Forum Settings
Forums

What animes that no matter how “good” they are you can’t get yourself to watch because certain aspects put you off?

New
Dec 6, 2019 10:52 PM

Jan 2019
For me I can’t get myself to watch Gintama due to watching a supposed funny scene on YouTube that I thought was cringe. And I heard it was episodic so I’ve avoided it. Another good show would be Hitman Reborn because I’m not going to watch 20 episodes of a show until lit becomes good and I can’t take a shounen show with characters wearing suits seriously.

I know most of these are trivial reasons but when deciding to watch an anime even the cover art may be a detractor.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 7, 2019 7:24 AM

Jun 2017
I won't watch any "good" sports anime anymore. At least the ones with all male MCs. The same goes for shounen-ai/yaoi

Also anything in my dropped list, if seriously gets good after "X" episodes I won't bother continue it.
Dec 7, 2019 7:27 AM

Jul 2016
Espio74 said:
I can’t take a shounen show with characters wearing suits seriously.

I mean with how ridiculous anime can get,if you are turned off by a bunch of characters wearing suits.....then i honestly don´t know what to say.
Dec 7, 2019 7:42 AM

Jun 2019
Three big sticking points for me (leaving genre preferences out of this for the moment):

1) I really don't care for overly episodic anime with little character growth or development as watching them in large doses where each episode has the same predictable formula and feels like a reset gets very tiresome (Note - This is not just applicable to anime, but all episodic TV shows - it's just that unlike and before anime, I never tried to binge watch other episodic TV shows)

2) I really don't care for shorts (anime with mini episodes that are often like 3-5 minutes). It's just not worth the hassle for me to even set up the site and player for something this short.

3) I really don't care for non-chronological storytelling

Don't have much of an interest in watching the collection of Monogatari series, both because of scattered chronology and its inclusion of ecchi content.

Don't have much interest in most shows with too many characters without a strong focus on a small and intimate, well-developed cast (there are a few exceptions to this, when a large ensemble cast done well manages not to alienate me)

Don't have much interest in watching Hellsing because I like my horror to remain more fixed on horror or horror drama, but not so much horror + what appears to be very over-the-top stylized action

There are others, of course. Any series that looks like it will be ruined by inclusion of unnecessary comedy to broaden its appeal.
WatchTillTandavaDec 7, 2019 7:47 AM
Dec 7, 2019 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
Any Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, based on History Events(e.g. Vinland Saga) or "Moe", and lately, if the Anime doesn't have a good Fantasy setting with interesting non-Moe characters then I wouldn't even watch it.
removed-userDec 7, 2019 8:52 AM
Dec 7, 2019 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
From what I've heard, Monogatari seems like it has a lot of elements that appeal to me. Good soundtrack, some mystery, exploration of philosophy and psychology. I just can't bring myself to watch it because of the fanservice.
Dec 7, 2019 12:07 PM

Oct 2015
Most sports anime, most BL because I don't like the relationship dynamic in many of them, most isekai.
Dec 7, 2019 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
Every anime with high score, but an art style or character designs that don't appeal to me, or genre tags that don't interest me.
Dec 7, 2019 12:43 PM

Jul 2019
Clannad character designs are really bad, those giant eyes make them look non-human and emotionless. I can't get myself to watch it because of that.
Dec 7, 2019 7:06 PM

Sep 2016
I couldn't get myself to watch Your lie in April. Even though I hear people praising it to be good and I genuinely want to give it a chance, the long musical pieces bore me to death and I have already been spoiled of the ending. Would like to give the manga a try though.
Dec 10, 2019 5:05 PM

May 2009
I've heard lots of good things about Utena but I just don't really like the art style and when I tried watching it it just felt excessively stylized -- not just in a visual sense but in a more general overblown fanciness sense.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 10, 2019 5:10 PM

Jan 2016
Not so much absolutely can't get me to watch it, but generally the more abstract a show or the more I need to read into visual metaphor to understand what's going on at all, the less likely I am to get into it. Part of what's kept me away from Ikuhara's works to an extent.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Dec 10, 2019 5:14 PM
May 2019
Animes contains genre shounen ai or boy love i mean i cant watch two boys falling for each other . friendship is one thing but love ... yaikes
Dec 10, 2019 5:24 PM

Oct 2019
bunny girl senpai, naruto, evangelion.
any romcom or harem...
Dec 10, 2019 5:29 PM

Nov 2019
therahulplay said:
Animes contains genre shounen ai or boy love i mean i cant watch two boys falling for each other . friendship is one thing but love ... yaikes

You're not alone. This is pretty much what I came here to say. Not that I have a problem with that stuff existing. Just bores me or grosses me out.
Dec 10, 2019 5:56 PM

Sep 2018
Slice of Life moe like Yuru Camp is tough for me to try to watch. I tend to avoid those type of shows due to my past experience with the genre.
Dec 10, 2019 5:56 PM

Jul 2019
I don't know why I'd restrain myself from watching something that is potentially good. I do get annoyed with some stuff sometimes but to be honest it usually just grows on me and I'm habitually glad I don't drop stuff, which permits me to appreciate some stuff that I may have overlooked.
Dec 10, 2019 5:58 PM

Jun 2019
AquaMailman said:
therahulplay said:

You're not alone. This is pretty much what I came here to say. Not that I have a problem with that stuff existing. Just bores me or grosses me out.
You could have the greatest plot, writing, character design, art, animation, soundtrack, voice actors, execution, and entertainment value to ever exist, but if it has a shounen ai tag, you can't get me into it. Of course no offense at all to anyone who likes that stuff, I have nothing against you, just not my thing at all.
professional women respecter
Dec 10, 2019 10:38 PM

Dec 2018
For me, I won't watch any show that has character designs I don't like. as an opposite scenario for me, I will actually continue watching a show I don't like if I really do like the character designs.
Dec 10, 2019 10:49 PM
Aug 2018
Fmab the humor is awful and even worse than the average shounen anime but the original one wasn’t as bad humor wise
Dec 10, 2019 10:57 PM

Apr 2019
Sports anime and the big top 50 shounen epics like FMAB or AoT. I never watched the respective live action equivalents either (sport movies, sport events as such, and action / superhero movies). So why start with that just because it is now Japanese cartoons?

Dec 10, 2019 11:05 PM

Nov 2019
JoJo. I still don't know why people like it. The memes are funny. But the anime is so weird. I gave it a try but couldn't make it past the 3rd episode. Don't even like the main character.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Dec 10, 2019 11:12 PM

May 2018
For me, I don't think there is any anime that I won't give a try. But a good anime that I probably won't get around to watching is Death Note. I know everyone says it's really good and the plot sounds like something I'd enjoy but it's just that I know what happens. Like I said that doesn't mean I'll never watch it, it just means that I'm not prioritizing it.

SPRING

Dec 11, 2019 12:21 AM

Feb 2009
When I knew the anime's episodes will never gonna end, I'll stop.
I'm not a fan of too many episodes.
Dec 11, 2019 12:22 AM

Oct 2019
I don't really have genres I dislike since if it can keep me engaged, I'll watch anything. I guess the things that I can't get myself to watch are caused by the art and animation.

For example, I don't see myself ever watching a completely 3D anime because I hate the way it looks and I don't want to force myself to watch something if it looks like that. It can be cinematically the most incredible thing ever but in the end, it's my choice to not watch it and sometimes that just happens to be the fault of the animation.

I also won't ever watch Serial Experiments Lain, Pingpong the Animation or that other one which I can't remember the name of (it was filmed using real people and then animated on top of that and it looks really bad) for the same reason. It just looks ugly and I'm not about to force myself to watch it regardless of how great the story is.
Dec 11, 2019 3:25 PM

Oct 2008
Neon Genesis Evangelion (the protagonist has been described in a very poor light)
I do plan on watching the anime eventually.

Cardcaptor Sakura (I tried to watch the 2018 continuation and if it interested me, I though I would go back and watch the original)
Sadly I ended up dropping the 2018 continuation.

Inuyasha (I think that if there is a shounen worth spending my time on its this one)
However I thought it was slow and taking its sweet time to get to the point, so dropped.

I will think of more later
Dec 11, 2019 3:33 PM

Nov 2008
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni- it's simply too scary for me to handle. Call me a 'wuss' if you want to; I am not ashamed. xD

GlennMagusHarvey said:
I've heard lots of good things about Utena but I just don't really like the art style and when I tried watching it it just felt excessively stylized -- not just in a visual sense but in a more general overblown fanciness sense.

Utena's overrated, pretentious crap that boasts about being "the best shoujo" while removing everything good about shoujo. Also there's incest and every character is an asshole except the heroine.

You are missing nothing lol

Dec 11, 2019 10:43 PM

Jul 2019
For me it is FMAB. I have tried to watch it but I have never got past 7th episode for some reason.
Dec 11, 2019 10:45 PM

Jul 2019
biswa290701 said:
JoJo. I still don't know why people like it. The memes are funny. But the anime is so weird. I gave it a try but couldn't make it past the 3rd episode. Don't even like the main character.

Yes, Phantom blood is the weakest part thus far but JoJo does get so much better after the 10th episode.
Dec 11, 2019 11:00 PM

Jun 2019
marinara-sauce said:
I also won't ever watch Serial Experiments Lain, Pingpong the Animation or that other one which I can't remember the name of (it was filmed using real people and then animated on top of that and it looks really bad) for the same reason. It just looks ugly and I'm not about to force myself to watch it regardless of how great the story is.

Wait, I definitely can comprehend what people dislike about the animation and/or art style in Ping Pong the Animation or Aku no Hana (the third series you were referring to) even if I disagree and find both to be not only great in their own right but a refreshing change from the more usual way most series are drawn, but what do you dislike about Lain's animation?

There is nothing in there that strikes me as a radical departure from standard anime, besides inclusion of some live action footage in scenes which can't amount to more than a few minutes of the series' total runtime. What about the actual animation is bad or off-putting to you?

Chiibi said:
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni- it's simply too scary for me to handle. Call me a 'wuss' if you want to; I am not ashamed. xD

I seem to recall a previous post in which you have mentioned watching a not-insignificant part of the first season already. Chances are you've already got the worst behind you in terms of both psychological chills and gratuitous depictions of violence.

I would say Higurashi is in equal parts a thriller, mystery, and horror series. The first season is divided between horror (psychological horror and some body horror) and establishment of the overarching mystery, whereas the second season is almost entirely a thriller and resolution of the mystery. If you get to the second season, there would be very few, if any, scares left. That's why people who just watched it for the horror and blood usually skip the second season or denigrate it if they do watch.

The disorienting terror of the first season is just necessary to make you feel the isolation and paranoia firsthand needed to get you invested in the mystery (not saying it isn't relevant and important story-wise, but there's so much more to the series than horror, and horror is arguably not even where it most shines - I say that as an avid horror fan).
WatchTillTandavaDec 11, 2019 11:17 PM
Dec 11, 2019 11:02 PM

Jun 2019
Nagi no Asakura (if I'm spelling that right.)

Beautiful and really interesting plot but leaves a bitter taste in my mouth 2nd half onwards. Had to drop
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2019 11:05 PM

Jul 2012
I don't really have this mentality with anime as I can probably watch ANYTHING if I put my mind to it.

With manga, I'm a lot more pickier as I won't read anything with ugly art (or art style). I can watch their anime though because there's music, animation, voices, etc that make up for ugly art style.
Dec 11, 2019 11:30 PM

Feb 2014
I can't get into Monster. I don't like either of the dubs. The English dub has the usual flat "anime voice acting", while the Japanese dub sounds too "Japanese". The characters speak and act too much like Japanese people, even though they are supposed to be German (with the exception of Tenma ofc).

YeeYeeAss said:
For me it is FMAB. I have tried to watch it but I have never got past 7th episode for some reason.

That's because the first season of FMAB is horrible and almost universally accepted to be the worst one even in the fanbase. The first 13 or so episodes are really rushed, because they assumed you've already watched the original FMA. So they don't bother to properly introduce the characters or give the story time to develop, and instead try to move on as quickly as possible to the newer manga content that didn't exist when the original came out.
Dec 11, 2019 11:37 PM

Apr 2017
Beastars, on top of using furry characters, its 3d model always put me off. Its rated highly the same way yaoi shows are rated like and because it's furry, people rated it highly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2019 11:53 PM

Apr 2019
Formidable-chan said:
Beastars, on top of using furry characters, its 3d model always put me off. Its rated highly the same way yaoi shows are rated like and because it's furry, people rated it highly.
I really hate it when insecure people try to rationalize their own taste and end up doing gross insults to others. It's perfectly fine not to like Beastars and CG, but calling others furries over it is childish and ruins your credibility.

Dec 11, 2019 11:58 PM

Apr 2019
FloodBasalt said:
I can't get into Monster. I don't like either of the dubs. The English dub has the usual flat "anime voice acting", while the Japanese dub sounds too "Japanese". The characters speak and act too much like Japanese people, even though they are supposed to be German (with the exception of Tenma ofc).
Can't confirm, I'm native German and roughly have Johan's age, i.e. I know the early 90s well as a young adult. Take it from me: The degree to which German culture and society in that period was nailed is actually stunningly precise and detailed. I wrote a review on Monster which has details, in case.

Dec 12, 2019 12:04 AM

Feb 2018
Code Geass.

I don't care what else happened in the show, the moment that I found out about the geass "accidentally" going off in a certain scene it just broke my will to watch it. It doesn't matter how much better the rest of the show is, that moment is just an endlessly BS plot contrivance that I would effectively be waiting for to happen. It completely ruined any chances of me watching the show, and I will not change my mind on the topic.
"If it's not big, it's only a bust," some guy on the internet
Dec 12, 2019 12:05 AM

Apr 2013
If an anime looks good, I'll watch it. Something isn't "good" to me just because it gets a high rating on MAL.
Dec 12, 2019 12:17 AM

Oct 2019
WatchTillTandava said:
marinara-sauce said:

Wait, I definitely can comprehend what people dislike about the animation and/or art style in Ping Pong the Animation or Aku no Hana (the third series you were referring to) even if I disagree and find both to be not only great in their own right but a refreshing change from the more usual way most series are drawn, but what do you dislike about Lain's animation?

There is nothing in there that strikes me as a radical departure from standard anime, besides inclusion of some live action footage in scenes which can't amount to more than a few minutes of the series' total runtime. What about the actual animation is bad or off-putting to you?

I just really dislike the art style and general look of everything. I haven't seen it so I can't judge whether the animation is any good but the art on its own is offputting enough.
Dec 12, 2019 12:26 AM
Dec 2019
Espio74 said:
For me I can’t get myself to watch Gintama due to watching a supposed funny scene on YouTube that I thought was cringe. And I heard it was episodic so I’ve avoided it. Another good show would be Hitman Reborn because I’m not going to watch 20 episodes of a show until lit becomes good and I can’t take a shounen show with characters wearing suits seriously.

I know most of these are trivial reasons but when deciding to watch an anime even the cover art may be a detractor.

because it's cringe tell what make it cringe
Dec 12, 2019 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
I refuse to watch sports anime, because watching people play sports is boring. Unless it's something completely insane and out there like Keijo.

I won't watch a romance, including yaoi/yuri, if the romance is the only selling point of the story. Like, I don't want to watch Karokano, because it's a romcom and...that's it. There needs to be a more complex plot for me to be interested in, or the romance set up has to be so unique (like Can't See Can't Hear But Love, which is about a couple where one is deaf and the other is blind).

I've heard that Attack On Titan Season 2 is better than season 1, and season 3 is amazing, but season 1 was so boring to me, that I have a hard time imagining I'll be invested in the story and characters all of a sudden.

Steins; Gate Zero. I loved the original Steins; Gate, but I refuse to watch the prequel just because I've heard it's terrible.

Shouwa Rakugou: I love seinen drama, but this one seems like it's too...mundane?

Hunter X Hunter: I'm already hesitant to watch an extremely long series, but combined with the fact that Hunter X Hunter has corny aesthetics, made me drop it after episode one.

One Piece: the art style I feel mixed about: on one hand, yes, I respect Oda as an artist for being unconventional. On the other, One Piece looks very corny. Not only that, but One Piece is extremely melodramatic: most characters have very melodramatic backstories, there's lots of yelling and crying. But the deal breaker is that the One Piece anime has the worst pacing I've ever seen in any story. It was so bad that at some point I was almost skipping episodes, something that I've always considered to be taboo. Although I did finish 228 episodes.

Cowboy Bepop: I think this anime's great: great art, fun characters, good stories. But it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know why. Maybe I might watch more than 2 episodes in the future?

Dragon Ball Z: Based on what I've heard, and from what I watched of this show as a kid. this anime is about fighting and...that's it. I love action anime, but there needs to be more to it than just fighting.

Death Note: I dropped this after 25 episodes. Not because of the change in narrative. But because of how dark this anime is. Literally. Like, every scene the use of color is just too dark. Combined with the fact that there's no sense of downtime, relaxation, made this anime stressful for me to watch. Then again, I love Ultimate Survivor Kaiji which doesn't have any downtime. Maybe I was just too young for Death Note at the time? I might try watching it again in the future.

A Place Further Than The Universe: dropped within 2 minutes. I remember the MC was just absolutely an annoying crybaby, and the plot just sounds so...mundane? I mean, it's about cute girls going to the Antarctica? I don't like anime that feel to realistic and mundane, if that makes sense.

Nichijou: based on the clips I've seen, this just seems like another one of those comedy anime that rely too much on just creating a bunch of over the top situations. Not to mention I hate that form of comedy (I forgot what it's called) where a character does something stupid, then another character points out it's stupid? It's terrible.

Usagi Drop: I love iyashikei...when there's some sort of magic to it. Usagi Drop isn't a supernatural or a fantasy or a sci-fi anime, so it just seems too mundane.

Youjo Senki: I love how there's an isekai where the main character is a anti-hero (or villain in this case?). Yet based on the 2 episodes I watched, this is probably the most tonally confusing anime I have seen: on one hand, it's really dark, but on the other, the main character is Loli Hitler, which is hilarious, so...am I supposed to take this show seriously or not?

Shirobako: again, it's just too mundane.

Black Butler: I remember watching some episodes of this as a kid, and thinking it was boring and kinda annoying.

Toradora: based on what I've heard, this is a generic romcom, with a violently obnoxious tsundere, which I hate.

MrHatz4Patz said:
Code Geass.

I don't care what else happened in the show, the moment that I found out about the geass "accidentally" going off in a certain scene it just broke my will to watch it. It doesn't matter how much better the rest of the show is, that moment is just an endlessly BS plot contrivance that I would effectively be waiting for to happen. It completely ruined any chances of me watching the show, and I will not change my mind on the topic.

If you're good at spotting plot holes and inconsistencies, you would probably hate Code Geass if you watched it. I didn't spot any while watching the show, but I've read/watched analysis's pointing out a bunch of plot holes and inconsistencies.

FloodBasalt said:

How do the characters act Japanese instead of German?
removed-userDec 12, 2019 12:32 AM
Dec 12, 2019 12:36 AM

Apr 2019
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Usagi Drop: I love iyashikei...when there's some sort of magic to it. Usagi Drop isn't a supernatural or a fantasy or a sci-fi anime, so it just seems too mundane.
It's not intended to be iyashikei in the first place, it's a top-5-show of the Josei genre. Drama about family, big emotions, interpersonal realtions and stuff. No love polygon this time, and no fashion either :D

Dec 12, 2019 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
inim said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:
It's not intended to be iyashikei in the first place, it's a top-5-show of the Josei genre. Drama about family, big emotions, interpersonal realtions and stuff. No love polygon this time, and no fashion either :D

Wait, really? Huh. I remember watching videos years ago that described Usagi Drop as being "relaxing" so I assumed it was an iyashikei. Still, it just seems to drenched in reality.
Dec 12, 2019 12:41 AM
Dec 2019
mhkr said:
I won't watch any "good" sports anime anymore. At least the ones with all male MCs. The same goes for shounen-ai/yaoi

Also anything in my dropped list, if seriously gets good after "X" episodes I won't bother continue it.
so you're saying that you won't watch sport anime because all main character is man and that is gay what the fuck if all main character is female is it lesbian or what
mhkr said:

that mean you only now watch all female anime sport
Dec 12, 2019 12:44 AM
Dec 2019
gmjc said:
From what I've heard, Monogatari seems like it has a lot of elements that appeal to me. Good soundtrack, some mystery, exploration of philosophy and psychology. I just can't bring myself to watch it because of the fanservice.
you can't watch anime because fanservice like what the fuck
Dec 12, 2019 12:47 AM

Apr 2017
inim said:
Formidable-chan said:
I really hate it when insecure people try to rationalize their own taste and end up doing gross insults to others. It's perfectly fine not to like Beastars and CG, but calling others furries over it is childish and ruins your credibility.

you miss my point then, it's rated highly because it has furries characters. But yes calling people insecure will definitely make a good argument.
Dec 12, 2019 12:47 AM
Apr 2016
Definitely sports. This is one thing I cannot get myself to waste time on. In comparison to most other genres its, simply put, artistically insufficient.
inim said:
Formidable-chan said:

Ha-ha, credibility? Look at them man, look how terrible they are. Your satire is lost on them.
Re:formed
Dec 12, 2019 12:48 AM
Dec 2019
RealTheAbsurdist said:
I refuse to watch sports anime, because watching people play sports is boring. Unless it's something completely insane and out there like Keijo.

I won't watch a romance, including yaoi/yuri, if the romance is the only selling point of the story. Like, I don't want to watch Karokano, because it's a romcom and...that's it. There needs to be a more complex plot for me to be interested in, or the romance set up has to be so unique (like Can't See Can't Hear But Love, which is about a couple where one is deaf and the other is blind).

I've heard that Attack On Titan Season 2 is better than season 1, and season 3 is amazing, but season 1 was so boring to me, that I have a hard time imagining I'll be invested in the story and characters all of a sudden.

Steins; Gate Zero. I loved the original Steins; Gate, but I refuse to watch the prequel just because I've heard it's terrible.

Shouwa Rakugou: I love seinen drama, but this one seems like it's too...mundane?

Hunter X Hunter: I'm already hesitant to watch an extremely long series, but combined with the fact that Hunter X Hunter has corny aesthetics, made me drop it after episode one.

One Piece: the art style I feel mixed about: on one hand, yes, I respect Oda as an artist for being unconventional. On the other, One Piece looks very corny. Not only that, but One Piece is extremely melodramatic: most characters have very melodramatic backstories, there's lots of yelling and crying. But the deal breaker is that the One Piece anime has the worst pacing I've ever seen in any story. It was so bad that at some point I was almost skipping episodes, something that I've always considered to be taboo. Although I did finish 228 episodes.

Cowboy Bepop: I think this anime's great: great art, fun characters, good stories. But it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know why. Maybe I might watch more than 2 episodes in the future?

Dragon Ball Z: Based on what I've heard, and from what I watched of this show as a kid. this anime is about fighting and...that's it. I love action anime, but there needs to be more to it than just fighting.

Death Note: I dropped this after 25 episodes. Not because of the change in narrative. But because of how dark this anime is. Literally. Like, every scene the use of color is just too dark. Combined with the fact that there's no sense of downtime, relaxation, made this anime stressful for me to watch. Then again, I love Ultimate Survivor Kaiji which doesn't have any downtime. Maybe I was just too young for Death Note at the time? I might try watching it again in the future.

A Place Further Than The Universe: dropped within 2 minutes. I remember the MC was just absolutely an annoying crybaby, and the plot just sounds so...mundane? I mean, it's about cute girls going to the Antarctica? I don't like anime that feel to realistic and mundane, if that makes sense.

Nichijou: based on the clips I've seen, this just seems like another one of those comedy anime that rely too much on just creating a bunch of over the top situations. Not to mention I hate that form of comedy (I forgot what it's called) where a character does something stupid, then another character points out it's stupid? It's terrible.

Youjo Senki: I love how there's an isekai where the main character is a anti-hero (or villain in this case?). Yet based on the 2 episodes I watched, this is probably the most tonally confusing anime I have seen: on one hand, it's really dark, but on the other, the main character is Loli Hitler, which is hilarious, so...am I supposed to take this show seriously or not?

Shirobako: again, it's just too mundane.

Black Butler: I remember watching some episodes of this as a kid, and thinking it was boring and kinda annoying.

Toradora: based on what I've heard, this is a generic romcom, with a violently obnoxious tsundere, which I hate.

MrHatz4Patz said:
Code Geass.

If you're good at spotting plot holes and inconsistencies, you would probably hate Code Geass if you watched it. I didn't spot any while watching the show, but I've read/watched analysis's pointing out a bunch of plot holes and inconsistencies.

FloodBasalt said:

How do the characters act Japanese instead of German?
dude you can watch death note because you are Young I watch death note when I was like 12 or 13 and you can't watch aot s2 and s3 because s1 is terrible wtf
Dec 12, 2019 12:50 AM

Apr 2017
Rickalexander said:
gmjc said:
you can't watch anime because fanservice like what the fuck

Well there are some anime exist without fanservices, Mushishi is one of example and is also good.
Dec 12, 2019 12:52 AM

Apr 2019
Formidable-chan said:
inim said:
calling others furries over it is childish and ruins your credibility.
you miss my point then, it's rated highly because it has furries characters.
No, I make the point. There isn't a "because furry" causality, that is only the rationalization you need to justify your dislike / lower rating. There isn't a shroud of evidence for that "because".

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

65 by Gator »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

31 by Gator »»
3 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

981 by Palash_6 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Apr 23

20 by windyshadow »»
6 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

27 by FanofAction »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.