Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2019 12:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This yakuza raid made me pretty excited for the episode. Glad they're moving forward with the arc and featuring the heroes on their mission this time.

Suneater is pretty dope with his abilities. No wonder that he's part of the Big 3. Got to see a bit of his character story too.
Dec 7, 2019 1:11 AM
Nov 2019
Suneater in this episode is very badass!

The hype train is coming!
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Dec 7, 2019 2:05 AM
Jul 2016
Woah, great episode! This is starting to get interesting
Dec 7, 2019 2:35 AM

May 2018
This season really suffers from pacing issues I feel. I hope it gets better later on
Dec 7, 2019 2:47 AM

Jan 2009
pacing is slow again but good enough episode

its hard to be a perfectionist like Suneater since its like self-harming in a way when you always look to blame yourself for everything but he can overcome it sometimes

Dec 7, 2019 3:07 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode......
Dec 7, 2019 3:07 AM
Nov 2019
sprite-1 said:
This season really suffers from pacing issues I feel. I hope it gets better later on

The pacing is not a problem, it is actually perfect, this season is filled with characters development and strategy, things that are Hunter x Hunter(2011) level!
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Dec 7, 2019 3:11 AM

Feb 2019
Nice comeback by suneater. I thought he could only transform into edible stuff that he ate and not into minerals or crystal in this case. That ability is pretty dope tbh.
Dec 7, 2019 3:23 AM

Oct 2015
Great episode!

Action scenes were top notch, and Tamaki's backstory was superb. Mirio played one encouraging role for the guy, totally felt those motivational words from the guy. Above all, I was impressed when Suneater fused the octopus and the lobster creating that "chimera kraken", it's only too bad it didn't defeat them. But eating the crystal and turning the situation was impressive too.

The three's slight reasons of why they follow Overhaul sort of made me laugh a bit.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 7, 2019 3:27 AM
Nov 2017
VitorLeiteAncap said:
sprite-1 said:

The pacing is not a problem, it is actually perfect, this season is filled with characters development and strategy, things that are Hunter x Hunter(2011) level!
relax there buddy
Dec 7, 2019 3:36 AM

Oct 2017
Suneater actually managed to beat all three of them, the fight was pretty good.
Dec 7, 2019 3:49 AM

Oct 2009
It's basically a Mirio×Amajiki love story! \o/ Gotta love that.
And Suneater is badass af. I never noticed he goes barefeet (which obviously makes sense though).

But man, those are some bad dietary habits there on both sides. xD
Dec 7, 2019 3:50 AM

Dec 2013
A badass fight. Suneater took advantage of their power of friendship!

Dec 7, 2019 4:05 AM

May 2016
Finally time for our Suneater to shine, and much respect for those 3 they were really good for their roles.
Dec 7, 2019 4:20 AM

Jan 2015
I don’t know, this season has been incredibly slow and boring. Even the action scenes don’t get you excited as before
Dec 7, 2019 4:23 AM

May 2019
This season has been quite slow huh... It's okay to see nice fights and all but if one fight covers one whole episode the season might only cover this one arc (I'm anime only so idk how long the arc takes in the manga). I hope they stop with the One Piece level pacing soon.

The episode was still good, though. I waited for Amajiki to use the swordfish Fat Gum gave and have a sword fight lol
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 7, 2019 4:30 AM

Nov 2016
Very, very strong episode. Tamaki is an easy character to get into and it's so satisfying to see his growth. The fact that he wanted to stay back on his own was already proof of his gained confidence. Credits to Mirio too. It was his action that triggered Tamaki's resolve and he was also the one who taught his friend to believe in himself. And boy, Suneater is more than skillfull enough to pay his bills. His Chimera Kraken or he used the enemies abilities or frienship against them, that was top.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2019 4:35 AM
Oct 2013
Good episode, but till now, this season is the least hype season of all 4. the pacing is a problem i guess.
I hope Mirio/Midoriya fights will save this season.
Dec 7, 2019 4:42 AM
Feb 2019
lihle808 said:
The three's slight reasons of why they follow Overhaul sort of made me laugh a bit.

What's so funny about it? They think of themselves as useless trash but Overhaul has use even for useless trash, so they fully devote themselves to him.
Dec 7, 2019 4:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This episode was really great ! I loved it, Tamaki is a good character and his alter is interesting.
Dec 7, 2019 5:11 AM
Mar 2016
deg said:

The pacing was actually pretty fast. The episode adapted three chapters in total. The arc in the manga was just slower paced in general. However compared to the manga, this episode had pretty fast pacing.
Dec 7, 2019 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
Tamaki is pretty cool guy.
And that Rock Lock guy is so annoying.

Red Riot next episode. We will see Kirishima shine!

Dec 7, 2019 5:24 AM

Apr 2015
Great episode!

Action was really nice and Tamaki stood his ground against those 3 guys. He did really well to counter them by eating the crystals. Was nice to see the friendship between Mirio and Tamaki, they both look out for one another and that's great to see. Mirio was a big factor for Tamaki to stand up against the 3 he defeated.

Can't wait to see more, it's Kirishima's time next week!
Dec 7, 2019 5:28 AM

Nov 2015
nanimeanswhat said:
(I'm anime only so idk how long the arc takes in the manga). I hope they stop with the One Piece level pacing soon.

The pacing is slower in the manga.

If this was one piece this fight would have been stretched out and be 5 episodes long with a 10 min recap before the opening song.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 7, 2019 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
time to read the manga xd
Dec 7, 2019 5:41 AM

Feb 2014
Ugh, young Tamaki and Mirio are so cute I want to adopt them lol
Dec 7, 2019 5:42 AM

Jan 2009
TheEnhancedExe said:
deg said:

The pacing was actually pretty fast. The episode adapted three chapters in total. The arc in the manga was just slower paced in general. However compared to the manga, this episode had pretty fast pacing.

ok its been ages since i have read the manga chapters of this arc
Dec 7, 2019 5:46 AM
Mar 2016
Xenocrisi said:
I don’t know, this season has been incredibly slow and boring. Even the action scenes don’t get you excited as before

The main things that made action scenes exciting was never the action itself but the emotional impact of the things surrounding the action. Deku vs Todoroki had Todoroki's family situation, Stain vs Iida had the situation with Iida's brother. Deku vs Muscular had Kota. All Might vs AFO had you know what. Deku vs Bakugou had Bakugou thinking he was the reason for All Might's demise.

However this fight didn't really have much of an emotional impact which in return doesn't make it as good as the other fights mentioned above. The action is still great imo, but it's missing sth compared to the other fights. Although most of the remaining fights this season will have this emotional impact again which makes them great imo, so you can look forward to them.
Dec 7, 2019 5:59 AM

Oct 2018
to this day its really feeling slow pacing but I am enjoying it... hope they focused on more action in future...............
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Dec 7, 2019 7:07 AM
Nov 2016
What a shitty episode. I waited a whole week for this ? Who cares about that Tamaki and Mirio ? Too much dramatic and pretentious monologue too. What a waste of time.
BlueSnow93Dec 7, 2019 7:19 AM
Dec 7, 2019 7:39 AM

Feb 2014
Amajiki did a stellar job in this episode. Even for someone like him, taking on 3 tough enemies at once is always going to be difficult and during the fight, both sides were pretty even, with some impressive attacks and co-ordination.

Thankfully, Amajiki came out on top in his fight. His Vast Hybrid transformation looked pretty badass and even though it was on the brink of losing when he got pinned to the wall, he was able to use his knowledge and the element of surprise to get the better of his opponents and with that, he was able to win.

As for the pacing, I think it was fine. It wasn't too fast but it didn't get too bogged down either. Maybe it's just me, but the complaints about pacing, regardless of it being too slow or fast, is becoming a little too common from what I've seen on MAL as of late. =/

Either way, Kirishima's getting some action once again next week, so I'm certainly looking forward to that. =)
Dec 7, 2019 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Suneater showing his resolve. I love his flashbacks with Mirio and they really do serve to show how awesome both of them are.

Action was good but it does lack a certain impact that previous fights have had. Still good though.
Dec 7, 2019 8:21 AM

Jun 2015
Suneater ate f****** crystals
Dec 7, 2019 8:25 AM

Feb 2014
Suneater was the MVP this episode. Took on three at once. This guy's a monster.
Next we get Kirishima back in action again. It's almost like he's the new side hero this season.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 7, 2019 8:37 AM

Mar 2017
I love Tamaki so much and this episode was a great example of why! I relate to him a lot in the that he's a timid and anxious character and he inspires me to be a strong person despite those other traits!

The mission to get Eri back seems so overwhelming with all these crazy quirks going against the pro heroes and it really highlights just how hard and dangerous it is to be a pro... but Deku and friends do so well to hold their own with the professionals!
Dec 7, 2019 9:23 AM
Oct 2007
Why do I feel like the studio didn't gave their best for this episode?

Anyway, I personally thought the reveal recently were quite epic, from Red Riot to Chimera Kraken!!! Excited to see Red Riot again next week!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2019 9:30 AM
Apr 2016
That was a very nice fight! Those three were pretty strong though, they put up a good fight I must say.
Dec 7, 2019 9:48 AM

Oct 2015
Majority of the episode was stilted animation and just people talking about what was happening. Then the only fight gets interrupted by flashback expositions. The anime is supposed to correct the manga shortcomings with pacing not worsen them. Suneater didn't even get any cool sakuga for his only fight. This season so far is straight up trash and I already hated this arc in the manga.
Dec 7, 2019 9:53 AM
Jun 2017
Its tamaki'a time to shine and well he did great on that fight. Yeah
Dec 7, 2019 10:00 AM
May 2017
You guys will love next episode mainly cause rappa is there and he brings out kirishimas best
Dec 7, 2019 10:15 AM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed this episode a lot. Loved seeing Suneater in action. The flashbacks with Mirio and him in their younger years was also nice. I'm excited to see Fat Gum and Kirishiima in action again in next week's episode. I've been going through the manga weekly to see if they left anything out.
臭い-
Dec 7, 2019 10:18 AM
Oct 2018
I think this season is suffering from too much pointless dialogue
Dec 7, 2019 10:20 AM

Nov 2015
MoonStar9 said:
Suneater didn't even get any cool sakuga for his only fight. This season so far is straight up trash and I already hated this arc in the manga.

If this arc sucked in the manga why would sakuga make it better in the anime if the writing is the same? 🤔
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 7, 2019 10:38 AM

Oct 2015
Old_School_Akira said:
MoonStar9 said:
Suneater didn't even get any cool sakuga for his only fight. This season so far is straight up trash and I already hated this arc in the manga.

If this arc sucked in the manga why would sakuga make it better in the anime if the writing is the same? 🤔

Good animation makes for good fights... That's mostly what people watch battle Shonen for mate.
Dec 7, 2019 10:39 AM

Aug 2015
Honestly, you can see the typical shonen braindead decisions on this episode:

If they have someone who can merge into objects (and turns out Mirio is the strongest on physical strength). Why would not tell Mirio to warp up between the buildings and find out the person making the biggest thread? That way they can still use Nighteye with his precognition. Instead they just let Mirio go straight into the boss which is also very inefficient because is very obvious he can not take Overhaul by his own.

Besides that, Tamajiki is an interesting character and his ability is great as long as they don´t have someone with sharp objects... like diamond... that can not only cut but being very hard hitting...

You get what I am trying to say?
Dec 7, 2019 10:43 AM

Mar 2018
MoonStar9 said:
Majority of the episode was stilted animation and just people talking about what was happening. Then the only fight gets interrupted by flashback expositions. The anime is supposed to correct the manga shortcomings with pacing not worsen them. Suneater didn't even get any cool sakuga for his only fight. This season so far is straight up trash and I already hated this arc in the manga.

How the fuck was there no sakuga ? You either didn't open your eyes or know what sakuga is.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=my_hero_academia
Dec 7, 2019 10:45 AM

Oct 2017
Tamaki is my favorite character EVER. Boy, did I shiver!
Dec 7, 2019 10:58 AM
Oct 2019
tamaki amajiki is a Badass but that
Villain Who keeps on eating is Was crazy
Dec 7, 2019 11:04 AM
Sep 2018
I almost cried with the teaser for next episode 😭
Dec 7, 2019 11:17 AM

Nov 2015
MoonStar9 said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Good animation makes for good fights... That's mostly what people watch battle Shonen for mate.

The way the fights are written is what people watch battle shonen for as well. And Hero Academia’s fight are mostly end in one punch or hit.

So if the writing in the manga is bad, sakuga won’t make it better.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.