Forum Settings
Forums

What is an anime you are oddly defensive about?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 16, 2020 6:34 AM

Apr 2019
Koi Kaze.
It's a drama, not just some incest fantasy.
The relationships and age difference between the characters is necessary to tell a compelling story about how romantic connections are uncontrollable.

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
Jan 16, 2020 10:58 AM

Dec 2019
The ones I loved as a child. I actively avoid looking at reviews or comments because then I will realize how bad the story was, how little character development there was, how many plot holes there were, etc. - And I don't want to know! I just want to remember them as those perfect shows I ran home from school for so I wouldn't miss them. :D
♥️
Jan 16, 2020 11:03 AM

Jan 2020
Monster

For some reason, people don't like this anime (yet they watch 100 episodes of people fighting other people)
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Jan 16, 2020 11:21 AM

Aug 2018
Gotta say SAO S1 but with a different meaning. I think that general hatred towards it is justified however the most popular opinion is that arc 1 was good and had potential while arc 2 was trash and destroyed everything. For me arc 2 was really bad indeed but it was miles above arc 1 in every aspect - so I kinda defend it even if I strongly dislike the overall show.
Jan 16, 2020 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
haunted said:
I didn't know reading an acronym could have a laxative effect, but there sure are a lot of people online who spew shit everywhere whenever they see "SNK". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only other anime I love that have vocal hatedoms are Yuri on Ice & Shinsekai Yori.

I really feel you. At all of these three.
Jan 17, 2020 9:43 PM

Oct 2019
Sakurai_Aoi said:
chillyvanilla said:
deadman wonderland. like i know this anime wasn’t able to make a season 2 but this anime just develops the main character in a fair way leading up to when they were going to have season 2. all i see is people complaining about the MC in the anime being a wuss. in my opinion he was just framed in a realistic way

Ikr? Deadman Wonderland was a good anime and the way Ganta acts isn't anything to complain about. I mean, people do realize that he's a middle schooler in an extremely messed up situation, right?

i think people are just mad he isn’t OP right away
★* 𝓡𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓚𝓹𝓸𝓹 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 *★
. . . . * * . . . . . .

Jan 18, 2020 3:00 AM
Dec 2017
Maneki-Mew said:
Socialloser said:
Overlord, specifically when people got into a rage saying they hate ainz and is evil because ainz killed one cute girl. Shit, like do you even watch the show?

I mean, people often complains about a show being GENERIC and CLICHE etc. But when there is actually a show that completely strays away from all the generic and cliche stuff, suddenly people hate it. It's just so stupid and annoying.

It depends on the reason? I just lost interest in Overlord soon.

Noragami: People calling it a generic shounen, at least I try to make my point or provide my view on it then. There are some really well-written characters and themes important for me and also Yato's and others development isn't completed in an arc, like some other anime too. They fall back sometimes at old behavior patterns, which is too real, and is hard to overcome this.
Also that family means shit, if they are toxic for you and aren't good people to be around.
And some reasons more.

Also I would try to give my view on D.Gray-man, Owari no Seraph and a few more, when people don't make a good point why they dislike it and just say buzzwords like generic or something.

For other stuff: Someone told me: "I don't watch Mo Dao Zu Shi, it's listed as BL / Yaoi and all of them are really bad", now he likes it lol (Unfortunately) It's jist hinted in the anime, I guess because of chinese censorship laws.

The Ancient Magus Bride: Elias has done nothing really bad to her, but people make it sound like and some people even compared it to "lol 50 Shades version for anime", nothing like that happened wtf.

Maybe Scum's Wish, if it's called degenerated or something? Although making similar experiences are even pretty normal for some people.

When people say that Bloom Into You and KareKano for example are bad, because the relationships are quite unhealthy or quite disfunctional. I mean yeah, but that's also somewhat the point of these couples? Must every romance and couple be super nice and cuddly?

And the classic defensive mode about people saying "Shinji, get in the robot, boy."

I don't understand. Why are you quoting me?
Jan 18, 2020 5:23 AM
Dec 2017
chillyvanilla said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:

Ikr? Deadman Wonderland was a good anime and the way Ganta acts isn't anything to complain about. I mean, people do realize that he's a middle schooler in an extremely messed up situation, right?

i think people are just mad he isn’t OP right away

Lol. Or they just expect him to automatically find the strength to come to terms with his situation. It clearly takes time to adjust to something like that. Reality needs to sink in first and, once it does, people will react differently. And since he's a kid, you can expect things to be even harder on him.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 1 hour ago

11 by EastIndiaCompany »»
1 minute ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 3 hours ago

10 by traed »»
5 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

120 by FFandMMfan »»
11 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 5 hours ago

14 by Kenzolo-folk »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.