Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 8, 2019 10:08 AM
5 months ago, I changed my MAL theme on Stylish for dark theme, but I didn't like it, so I changed back for the default theme. But, since then, all anime posters are ugly for me, with 144p quality. Main menu, anime page, anime page pictures, my list, everything related with pics. I tried to change browsers, but this doesnt help. Idk what to do and Im seriously thinking about leaving this website.
Modified by -Daark-, Dec 8, 2019 10:13 AM

Dec 8, 2019 9:31 PM

Click the "Reset to Default" button on the theme you have selected when you go to the style preview page.

Try reading this if that didn't help:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=439897

Just some guy who likes anime

Dec 8, 2019 11:08 PM

-Daark- said:
Vivator said:
Click the "Reset to Default" button on the theme you have selected when you go to the style preview page.

Try reading this if that didn't help:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=439897

The problem is not only with my list, but with the whole site

Oh, sorry, didn't realize that.

I'll try to see if I can help, but I need more info.
Is it affecting just this site or multiple sites? What browser(s) do you use?

Dec 9, 2019 9:05 PM

-Daark- said:
Vivator said:

Oh, sorry, didn't realize that.

I'll try to see if I can help, but I need more info.
Is it affecting just this site or multiple sites? What browser(s) do you use?

Just this site. I used Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Vivald. All of them with this problem.

I tried looking up some solutions, but I couldn't find anything. I hope someone else can help soon. Sorry.

Dec 9, 2019 9:59 PM

@-Daark-
It sounds like Stylish somehow broke everything but it's also broken in all browsers, so strange. Maybe there's an extension being used in multiple browsers that is causing the issue?

I have no solutions but if I was in your position I would install CCleaner (free) then clear everything out of all the browsers except saved passwords, and also uninstall all unnecessary and unfamiliar non-Windows aps. I'd also open Chrome or w/e browser you're using with extensions turned off and see if that restores the pics. This way you eliminate the possibility that an extension is causing the issue. That might be best to try first, actually. Definitely turn off Stylish and see how things look then after restarting the browser. If the pic quality comes back, then probably there's an extension causing the issue and you'd have to narrow down which one it is.

I tried this when I had malware I couldn't pin down and it was actually an extension that had gone rogue :/

As a last resort, you could do Reset on Chrome and see if pic quality comes back. That would let you know if the problem is in browsers or not, though it sounds like it's not.
Modified by Shishio-kun, Dec 9, 2019 10:06 PM

Dec 10, 2019 7:51 PM

-Daark- said:
Shishio-kun said:
@-Daark-
It sounds like Stylish somehow broke everything but it's also broken in all browsers, so strange. Maybe there's an extension being used in multiple browsers that is causing the issue?

I have no solutions but if I was in your position I would install CCleaner (free) then clear everything out of all the browsers except saved passwords, and also uninstall all unnecessary and unfamiliar non-Windows aps. I'd also open Chrome or w/e browser you're using with extensions turned off and see if that restores the pics. This way you eliminate the possibility that an extension is causing the issue. That might be best to try first, actually. Definitely turn off Stylish and see how things look then after restarting the browser. If the pic quality comes back, then probably there's an extension causing the issue and you'd have to narrow down which one it is.

I tried this when I had malware I couldn't pin down and it was actually an extension that had gone rogue :/

As a last resort, you could do Reset on Chrome and see if pic quality comes back. That would let you know if the problem is in browsers or not, though it sounds like it's not.

Didnt work. I talked with some of my friends and their images are horrible too. The only website which images are with good quality is Microsoft Edge.

Ah so even with a Chrome reset it didn't work. So there has to be some difference between Edge and other browsers that lets you all see the quality pics. No idea what that could be tho :/

Dec 11, 2019 5:16 PM

Same problem here, same context.
Lusophones of the world, hear my podcast:
http://podanimecast.com.br