Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 7, 2019 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Jaguar Man is back.

Looks like getting Isthar on their side was a very important move after all as she reveals more info on one of the Goddesses. There's still more Ritsuka and Isthar scenes this episode that was kinda similar to the previous one. Heh, her personality can be quite amusing to watch imo.

Dec 7, 2019 8:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I love Ishtar more and more now, she was great
Dec 7, 2019 8:25 AM

May 2016
One question I had for a while now, is Gilgamesh that weak against those goddesses?

Ishtar comes back with more and more scenes that steal everyone heart, while Mash being ignored... tch

Fujimaru is quite a Casanova with his words... the annoying Jaguar joins the group...

I still can't believe that Quetzalcoat is a good one, we have wait and see. 4/5

Gil orders are demanding as always.

RaizelDec 7, 2019 8:39 AM
Dec 7, 2019 8:34 AM

Apr 2016
And in todays episode the adaptation keeps tormenting us with the terrible joke that jaguar man is. But i must admit the jungle sequence made me chuckle a bit .. a very stern, light chuckle almost non existent.

Also mc-kun finally using the strongest weapon in his possession.

Fight with quetzalcoatl will be hard, you cant fight what you can't see ................
Dec 7, 2019 8:35 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Quetzalcoatl nee-san finally makes her appearance in all her glory. Mash was totally terrified of her.
The scene where Gil is all, 'I have a new mission for you' was amusing.

Ritsuka and Ishtar sequence was the best part of the episode, that sneeze and form change was so cute. <3

I love how everyone just ignored Jaguar Warrior. XD
Fujimaru with them recruiting skills.

I expect the battle against Quetzalcoatl to be glorious.
Dec 7, 2019 8:45 AM

Jan 2009
lol Jaguarman came in her pants there with just smooth talk from Fujimaru, the flower booming scene with that flower overflowing with liquid eh you can imagine whats that about

and damn Shiro reference too

so Quetz or Kuku is more powerful than Gorgon eh thats interesting

and as usual Ishtar is best girl and her alter ego at night too
Dec 7, 2019 8:49 AM

Aug 2013
Jaguar Warrior makes an appearance. She an amusing character. The way everyone ignored her... you got to feel sorry for her xD.

So Quetzalcoatl is the other goddess. She has a cheerful personality but her smile can be creepy.

Fujimaru with his words.

Dec 7, 2019 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
Heh Quetzalcoatl nee san is finally here, I was really waiting for appearance. She is so fun to watch lol.

Everyone casually ignoring Taiga was hilarious.

Also lol Gilgamesh is surely enjoying himself by ordering them around.
Dec 7, 2019 8:59 AM
May 2017
Come on, you can't just leak out Eresh and have me hanging for another few week like that. It's hurt me :(

Overall great episode, Jaguar part had me dying xD
Dec 7, 2019 9:14 AM

Jan 2017
Taiga-Jaguar with that: "You know that servants die when they are killed?" make me laugh so hard!

Great comedy in this episode!

We are getting more and more of Eresh glimps but still WE WANT MORE!

Also Quetzalcoatl is so well "made" in this anime, CloverWorks is really nailing this adaptation! I don't regret a single dime that I have sunk into FGO and FGO merch!
Dec 7, 2019 9:21 AM

Mar 2016
short reference to

was nice

also the harem protag skill actually made me laugh, it wouldn't have worked if gudao was actually charming tbh
Aure0linDec 7, 2019 9:27 AM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 7, 2019 9:21 AM

Feb 2019
Best episode so far in terms of comedy
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Dec 7, 2019 9:26 AM

Dec 2015
Finally, one of the scenes I was waiting for! Fou caress Ishtar cheek. Hngggggghh

Before next episode arrived, let us pray daily for lucha libre scene justice

Lmao at Gudao getting Jaguar Man to their side, he's look hot

Really fun episode overall
Dec 7, 2019 9:27 AM

May 2015
Cour 1 is basically about to wrap up and at a good spot too. Honestly, aside from some spotty direction occasionally, this has been a way better prelude than I expected.
Raizel said:
One question I had for a while now, is Gilgamesh that weak against those goddesses?.

Divine spirits are known for their authorities. I won't go into detail, but Gilgamesh as he is now would get killed brutally by Quetzacoatl in her current formation. Same for Gorgon.

Dec 7, 2019 9:40 AM

Oct 2018
Aamzing episode! That night scene with Fujimaru and Ishtar, with Fou patting Ishtar's cheek was pretty awesome. Quetz is just as fun and badass as I imagined her and Fujimaru recruiting Jaguar man was cheeky as hell.

5/5. Excited for next week's episode :)
Dec 7, 2019 9:42 AM

Aug 2009
Raizel said:
One question I had for a while now, is Gilgamesh that weak against those goddesses?

Well, Ishtar( the real one not the Servant that isnt such a MERCILESS SPOILED THOT) alone ruined his life(and Uruk and Enkidu) just because he refused to put his dick in her.
If Ishtar wasnt affected by Rin's character he wouldnt even think of working with her.

Gods are way above Servants and Heroes in the Fate series.There are some heroes that can fight gods but that's because of compatibility.
Dec 7, 2019 9:49 AM

Feb 2019
The comedy and slice of life moments in this series are the best part of it honestly. Really good episode, fun and pretty light hearted. Came in looking for fight gifs for twitter, but couldn't even get any lol. Fujimaru's such a chad, must be nice.

Loved the references we got this episode too. "Servants die when they're killed" "Familiar looking loli girl"

I'm really surprised this is so slept on, only 73k users on MAL which is half of Shinchou Yuusha's total and comparable with Azur Lane. Guess newcomers to Fate are still confused? Oh well.

Can't wait to see the fight against Quetzocoatl next week.
Dec 7, 2019 10:20 AM

Jul 2009
Harem protag Ex too strong xD
bruh
Dec 7, 2019 10:39 AM

Oct 2015
That was a circus of an episode, like one of those failed acts in a troupe.

This Quetzalcoatl is such a joke of a character, I'm actually crying with humor and laughing with sadness. Hopefully her mother would give me something entertaining.

One of the worst episode!!!!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 7, 2019 10:45 AM

Sep 2016
Next week is the last one before the hiatus with the two recap episodes until start of Jan 2020 with episode 12.

I hope to see that part of chapter 12 everyone hopes will get adapted, next week.

After "Mash do the thing" got skipped last week, we can only hope that other thing that comes next won't be skipped. It's important!

I watched the episode, then came here for this:

Wasn't unsatisfied.
bruh
Dec 7, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2018
Ok, so Quetzalcoatl makes a flamboyant appearance and another servat The jaguar becomes the guy's newest addition to his harem.
Dec 7, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2018

Either this is a type-o or maybe they're just maximizing the sub space, but IMAO they should have said "Even servants can be killed." Cu'z if they're killed , they die.
Dec 7, 2019 11:20 AM

Aug 2015
I didn't like this episode, the series is much better when it tries to take itself seriously and having so many parody characters doesn't contribute to that
Dec 7, 2019 11:32 AM

Apr 2015
This was amazing!

We get the introduction of Quetzalcoatl and what an entrance it was. She took care of so many soldier single handed, to only get a kick to the face from Mash, but that didn't even leave a scratch. She's really powerfull. To my surprise, she didn't kill any of the Uruk soldiers.

Omg, last week was already gold with that Ishtar sneeze, but this one was far better.
Ishtar is becoming a favorite of mine! Her moments with Fujimaru are just so precious, especially when she very shy about speaking Fujiwaru's name. Also can't help but love seeing Fou slapping Ishtar now as well.

Everyone ignoring Taiga was freaking hilarious.. also that "Servents die when they are killed.." Nice reference!
CeddyyBearrDec 7, 2019 12:54 PM
Dec 7, 2019 11:51 AM

Dec 2014
seeing Gilgamesh bicker with Rin was weird af ngl

Also Fujimaru has some harem protagonist level seducing powers
Dec 7, 2019 11:55 AM

Mar 2019
Oh no Gudao learning to weaponize Harem Protag EX thats dangerous. The Taiga route was here all along genius Nasu.

I now blame Kiritsugu for at one point telling Taiga and Shirou that people die when they're killed and they now remember it forever.

Lots of nice references and Gil comedy which is rare and valuable.
swordpersonDec 7, 2019 1:02 PM
Dec 7, 2019 12:12 PM

Jul 2016
lmfao Taiga is absolutely killing me and the whole party's reactions to her are the best, especially Ana hahaha. bully Taiga then get her to join the party by complimenting her lmfao.

Ishtar and Eresh prove once again that Rin is best girl in the Fateverse and I really can't wait to see more of em, especially Eresh in the episodes to come :3

but yeah i really loved this episode and i've been so looking forward to how they were gonna do lucha waifu and ahhh she's so great too. so excited for the Quetz fight next week cuz we already caught a glimpse of how awesome her lucha skills are today and it's just gonna be dope to see all those moves Quetz gonna pull when she's in a real fight ^_^
Dec 7, 2019 1:25 PM

Aug 2018
That's it, I can't take this seriously anymore, the whole Jaguar "Taiga" Warrior sequence was just a long meme, a really funny one but still a stakes ruining meme, the Shirou's reference was too much for me, aren't they supposed to save the world or something but at the same time taking with them one of the most bipolar individual I've seen in anime. She could betray them in a minute.

I'm full on Ana's side right now, "that was the worst move possible", she's even quoting Shizuo : "Korosu, korosu, korosu, korosu" such a cutie, truly one of the best character in this show.

Ishtar is definitely not good to hide her Eresh side, she could at least but some clothes on to avoid Gudao's legit questions he should have.

But it keeps surprise me how much this show achieved to be this fluid and dynamic, props to the animators.
Dec 7, 2019 1:45 PM

Jun 2014
Lol "Servants die when they are killed" Shirou would be proud xD.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 7, 2019 2:25 PM

Mar 2018
"Servants die when they're killed" huh, At least this time is only servants that die when they're killed instead of all people...
Dec 7, 2019 3:03 PM

Oct 2014
For some odd reason.. The anime is making me love Ishtar
Dec 7, 2019 3:15 PM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

Quetz mad eher appearance, and shee looked strong and badass, and also i liked her personality, quite funny!

Another night moment between Ishtar and Fujimaru, after that cute sneeze by ishtar we could see clearly the other form, i am curious to know more about that, and its always nice to remember Rin inside Ishtar!

When all ignored jaguar it was really funny, its nice to have Taiga in this show aswell!

Lookif forward to see that battle against Quetz!
Dec 7, 2019 3:36 PM
Oct 2018
I dont know this is just my imagination or not. But considering that fgo NA christmas event is near & how "isthar" personality progressed in last 2 episode, I think this is some dw marketing scheme since she will appears in xmas banner (not protest tho).

Anyway, finally comedic episode that missing on eps 4. Too bad, spainish ritsuka dialouge is not adapted.
Dec 7, 2019 4:10 PM

Apr 2015
Inori_Hatsune said:
I dont know this is just my imagination or not. But considering that fgo NA christmas event is near & how "isthar" personality progressed in last 2 episode, I think this is some dw marketing scheme since she will appears in xmas banner (not protest tho).

Anyway, finally comedic episode that missing on eps 4. Too bad, spainish ritsuka dialouge is not adapted.

Nope, it's Ereshkigal for NA new event. Ishtar was the re-run one.
Dec 7, 2019 5:45 PM

Apr 2013
lol Fujimaru turning up his protag charisma which wasn't much but enough for Jaguar at least.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Dec 7, 2019 6:05 PM
Jan 2017
Fate/Grand Order delivers yet another fine episode! With Ishtar on the heroes' side, you'd think our heroes would have an easier time defeating the Three Goddess Alliance, right? Nope. In fact, the heroes are still hopelessly outmatched and only have the tiniest of chances for victory. This episode was all about Ritsuka's diplomatic skills, as he seeks to gather more allies to his side. It's interesting to Ritsuka's way to prevail over his enemies is by convincing them to join him rather than defeating them in combat. It's not new, plenty of anime have done this before, but the Fate saga makes it look fresh.

Jaguar Warrior is back, and after being quite the fearsome opponent in her previous appearance, the heroes make her look like a fool. No, seriously, the heroes just walk past her like she was some weirdo on the street. Also, Quetzalcoatl makes her appearance, voiced by the very lovely Aya Endo. She's a fine VA and I do my best to follow any anime featuring her in a starring role. Both Jaguar Warrior and Quetzalcoatl contributed to this episode's largely comedic nature. Aside from a few moments of drama and seriousness here and there, this episode really amped up the comedy. Normally, this would mean a huge tonal dissonance, but I'm pleased to see it wasn't the case here.

All in all, this was a fine episode. Fate/Grand Order really is the MVP of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Dec 7, 2019 6:13 PM

Apr 2009
Inori_Hatsune said:
People are also speculating that they're deliberately holding off Samba Quetz re-run on JP to time with when Quetz makes her move in the anime.

Veromaye said:
Nope, it's Ereshkigal for NA new event. Ishtar was the re-run one.
Pretty sure the poster puts Ishtar in quotes for a reason. Then again, I don't think it counts as spoiler anymore at this point since even MAL has already listed Eresh under Kana Ueda's bios.
NilviusDec 7, 2019 7:10 PM
Dec 7, 2019 6:16 PM
Jun 2017
yes, quetz appeared on this one already, and of course my favorite her shifting of smile from good to evil quickly... hahaha

and nice one Master, he uses words to convince jaguar man to join them in the mission... hahaha

and oooppppsssss.... for those anime only there, Ishtar (or eresh) called fou a Beast of disaster? those who finished the solomon arc will know the truth behind fou... hahaha...

anyways love this episode..
Dec 7, 2019 8:39 PM

Apr 2015
Nilvius said:
Pretty sure the poster puts Ishtar in quotes for a reason. Then again, I don't think it counts as spoiler anymore at this point since even MAL has already listed Eresh under Kana Ueda's bios.

Eh, even if so. I was just clarifying who was going to be in the banner.
Dec 7, 2019 9:34 PM
Dec 2017
I'm someone who has never played the game and has no knowledge of the franchise outside of the anime, so this was my first time seeing Quetzalcoatl. I guess it isn't surprising from Fate, but they got a LOT of her background and traits wrong, which triggers me a little as a mexican. But nothing too grave.

On the other hand I have to applaud Jaguar's nod to Emiya Shirou. "Servants die when they are killed, you know!". That's good stuff
Dec 7, 2019 10:38 PM

May 2008
best girl shows up again
Dec 7, 2019 11:51 PM

Jul 2017
I loved the gags in today's episode. I didn't think Jaguar Man was top tier comedy material but today I stand corrected.

I love how they completely skipped the fight with the werebeasts

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Dec 8, 2019 1:11 AM

Aug 2017
Jaguar man was so cute when Fujimaru became the stud type.
But of course, can't beat Ishtar, the ultimate goddess of cute.
Dec 8, 2019 1:43 AM
Aug 2018
The episode seems a little rush, consider how long in-game dialogue and fights keep us from knowing Quetz doesn’t kill anyone.

I laugh so hard when the group just ignored Jaguar Warrior. That Shirou reference tho.

Second Ishtar o’clock. She’s not covering herself with some cloth this time so the clothes change can be seen when she sneezes.

Now’s some spoilers, please don’t read if you’re not ready.

Looking forward to big fight in the next ep.
Enjoy your day sometimes.
Dec 8, 2019 1:52 AM
Feb 2015
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Either this is a type-o or maybe they're just maximizing the sub space, but IMAO they should have said "Even servants can be killed." Cu'z if they're killed , they die.

It's not a typo by the translators, it's direct a reference to a god-tier meme originating in Studio Deen's 2006 adaptation of Fate/stay night. Thats why everyone is going berserk over it.
Ozraptor4Dec 8, 2019 1:55 AM
Dec 8, 2019 1:55 AM

Aug 2014
Frostycat said:

Dec 8, 2019 2:45 AM

Aug 2009
Ozraptor4 said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

It's not a typo by the translators, it's direct a reference to a god-tier meme originating in Studio Deen's 2006 adaptation of Fate/stay night. Thats why everyone is going berserk over it.

https://pics.me.me/he-wouldnt-die-even-if-we-killed-him-well-even-33927118.png

Why do people act as if this line/idiom(?) wasnt a thing before 2006's FSN?

Hell in FSN it actually makes sense since Shirou gives up the one thing that keeps him alive from clearly fatal wounds.
Dec 8, 2019 2:47 AM

Apr 2009
It's not that it wasn't a thing before FSN, rather that it was FSN that made it a meme.
Dec 8, 2019 3:11 AM

May 2018
Goddess: I will end you fujimaru
Fujimaru: Flaunts his Harem Protagonist EX skill
Goddess: hnnnnngh I am now your ally :D
Dec 8, 2019 3:38 AM

Aug 2013
They made this part of the story so much funnier than it was in the game and I friggin' love it. The humorous bits had me weak in the knees the whole episode. And uh...Quetz ftw...finally, the underappreciated girl has her time to shine.
Don't believe the hype.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.