Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Dec 5, 2019 5:51 AM

For me it's gotta be Angel Beats. First ever anime I watched and it hit my 11 year old heart right in the feels

Dec 5, 2019 5:54 AM
Mmmhm Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That time when Japanese animation was mostly Art... Good old days.
Re:formed

Dec 5, 2019 5:56 AM

High school DxD. First time I realized how truly different Japanese cartoons were from the regular Western Ones
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Dec 5, 2019 5:57 AM

Angel Beats is also one of my nostalgic anime

Dec 5, 2019 5:59 AM

Daniel_Naumov said:
Mmmhm Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That time when Japanese animation was mostly Art... Good old days.

>Implying these days anime is not art

Excuse me?

Dec 5, 2019 6:01 AM
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Excuse me?

>implying reading comprehension is a common attribute
Daniel_Naumov said:
That time when Japanese animation was mostly Art....

Gracefully excused.

Dec 5, 2019 6:02 AM
Either Hajime no ippo, Prince of tennis, or eyeshield 21

Dec 5, 2019 6:02 AM
Cardcaptor Sakura, I remembered the first opening song and rough plot and rewatched it again

Dec 5, 2019 6:06 AM

Gotta be DBZ or Naruto or Bleach. Or Ashita no Joe

Dec 5, 2019 6:10 AM
The Anime that's most nostalgic for me ( man that's hard) has to be Death note ( DBZ to) but to me Death Note. It was the first none action anime that had me on the edge of my seat, like ready for the next episode. I read the manga before I watched the show but it still had me hooked.

Dec 5, 2019 6:10 AM

Detective Conan. Just hearing Mune ga Doki Doki again already hit right in the nostalgia. And of course Doraemon. Konna koto ina
~Spiritual Healing~

Dec 5, 2019 6:11 AM

Daniel_Naumov said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:

Excuse me?

Daniel_Naumov said:
That time when Japanese animation was mostly Art....

Gracefully excused.

Pardon me, but actually I didn't really understand. My english is not the best and I still have some problems in "reading comprehension". So, basically what you wanted to say is that some time ago Japanese animation was for the most part art, while now not that much?

Dec 5, 2019 6:26 AM
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Gracefully excused.

Pardon me, but actually I didn't really understand. My english is not the best and I still have some problems in "reading comprehension". So, basically what you wanted to say is that some time ago Japanese animation was for the most part art, while now not that much?

Precisely.
SHEER
COMPLETE
AMNESTY

Dec 5, 2019 8:36 AM

kingjames20036 said:
The Anime that's most nostalgic for me ( man that's hard) has to be Death note ( DBZ to) but to me Death Note. It was the first none action anime that had me on the edge of my seat, like ready for the next episode. I read the manga before I watched the show but it still had me hooked.

Hell yeah, I miss when death note was my favorite anime. Life was simple then.

Also I'm super nostalgic for guilty crown. That was one of my faves back in 2013
- BE GAY DO CRIMES -

Dec 5, 2019 8:50 AM

Fruits Basket. I read and watch it years ago, when I wasn't even really into anime and barely understood what it really was. Watching the new anime feels strange but it's awesome.

Dec 5, 2019 8:53 AM
Haru Choi

Digimon and the Original Pokemon leagues.

Dec 5, 2019 8:54 AM
Little Busters,Naruto,Bleach,and Beelzebub all hit home for this one

Dec 5, 2019 9:14 AM

Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto, lot of nostalgic!

Dec 5, 2019 9:22 AM
HaruChoi said:

Hey Hell ya Digiomon Seasons 1 & 2 were the best of the Franchise, I feel you there.

Dec 5, 2019 9:24 AM
Hmm, hard one, maybe Detroit Metal City as that was my first non-action comedy and musical anime.

Dec 5, 2019 9:28 AM

Full Metal Panic, and Evangelion remember watching them on comcasts anime on demand service and discovering anime in itself. I watched DBZ, Inuyasha, sailor moon ect... that was all on cartoon network back in the day but I thought that was all american cartoons at the time

Dec 5, 2019 9:43 AM

Aria. There is something special about its city, characters and music.

Dec 5, 2019 9:44 AM

I think...Sunday Without God? I don't understand why: when I first watched it as a kid, I wasn't that blown away by it. Yet, thinking back on it, the art, the premise, the feel, it was so...magical.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Dec 5, 2019 9:49 AM

Pokemon and Naruto, they were both Chinese cartoons for me a long time ago.

Dec 5, 2019 9:52 AM
I guess Steins;Gate and Golden Time.

Dec 5, 2019 10:11 AM
Naruto and somewhat Sao. I still remember watching Naruto thinking as a cartoon in my childhood. 😂
Sao was the first anime I watched as an anime
SAO Progressive needs an anime. It is the real SAO not the rushed original.

Dec 5, 2019 11:02 AM
Haru Choi

kingjames20036 said:
HaruChoi said:

Hey Hell ya Digiomon Seasons 1 & 2 were the best of the Franchise, I feel you there.

I know right!!! I hear the themes of them and im like YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEEEEEEN, PLAY THAT JAM <3

Dec 5, 2019 11:13 AM

Has to be Pokemon and the first arcs of Bleach

Naruto and One Piece are also kinda nostalgic because they were a few of the first anime I've watched when I was a teenager, but that was only 4-5 years ago
And then, God missed a step of his stairs

Dec 5, 2019 11:27 AM

I'm old so a lot of anime are nostalgic for me from different periods of my life, but nostalgia kinda grows over the years so the most nostalgic ones are probably the shows from my early childhood that I watched on TV without even knowing they're anime. Tho the nostalgia for those is limited to their german versions since that's all I know. My top choices from that period of my life would probably be Heidi and Biene Maja (Maya the Bee).

Then if I move on to my later childhood/early teen years there is another batch of nostalgic shows, the ones I still watched on german TV (and some on DVD) but already knew they were from Japan. Of course Pokemon, Digimon and Monster Rancher are part of those as well as DB(Z) but my top choice for that era must go to Ranma 1/2, Still probably my favorite german OPs ever, I watched these episodes so many times, I'll never forget that feeling associated with that time. Especially this OP.

Then in my later teen years there was a last batch of stuff I watched before I started primarily torrenting. Akira, Ghibli Movies, Lupin III, Wolf's Rain, City Hunter etc...
But the most nostalgic from that time period must be Golden Boy.

I could go on and talk about the first anime I watched on my computer, like Bleach and Naruto and One Piece and Death note and Code Geass and so on, but I don't want to make this post any longer than it already is so I'll stick to anime with pre-torrenting nostalgia.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Dec 5, 2019 11:29 AM

Pokemon: Indigo League" is easily the most nostalgic.

Other than that, DBZ/Dragonball, Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura.

Dec 5, 2019 11:34 AM

DBZ for sure.
my love for dbz totally outways how shitity DBS truly is.

there were tons of kids anime too: pokemon, digimon, monster ranchers, fighting foodons, power stone, card captors, metabots

gundam wing was sort of tight as well
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here

Dec 5, 2019 11:36 AM

Dragon Ball Z and .hack//Sign, since those were the first 2 anime I watched. Also, Bleach is pretty high up there, mostly for the OST that I used to listen to a lot, already well over 10 years ago at this point in time...

Dec 5, 2019 11:57 AM

Even though it's not the first anime I watched since greek TV was full of these things, Howl's moving castle always brings me on the verge of tears and fills me with happy memories of childhood whenever I watch it or just listen to the music. It's kinda like the elder scrolls series in the sense that most of the enjoyment comes from the music and whenever I listen to it it makes me feel like home which I think is the literal definition of nostalgia.
I really enjoy those "helicopter ride" memes

Dec 5, 2019 12:05 PM

bruh tokoyo mew mew was probably the first anime i ever watched properly. Watched the whole thing on youtube when i was like 6. I remember watching so many amvs of that piink cat girl and that hot villain green guy. Watched so many compilations of magical girl transformations both actual anime and fanmade. Also that purple fox girl was lowkey a lesbian awakening for me (i also shipped her and that blue bird girl lol)

Dec 5, 2019 12:09 PM

Mermaid Melody, Tokyo Mew Mew and Keroro Gunsou.My childhood ::(

Dec 5, 2019 4:44 PM
HaruChoi said:
kingjames20036 said:

I know right!!! I hear the themes of them and im like YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEEEEEEN, PLAY THAT JAM <3

Di Di Di Digimon Digimon and you see the digidestined falling, that opening used to get my hype and still will.

Dec 5, 2019 4:50 PM

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, those witch designs used to like the ones in my dream accompanied with magical music.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Shite & Forcum Gayikes.

Dec 5, 2019 5:16 PM

Probably all of my childhood anime like Dragon Ball etc.

Dec 5, 2019 5:34 PM

Bleach was the first anime I became a fan of nearly 8 years ago and I thought it was seriously cool at the time. I started to believe the Soul Society was the spiritual parallel of our real world, and that each of us contained our own (varying) amount of spiritual pressure. I used to imagine I was a Captain or a Lieutenant. It was like something out of the series Chuunibyou LOL.

Dec 5, 2019 5:36 PM
Pretty generic but Pokémon, it’s the only anime I watched when I was younger and I was literally so obsessed with it. It’s nostalgic for a lot of people so it’s probably not that interesting but I still love Pokémon to this day.

Dec 5, 2019 5:52 PM
Cardcaptor Sakura (Nelvana Dub).

Don't care about negative opinions on this particular dub, it's nostalgic to me as that was what was available as a kid.

'Mysterious' was legit such good BGM in the series too, ooff.

Dec 5, 2019 5:53 PM

Either it's Digimon or Nogizaki Haruka no Himitsu.
"If it ain't big, it's only a bust," The Truth, Some Point in the Past

Dec 5, 2019 5:56 PM

the original sailor moon or DBZ

blbalbabla

Dec 5, 2019 6:09 PM

Basically the normal Naruto and Pokemon.

Dec 5, 2019 6:14 PM

Tenchi Muyou! and VanDread

Those were the first two series I bought and I still pull them out and watch them periodically.

Dec 5, 2019 6:19 PM

Pokemon. It was the first anime I ever watched.

Dec 5, 2019 6:24 PM

Konjiki no Gash Bell!

I was 7 years old when I started watching but finished at 11~12, so it's really nostalgic for me. It's still one of my favorite anime of all time.

Dec 5, 2019 6:28 PM

Outlaw Star, probably my first anime love that I KNEW was anime. I didn't know Pokemon or Digimon were anime (though they BOTH also make me hella nostalgic). And a lot of the Toonami and early Adult Swim stuff in general.

Dec 5, 2019 6:28 PM

Doraemon, never gets old.

I recently watch the movies and bought some doraemon mangas, it's still good especially stories from the original creator

Dec 5, 2019 6:36 PM
Strawberry Panic or Saki.

Strawberry Panic was my first anime I ever watched, knowing it was anime. I still have a crazy strong emotional connection to the show, and I still rewatch it relatively frequently. I will never forget the feeling I felt when I finished it for the first time, and very few anime have been even close to leaving the impact Strawberry Panic left on me.

Saki was one of my first 10 anime (not really sure where it came on the list, I just know it was somewhere between 7 and 10). This is the anime that turned me into a closet weeb. I started getting into the Japanese language afterwards, and I started to learn to play mahjong. Saki is my favorite anime of all time, period. The feelings I get when I rewatch it make me feel like I am 12 years old, laying under my blankets watching it for the first time. My stomach gets butterflies, my mouth curls up into a smile, and I turn off the world for a few hours.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »