Forum Settings
Forums

Who are the trashiest characters you've had the dis/pleasure of watching?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
Dec 6, 2019 2:37 PM

The ones that have loose morals or are shittily written?
Fuck ALL deadlines.~

Filter my anime list by fetish:
Ass - Boxing - Bunny - Catfight - S&M - Wrestling

Dec 6, 2019 3:06 PM
This might be an unpopular opinion BUT Imma say it anyway cause it’s the first thing that came to mind. I really disliked Shinonome Hakase from Nichijou. The series overall was fine, I think it has a lot of good qualities, but what I couldn’t stand was how spoilt Hakase was acting in EVERY scene she was in. I get that the joke is that she’s a childish professor that’s an actual child, but it was amped up too much IMO. Also, I’m not that into the whole loli hype, so I found the whole ”child speech” and crybaby act a bit annoying. LASTLY, one of the characters that I enjoyed from Nichijou was Nano, and seeing what she had to put up with from Hakase made it hard to watch. I might’ve been too harsh on this character cause I know that there’s plenty worse characters from objectively bad shows out there, it’s just that I enjoyed Nichijou and would’ve liked it even more if Shinonome Hakase didn’t ruin so many scenes for me.
YOLO

Dec 6, 2019 3:08 PM

EmiliaLind said:
This might be an unpopular opinion BUT Imma say it anyway cause it’s the first thing that came to mind. I really disliked Shinonome Hakase from Nichijou. The series overall was fine, I think it has a lot of good qualities, but what I couldn’t stand was how spoilt Hakase was acting in EVERY scene she was in. I get that the joke is that she’s a childish professor that’s an actual child, but it was amped up too much IMO. Also, I’m not that into the whole loli hype, so I found the whole ”child speech” and crybaby act a bit annoying. LASTLY, one of the characters that I enjoyed from Nichijou was Nano, and seeing what she had to put up with from Hakase made it hard to watch. I might’ve been too harsh on this character cause I know that there’s plenty worse characters from objectively bad shows out there, it’s just that I enjoyed Nichijou and would’ve liked it even more if Shinonome Hakase didn’t ruin so many scenes for me.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Hakase! She was cute at first but the whole schtick got old fast and she could get away with murder by whining.

Dec 6, 2019 3:09 PM

Gilgamesh from Fate series.

He's an arrogant, narcissist and egoist piece of shit.
Modified by -Aincrad-, Dec 6, 2019 3:13 PM
Rem best girl

Dec 6, 2019 3:12 PM

Trashiest... I guess I would say Zoey from Digimon Frontier... My god is she useless. More useless than Aqua.
The Rider that's a fan of Toku-Anime fan is.... Magna

Dec 6, 2019 3:25 PM
HeruruMeruru said:
She was cute at first but the whole schtick got old fast and she could get away with murder by whining.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
YOLO

Dec 6, 2019 3:54 PM

Hibiki from Senki Zesshou Symphogear . She is one of most mendacious narcissistic and self-absorbed idiot I have ever seen in a anime!!

She constantly go around lying and being abusive towards Miku .Miku on the other hand do everything she can to be a good friend and sadly she loves Hibikli even if she doesn't deserves it . She constantly telling Hibiki to not to threat her like that .But get ignored all the time .. That made me so angry and I cant stand her .Miku deserves better!!

Love is too beautiful to be hidden in a closet!

Dec 6, 2019 4:30 PM

-Aincrad- said:

In a nutshell : He's an arrogant and egoist piece of shit.
I hate no other character more than him.

He's one of the best antagonists in anime history. His alignment is chaotic good meaning that he does bad things (killing mongrels) for good reasons. UBW and F/Z graced the world with philosophy, badassary and next level husbandoness. His worldview is that he is utterly disgusted by humans/us. a.k.a. sinners, as he should be. He is the best servant, and the only one to ever win the Holy Grail war. Hot, wild, and nice. Yeah I'm talking about his desing and his appearance. He looks just like the myth, like a literal sex/greek god. Takeuchi drew him very nicely and Kinoko wrote him ever better. 10/10 character-wise. 9000/10 husbando material. ∞/antagonist-wise. Literally the best villain ever.

OT: Shinji Ikari, Haruka Nanase and Ayase Aragaki. One is a whiny, annoying maggot. The other one is a sex toy created to be paired up with other male characters, with no personality and yeah at least he has a nice voice and yeah just that, literally worst "protagonist" ever. And the last one is a literal whore, a literal c-word, a literal disgrace of a human being. Her evilness can be felt in the dephts of hell. Congratulations OreImo author for creating a mean, annoying, vindictive feminazi whore that disgraced the fictional realm. Man she is a stupid defensive child who doesn't deserves to exist. She exudes some "it's never my fault" and "F men" aura like no one else does. Hayami Saori gave her the most c-wordish voice ever. Girl you voiced Miyuki, Yukino and Ikaros. They all sound like angels. But her, boi I want to, sorry God, I want to crucify her upside down and merge her in hot boiling oil. Girl (Ayase), you disgust me. Kirino may be annoying, Kuro Neko is, you know, rarded. She, goodness me, never in my entire life I've seen such hive of scum and villany of a cast. Muh boi Kyousuke is 300% husbando material, 900% bro material. Nice, sweet and caring. If he can handle three literal b-words, he deserves the world just for not killing them all. Must I lay out some cold hard truths. He, Koyomi Araragi and Yui from Diabolik Lovers have the worst harems ever but he deserves a DxD or Grisaia level of harem. Not that scheißeshow of a "harem". Boi, how on earth was this series conceived. No just no/10.
Modified by Nick-Knight, Dec 6, 2019 4:34 PM
Logan Lerman is the love of my life. Someday we'll marry.
Asuna, Emilia and Zelda are the ultimate goddesses of everything that's good and pure.
Zack Fair, Mahiro Fuwa and Edward Elric are the best boys of all time.
Hagane no Renkijutsushi is the best work of fiction ever recorded in human history.
Yuki Kajiura music can cure and heal every disease ever known by men. Oblivious is her magnum opus.
Women are the scum of this earth, and I can assure you they're well aware of that.

One is a lie. The other ones are not. DEUS VULT!

Dec 6, 2019 4:35 PM

Nick-Knight said:
Shinji Ikari is a whiny, annoying maggot.

Exactly. He was somewhat tolerable in the TV series but not End of Evangelion.

*checks list*

You still gave it a high score???? What the fuck?
Fuck ALL deadlines.~

Dec 6, 2019 4:41 PM

Currently watching steins gate and I'm finding Mayushi very irritating and also her voice is annoying

Dec 6, 2019 4:51 PM

-Aincrad- said:

gilgamesh is a massive POS because the guy he's based on was a horrible person before meeting his best friend enkidu

He's a villain, aka you're not supposed to like him. Not every character is meant to be waifu/husbando material or a good person.
Modified by MeisterDM, Dec 6, 2019 4:56 PM

Dec 6, 2019 4:55 PM

Every trap character to ever exist in anime. I will forever be angry that the worst character in Fate/Apocrypha (Sieg doesn't count, he's a cardboard character) aka Astolfo overshadowed better and more interesting servants for the sole reason of being a trap.

Bakugou Katsuki and Haruhi Suzumiya - Haruhi is awful all around and Bakugou Katsuki is a vile creature masquerading as a hero. I wouldn't hate them as much if the narrative acknowledged that they're horrible people or were written to be villains like Gilgamesh from Fate or Dio Brando from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Dec 6, 2019 4:56 PM

EmiliaLind said:

I think your opinion is not that unpopular. If there is really exist a kid like Hakase in real world, any decent human being will hate her (poor Nano), no matter how genius she is or how important she is to humanity. The only reason I can somewhat enjoy her scenes is because that is a fiction and a comedy anime, so I didn't try to think too hard about it, I just tried to enjoy it.

Dec 6, 2019 5:05 PM

Emiya shiro.
the guy from chaarlotte
the guy from bleach
the guy from 7 sins
the ugly fattie from sket danse
the ugly fattie from every hentai

Dec 6, 2019 5:10 PM

I wrote dis/pleasure because you might be pleased by so-called trashy characters.
Fuck ALL deadlines.~

Dec 6, 2019 5:13 PM
IpreferEcchi said:
I wrote dis/pleasure because you might be pleased by so-called trashy characters.

then Kid Majin Buu he is just pure evil wanting to destroy everything and you cannot talk no jutsu him at all but destruction is cool in fiction or fantasy at least

Dec 6, 2019 5:21 PM

I have to go with Kawai from A Silent Voice. She is so insufferable with her victim complex and she never felt guilt for any wrongdoing. What's worse is that she never did get any comeuppance by the end. Bitch got away scot free.

*Oh while we're at it, those 2 "friends" of Ishida in elementary school
Modified by deoclasher88, Dec 6, 2019 5:39 PM
~Spiritual Healing~

Dec 6, 2019 5:30 PM

Gilgamesh from Fate
Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!
Ladd Russo from Baccano!
Kazuma from Konosuba

Not badly written characters, but are definitely pieces of shit, and that's why we love them.

Now as for badly written characters...

The idiot girl from Aho Girl: I get the point that she's supposed to be obnoxious for comedic effect, but the anime tries so hard, that she just...ends up being obnoxious, and not funny. All she does is constantly scream in every scene. It's like watching Deadpool, minus all the wit, charm, and humor the character had.

Subaru from Re: Zero: I don't get this character. He's obnoxious, loud, quirky, always acts like he's the shit, has 0 redeeming qualities, but somehow we're supposed to like him? I don't necessarily have a problem with unlikeable characters, except Subaru clearly isn't meant to be unlikeable for 2 reasons:

1) He's not a bad person.
2) We're supposed to root and sympathize for him, because he always get brutally murdered and tries to save people.

It would've been so much more interesting to see Subaru go from a go-lucky moron slowly to a more cautious, paranoid, traumatized, quiet person, rather than just have him scream in the dramatic moments, get traumatized for 1 ep then recover.
Subaru has absolutely no backstory to justify why he is the way he is, which would make it impossible to empathize with him, if it wasn't for the fact that he always gets brutally murdered. Seriously: that is the main reason why people like this character.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Dec 6, 2019 5:37 PM

RealTheAbsurdist said:
Subaru from Re: Zero: I don't get this character. He's obnoxious, loud, quirky, always acts like he's the shit, has 0 redeeming qualities, but somehow we're supposed to like him?

I don't see him as obnoxious or quirky.

https://personality-database.com/profile/3930/natsuki-subaru-rezero-kara-hajimeru-isekai-seikatsu-mbti-personality-type

And same MBTI as me.
Fuck ALL deadlines.~

Dec 6, 2019 5:40 PM

IpreferEcchi said:
Nick-Knight said:

*checks list*

Muh girl Asuka a.k.a. za besuto grill saves that scheißeshow. Her presence and fictional existence turn a pretentious snoozefest into a entertaining show. I gave a 10 to Accel World simply because of mah gurl Kuroyukihime. Eva is filthy, ireedemable garbage. Remove Acyka and it is indefinitely a 0/10.
Asuna, Emilia and Zelda are the ultimate goddesses of everything that's good and pure.
Hagane no Renkijutsushi is the best work of fiction ever recorded in human history.
Yuki Kajiura music can cure and heal every disease ever known by men. Oblivious is her magnum opus.
Women are the scum of this earth, and I can assure you they're well aware of that.

Dec 6, 2019 5:44 PM
-Aincrad- said:

Yeah but that’s the whole point of his character

Dec 6, 2019 5:53 PM

Nick-Knight said:
IpreferEcchi said:

*checks list*

Muh girl Asuka a.k.a. za besuto grill saves that scheißeshow. Her presence and fictional existence turn a pretentious snoozefest into a entertaining show. I gave a 10 to Accel World simply because of mah gurl Kuroyukihime. Eva is filthy, ireedemable garbage. Remove Acyka and it is indefinitely a 0/10.

I don't understand the hate against Shinji. I remember counting: in the tv series + End of Eva, he only refused to pilot the giant robot...4 times. I remember he didn't whine that much, so much as he just bottled up his emotions and remained quiet and distant.
Why people like Asuka, I have 0 clue: all of her scenes but one is her acting stuck up, obnoxious, and just an overall ass. Although she's probably meant to be unlikeable, and is a very interesting character. Nonetheless, I've seen abusive tsunderes have more likeable moments than Asuka. But I like Asuka because she's an unlikeable character who's not meant to be likeable.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Dec 6, 2019 5:53 PM

Zenitsu&Inosuke from Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Bell from DanMachi.
Tsukamoto from Days.
Priscilla from Claymore.

Dec 6, 2019 5:59 PM
Myne from shield hero and Ueno from A silent voice. Of course Tamaki from Fire Force. She is just an uselles fan service character.

Dec 6, 2019 6:49 PM
The entire cast of Kuzu no Honkai.

Makoto from School Days.

Dec 6, 2019 6:56 PM

IpreferEcchi said:
Nick-Knight said:

*checks list*

It may be because Shinji is a terrific character.

@Topic

Shirou from fate series, I think he might be the worst main character in a "decent" show

Dec 6, 2019 6:57 PM
EmiliaLind said:

I don't get it, you know the character it's a child, but you dislike the character because it behaves like a child... wtf

Sorry it just doesn't make sense to me, a character that's supposed to be a child should act like a child, that's the whole point of it, it just seems that you don't like the character type so my question it's: Why Hakase from Nichijou when there are so many other worst examples, did you just not like the comedy of the show?

Dec 6, 2019 7:12 PM

@Nick-Knight

The presence of a character I like doesn't negate the bad character.

It must be devoid of bad characters.
Fuck ALL deadlines.~

Dec 6, 2019 7:14 PM

Aqua and Kazuma team from Konosuba. Literal the most insufferable pair in anime history.

Dec 6, 2019 7:18 PM

-Aincrad- said:

But that´s him because of his life decisions and immature behavior. That´s exactly why he is so different in FGO, because you are seeing someone who has matured and redeemed to his people in order to be a better person, and somehow a better king (but still kinda arrogant, I mean, if you could have everything in this world you would be the same way, because fuck altruism, that is hypocrisy).

---------------------------------------
Goku: I don´t like the character. Nothing about him makes me want to see Dragon Ball besides having a cool design.

Deku: This is such a weird case. When I started MhA I LOVED Deku, to the point I felt he was the ideal cliche shonen hero. Nowadays and currently on season 4 I can´t get more of him. He has not changed at all since he got Full Cowl, his growth has stopped almost completely and the only really good moment he had after season 2 was involving Bakugo. I mean we know he wants to be the best, but he is doing almost nothing to accomplish it besides getting too ahead of himself, acting recklessly, not thinking about his actions, being impulsive and emotional and finally, he has not develop a single good quality about altruism, he just cares because a hero is supposed to care.

Also for those who say Shirou, yeah he is kinda weird, but that´s in part because the VN is basically a deconstruction of his own ideals.

Dec 6, 2019 8:05 PM

Meruem from HxH what a scumbag. He's just a newborn yet he acts like if the world owned him everything. I know he got spoiled, but his behaviour is beyond annoying and unforgivable. I couldn't stand this asshole. Seriously he doesn't have a past or a motive to be so bad and stupid. What the hell dude just kill yourself nobody wants you around here. The series was fine until his arc.

Dec 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Orihime from Bleach
Elizabeth from 7 deadly sins
Asta from Black clover

Dec 6, 2019 10:52 PM
Since this is the question to ask all MAL user,
so i have to say it honestly.

1. Zenitsu from kimetsu no yaiba.
2. Sakura and hinata from Naruto.
3. yukinoshita, yukino from oregairu

Dec 7, 2019 12:06 AM

MeisterDM said:
-Aincrad- said:

gilgamesh is a massive POS because the guy he's based on was a horrible person before meeting his best friend enkidu

He's a villain, aka you're not supposed to like him. Not every character is meant to be waifu/husbando material or a good person.

Pakumen- said:
-Aincrad- said:

But that´s him because of his life decisions and immature behavior. That´s exactly why he is so different in FGO, because you are seeing someone who has matured and redeemed to his people in order to be a better person, and somehow a better king (but still kinda arrogant, I mean, if you could have everything in this world you would be the same way, because fuck altruism, that is hypocrisy).

Timmerss said:
-Aincrad- said:

Yeah but that’s the whole point of his character

You're right though, I know. That's just his character, but still whenever he acted like he was the ultimate being it has always pissed me off. I just found it annoying.

He wasn't always this bad though, he was especially annoying in Fate/Zero. But let's say in UBW he was much more tolerable, there I didn't hate him at all

In Fate/Zero he kept saying how godly he is, that no-one is even worthy of standing before him any other bs

In UBW he acted much more like a normal person most of the time

Haven't seen HF movies or FGO yet, so don't know what he's like in those.
Rem best girl

Dec 7, 2019 3:20 AM

IpreferEcchi said:
@Nick-Knight

The presence of a character I like doesn't negate the bad character.

It must be devoid of bad characters.

Hideaki Anno wrote it (a complete moron who destroyed anime for good and thank God Gurren Laggan aka the anti-thesis to it saved. You're asking for too much right now.

Dec 7, 2019 3:33 AM

Probably Lin Kaifun from Macross, everything that he does is trash. He accuses the military for their evilness yet he stays on a battleship (because he's a scaredy cat hypocrite scumbag), he manipulates his cousin to marry him in order to make money outta her. I really can't get that guy.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Houseki no Kuni Club

Dec 7, 2019 3:49 AM

deoclasher88 said:
I have to go with Kawai from A Silent Voice. She is so insufferable with her victim complex and she never felt guilt for any wrongdoing. What's worse is that she never did get any comeuppance by the end. Bitch got away scot free.

Agreed. Ueno might be a lil' bitch but at least she doesn't camouflage that behind that "mightier than thou" attitude. The way Kawai starts making a scene as soon as she's called out on her shit is just infuriating.

Dec 7, 2019 3:55 AM
have_a_starfish said:
deoclasher88 said:

Agreed. Ueno might be a lil' bitch but at least she doesn't camouflage that behind that "mightier than thou" attitude. The way Kawai starts making a scene as soon as she's called out on her shit is just infuriating.

It is called reality. People like that are real both in and outside the Japan.
Re:formed

Dec 7, 2019 4:05 AM

Gonna go with Mineta from Hero Aca, or any creepy pervert character really. I honestly don't get why they're apparently popular enough to keep showing up, particularly in shounen shows. I don't get it at all.

Dec 7, 2019 4:10 AM
Light from death note. Should have happened way sooner.

Dec 7, 2019 4:11 AM
i am glad i found this today i finished watching owari no serph and biy the worst idiot MC i seen man that just ticked me off fuck i mean what the fuck bro what are you thinking just rushing in not listening to anyone not paying any attaintion to anyone not thinking logically man ii was so pissed off at that guy i cant even tell you

Dec 7, 2019 4:14 AM

Daniel_Naumov said:
It is called reality. People like that are real both in and outside the Japan.

Sure, doesn't make it less annoying though.

Dec 7, 2019 4:21 AM

Irie Naoki and Sata Kyouya. Two of them are the worst tsundere male characters I've ever seen.

Dec 7, 2019 4:23 AM

Zenitsu, boy was i ever annoyed with a character to this degree. Whoever wrote him as a "comic relief" and thought screaming nonsense bullshit every episode will be funny has no brains

Dec 7, 2019 4:25 AM

Nick-Knight said:
-Aincrad- said:

In a nutshell : He's an arrogant and egoist piece of shit.
I hate no other character more than him.

He's one of the best antagonists in anime history. His alignment is chaotic good meaning that he does bad things (killing mongrels) for good reasons. UBW and F/Z graced the world with philosophy, badassary and next level husbandoness. His worldview is that he is utterly disgusted by humans/us. a.k.a. sinners, as he should be. He is the best servant, and the only one to ever win the Holy Grail war. Hot, wild, and nice. Yeah I'm talking about his desing and his appearance. He looks just like the myth, like a literal sex/greek god. Takeuchi drew him very nicely and Kinoko wrote him ever better. 10/10 character-wise. 9000/10 husbando material. ∞/antagonist-wise. Literally the best villain ever..

Gilgamesh may have been Chaotic Good pre-Stay Night, but definitely NOT in Stay Night. A certain black ooze saw to it that the "Good" label was switched to "FUCKING EVIL."

This glorious signature made by @Mayumi leads to my
superior reviews! Most Recent: Mirai of the Future!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Having exquisite animation does not a good anime make.
There is nothing wrong with liking slice-of-life/iyashikei.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There is always top-shelf anime.
You should be watching both blue jacket Lupin III series."

Dec 7, 2019 5:11 AM

Serena from Pokemon.
Hinata from Naruto.

Dec 7, 2019 5:16 AM
Thug Hunter

People hating on Shinji Ikari because they prefer your average shonen fag mc. Shinji is probably one of the best written characters in anime but you know, Otakus are disgraceful creatures.

The worst characters I've seen should be Lelouch, Light Yagami, poorly written, bad examples of Deus Ex Machina and god complex, if you want something right done in that sense watch, IDK, One Outs?
Also, Asuka from Eva might be the most obnoxious character ever written, despite that I understand why she does behave like that.

Dec 7, 2019 5:20 AM

I’d say the main character of Mirai Nikki and Zenitsu/Tanjiro from Demon Slayer. DS ended not so much time ago, so I’am still terrified by see them, so damn annoying xD

Dec 7, 2019 5:35 AM

Gon from HunterxHunter , like the most annyoing child in anime history. He was like young naruto but 10 times more frustrating .

Dec 7, 2019 5:48 AM

MySweetLucifer said:
@Ipreferecchi "The ones that have loose morals" but are loose morals not a characteristic that make a character interesting?

I never said it was uninteresting. That's why I put dis/pleasure instead of displeasure.
Fuck ALL deadlines.~

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »