Forum Settings
Forums

Is your favourite MC from your favourite show?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Is your favourite MC from your favourite show?

Dec 8, 2019 8:57 AM
Freedom!

My favourite show is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood but my favourite main character is Akko from Little Witch Academia (my second favourite show which imo should be a Top 10 show btw)

I am officially declaring for Atsuko “Akko” Kagari as Best Main Character.

How about you guys? (I’m addressing all genders)

Modified by FlowersInTheRain, Dec 8, 2019 10:11 AM
Just got out of MAL purgatory, cuh!

*New Track* Booette's Mansion

Current mood: Samaris - Hljoma Bu (Muted Remix)

Dec 8, 2019 9:00 AM

Yes (Okabe Rintaoru). Likely because characters are one of the most important factors that lead to me liking a show.

Dec 8, 2019 9:02 AM

I don't know who my favorite MC is but it's definitely not motoko from ghost in the shell, my favorite anime.
I really enjoy those "helicopter ride" memes

Dec 8, 2019 9:03 AM

Some are, some aren't. One of them is from a show that's not even out yet.

Dec 8, 2019 9:10 AM

Well, some of my favorite MC characters are Kaiji, Issei, Kazuma, Joseph Joestar, and some of my favorite anime are Ultimate Survivor Kaiji, Highschool DxD season 2 (yes I know I'm trash), Konosuba, and Jojo.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Dec 8, 2019 9:12 AM

I feel like if the mc was just boring i would be able to get over it and not care too much.But if i actively hate the mc for whatever reason,i am pretty sure i will be having that thought in the back of mind every time the anime shifts the focus back on the mc.Which is why for a show to be my favourite i have to not hate the mc,or at least feel lukewarm about it.

Dec 8, 2019 9:13 AM

Oof read title wrong, favorite MC, not MCs.

Either way yes my favorite MC is in my favorite show. Whether that be Leouch, Deku, or Taiga, their shows are in my favorites too.

Dec 8, 2019 9:16 AM

Edward is my favorite MC of all time and FMA: Brothaz in da hood is my favorite animey eva.
Logan Lerman is the love of my life. Someday we'll marry.
Asuna, Emilia and Zelda are the ultimate goddesses of everything that's good and pure.
Zack Fair, Mahiro Fuwa and Edward Elric are the best boys of all time.
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi is the best work of fiction ever recorded in human history.
Yuki Kajiura's music can cure and heal every disease ever known by men. Oblivious is her magnum opus.
Women are the scum of this earth, and I can assure you they're well aware of that.

One is a lie. The other ones are not. DEUS VULT!

Dec 8, 2019 9:18 AM
Freedom!

Milennin said:

I’m guessing that you are a manga reader?

Nick-Knight said:
Edward is my favorite MC of all time and FMA: Brothaz in da hood is my favorite animey eva.

In da hood lol. Couple of pranks went wrong in that show didn’t they? Wink-wink, nudge-nudge. 😁

Dec 8, 2019 9:29 AM

FlowersInTheRain said:
Milennin said:

No, she's from a game, lol. Getting the anime in January.

Dec 8, 2019 9:52 AM

Off the top of my head when I think of favorite MC, the names that pop up are Hikigaya Hachiman and Shinichi Kudo (Conan) whose anime I haven't added to my favorites list. I do like the MCs of my favorite anime but they aren't exactly my most favorites.

Dec 8, 2019 9:55 AM
My favorite show is Hyouka but my favourite main charcter is Touka Kirishima from Tokyo Ghoul

Dec 8, 2019 9:59 AM

If this would have been top 2 (or more) favorites, then it would have been a yes.

Since you went with the most favorite franchise with most favorite character, then no.

JoJo is my favorite franchise. Gintoki is my favorite character (Gintama)
After that, Gintama is my second favorite franchise, while peak Joseph Joestar is my second favorite character.

Dec 8, 2019 10:01 AM

I'm not sure, I never really thought about who my #1 character is, I just have a pool of favorite characters that keeps growing. But Spike is definitely among those chars.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Dec 8, 2019 10:56 AM

Not always.. but sometimes.

I liked all the shows that my favorite main characters come from :)

Dec 8, 2019 11:19 AM
Isekai MC

Yes. Motoko's been my favorite character since I watched GITS like a decade ago, and that hasn't change.

Dec 8, 2019 11:23 AM

No. My favorite MC is Gintoki, but my favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop.

Dec 8, 2019 11:40 AM
Freedom!

Milennin said:
FlowersInTheRain said:

No, she's from a game, lol. Getting the anime in January.

Oh cool which game? I’ve started watching Granblue Fantasy because there is a Granblue fighting game coming out next year and I want to know the story behind the characters. I saw the game for the first time at London Comic Con in October this year.

Modified by FlowersInTheRain, Dec 8, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 8, 2019 11:45 AM

Yeah! My fav is One Piece,so obviously Monkey D. Luffy is my fav MC.

Dec 8, 2019 11:50 AM

nope but that character is in my top 10 characters Senkuu is at the top at the moment.

Dec 8, 2019 12:40 PM

FlowersInTheRain said:
Oh cool which game? I’ve started watching Granblue Fantasy because there is a Granblue fighting game coming out next year and I want to know the story behind the characters. I saw the game for the first time at London Comic Con in October this year.

Magia Record, some spin-off from Madoka Magica. It's a mobile game with a surprisingly fun story, so having an anime for it will be cool to see the story getting animated, assuming it follows that of the game.

I've heard of Granblue Fantasy, but never actually played it. All I've heard of it is that it's a massive timesink, lol. Then again, that's what mobile games are made to be...

Dec 8, 2019 12:50 PM
My favourite MC is Yato from Noragami, but Noragami isn't in my favourites, so no.

Dec 8, 2019 12:58 PM
Freedom!

Milennin said:
FlowersInTheRain said:

Magia Record, some spin-off from Madoka Magica. It's a mobile game with a surprisingly fun story, so having an anime for it will be cool to see the story getting animated, assuming it follows that of the game.

I've heard of Granblue Fantasy, but never actually played it. All I've heard of it is that it's a massive timesink, lol. Then again, that's what mobile games are made to be...

Sounds cool! Let me tag my buddy here who loves some Madoka!
@SadMadoka

Dec 8, 2019 3:57 PM
Meme Master

Well, now that I've been tagged, I might as well post here. My favorite anime character is Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z. It's nowhere near my #1 anime (which is FMAB, like you) and Vegeta isn't "the" main character of DBZ (Goku) either, though he's one of the main characters.

Dec 8, 2019 11:49 PM

It would appear that only one of my top 10 favorite characters is from one of my top 10 favorite anime. However, I still enjoyed all the anime my top 10 favorite characters are from.
I think the reason for this is that if an anime is on my favorites list on my profile, I don't need to specify that one of the characters is one of my favorites. It's kind of already implied that I enjoyed the characters if the anime they are from is in my favorites list.

I know you didn't ask specifically about our lists or anything, it's just that I really haven't put much thought about my favorite characters outside of just picking some for my profile.

Dec 8, 2019 11:58 PM

Not quite. I think if a media piece is good enough to become a favorite of mine, then the main cast is balanced in a way that I'm hard pressed to have a favorite.

Exception goes for Taiga & Toradora, which is more of a guilty pleasure.

Dec 9, 2019 12:10 AM

I don't have a single one favorite character, therefore I can't say my 'favorite' is from my favorite show, but out of the less limited pool of my 'most favorite characters,' yes some are, though this shouldn't be too surprising anymore.
----------------------------------------------------------

Dec 9, 2019 12:15 AM

My top favorite anime is Steins;Gate, but my top favorite character is Dazai from Bungou Stray Dogs.

Dec 9, 2019 12:20 AM

Nope, but I do like the protagonists of my favourite shows in general as well.

Dec 9, 2019 2:12 AM

Yes My top Anime Is SNK equal with Demon slayers. Eren Yeager is my most favourite main character in anime.

Dec 9, 2019 2:17 AM

My favorite anime main character is sakata gintoki, hi is real reason to why Gintama is my favorite anime

Dec 9, 2019 2:19 AM

Almost in my case. Baccano (which has no legitimate MC) is my favorite anime, but my favorite character is Keima, the mc of The World God Only Knows which happens to be my 2nd favorite anime AND manga (my favorite manga is Pandora Hearts).

Allow me to teach you something useful:
My Top 20 Japanese Cartoons
Many people say that anime is not a cartoon. But in the end, they're nothing more but drawings on paper.
Anime elitists in a nutshell...
Haruhi Suzumiya<Yuki Nagato

Dec 9, 2019 7:50 AM

both Lelouch and Eren come from my favorites anime
everyday, we stray further from god

Dec 9, 2019 2:35 PM

Rei and Hinata are my favourite male and female character in all anime respectively (though if manga included the latter no longer holds true) and 3-gatsu is my favourite show, so yes.

Let my blood taint your dreams!
Let the Grail be cursed!
Let the wish it grants bring disaster!
And when you fall into the pits of hell...
Remember the rage of Diarmuid!

Dec 9, 2019 3:07 PM

My favorite show is Yamato 2199. But Misaka Mikoto is my favorite character.

Dec 9, 2019 3:12 PM
*sips coffee*

No, but she's from my favorite manga.

Regarding anime, my favorite MC is from my sixth-favorite show.

Dec 9, 2019 3:16 PM

Kinda

If we talk about manga, then yes, Guts and Johnny are also my top 2 in terms of their series.

In anime it differs because I love Saki from Shinsekai Yori, but I am not sure which is my favorite anime nowadays. Also, my favorite characters are usually not the MC but a supporting or secondary.

Dec 9, 2019 3:24 PM
My favorite anime is Saki, but the MC of Saki, Miyanaga Saki is not even my favorite character in the anime (Hisa and Koromo are my favorites), let alone my favorite MC.

My favorite MCs are Okazaki Tomoya from Clannad, Okabe Rintaro from Steins;Gate, Erin from Kemono no Souja, and Maro Eichiro from Baby Steps.

Tomoya and Rintaro have some of the best development of any MCs I have seen in anime ever.

Erin is absolutely adorable as a child. She sticks to her morals no matter how grave the situation gets, and she has to persevere through so much terrible crap. She is easily one of the most uplifting and inspiring characters in anime.

Ei-chan is another inspiring character. He starts playing tennis at a late age, with little physical ability, but works his ass off in an attempt to become a pro. He learns from his mistakes instead of dwelling on them. He really makes me think that with a little hard work, anything is possible.

Dec 9, 2019 8:20 PM

Actually, suprisingly not.

text limittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Dec 9, 2019 8:41 PM

Not all of them, some are also from my favorite mangas or LNs.
My Queens

Dec 10, 2019 3:59 AM
I guess. I love all my JoJos and JoJo is my fave anime. I also love senku from dr. stone.

Dec 10, 2019 4:17 AM

Yes because these shows have MCs that I root heavily to win
~Spiritual Healing~

Dec 10, 2019 4:25 AM

The heroine we follow throughout K-On! mostly is Yui Hirasawa and if we don’t include my #1 character (who isn’t from an anime) I guess the answer for the question would be yes.

If, for some reason, you don’t count Yui as the main member we follow at Afterschool Tea Time then my favorite main character would be Koyomi Araragi and sadly, he’s not in K-On!

Dec 10, 2019 5:33 AM

Yes, Zoro from One Piece, if you count him as a MC.

Dec 10, 2019 5:39 AM
I do not think so. My favourite series was and is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, although I do not favour any characters too much, there. I do admire Lordgenome the most, but I would not call him a favourite.
Ah I will Mitsuru from Darling in the FranXX. He is edgy, has edgy hairstyle, is quite passionate and got the most endowed lass in the series. A hero for sure.
Re:formed

Dec 10, 2019 5:49 AM

My favourite MC is Lelouch so yeah. All Hail Lelouch

Dec 10, 2019 5:54 AM

No, at least currently lol
My favorite MC is Gintoki from Gintama and my favorite show is JJBA (however, my second favorite MC is Bruno from JJBA)

Dec 10, 2019 5:55 AM
Big Yes, the main characters are the ones carrying the story for me therefore I don't like shows with a weak or a boring protagonist, same with shows trying to share the screen time between a group of odd balls

Dec 10, 2019 7:40 AM

Lol, of course. My characters MAKE my shows.

Dec 11, 2019 9:35 AM

you mean if my favorite anime and fav characters match? if that the case then of course not. they're completely opposites. and i have some MCs on because the rest are like side chara :(

this sounds interesting cuz it seems all characters are average to me, it's my favorite anime because of other reasons. same happens when i choose characters as my favs of all time.
★★おっぱいが好き。★★

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »