up to get your way. the heroine hardly looked like she agreed to the dual, and it was not like a no game no life world where reality will bend to make your order happen. All it is, is the same thing the real world has, some one has a status you "must" respect it, or you could just do something underhanded to get your way. So that begs the question, whats the point of saying numbers denote power. ugh this whole thing makes me mad, such a quick drop
DogemyDec 25, 2019 2:13 PM
Dec 25, 2019 2:24 PM

Jan 2018
Nuba said:
dogshit anime, easy stay-away-from-this show

amen, i will smoke to that
Dec 25, 2019 6:18 PM

May 2009
Fl0ri4n said:
Will this have much fanservice and ecchi moments or will it stay at the amount the episode had?

Manga had more scenes because it's Minazuki Suu's manga.
Dec 26, 2019 3:50 AM
Dec 2019
zahrawaani31 said:
this one gonna be another tear jerker, for some reason thoo

Tears of laughter? :D

With how crap the world building was in the first two episodes I really hope this is a hidden isekai (they are in a gaming world because everything about the numbers system feels really artificial). Actually the female MC pretty much knows as much about this world, which she apparently travelled A LOT in, as your standard isekaid character. Of course, why would you EVER wonder what's up with all those numbers or that strange thing your mother was dragged into?

Actually the first episode made this show for me, Licht might already be the worst MC of winter season. Always funny to see the MC molesting girls on the street, only to continue molesting the female MC by using all his force to spread her legs. Really amazing stuff!

And boy, bet you can expect more of those molesting scenes, because the shadowy rape hands will surely grab on her thighs a couple more times (already done twice in 2 episodes!). What else could the point of putting her number there be?

Yeah, this is really, really bad trash - if it gets even worse might continue watching it for the LULZ :]
SylverthasDec 26, 2019 4:26 AM
Dec 27, 2019 3:01 PM
Aug 2017
Crazy, why do most anime do that thing were the girl almost gets or get sexually attacked then the mc comes to the rescue lmao. Good start tho, seems like it hasnt been officially aired.
Dec 28, 2019 3:27 AM

Jul 2016
Sylverthas said:
With how crap the world building was in the first two episodes I really hope this is a hidden isekai (they are in a gaming world because everything about the numbers system feels really artificial). Actually the female MC pretty much knows as much about this world, which she apparently travelled A LOT in, as your standard isekaid character. Of course, why would you EVER wonder what's up with all those numbers or that strange thing your mother was dragged into?

Sadly this is not isekai anime lol.

Also, was the anime did a bad job at explaining stuffs or did you guys didn't paid attention when watching the episode? Why does the reason that Hina doesn't know anything so hard for you guys to understand?

MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Is that really a surprise when Hina herself stated she was live in a mountain with nothing but trees and rocks as a child? Also, based on the information we know from the manga, I doubt her mother actually know how count works in this world aside of the one from the Red Barons.

And yeah, Hina never asks anything related to count all this time because she never talk with other people even once in these 5 years until she meet Nana and Rihito (Hina talking with other girls earlier doesn't count since that one was filler). Even if she do, based on her conversation with Nana she only asked the others about Red Baron but not the count itself.

I mean, I find this reason quite stupid but at least it does make senses on how Hina don't have any knowledge about the counts.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 28, 2019 3:30 AM
Dec 29, 2019 6:48 PM

Sep 2018
shiro_kai said:
The anime seems alright but the shounen authors and their thing for "attempted rape" is annoying as always.

Who the hellstill like this kind of fan service? Oh, yeah, the japaneses. ...Fuck.

oh? didn't watch the first episode but thanks for the trigger warning
won't be watching.
I'm asking seriously: why is this so prominent in anime? it makes me sick
Dec 29, 2019 7:41 PM

Sep 2015
renyoo said:
shiro_kai said:

oh? didn't watch the first episode but thanks for the trigger warning
won't be watching.
I'm asking seriously: why is this so prominent in anime? it makes me sick

Some people joke about the "nukes" but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with their repressed sexuality/ society. It's a really annoying fetish anyway.
Dec 30, 2019 7:24 AM

Jul 2014
This was not only cliched but just badly thought out too. This number thing makes no sense in the way it was showed. Stupid sexual and rapey attacks on the female lead. Seems like girls in this anime will exist either for fanservice or to be a damsel in distress. On top of that the female lead is dumb as hell.
Dec 30, 2019 12:31 PM

Dec 2015
Shieldsss said:

You can always assume it’s gonna be 12 episodes. On any show. Unless confirmed otherwise.
Dec 30, 2019 5:16 PM
May 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Bunille said:

Hm? You didn't know that Funimation premiered the first two episodes earlier on their Youtube channel? That's how the first two episodes are available on internet earlier despite the show haven't start yet.
will they air the first two normally when the show starts to air?
Dec 31, 2019 12:58 AM

Jul 2016
AMcLemore_ said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

will they air the first two normally when the show starts to air?

Basically, yes...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Such squandered potential.

LemonadeSamurai - Mar 5

20 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Mar 26, 6:40 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

43 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

85 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2020

63 by vhowl »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:09 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2020

87 by Kizoku_150 »»
Sep 11, 2023 11:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.