Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion

Dec 8, 2019 5:27 PM

The whole episode was about progress and how the village helped Senku through the different processes to create the phone. Ok, the anime is about to finish, so is gonna finish just before the war between Senku and Tsukasa. I’m expecting a second season announcement at the end of the last episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 8, 2019 7:31 PM

MetaKite said:
SouthRzVa said:
Gen's musical segment was gold. It caught me so off guard xD

Nice episode though a bit rushed for moments. It was nice to see all the village being productive.

One more episode to go.

P.S.: It really seems they have forgotten about Homura and the fact she's spying them 24/7...
LOL everything you said is what had gone through my mind from things seeming rushed to Homura. Did they forget about her or so confident that whatever she sees and reports won't matter?

Quite sure the director/author actually forgot about her. Mostly similar to Taiju and Yuzuriha's case. They were supposed to help Senkuu while being in enemy lands yet they were barely mentioned during the whole second cour.

Dec 8, 2019 8:40 PM

I tried to find Homura among the trees, but I don't have Kohaku's vision.

Dec 8, 2019 9:43 PM

BTW, the "cellphone" they made

is actually a larger version of Military Radio they use with Walkie-talkies.

The radio is mainly used to "receive".

The reason they keep on calling it a cellphone is for the "millennials" that has no idea if the show called it by the actual name... "old Radio Receiver"... it doesn't sound as appealing as a "cellphone"

(instead of going, "we're going to make modern cellphone", it would be "we're going to make old radios"... which one would hype you up more?)

And they can't really use the "phone booth" either, since it's technically using Waves instead of Cables.

What I want to know now is... what they'll use to make Walkie-talkies.

Or will they simply make another Radio... but it's far too large for it to be "portable" and carry around for reconnaissance... (and if found, it can be easily destroyed and it takes a LOT of resources and time to make these Radios...)

___ ___ ___

MetaKite said:
SouthRzVa said:
Gen's musical segment was gold. It caught me so off guard xD

Nice episode though a bit rushed for moments. It was nice to see all the village being productive.

One more episode to go.

P.S.: It really seems they have forgotten about Homura and the fact she's spying them 24/7...
LOL everything you said is what had gone through my mind from things seeming rushed to Homura. Did they forget about her or so confident that whatever she sees and reports won't matter?

They probably forgot about her.

However, even if they didn't, I am pretty sure Homura have no idea what they're building... does that thing look like a cellphone to you? LOL

She'll probably report: "Senku is making some weird device...."
Modified by amlg, Dec 8, 2019 9:49 PM
Currently (slowly) adding My Anime List (from word doc) to this site
800+ watched anime series
Not doing My Manga List, cause I have over 2800 read manga series (if counting one shot/ side stories = 3500+) will take way too long to do.

Dec 9, 2019 2:57 AM

I love all the characters, even Magma and the background characters, except for some of the guys on Tsukasa's team. However, Kaseki and Gen both hold a special place in my heart, I just love their tandem.

I'm kind of sad there's only one more episode left but I'm almost 100% sure there will be a second season. There are so many characters that have yet to be introduced. I just reread my favorite arcs in the manga whenever I have time, I do that for most of the series that I'm following.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Dec 9, 2019 5:07 AM

SouthRzVa said:
MetaKite said:

Quite sure the director/author actually forgot about her. Mostly similar to Taiju and Yuzuriha's case. They were supposed to help Senkuu while being in enemy lands yet they were barely mentioned during the whole second cour.
both of you are completely wrong and you'll see why in the next episode

Dec 9, 2019 5:26 AM

ttcchen said:
SouthRzVa said:

Show her in the last episode? I don't think that's a good idea.

Dec 9, 2019 7:27 AM

LOL about the part of Gen making 800 batteries.
Seems the battle with Tsukasa's kingdom will be interesting.
Man... i am gonna miss this show if they aren't making second season.

Dec 9, 2019 8:09 AM

Sr_N said:

ttcchen said:

why not?
Fifteen characters

Dec 9, 2019 8:20 AM

i love the old man, he's so funny and brolic lol

cellphone achieved! i'm excited for the final (!) episode

Dec 9, 2019 8:45 AM

ttcchen said:
Sr_N said:

why not?
Fifteen characters

Because it would be the beginning of a new arc, I will not go into detail because this post does not allow, but anyway let's wait and see what they will do.
They are adapting very well so the final scene will be a good choice anyway, no matter what.

Dec 9, 2019 9:35 AM
Gen's battery making song was pure gold lol.

Dec 9, 2019 10:59 AM

Sr_N said:
ttcchen said:
why not?
Fifteen characters

Because it would be the beginning of a new arc, I will not go into detail because this post does not allow, but anyway let's wait and see what they will do.
They are adapting very well so the final scene will be a good choice anyway, no matter what.
no it won't. I'm a manga reader too and that final arc you're talking about happens after homura is relevant again. In fact, there's no way the production team isn't gonna add in
in the final episode of the first season, and that happens after homura's

Dec 9, 2019 11:28 AM

ttcchen said:
Sr_N said:

no it won't. I'm a manga reader too and that final arc you're talking about happens after homura is relevant again. In fact, there's no way the production team isn't gonna add in
in the final episode of the first season, and that happens after homura's

I know, I just don't go into detail because of other people who aren't manga readers.
But I think they won't show up, let's wait and see.

Dec 9, 2019 2:50 PM
Cell phone acquired The battle awaits

Dec 10, 2019 5:54 AM

Leo said:
I was surprised to hear the first OP being used in this episode.

That surprised me too and it's what made me realize it was the second to last episode. As soon as they did that, I was like ... oh no, is this the end? It was too perfect of a callback.

Dec 10, 2019 2:56 PM

Only one ep left :'(

We better get a season 2!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

Dec 11, 2019 8:46 PM

mwahahahha Gen's song is so LOL!!!! hands down to all Science maker!!! woahh!!! Amazing humans!!

I remember "pen pineapple apple pen" on this song XD

Dec 11, 2019 8:59 PM

tuanguyen said:
This episode reminded me again that I suck at chemistry. Had to pause to google several times and still coundn't fully understand it lol xD

In post 80 I explained the crystal Senku made since nothing was properly explained for that.

Dec 11, 2019 10:38 PM

JVskunkape said:

Unless we somehow Trash TsubAssa in one episode...

I am sure we'll get a season 2 sooner or later (since this series is fairly popular)
Currently (slowly) adding My Anime List (from word doc) to this site
800+ watched anime series
Not doing My Manga List, cause I have over 2800 read manga series (if counting one shot/ side stories = 3500+) will take way too long to do.

Dec 12, 2019 7:02 AM

This episode was pretty wholesome one, we know that their bonds have already been formed, but this time around, it's even better. Gen singing a random song about zinc though, lol. Looks like the time to finally use the phone they spend so much time on making is about to begin.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia

Dec 12, 2019 2:20 PM
It makes learning about science so much fun! Plus I love mecha Senku

Dec 12, 2019 3:28 PM

amlg said:
JVskunkape said:

Unless we somehow Trash TsubAssa in one episode...

I am sure we'll get a season 2 sooner or later (since this series is fairly popular)

Well that's what I originally thought but I had heard different!

I hope that is the case!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

Dec 13, 2019 5:04 AM

Finally, the cellphone is here. In my opinion, Gen is the best character in Dr Stone.

Life has no meaning.

Dec 13, 2019 11:56 AM

The first opening at the end of the episode kyyyaaaaaaaaaaa

that "ohayou" is Dr Stone for me

Dec 16, 2019 8:23 PM
Goddamn it, Suika lifts

Dec 17, 2019 10:46 PM

Gen's rap was a welcome surprise, lol

Dec 21, 2019 4:49 AM

It's so awesome seeing Chrome work on something by himself some more.

Mobile phones are getting close to completion!

Dec 23, 2019 12:49 AM

That's not a phone -- that's a fucking telecommunication center.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Dec 24, 2019 1:34 AM

They've only gone and done it! Great stuff
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Dec 27, 2019 2:09 PM

Seeing the village chief happy about Senku's progress with the village was great - especially with Senku's line about how science projects end up helping people, even when not initially setting out to do so intentionally.

The old man wanting some buddies seemed a bit forced, but it was still sweet nonetheless.

But Gen's Performance ... LMAO! Best part of the episode!!!
observing a woman's body

Jan 12, 12:43 PM

That song when Gen was building the battery!😂
Also all the high fives Senku gave this episode! So cute :)

Jan 12, 2:05 PM
Gen's rap was weird lol. The OP 1 playing in this episode for the montage git me screaming and so happy. 1 more episode to go for season 1.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]