Forum Settings
Forums

Will you still watch anime if the cute girls disappear?

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 9, 2019 4:42 AM

Dec 2013
I love LOGH! Yes, please!

Besides, we'd still have bishounen~
Dec 9, 2019 4:47 AM

Oct 2013
CGDCT gone? Good riddance.

But everything else too would be too much.
Dec 9, 2019 4:58 AM

Jul 2016
miyadera said:
for sure, id much prefer all-male casts in anime. lolis especially annoy the hell out of me, good riddance to them. does my opinion still count if im a girl though? i guess if its the other way around, id probably lose interest if anime was just all-female casts.

True though,if it was the other way around with all female casts i would absolutely lose interest.I mean if we are looking at the bigger perspective here,look at how many anime mcs and characters are males,if there were no male characters it would be a change too big too handle.And I am pretty sure anime would be filled with moe trash by that point so i would much rather there be no female characters.It´s not like i like them that much anyways,husbandos over waifus anyday please.
SummerynDec 9, 2019 5:06 AM
Dec 9, 2019 6:25 AM

Jan 2018
While I do enjoy my fair share of moeblob series, I'd still be fine if they weren't around anymore. I don't like anime specifically for the cute girls they're more of a nice bonus that comes along with the package for me at least.

Now if mecha, on the other hand, disappeared then we'd have a problem XD You can take away a mecha otaku's moe but you don't touch their robots!
A treasure the color of the rainbow, the color of happiness
Dec 9, 2019 6:28 AM

Sep 2017
Definitely not.

But,strangely enough, 2 of my top 3 all time favourites (HxH,Gintama) do not contain cute girls.
Dec 9, 2019 6:38 AM

Aug 2018
TolkienFan365 said:
foxize said:

The people who like x in this case are usually shallow self centered assholes. If there are less of them, great! I see no problem. And as anime goes, don't a lot of studios struggle with minimum wage paying jobs...? It would help a lot if it was supported more by shit like Netflix, which is why you "should care what outsiders think"..

Amazing generalization while ignoring that you desiring genres you don't like to be purged is also incredibly self centred. Secondly no it wouldn't the anime industry is thriving right now making more money than ever. This includes selling shows that either have said content in it or shows that are very ahem.... not mainstream. Netflix has marketed that stuff as well. Literally how I am watching Kill La Kill.

The anime industry making more money doesn't actually help animators at all nor does Netflix help animators. Anime animators have been upfront about this. Any actual change there has to come within the industry or the Japanese government putting their foot down and fixing some of the ways studios abuse their talent. Honestly the massive increase in profitability is why animators are being pushed to the breaking point. More and more shows are being green lit which has caused an overstrain on animators due to how many of them actually are. I also fail to see how ecchi or hentai leads to animator abuse or poor industry practices. It isn't relevant at all to the discussion. Anime has continued to make the same content it always has and is seeing major success with profits doubling over the course of this decade.

Western animation also has it's share of poor industry practices. Netflix recently got in trouble with this for their Carmen Sandiego cartoon and how they treated the animation staff for it. Lol if you think they are actually going to bring good practices to the anime industry.

You can see this in the gaming industry as well like Nier Automata being a major success despite the initial aesthetic and perception some initially would have of the game. Anime/manga is it's own niche developing that and expanding it is fine however isolating and ignoring current fans would be a very poor decision to make. Ultimately that could result in no new fans jumping on and older fans feeling marginalized. The biggest reason it attracts so many people is the variety the goal should be to expand that not shrink it for what is perceived as mainstream.

Honestly one of the more accepting and best parts of the anime/manga community is honestly the dojin side. Pretty friendly helpful people. I do have my share of problems with how anime/manga tends to handle sexual aspects but at the same time I got to say most of my experiences have been vastly better than those who hate it.

Valid points if they're accurate, then I am wrong and I concede it. My bad for not researching and assuming!
Dec 9, 2019 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
you nibbas is pucci clowns no rap cap who needs they girls when you got they weights to lift #fitness #grind #health #liceulteoreticbogdanvoda #gains #ripped #legday
Dec 9, 2019 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
iwantdiemii said:
you nibbas is pucci clowns no rap cap who needs they girls when you got they weights to lift #fitness #grind #health #liceulteoreticbogdanvoda #gains #ripped #legday

I can agree with that outlook on life.
Dec 9, 2019 8:06 AM

Oct 2018
Ofc. Anime isn't all about cutesy things in general.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Dec 9, 2019 8:12 AM

Feb 2018
I mean, no one said cute boys will disappear, so-

Dec 9, 2019 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
dc22 said:
CGDCT gone? Good riddance.

But everything else too would be too much.

But that would include Luluco too!
30 character limit
Dec 9, 2019 9:08 AM

Mar 2019
Who cares? "gender" in "anime" is nothing more than an informed trait anyway.

They will just make the same characters and call them boys, problem solved.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Dec 9, 2019 9:09 AM

Jul 2019
Imagine watching an anime like Miru Tights with an all male cast. :/
Dec 9, 2019 9:41 AM

Apr 2019
LOGH also has cute girls sorry mate.

SkydiverRed said:
Definitely not.

But,strangely enough, 2 of my top 3 all time favourites (HxH,Gintama) do not contain cute girls.

except they do

Kallua and Komugi... best girls
also Bisky , the Bee Girl and a bunch of others

Gintama really dude
do you pretend Kagura to not exist de aru?

.. Tsukuyo?.. doesnt get any cuter
Sarutobi?

well
i guess it depends on the definition of cute lmao
Nim0174Dec 9, 2019 9:51 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Dec 9, 2019 9:59 AM

Sep 2017
Nim0174 said:
LOGH also has cute girls sorry mate.

SkydiverRed said:
Definitely not.

except they do

Kallua and Komugi... best girls
also Bisky , the Bee Girl and a bunch of others

Gintama really dude
do you pretend Kagura to not exist de aru?

.. Tsukuyo?.. doesnt get any cuter
Sarutobi?

well
i guess it depends on the definition of cute lmao

Yeah, by cute girls I was meaning to say lolis and even if cute girls exist that's not why I like Hxh and Gintama so much.(Even without cute girls they would still be in my top 3)
Dec 9, 2019 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
If cute anime girls disappears then that means wholesome cute anime boys, nice
Dec 9, 2019 10:33 AM

Aug 2017
I start withhout cute girls and will end with it.
Dec 9, 2019 11:23 AM
Feb 2018
I would watch a lot more anime if fanservice didn't ruin them
Dec 9, 2019 11:27 AM

Apr 2015
Nah, one of the main reasons I like anime is because of the cute girls.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Dec 9, 2019 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
Mostly watch Shonen/Seinen so I'll be fine.
Dec 9, 2019 11:30 AM

May 2016
Wouldn't bother me that much. It'd be sad to see slice-of-life shows go, but I'd still have far more stuff to watch than I could reasonably manage, so...oh, well!

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Dec 9, 2019 11:52 AM

Apr 2017
Sure, wouldn't bother me all that much as long as we're talking about "cute girls". If you'd remove all females from anime that'd be just straight up stupid.

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Dec 9, 2019 1:15 PM

Oct 2017
foxize said:
TolkienFan365 said:

Amazing generalization while ignoring that you desiring genres you don't like to be purged is also incredibly self centred. Secondly no it wouldn't the anime industry is thriving right now making more money than ever. This includes selling shows that either have said content in it or shows that are very ahem.... not mainstream. Netflix has marketed that stuff as well. Literally how I am watching Kill La Kill.

The anime industry making more money doesn't actually help animators at all nor does Netflix help animators. Anime animators have been upfront about this. Any actual change there has to come within the industry or the Japanese government putting their foot down and fixing some of the ways studios abuse their talent. Honestly the massive increase in profitability is why animators are being pushed to the breaking point. More and more shows are being green lit which has caused an overstrain on animators due to how many of them actually are. I also fail to see how ecchi or hentai leads to animator abuse or poor industry practices. It isn't relevant at all to the discussion. Anime has continued to make the same content it always has and is seeing major success with profits doubling over the course of this decade.

Western animation also has it's share of poor industry practices. Netflix recently got in trouble with this for their Carmen Sandiego cartoon and how they treated the animation staff for it. Lol if you think they are actually going to bring good practices to the anime industry.

You can see this in the gaming industry as well like Nier Automata being a major success despite the initial aesthetic and perception some initially would have of the game. Anime/manga is it's own niche developing that and expanding it is fine however isolating and ignoring current fans would be a very poor decision to make. Ultimately that could result in no new fans jumping on and older fans feeling marginalized. The biggest reason it attracts so many people is the variety the goal should be to expand that not shrink it for what is perceived as mainstream.

Honestly one of the more accepting and best parts of the anime/manga community is honestly the dojin side. Pretty friendly helpful people. I do have my share of problems with how anime/manga tends to handle sexual aspects but at the same time I got to say most of my experiences have been vastly better than those who hate it.

Valid points if they're accurate, then I am wrong and I concede it. My bad for not researching and assuming!

The AJA Association of Japanese Animators releases public info every year so you can see the breakdown there year to year (since around the beginning of the 2000's). It also talks about current trends within the industry as well.

Industry Data

Netflix's Practices

Sakugablog has talked about Netflix's involvement in anime. Citing actual animators and their opinion on Netflix.

Netflix is no Savior
BilboBaggins365Dec 9, 2019 1:24 PM
Dec 9, 2019 1:18 PM

Jul 2017
bro imagine jojo part 1 without speedwagon lol dropped

Best girl
Dec 9, 2019 1:31 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Well if they just stop being produced then all the current cute girl anime would remain, I'm good for quite a while.
Dec 9, 2019 2:00 PM

Oct 2015
All the more reason to turn to anime for cuteness if cute girls stop existing, isn't that so?
Dec 9, 2019 5:19 PM

Mar 2019
I would still watch some anime.

But yes, my commitment to the medium would pretty much end.

Let's face it, the thing that makes anime special is the cute girls. Otherwise, its the same as any other countries' animated stories. Would anime still offer good stuff like Death Note, Kingdom, Attack on Titan, yeah it would. But slice of life and ecchi is made special by the cuteness of it and without that cuteness there isn't much reason to choose it other the stuff everybody else is creating.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2019 6:31 PM

May 2019
Sure, it'd probably make anime better for me. :D I like my manly men punching stuff hard and my cute guys.
AkaneManiac said:
MrAwesome2018 said:
Will it still have traps or are they also gone?

Everything remotely reminding the viewer of a FEMALE (be it animals, traps, robots, objects) are gone.

YOU MONSTER
Dec 9, 2019 8:14 PM

Jan 2018
I don't know, the cute anime girls are pretty big selling points of anime.
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Dec 9, 2019 8:39 PM

Jul 2019
I read manga more anyways. But probably not. Cute girls are a nice bonus, but they don't make or break it for me
Dec 9, 2019 10:07 PM

Jan 2010
AkaneManiac said:
Let's see how many of you are true anime fans here! Hypothetically speaking, from tomorrow all anime with cute girls get banned and stopped being produced. Reason being, males prefer 2D over 3D, so the Japanese government outlaws it to boost the declining population. We are talking full dystopia here! Cuteness becomes ILLEGAL!

So all anime will be like Kaiji, or LOGH, or whatever; insert some all male cast anime here. Will you still be interested in the medium then? Personally, I would grief but I still will be an anime fan! Because I do enjoy such shows sometimes. I'll miss the sexy girls though. What about you?

Yeah because cute girls is the only reason ppl watch anime (well, I guess it's true for some)

In all seriousness, I'd feel sorry for ppl that actually enjoy such character. But for me personally, I'd celebrate. Finally the cringiness of anime would solved itself.

Also, why don't u stop using "true anime fan" word. It sounds pretentious af.
Dec 9, 2019 10:23 PM

Feb 2018
Well, considering that every anime girl is found to be cute by somebody, and therefore meaning that all anime characters would have to be male, thus making the only romances available being yaoi... no.
"If it's not big, it's only a bust," some guy on the internet
Dec 9, 2019 11:20 PM

Oct 2019
I never really considered cuteness as a reason I enjoy any anime. Or at least if I do it's not because of the character's appearance, it's more about their actions. As a straight female, though, I'm not the target audience for cute anime girls so I guess that makes sense.
Unfortunately, moe shows wouldn't exist anymore but I wouldn't stop watching anime.
Dec 9, 2019 11:32 PM
Jul 2018
Shicchi said:
AkaneManiac said:
Let's see how many of you are true anime fans here! Hypothetically speaking, from tomorrow all anime with cute girls get banned and stopped being produced. Reason being, males prefer 2D over 3D, so the Japanese government outlaws it to boost the declining population. We are talking full dystopia here! Cuteness becomes ILLEGAL!

So all anime will be like Kaiji, or LOGH, or whatever; insert some all male cast anime here. Will you still be interested in the medium then? Personally, I would grief but I still will be an anime fan! Because I do enjoy such shows sometimes. I'll miss the sexy girls though. What about you?

Also, why don't u stop using "true anime fan" word. It sounds pretentious af.

I'm pretentious af so its ok and fits me perfectly.
Dec 9, 2019 11:34 PM
Mar 2018
Well I wouldn't be affected at all cuz I don't watch CGDCT anime
Dec 9, 2019 11:39 PM

Sep 2017
well i never really had interests in cute girls (lolis) or waifus i dont really see any reason to stop watching because of them the only thing im interested in anime is the story and plot
Dec 9, 2019 11:43 PM

Nov 2016
I would still watch and probably I would enjoy it even more, I like cute legal girls, but this shit of making a girl a loli in almost every show has to stop.
Dec 10, 2019 12:01 AM

Apr 2019
irlyhatethissite said:
If there is people that would actually stop, I feel bad for them.

Anime is so much more than just your "waifus", so much more to experience.

I guess everyone does things for different reasons and we just have to respect that.

I would certainly still watch anime, the same way I do now.

That's exactly what i just wanted to say. Can't agree more.
People with a private list are either trolls or cowards.
Dec 10, 2019 12:11 AM
Feb 2019
Oh well, some stuff would still feel the same whether there are females or not. Also, if we wouldn't have cute loli shows, we would have cute shota shows (but of course, noone gives love to shotas). Everything for me would depend on how they compensate that.
Dec 10, 2019 12:13 AM

Jul 2017
If anything anime rn is lacking mecha. Mid 2000's anime was golden age. Don't need no cute girls

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Dec 10, 2019 12:17 AM
Oct 2015
Damn right, I will. I don't give a shit about lollies or high school girls. To me, they're like cancer, you can't get rid of it.
Dec 10, 2019 12:19 AM

Nov 2016
I'll ditch anime and move to manga. At least the cute girls there won't be effected.
Dec 10, 2019 1:50 AM

Feb 2015
Legend of the Galactic Heroes actually does have cute girls, but whatever.
Dec 10, 2019 4:10 AM

Sep 2013
I would, but I would be pretty freaking sad
I love this "culture" a lot.
Dec 10, 2019 4:16 AM
Apr 2018
I don't watch anime for cute girls...
Dec 10, 2019 4:32 AM
Dec 2019
I think i still would continue to watch
Dec 10, 2019 4:34 AM
Apr 2016
AkaneManiac said:
Everything remotely reminding the viewer of a FEMALE (be it animals, traps, robots, objects) are gone.

Finally, some glorious piece of art.
Re:formed
Dec 10, 2019 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
So then, we get less cute girls and more of the better female characters and less moe? Hell yeah.
Dec 10, 2019 5:18 AM
Apr 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
So then, we get less cute girls and more of the better female characters and less moe? Hell yeah.
AkaneManiac said:

No worst archetype character at all. Actual art as it always have been back in the golden age of artisticism.
Re:formed
Dec 10, 2019 5:55 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Maneki-Mew said:

Lmao no. As stated:

AkaneManiac said:

This is the total eradication of all females from anime right down to potential symbolism, not just the ones you selectively want to purge to try to homogenize the portrayal of females. Nice try, though, I guess.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

25 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 6 hours ago

12 by Ex-Aid »»
6 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

100 by FanofAction »»
11 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 3 hours ago

21 by Rinenka »»
14 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 22

43 by Ex-Aid »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.