Forum Settings
Forums

What anime are you the most knowledgeable about?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
Dec 8, 2019 12:57 AM

Probably is the anime you've rewatched the most, but what anime you know to the T. You can hope any discussion and remember almost every little moment no matter how small it is. You always find conversation topic and it's easy for you to formulate ideas. You've probably read the manga and watched the anime.

For me: SAO, SNK, Fate, Evangelion, Koe No Katachi and Madoka. I'm about even with my knowledge of all of these and can recite word for word most of the big scenes.
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate

Dec 8, 2019 1:06 AM

Steins;Gate - I've watched all of the existing anime & rewatched all of them while also have played the vn.
Erased - Yeah, I'm obsessed with time travel stories
Kaguya-sama - The only manga that I keep tabs on as of now
~Spiritual Healing~

Dec 8, 2019 1:32 AM

Probably Madoka Magica and Clannad but I'm not the type that like to remember every little details

Dec 8, 2019 1:36 AM

Since it's my childhood and me and my friends obsessed over it, i'll have to say Naruto.
REVIVE MECHA

Dec 8, 2019 2:01 AM

Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. I re-read manga and rewatched the anime of these series so many times. I could literally name every jutsu, chakra nature and kekkei genkai from Naruto, every shikai, bankai and Gotei 13 shinigami from Bleach and every devil fruit from One Piece. 🤓

Dec 8, 2019 2:26 AM
It's gotta be One Piece, considering how much I've discussed the series on Reddit and the One Piece wikia in the past 3-4 years.

Dec 8, 2019 2:29 AM

The Monogatari Series
Rewatched 4 times and read the light novel.

Dec 8, 2019 2:39 AM

Probably Noragami and Howls Moving Castle, since I've watched them multiple times and have read the source material for both.

Dec 8, 2019 2:45 AM

probably hi no tori
it's one of my few rewatches, after reading the manga.. i think i still know the differences quite well

Dec 8, 2019 8:04 AM

Pokemon the first movie/mewtwo strikes back. I watched it a lot as a child. Otherwise it's Berserk 1997 that I know best, I've re-watched it and experienced the golden age arc through the movies and the manga.

Dec 8, 2019 8:14 AM
Having read the source material two times, it's probably Umineko. By that, I mean how the anime adaptation is a total failure in so many ways.

Dec 8, 2019 8:18 AM

For me it's definitely One Piece, both anime and manga. I'm familiar with the whole OP world.
Everyone should read Tower of God.

Dec 8, 2019 8:21 AM
Madoka Magica. I've gone through every material related to main series. I've watched the 3 movies as many times Homura has traveled to the past.

Dec 8, 2019 8:34 AM

I'm from the future, and I'm the forefront expert on the final arc of One Piece. Ask me anything!

This glorious signature made by @Mayumi leads to my
superior reviews! Most Recent: Mirai of the Future!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Having exquisite animation does not a good anime make.
There is nothing wrong with liking slice-of-life/iyashikei.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There is always top-shelf anime.
You should be watching both blue jacket Lupin III series."

Dec 8, 2019 8:37 AM
I think that Hunter x Hunter requires that the readers remember everything that nen can do.

Dec 8, 2019 8:37 AM

*Which

As for the question, I don't actually think I'm 'very knowledgable' about any individual anime. I usually don't spend a lot of time on individual shows. I'll read the occasional interview or analysis of a show I really like, but I never do it exhaustively, in the sense of consuming everything about the show that exists.

I'M definitely more of a Jack of all trades but a Master of None in that regard. I'm more prone to zooming out and wanting to understand the big picture, the industry, the history, the key figures, the basics of animation and of storytelling, rather than zooming in and becoming an expert on any individual show. I don't rewatch a whole lot, for starters. I don't ever read the source after the anime. I don't often research interviews with creators (or when I do the interviews aren't about specific shows) and I'm not very interested in 'making of' kind of scenarios either.

I obviously know more about my favorites than I do about random shows I've seen, but in the end I'll always bow to the expertise of more dedicated fans because I know how deep people will go into one show, and I can't keep up with that. In return I know more than most people about most broader topics related to anime, like history, genres, industry, specific decades, animation and animation techniques in general etc...

Although even in those areas there are most likely people who are more of an expert. But I always wanted to know as much as possible about as many different things/aspects as possible rather than wanting to know as much as possible about any one specific show or aspect of anime. So I'm happy with my broad and varied knowledge about thousands of different anime and dozens of anime-related topics and I wouldn't want to change it for any kind of more narrow expertise.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Dec 8, 2019 8:39 AM

Daniel_Naumov said:
Sidonia no Kishi

What did you think of the human clones who can switch their gender based on what gender their partner desires? Isn't that enough to cement itself as sci-fi of the decade.

poop

Dec 8, 2019 8:41 AM

It's either SNK or One Piece. I've basically bathed in the lore for both of these series at this point lol

Dec 8, 2019 8:44 AM

I'm probably most knowledgeable about Re:Zero and SAO. I've re-watched the anime adaptations a few times and have even read the source materials for each. I'm also very knowledgeable about Pokemon, mainly because I grew up watching it, and I can name almost every Pokemon just by seeing their picture

Dec 8, 2019 8:45 AM

Probably i have most knowledge on gintama s anime ,haikyuu and working prob be seconds.I rewacthed them a lot

Dec 8, 2019 8:53 AM
shanimebib said:
SAO. It is utter garbage. 30 Characters.

Did you post this in the right thread?

Dec 8, 2019 9:09 AM

My most rewatched anime is Akira. I had the VHS (somewhere in the basement along other cassettes and the VHS player) and later the DVD but I am not sure if I remember everything correctly because a lot of things happen in it and haven't watched in a while.

Also I am watching anime for fun, not always paying attention to the details - just for the audio-visual experience unless is some kind of mystery...but those are kind of repetitive on shows like Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo and Detetive Conan so I mostly remember the characters and setting but not the fake alibi tricks.

Dec 8, 2019 9:14 AM

shanimebib said:
SAO. It is utter garbage. 30 Characters.

Hey cmon man, it’s not that bad. 30c

Dec 8, 2019 9:18 AM

Pokemon and Naruto, I've been with them for so long.

Dec 8, 2019 9:20 AM
I'd have to go with Erased. I've rewatched it many times and am always 100% engaged in it.

Dec 8, 2019 9:24 AM

Kyo Kara Maoh, very unfortunately. If I had a time machine I would certainly go to past and ask myself to pick a better series to get deeply involved with. The creators of this series are sick in the head who call abusive bastards that try to rape their love interest as "manly and capable" men and decent ones as "incompetent losers" for not making any moves.
Modified by Maou_heika, Dec 8, 2019 9:28 AM

Dec 8, 2019 9:30 AM
Esquirtit said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Sidonia no Kishi

What did you think of the human clones who can switch their gender based on what gender their partner desires? Isn't that enough to cement itself as sci-fi of the decade.

I think even Boogiepop was dealing with these concepts before the century even began. But is definitely a grand series, looking forward to whenever the final season comes... please...
Re:formed

Dec 8, 2019 9:58 AM
Inuyasha from having watched it so many time

Dec 8, 2019 10:07 AM
NamikazeHime said:
Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. I re-read manga and rewatched the anime of these series so many times. I could literally name every jutsu, chakra nature and kekkei genkai from Naruto, every shikai, bankai and Gotei 13 shinigami from Bleach and every devil fruit from One Piece. 🤓

I can't believe you have re-watched and re-read big 3 not ones but multiple times. Are you even human?

Dec 8, 2019 10:07 AM

I don't know, I honestly think that the anime I've rated 9/10 and 10/10 are the ones I know most about. But I won't know until someone asks me.

Dec 8, 2019 10:09 AM

Shingeki no kyojin. I know a lot of stuff, even tiniest of details like

Dec 8, 2019 11:18 AM

Boku no Hero Academia and the Suzumiya Haruhi series.

Dec 8, 2019 11:23 AM

Probably Hetalia. I've watched it more times than I should admit to.

Dec 8, 2019 12:47 PM

Sebgre said:
NamikazeHime said:

I can't believe you have re-watched and re-read big 3 not ones but multiple times. Are you even human?

I'm not a human, I'm a Super Saiyan. Jk, I always go back to these three. Fun fact - I watched Chunin exams arc 14 times💁‍♀️

Dec 8, 2019 12:57 PM

Definitely Shingeki no Kyojin. Was my first anime and I proceed to rewatch and reread it every now and then.

Dec 8, 2019 12:58 PM

Probably some of my favorite anime series.

The 4 shows I remember the most is Baccano (I'm watching it for the 3rd time), Durarara (1st season only), The World God Only Knows (rewatched twice and read the manga) and Haruhi Suzumiya (rewatched this couple of times already).

Allow me to teach you something useful:
My Top 20 Japanese Cartoons
Many people say that anime is not a cartoon. But in the end, they're nothing more but drawings on paper.
Anime elitists in a nutshell...
Haruhi Suzumiya<Yuki Nagato

Dec 8, 2019 1:11 PM
for me it would be
Symphogear series
yuki yuna series
Black rock shooter

Dec 8, 2019 1:25 PM

I had read most books the WMT series were based on and watched all series, so I can know the differences.

Dec 8, 2019 1:27 PM

Fartmetal Alchemist and pokemon. I’ve dedicated my life to these series for some reason

Dec 8, 2019 2:37 PM
I guess One Piece and JoJo. I can talk about jojo lore for days. Same goes for one piece. Those are two shows I have gotten really invested in.

Dec 8, 2019 2:45 PM

Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It's one of the things that I love obsessively researching, and it's been my favorite anime for about seven years now.

Dec 8, 2019 3:01 PM
Magician of Nom

My Hero Academia, Zombieland Saga, Osomatsu-san

Dec 8, 2019 3:15 PM

Working on a master's degree in Aria Studies with a focus on Zuntaka-Pokoten theory.

Dec 8, 2019 4:14 PM

For me: Inuyasha, Koi Kaze, and Haibane Renmei.

Otherwise known as my top three. This is also the case though because they're the ones I've rewatched the most (at least 3-5 times depending on which) and have the most passion for. But I suppose having the interest and passion to begin with is what led to revisiting them multiple times, so it's self-reinforcing.

I'm sure I could speak in a sizable amount of detail about any I've rated 9 or 10 though, but those three are definitely the ones I could cite dialogue verbatim or tiny fragments of moments of scenes and feel confident speaking about it in any venue. Since they latched onto my psyche. I feel like my familiarity with those stories is as if they actually transpired as they've already become disentangled from other entertainment in my mind and filed away with the "real" memories.
Modified by WatchTillTandava, Dec 8, 2019 4:19 PM

Dec 8, 2019 4:17 PM
Fairy Gone. I know everything I need to put a "wasted" label on it.
Re:formed

Dec 8, 2019 4:19 PM

I'm literally the foremost expert on Ergo Proxy. Even that professor in Japan's who's written like three separate papers on it has nothing on me.

Dec 8, 2019 4:20 PM

Gundam

And I have the degree to prove it.

Dec 8, 2019 5:02 PM

Naruto Shippuden. I even watched all the fillers. Multiple times...

Dec 8, 2019 8:30 PM

I mean, I guess Trigun, but there are people that know more than I do.

There's no one that loves Vash more than I do, though. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 8, 2019 9:31 PM

Well... y'know...

That said, season one's episodes kinda blend together for me, while I can fairly accurately pinpoint the season and episode that a frame is from that's between Dragon Destiny and Western Wolves, which kinda comes with the territory of spending hundreds of hours putting together AMV Hell-like videos of the show since 2015.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »