yo?
I want one.
50.0%
eww i dont.
50.0%
16 votes
Dec 6, 2019 12:49 AM

Feb 2017
You have to be living under a rock if you have not yet heard about Tesla's "Cybertruck".

I personally was very reluctant to even click the youtube video with this truck's thumbnail as i thought its just going to be some weird concept vehicle for military that might never see the light of day and not to mention it looked ugly af. But it just kept popping up on my recommendation feed so i clicked it anyway and man...was i taken aback.

ITS A REAL CAR THATS GONNA BE MASS PRODUCED!

It's comparison to typical trucks-
https://www.wheelsjoint.com/tesla-cybertruck-vs-ford-f-250-f-350-f-450-comparison/

Elon Musk tweeted “250k,” indicating the number of pre-orders Tesla has received for the Cybertruck.

This article says even cops are looking interested in buying it.
https://futurism.com/the-byte/mexican-cops-pre-order-cybertruck

It does looked ugly af at first impression but the more i look and learn about it, the more i to like it. Im all for it at this moment.

What about you?
foscor70Dec 6, 2019 9:01 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2019 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
looks good enough but there are better looking trucks than that one for sure
Dec 6, 2019 1:24 AM

Feb 2017
deg said:
looks good enough but there are better looking trucks than that one for sure

Tesla Cybertruck is known for its specs tho.

Dec 6, 2019 4:50 AM

Mar 2008
It's probably designed like that for cheaper production because hard angles are easier to do. Requires less parts and machining. I can't stand how Musk gets credit for everything his companies put out when it's the work of a whole team of engineers that it never feels like they get properly acknowledged. I do like that something like this is on the market since it if lives up to the claims would provide people working on construction sites some added protection while in the vehicle. Not looking foward to police getting them. They have enough toys they dont know how to use ethically.
Dec 6, 2019 5:10 AM

Jan 2009
traed said:
It's probably designed like that for cheaper production because hard angles are easier to do. Requires less parts and machining.

that might be it lol and its not totally bad design anyway
Dec 6, 2019 5:13 AM

Mar 2008
deg said:
traed said:
It's probably designed like that for cheaper production because hard angles are easier to do. Requires less parts and machining.

that might be it lol and its not totally bad design anyway

It looks like it lacks head room. Hard to tell since he didn't open the door and have anyone get inside.
Dec 6, 2019 9:05 AM

Feb 2008
Both the specs and design are cool to me. I'd buy one.
Dec 6, 2019 10:21 AM

Jul 2015
I think it's dumb, it looks dumb, being bulletproof is useless if you don't get shot at and I don't get shot at, and that glass... Please, lol. It's just a crappy marketing stunt to get all the memelords to preorder one because it looks like it's out of a video game.
I'd rather get an actual vehicle that isn't a pile of crap for 40yo postteens.

It's going to be a bigger step for Elon's bank account than for humanity, like all the marketing stunts he did before.
Dec 6, 2019 11:46 AM
Oct 2018
I initially thought it looks pretty ugly, but now it seems to have grown on me. I actually think the design isn't so bad. I don't know much about the specs.
--
Dec 6, 2019 12:42 PM

Nov 2008
It's basically a late 21st century looking dystopian era truck. I'm also not surprised the cops want the truck, it looks like something the cops would use in a late 80's sci-fi movie.

Theoderic said:
I initially thought it looks pretty ugly, but now it seems to have grown on me. I actually think the design isn't so bad. I don't know much about the specs.

The specs should be more than fine enough for normal use if the cops want it.

Dec 6, 2019 1:07 PM

May 2018
Someone forgot to activate RTX
Dec 6, 2019 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
Deathko said:
I think it's dumb, it looks dumb, being bulletproof is useless if you don't get shot at and I don't get shot at, and that glass... Please, lol. It's just a crappy marketing stunt to get all the memelords to preorder one because it looks like it's out of a video game.

It's going to be a bigger step for Elon's bank account than for humanity, like all the marketing stunts he did before.

Ya the shit is corny appealing to people who live their lives pretending it's a sci-fi video game or movie. I feel Elon gets all the buzz he gets because so many people can't or won't make a distinction between reality and fantasy and get carried away by the concept of a "real life Tony Stark" or a "real life Bruce Wayne".
Dec 6, 2019 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
On one hand the auto pilot alone is generally enough to sell me on it because I don't care about appearance and the durability is barely a noteworthy trait. Luckily I'm in a state where they will likely be completely legalized and regulated first.
On the other hand that price tag is a bit of an oof, it's a bit above the average cost of a new car to a point where it would be cheaper to just wait until Uber automates.
Dec 6, 2019 2:39 PM

Mar 2012
Deathko said:

That's not a bad summary of Tesla's marketing strategy, but I give them more credit than you do. I do think they've driven competition and pushed the industry forward.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 6, 2019 2:43 PM

Mar 2011
So they made a sleeker, but still clunky, version of the batmobile from Christopher Nolan's Batman series?
I'll just mod a 67 or early 70s vehicle if I wanted to drop that kind of dough.

I am curious the resource costs to produce that alloy being used on the car though, since its also supposed to be for their company rockets.

"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Dec 6, 2019 2:59 PM

Jul 2015
Silverstorm said:

Sounds like a plan (^: I was about to go all "gnagnagna cars will kill us all, electric or not" but if you're tempting me with some early 70s muscle cars...
Wonder how much a Charger is worth here in France... I probably wouldn't be able to park it anywhere tho :c
Dec 6, 2019 5:16 PM

Mar 2011
Deathko said:
Silverstorm said:

Sounds like a plan (^: I was about to go all "gnagnagna cars will kill us all, electric or not" but if you're tempting me with some early 70s muscle cars...
Wonder how much a Charger is worth here in France... I probably wouldn't be able to park it anywhere tho :c
A charger in France--Is such a thing allowed? lol
Muscle cars from that era retain most of what made them wonderful I hear if converted to modern standards. Just costs more to do it but if going to buy that behemoth of vehicle, why not splurge on something that can cut through most modern cars (except the one in the vid I guess)
Dec 6, 2019 5:41 PM

Mar 2008
Deathko said:

Bulletproof doesn't just apply to bullets it would be for any projectile or impact. For example a rock thrown at a car which Idk about there in France but is a common hijink in the US for assholes to throw rocks or other objects at cars from an overpass. Or a steel rebarb falling off a 18 wheeler it was poorly secured to into your windsheild is a pretty fatal road accident. Or if there is a car accident pretty much anything may hit the windsheild like a tree branch for example or accident on a construction site such as something dropped from a height onto the truck. Bulletproof glass breaks on the outer side when shot at or otherwise impacted but it's not supposed to pass through it. The inner surface should be unbroken. It's pretty practical for a truck really at least in certain contexts. Also little reminder this is America of course we need bulletproofing with all the police murdering people and there are drive bys in some areas.

Only marketing stunt is it being electric since electric vehicles as you know aren't inherently better for the environment but is a matter of context of how the power plant is powered, what the batteries are made of, and if someone doesn't just get rid of what they have that still works or not.

GamerDLM said:
On one hand the auto pilot alone is generally enough to sell me on it because I don't care about appearance and the durability is barely a noteworthy trait. Luckily I'm in a state where they will likely be completely legalized and regulated first.
On the other hand that price tag is a bit of an oof, it's a bit above the average cost of a new car to a point where it would be cheaper to just wait until Uber automates.

You sure you want to trust that? Save the extra 5,000 it costs

Dec 6, 2019 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
traed said:

GamerDLM said:

You sure you want to trust that? Save the extra 5,000 it costs

I despise the act of driving and would rather trust an automated system if I have to be the operator in any vehicle. I don't care if they have a chance of crashing because generally speaking I'd probably have a higher chance of crashing than any automated system because it is just a constant state of panic and stress.

That or like I hint at I just use services like Uber which if they become more viable due to these systems is nothing but a boon for me.
GamerDLMDec 6, 2019 6:16 PM
Dec 6, 2019 6:15 PM

Mar 2008
GamerDLM said:
I despise the act of driving and would rather trust an automated system. I don't care if they have a chance of crashing because generally speaking I'd probably have a higher chance of crashing than any automated system because it is just a constant state of panic and stress.

Well just so you know automated systems fail more on roads with worn out lines so you have to stick to newly painted lines. I don't even drive.
Dec 6, 2019 6:31 PM

Nov 2016
Cool novelty item, but ultimately a waste of money just like with every electric car.
What you're saving on gas, you end up paying for down the road with replacement batteries and parts. And boy are those parts expensive. You can't even work on them yourself without special equipment.
Dec 6, 2019 7:45 PM

Feb 2017
GamerDLM said:

Um...Cybertruck is actually the cheapest in both electric and gasoline
truck category. You can't compare truck prices to Sedan cars.

https://www.wheelsjoint.com/tesla-cybertruck-vs-ford-f-250-f-350-f-450-comparison/

Dec 6, 2019 7:51 PM

Feb 2017
Silverstorm said:
So they made a sleeker, but still clunky, version of the batmobile from Christopher Nolan's Batman series?

I am curious the resource costs to produce that alloy being used on the car though, since its also supposed to be for their company rockets.

which old car would you suggest?

Dec 6, 2019 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
foscor70 said:
GamerDLM said:

Um...Cybertruck is actually the cheapest in both electric and gasoline
truck category. You can't compare truck prices to Sedan cars.

According to that link it's not even the cheapest when comparing it to trucks it's not trying to compete with; specifically they said "it's more comparable to F-150" and "its clear they are gunning for F-150's market share". A quick search of that particular brand of truck puts it anywhere from $4000-$11,000 cheaper than the cybertruck. Which would be in line with my statement that it's slightly above the average cost of a new car.

While you may be right that it's potentially the cheapest electric truck there would be a big asterisk because they've only recently gone into production and half of the models being produced haven't included a price tag.
GamerDLMDec 6, 2019 8:21 PM
Dec 6, 2019 8:18 PM

Dec 2016
Elon Musk aint got shit on my LPG converted off road truck. I literally just need to ground the vehicle, don protective gloves and face shield. Learn how to use a bleed vale and stem. A purge system and viola! I can personally refuel my propane truck! That I can actually do. always funny watching newbs flip their shit because they think we are going to explode. Pluses include going vertical an shit cuz LPG is pressurized. Negatives, impacts may or my not cause catastrophic explosions.
I figured this out driving a Mitsubishi forklift and a Clark battletank heavy duty type. The Mitsu basically just had a DOHC V4 production motor converted to LPG put in an industrial truck.
Dec 6, 2019 9:09 PM

Feb 2017
traed said:

Electric vehicles as you know aren't inherently better for the environment but is a matter of context of how the power plant is powered, what the batteries are made of, and if someone doesn't just get rid of what they have that still works or not.

Excellent point.

It really depends where you live and how the electric power is getting produced to charge the car. If it's getting produced from renewable resources like hydro, solar, wind energy then it's a easy win for electric vehicles against gasoline ones.

fortunately renewable energy plants are increasing then ever before.

Dec 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Mar 2011
foscor70 said:
Silverstorm said:

68' Mustang fastbacks I heard can be converted to electric, and maybe a 71' Challenger-- should be able to as well if a ford can.
Dec 6, 2019 9:41 PM

Feb 2017
SpamuraiSensei said:
Cool novelty item, but ultimately a waste of money just like with every electric car.
What you're saving on gas, you end up paying for down the road with replacement batteries and parts. And boy are those parts expensive. You can't even work on them yourself without special equipment.

You're wrong buddy.

Electric cars are cheaper to own and maintain than gasoline cars.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S030626191731526X?via%3Dihub

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/constancedouris/2017/10/24/the-bottom-line-on-electric-cars-theyre-cheaper-to-own/amp/

There are even hundreds of reddit threads which thoroughly discuss this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/cg8b9r/silent_no_gears_and_cheaper_every_day_electric/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/8v558u/how_hard_is_it_to_diy_repair_an_electric_vehicle/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

foscor70Dec 6, 2019 9:50 PM

Dec 6, 2019 9:49 PM

Mar 2011
SpamuraiSensei said:
And boy are those parts expensive. You can't even work on them yourself without special equipment.
I didn't notice your post's comment until another quoted it: I agree, the ability to self-maintain the vehicle with these parts seem to suggest only Tesla would be able to manage. I also wondered how or if the resources are something that can be sustainable, easy or cheaply attained. Doubtful, so I think this is a product that will only be affordable to a few
Dec 6, 2019 9:53 PM

Feb 2017
HungryForQuality said:
Deathko said:

Ya the shit is corny appealing to people who live their lives pretending it's a sci-fi video game or movie. I feel Elon gets all the buzz he gets because so many people can't or won't make a distinction between reality and fantasy and get carried away by the concept of a "real life Tony Stark" or a "real life Bruce Wayne".

That's what the horse owners said about the first cars.

Dec 6, 2019 10:14 PM

Feb 2017
Silverstorm said:
foscor70 said:
68' Mustang fastbacks I heard can be converted to electric, and maybe a 71' Challenger-- should be able to as well if a ford can.
aren't there any with a lot of space? Some truck thingy.

Dec 6, 2019 10:23 PM

Mar 2011
foscor70 said:
Silverstorm said:
aren't there any with a lot of space? Some truck thingy.
There are more spacious vehicles but I'm not sure if they have been converted or modded in such a way. I'm sure there must be atleast one Chevy; or even a Cadillac but I'm less familiar with those make/models
Dec 6, 2019 10:49 PM

Nov 2016
foscor70 said:
SpamuraiSensei said:

You're wrong buddy.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S030626191731526X?via%3Dihub

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/constancedouris/2017/10/24/the-bottom-line-on-electric-cars-theyre-cheaper-to-own/amp/

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/cg8b9r/silent_no_gears_and_cheaper_every_day_electric/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/8v558u/how_hard_is_it_to_diy_repair_an_electric_vehicle/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

I'm not. It costs thousands to have batteries serviced and replaced in hybrids and electric cars. The parts aren't widely and commonly used with other cars. They're very very expensive. Most people aren't able to fix battery voltage and charging issues themselves.
You need special scanners, gloves and tools to diagnosis these issues.
If batteries need replacing.. and they will because they wear down over time, it's going to run thousands. You're going to have all sorts of sensors and what not malfunction too. That's just how it is with newer cars.

You can't really price shop when it comes to repairs. You need to head to the dealer and you're at their mercy.

Buying a used electric car is also risky depending on how old it is, the batteries maybe near the end of their life, even if the car has low mileage. That's what age will do for batteries.

But a gas one? No issues there.

I mean, it's cool you found a couple of reddit posts and science articles from novices, but lol
Dec 6, 2019 10:51 PM

Nov 2016
That shit has very high Specs and Graphics set to low. Its gonna Fucking Fly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2019 2:34 AM

Mar 2008
SpamuraiSensei said:
foscor70 said:

You're wrong buddy.

I'm not. It costs thousands to have batteries serviced and replaced in hybrids and electric cars. The parts aren't widely and commonly used with other cars. They're very very expensive. Most people aren't able to fix battery voltage and charging issues themselves.
If batteries need replacing.. and they will because they wear down over time, it's going to run thousands. You're going to have all sorts of sensors and what not malfunction too. That's just how it is with newer cars.

You can't really price shop when it comes to repairs. You need to head to the dealer and you're at their mercy.

Buying a used electric car is also risky depending on how old it is, the batteries maybe near the end of their life, even if the car has low mileage. That's what age will do for batteries.

I mean, it's cool you found a couple of reddit posts and science articles from novices, but lol

This isn't a very good argument against electric. You even said so yourself it's just how it is with newer cars. Pretty much all cars have electronics in them now. Not being able to self service is just an intentional thing companies started doing for just about everything. Say for example if a tv broke down some decades ago it was designed to be easy to open and replace parts by a tv repair man, nowadays you practically have to throw the whole thing out. Old car parts also can be expensive because they become increasingly rare if it's a specialized part to a specific model car out of production. This is just a product of capitalist market competition. Anyway the older the car you get likely the more work and money you have to put in it to make it street legal and drivable. So while older cars are more servicable and generally built better that doesn't automatically make them cheaper. I suppose in theory the most affordable approach is take a normal gas car and modify it to run on biodiesel you make yourself either from filtered used cooking oil or from algae if you can figure how to pull that off .
Dec 7, 2019 4:06 AM

Jul 2015
foscor70 said:
HungryForQuality said:

That's what the horse owners said about the first cars.

Horse owners didn't suffocate in their own shit, and they didn't have to ride 4 hours every day to go to their job. Technological progress = social progress is some lie industrials sold to simple souls lol. If you want to pay 20k to be a slave of your car, go for it.
Honestly I know how to drive and nobody shoots at me, so I don't need that crap overpriced toy with a poor autopilot and poor bulletproof windows.
Dec 7, 2019 4:46 AM

Feb 2017
SpamuraiSensei said:

Replacing the battery modules could be as much as $5-7k. The likelihood you'll ever need to do that is exceedingly low. How much does it cost to replace an entire gas engine and how likely is it you'll need to do that for an gas car? There are plenty of examples of Teslas on the road for 300K+ miles and barely any battery degradation. And if you do have significant degradation that happens out-of-warranty it's more likely that it's one of the 4 battery modules and therefore you're not replacing all the batteries just 1 module which would be closer to $2k. That's slightly more than what it cost me to have a head gasket and overheating issue fixed in our old Outback.

Dec 7, 2019 5:07 AM

Mar 2008
Deathko said:

Honestly I know how to drive and nobody shoots at me, so I don't need that crap overpriced toy with a poor autopilot and poor bulletproof windows.

Again as i said bulletproof is just a step up from tempered glass serving the same intention, a safety feature. The autopilot is an option on all Teslas not in the intro price. They charge an additional $5,000 USD for it which is pretty overdone considering it has some obvious flaws though on the other hand it's sometimes in part fault of the driver for not reacting when they could tell something was going wrong. Some even stupidly been caught asleep at the wheel.
Dec 7, 2019 6:26 AM

Nov 2016
traed said:
SpamuraiSensei said:

This isn't a very good argument against electric. You even said so yourself it's just how it is with newer cars. Pretty much all cars have electronics in them now. Not being able to self service is just an intentional thing companies started doing for just about everything. Say for example if a tv broke down some decades ago it was designed to be easy to open and replace parts by a tv repair man, nowadays you practically have to throw the whole thing out. Old car parts also can be expensive because they become increasingly rare if it's a specialized part to a specific model car out of production. This is just a product of capitalist market competition. Anyway the older the car you get likely the more work and money you have to put in it to make it street legal and drivable. So while older cars are more servicable and generally built better that doesn't automatically make them cheaper. I suppose in theory the most affordable approach is take a normal gas car and modify it to run on biodiesel you make yourself either from filtered used cooking oil or from algae if you can figure how to pull that off .

Sorry, but you're highly ignorant when it comes to mechanics. The majority of older parts are interchangeable with each other and they're super cheap by comparison. You also have a whole market place for after market parts that are not only cheaper, but made specifically for older cars.

This is something a normal person can do themselves with too. Older cars are a lot more simple and easier to work on.

As I've said before, you need special training and voltage control meters and testers to even diagnose the problems in electric cars. Those tools and parts cost thousands. You also need to find qualified mechanics that are trained to work on them.

There is a reason the price of older electric and hybrid powered cars are next to nothing, where as older dependable gas powered cars hold their value much better.
It often costs more to repair those electric and hybrid cars than what you paid for it.
Dec 7, 2019 4:23 PM

Jun 2015
I cant afford one, but if elonchan wants to give me one, I'll takle it.
SpamuraiSensei said:
This is something a normal person can do themselves with too.
NOOoop!!!

Not unless you already are trained as one or have well if not officially been trained have spent a lotta time under the hood. Normal ppl like me cant do shit.
Dec 7, 2019 4:53 PM

Mar 2008
SpamuraiSensei said:
traed said:

Sorry, but you're highly ignorant when it comes to mechanics. The majority of older parts are interchangeable with each other and they're super cheap by comparison. You also have a whole market place for after market parts that are not only cheaper, but made specifically for older cars.

This is something a normal person can do themselves with too. Older cars are a lot more simple and easier to work on.

As I've said before, you need special training and voltage control meters and testers to even diagnose the problems in electric cars. Those tools and parts cost thousands. You also need to find qualified mechanics that are trained to work on them.

There is a reason the price of older electric and hybrid powered cars are next to nothing, where as older dependable gas powered cars hold their value much better.
It often costs more to repair those electric and hybrid cars than what you paid for it.

I wasn't necisarilly talking about just now but further on. As time goes on older cars will become increasingly more like currently produced cars. Unless something is changed you can't rely on that method of just fixing up old cars.

I never said older cars weren't easier to work on so idk why you said it again.

As I already explained gas powered cars also have electronics unless you're getting an old enough car. For example ABS is computer controlled iirc.
Dec 7, 2019 6:31 PM

Mar 2012
SpamuraiSensei said:
There is a reason the price of older electric and hybrid powered cars are next to nothing
The reason is that EV technologies are improving rapidly and that's making older models largely redundant.

I agree with part of what you're saying though. For what many people want/need out of a vehicle and given that most people buy used, EVs are still more expensive. That won't be the case for very much longer, especially if governments become more aggressive in supporting EVs and/or addressing climate change.
LoneWolf said:
Dec 7, 2019 6:44 PM

Mar 2008
Josh said:
SpamuraiSensei said:
There is a reason the price of older electric and hybrid powered cars are next to nothing
The reason is that EV technologies are improving rapidly and that's making older models largely redundant.

I agree with part of what you're saying though. For what many people want/need out of a vehicle and given that most people buy used, EVs are still more expensive. That won't be the case for very much longer, especially if governments become more aggressive in supporting EVs and/or addressing climate change.

Problem though is the resources needed for the batteries. There is a limit to how many can be made unless a new kind of battery is created.
Dec 7, 2019 6:45 PM

Nov 2016
Josh said:
SpamuraiSensei said:

It's because the cost to repair them is more than the actual worth of the vehicle.
The infrastructure isn't there for main stream adoption, nor do they do well in cold climates. Perhaps someday in the next few decades, but not now.
Dec 7, 2019 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
SpamuraiSensei said:
Josh said:

It's because the cost to repair them is more than the actual worth of the vehicle.
The infrastructure isn't there for main stream adoption, nor do they do well in cold climates. Perhaps someday in the next few decades, but not now.
What's the difference between "now" and "the next few decades"? It's going to take time for a full range of EVs to be cost competitive and adopted, but the EV market share is growing and is expected to continue to grow at an increasing rate. Infrastructure is a chicken and egg problem, it'll be sorted out bit by bit. I think your repair cost and cold climate performance arguments are somewhat dated and becoming more so every year. New EVs perform well in Canadian and Norwegian winters. Range is still an issue, but it's becoming less of one.

traed said:
Problem though is the resources needed for the batteries. There is a limit to how many can be made unless a new kind of battery is created.
I've heard this concern, but don't know too much about it. Is there solid evidence that resource scarcity is going to be a limiting factor for EVs in the near-ish future? I mean, I doubt that we can sustain billions of EVs, but I doubt that we can sustain billions of any kind of passenger vehicle.
LoneWolf said:
Dec 7, 2019 9:59 PM

Nov 2016
Josh said:
SpamuraiSensei said:
What's the difference between "now" and "the next few decades"? It's going to take time for a full range of EVs to be cost competitive and adopted, but the EV market share is growing and is expected to continue to grow at an increasing rate. Infrastructure is a chicken and egg problem, it'll be sorted out bit by bit. I think your repair cost and cold climate performance arguments are somewhat dated and becoming more so every year. New EVs perform well in Canadian and Norwegian winters. Range is still an issue, but it's becoming less of one.

traed said:
I've heard this concern, but don't know too much about it. Is there solid evidence that resource scarcity is going to be a limiting factor for EVs in the near-ish future? I mean, I doubt that we can sustain billions of EVs, but I doubt that we can sustain billions of any kind of passenger vehicle.

You already have affordable EV's not named Tesla. As i've said before, once they reach their expiration they're worthless and end up on scrapyards because the cost of repairs far exceeds their worth.

EV's are great for small a commute, or a business that has a predetermined route that can set up super chargers at each of their locations, but thats about it.

You said EV's perform well in Canadian and Norwegian winters, but still acknowledged their range issues. So no, no they do not perform well. Cold temps produce less current, thus draining batteries much quicker. The battery technology isn't there yet.
Dec 10, 2019 12:10 PM

Oct 2017
Eeew.
So far I'll stick with my F350 7.2 Diesel and 700.000 miles on the gauge, maybe if they make it a little bit bigger and improve the bed size I would start to think about buying one.
It's a good truck for soccer moms though.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Dec 10, 2019 11:39 PM

Feb 2017
Fate_Saber88 said:
Eeew.
So far I'll stick with my F350 7.2 Diesel and 700.000 miles on the gauge, maybe if they make it a little bit bigger and improve the bed size I would start to think about buying one.
It's a good truck for soccer moms though.

cybertruck has more space than any current truck.

it has a lot storage in the backseat part of the car,in the front (bonnet), in the back, under the back and even on the sides of the back.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-folding-rear-seats-more-storage/

https://www.businessinsider.in/slideshows/miscellaneous/12-coolest-features-of-teslas-new-39900-cybertruck-pickup/2-the-automaker-claims-the-truck-has-an-almost-impenetrable-body-made-from-ultra-hard-30x-cold-rolled-stainless-steel-and-armored-glass-/slideshow/72191899.cms

They just didnt showed more than half of the features of this car on their show.

foscor70Dec 10, 2019 11:42 PM

Dec 11, 2019 7:54 AM

Jun 2008
Are people high?

This thing looks like you’re driving a futuristic DUMPSTER!

It’s soooo fucking ugly!!

Oh and the epic failure that was the windows shattering was quite hilarious!

Elon Musk is not the super Tech genius so many people think he is.

The “hyperloop” will never happen and has been thoroughly debunked on YT by an ACTUAL scientist.

And Teslas might seem cool on paper....until you realize they are USELESS for long distance travel.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.