Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 8, 2019 5:53 PM

Oct 2008
Arata is the next Makishima but of course not an antagonist! He is criminally asymptomatic!
5/5.

Dec 9, 2019 9:21 AM

Feb 2016
I don't really understand why people are saying that we will get a 4th season because we still don't know a thing about Bifrost. We clearly know a lot of things about it and it's not difficult at all to guess what this is all about, it's globaly a ''New World Order'' sort of thing that manipulate opinion and events in the dark, sort of society's mastermind and to me that's pretty all

Sure we still don't know about the relation with Arata/Kei and Biforst and all those details but it's certainly possible to catch up all of this in the new episode. See how we get an huge amout of stuff happening in this episode, this was really a huge episode...

Would love to get a 4th season anyway but I doubt this...
HappyMNDec 9, 2019 9:27 AM
Dec 9, 2019 2:11 PM

Mar 2016
Arcana_Vicarious said:
Kougami next episode~

cmonnn Kougami!!!

Dec 10, 2019 12:10 AM

Oct 2014
yesss blind waifu-san, get him!!! i seriously thought this was gonna turn into the scene from season one when
but she saved the day

anyways, her state at the end of this episode has me worried :((
Dec 10, 2019 7:37 AM

Aug 2017
Fangirling here when I saw Ginoza and Kogami, wished they had more screen time. We need season 4! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
One more episode to go, I hope Maiko hue's will be cleared by then.

Dec 10, 2019 9:48 AM
Jun 2017
mayfair2024 said:
Fangirling here when I saw Ginoza and Kogami, wished they had more screen time. We need season 4! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

hope calling Sugo Kogami was accidental, hehe. xD
Dec 10, 2019 9:50 AM
Jan 2013
Pknoctis said:
If Sibyl tries to add Arata to the system, Imma flip something. Leave that good boy alone.

-- Akane xD

Killing Torri was kinda dumb, imo. Oh well, emotions and whatnot.
And yes, still not enough clues about the Bifrost.
Guess we're getting some kind of continuation.
Dec 10, 2019 10:46 AM
Nov 2014
I hope everyone is right and we’re gonna have season 4
Dec 10, 2019 12:53 PM
Oct 2012
I want to speak about this character who show stalkerGinoza san!

and what's relationship between her and past first section???
Dec 11, 2019 8:56 AM
Apr 2016
Nick123asdf said:
I hope everyone is right and we’re gonna have season 4

There is material for another season. Seeing how this is even a 40minutes series, I am positive they have it all planned already and do not rely on initial reception and ratings.
Makubex_desu said:
Pknoctis said:
If Sibyl tries to add Arata to the system, Imma flip something. Leave that good boy alone.

-- Akane xD

Killing Torri was kinda dumb, imo. Oh well, emotions and whatnot.
And yes, still not enough clues about the Bifrost.
Guess we're getting some kind of continuation.

It was kinda dumn... unless she was going to silence him. As I am repeating for a tenth time, she became agitated when Torri mentioned them ruskies lying to each other and being in a fake love. She could not have risked Torri blowing her/their cover, whatever it is.
Re:formed
Dec 11, 2019 11:32 AM

Aug 2017
So, Arata is criminally asymptomatic!

The infamous Makishima scene tried to be repeated here with Mai but she managed to survive.

Torri's mom had an incestuous relationship with his brother. Gross!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 11, 2019 2:11 PM

Feb 2017
JizzyHitler said:
]I think this might be split cour, I mentioned it last episode as a crazy conspiracy rambling but the fact that its only 8 episodes, but the episode numbers displayed at the start of the episodes are double-digit (ie this was 07, instead of just 7) combined with the pacing has me suspicious.

It also feels like they are building alot of stuff up that just can't be wrapped up in a single episode even with double the time, who knows maybe we are about to get the most rushed final episode in existence but I dont know after how deliberately paced this season has been I have a hard time buying that next episode is really gonna rush through everything, it feels like its all been pieces for a bigger picture in the 2nd half of something not its own standalone season.

I am sure there will be a continuation to this season, there is a reason Production I.G decided to resurrect the series with new characters, Kogami coming back, him and others joining MOFA, and all other stuff that happened and was foreshadowed in SS movies and this season. This was planned to be a long-lasting franchise like Ghost in the Shell from day 1. I wouldn't be surprised if continuation gets announced immediately after episode 8's broadcast tomorrow. I think there is some interview with the director from the beginning of this year talking about the future of PP after season 3, but it's in Japanese so I don't know what he said. Anyways, I'm pretty sure it will be called season 4. They barely managed to finish this season on time, there is no way they can make another cour for April or even July.
Dec 13, 2019 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
"My father is your brother, mother" FUCKING INCEST LMAO

Kei's wife tho, I was wondering why can't she flip gun and she really did it and moreover killed that guy xD
removed-userDec 13, 2019 11:13 PM
Dec 15, 2019 4:57 AM

Aug 2017
Vil_Cade said:
mayfair2024 said:

Hmmm did I say Sugo? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜

Dec 15, 2019 5:21 AM
Jun 2017
mayfair2024 said:
Vil_Cade said:

Hmmm did I say Sugo? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜

just confused because Kou wasn't in Ep 7. xD if you meant the season as a whole then just ignore my comment pls lol.
Dec 15, 2019 11:46 AM

Jul 2016
I don’t why people are so confused about bifrost. Yes there is a lot to know still, like how they choose the members and more details about their objective. But mostly, so far, they seem to be people of power that dislike being controlled by sibyl. The sibyl system controls everything from career choices, marriages etc. People that like power do not like to be controlled. Bifrost congressman use those inspectors and whatever else to influence the outcomes of many things, like the election, without being detected by sibyl, defying sibyls authority. They bet against eachother on results, i think (?). That is mostly the gist of it. Sybil is starting to notice. I hope this bifrost thing will be connected wtih the family situation of arata and kei, possibly with akanes situation too. Also that the outcome of this conflict could be a more just sybil and less severe.
Dec 18, 2019 7:13 PM

May 2017
Nurguburu said:
So, Arata is criminally asymptomatic!

The infamous Makishima scene tried to be repeated here with Mai but she managed to survive.

Torri's mom had an incestuous relationship with his brother. Gross!

So that's why Bifrost incinerated her? That was exceptionally brutal. A live incineration, not even a chance for a merciful euthanasia.
Dec 23, 2019 9:43 PM
Aug 2014
Leo said:
So Arata was revealed to be criminally asymptomatic. I haven't heard that term in a while

I'm glad it's not just me! I honestly didn't expect it but I feel like I've had a harder time focusing on the episodes this season qq
Dec 23, 2019 9:58 PM
Aug 2014
For me this is the first real episode that felt like Psycho Pass... up to now it's been good, but it just hasn't been great? The plot wasn't really pulling me in that much, and it seemed like too many characters, organizations, etc. were being introduced and names flying around everywhere, that despite the somewhat simple nature of the plot, trying to bring together all the minute details was sort of tough.

Maiko's badassery really caught me by surprise. She sort of has been presented as meek/frail, maybe it just seems that way because she was going in for surgery *and* Kei is such a beast all the time anyone looks meek next to him. Loved it either way, esp. that she didn't hesitate. You go girl.

The Bifrost lady did a great Raiders of the Lost Ark impression, no?

Arcana_Vicarious said:
Kougami next episode~

I certainly hope so! I love Ginoza and all, especially badass Ginoza, but really need more Kougami!! If he doesn't show, I want him in the hopefully-to-be-announced sequel/part 2.
Dec 27, 2019 7:30 AM

Mar 2015
The action was nice in this one, and the way Kei's wife killed the guy was a nice twist!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 5, 2020 7:36 AM

Dec 2018
Incest is a fatal violation of rules of Bifrost, ok......

Don't tell me Kei also had a speical ability.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 13, 2020 12:07 AM

Nov 2017
Really somewhat disappointed in arc no. 2. I hope arc no. 3 is better, but it'll only be one ep.

Not sure I like the 45 minute structure in the 2nd half. Not justified. This could've gone better with regular 30 min episodes.

Too much was left in the air and confusing, and then things get sorted in 5 mins really simply and without much romance.

Evil guy dies. Occasan dies. Evil lives another day. I couldn't tell who was who or what was what the entire time. They really had strange names...I couldn't figure out the point of the guy with cancer, or the old woman. The whole thing crashed and burned in this ep.

I hope ep 8 is more redeeming.

It's sad because they got so much right 1-4, a perfect little OVA. They've slouched back to formula since then.

I think the point for me that was like, huh? Was the female investigator stepping on a dude to escape over a wall. Also I deduct points every time they pull something from the GITS SAC anime.

Like I know political anime is hard to write and all but I hate it when everything gets mashed up in a wall. The whole smuggling plot was weird, boring.

A flaming clown car in this ep mashing it all together, I hope the thing doesn't get crushed up against a wall in ep 8.
Jan 15, 2020 5:14 PM
Aug 2018
DarkInsomnia57 said:
Really somewhat disappointed in arc no. 2. I hope arc no. 3 is better, but it'll only be one ep.

Not sure I like the 45 minute structure in the 2nd half. Not justified. This could've gone better with regular 30 min episodes.

Too much was left in the air and confusing, and then things get sorted in 5 mins really simply and without much romance.

Evil guy dies. Occasan dies. Evil lives another day. I couldn't tell who was who or what was what the entire time. They really had strange names...I couldn't figure out the point of the guy with cancer, or the old woman. The whole thing crashed and burned in this ep.

I hope ep 8 is more redeeming.

It's sad because they got so much right 1-4, a perfect little OVA. They've slouched back to formula since then.

I think the point for me that was like, huh? Was the female investigator stepping on a dude to escape over a wall. Also I deduct points every time they pull something from the GITS SAC anime.

Like I know political anime is hard to write and all but I hate it when everything gets mashed up in a wall. The whole smuggling plot was weird, boring.

A flaming clown car in this ep mashing it all together, I hope the thing doesn't get crushed up against a wall in ep 8.

You said it all! I was feeling the same.
Apr 7, 2020 1:37 PM
Oct 2019
dyof00 said:
but i still can't understand why is kei so mad at arata
I guess Kei was mad at him because he wasn't able to protect his wife as promised.
Actually, Arata was still working on the case and solved it but on the other hand he went to save him (and the wife) only after the other Executor came back.

By the way, Kei of course needs psychological counseling after he's been tortured and put under a lot of pressure, but whath his wife Mai said -that he's been holding back himself otherwise he could kill everyone- come to my mind...

And also knowing that Arata is actually an asyntomatic criminal makes me even more curious to see how it will end in the next episode (and also I want Akane's status to be explained)
Apr 20, 2020 1:25 AM

Jan 2017
That scene similar to Makashima holding a hostage at gun point in season 1 but the victim lives instead. Bonus points for Mai performing the gun reversal on Torri

May 1, 2020 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
Monukai said:
For me this is the first real episode that felt like Psycho Pass... up to now it's been good, but it just hasn't been great? The plot wasn't really pulling me in that much, and it seemed like too many characters, organizations, etc. were being introduced and names flying around everywhere, that despite the somewhat simple nature of the plot, trying to bring together all the minute details was sort of tough.

Maiko's badassery really caught me by surprise. She sort of has been presented as meek/frail, maybe it just seems that way because she was going in for surgery *and* Kei is such a beast all the time anyone looks meek next to him. Loved it either way, esp. that she didn't hesitate. You go girl.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts, was awesome seeing another person that's criminally asymptomatic, I'm sure this has a deeper connection to the stuff we've seen already.

Maiko caught me off guard too, made for an easy takedown of Torri though.
Jun 13, 2020 4:27 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This one probably the best episode so far, very intense and thriller, with higher stakes all over the place.
Nov 22, 2020 5:36 AM

Dec 2012
Kurisu.
Theresa calls.
Arata felt dat phantom pain.
Kei.
Maiko.
Maiko with Mao.
Maiko lost her eyesight due to an explosion.
Kei is free.
Dem guards dropped.
They found Theresa.
Final Salvation Plan.

Holy crap! When I saw Toori point the gun at Maiko and Kei was watching from down below, I thought it was going to be a repeat of when Makishima killed my kawaii Yuki, but then she revealed to us she got skills like John Wick taking that gun at point blank range and killed. After that you see Maiko on a stretcher being taken. I assume that's how it would have went had Yuki lived.

Oh snap! Torri is the product of incest. I mean damn! Can you blame the brother? Have you looked at Kyoko? She is fine, but I didn't exactly know her age to want to hit it. I don't blame him for securing the bag... I mean womb. Incest is wincest. With that said...

Kougami better show up in the next episode. How do we go from Case 3 to Kougami only appearing once?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 16, 2020 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
Super intense episode.

It was awesome seeing Maiko disarm and kill Torri. The show had multiple hints that she had witnessed violence firsthand in Russia.
Aug 22, 2021 1:22 PM
Dec 2017
damn Kurisu's death was pretty rough to see.

Feb 8, 2022 7:59 AM

Apr 2021
Why Arata is injured in the final scenes of the episode? When his shoulder got injured? At the car crash? IDTS.

even he shows it at the end:
Jun 13, 2022 8:40 AM

Dec 2007
there's so much on this episode that can be said lol.
definitely best episode in this season.

we see akane again, this time with beurau chief aka sybil.
i feel we didn't get any close for what she did, i kinda doubt we will in the last episode, or maybe last episode will be concentrate on this and the trilogy will concentrate ending bifrost?

mika was badass lol. liked that part.
but as comments in the thread suggest, there's more for her.
seems she's been moved from side-side character to one of the interesting ones lol.

arata being sybil vessel? didn't foresaw that.

felt that ginoza and the pilot guy from s2 came back only for some action, hasn't done much contributing the plot.
Aug 17, 2022 11:24 PM
Jul 2022
that gun reversal by maiko and the way she took out torri had me cracking up. I DID NOT EXPECT THAT. nice twist psycho pass. well played loooool
Nov 28, 2022 2:03 AM
Feb 2021
some violence at last
Feb 4, 2023 9:24 PM

Mar 2020
So we can conclude from this episode that self-defense does not exist in this world!
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Nov 2010
I must say Kyouko is a hot MILF. If Torri doesn't mind having a stepsibling, I'll screw her lots! Damn, she looks so yummy! It's a damn shame she got enforced, and none of her sexy body was left. I would've been fine screwing her corpse!

That's a cool sniper rifle. It has a fully automatic fire feature.

Wow, that was unexpected from Maya. She could've kicked Torri's ass from the start. I guess she didn't want her hue to get clouded, but there was no reason for her to shoot him when he was already disarmed.

I spot another Bugatti Veyron!
I thought Mao was gonna confess her love. Hehe!

I like the mystery and how the arcs are connected, but it would've been better if the show hadn't introduced Bifrost early on and made it evident that Torri's goal is to join it. Arata is struggling to figure out what's going on while we already know the endgame of the villains since episode one or two. I prefer shows where we, the viewer, will solve the mystery and figure out the villain's endgame together. It's a good thing there's still enough mystery to keep me interested in the story.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2019

168 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 15, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

151 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2019

130 by venbals »»
Jan 19, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

70 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

78 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:55 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.