yo?
i dont watch sports.
35.1%
I watch sports.
64.9%
37 votes
Dec 5, 2019 5:40 AM

Feb 2017
I find watching sports a chore. I find it strange how a LOT of people love and can watch sports events for hours.

Which group do you belong to?

Dec 5, 2019 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
I used to watch tennis quite religiously. But it's been many years since I last watched any sport.
Dec 5, 2019 7:23 AM

Jul 2017
Well most of the time sporting events are usually around the 2-hour mark, so I don't find them that time-wasting to watch. Ofc there are a few times especially when I was watching a variety of sports like soccer/football and WWE where I found myself questioning why I even bothered watching (i.e., a very uneventful and boring match) but you never know with these kinds of things when suddenly a big one will appear

Nowadays however I almost exclusively watch Formula 1 though. I guess since I have to wake up a bit earlier to watch them that the 2 hours spent doesn't really feel like a bother. I mean, yeah there are definitely races that are a bore-fest (France, Abu Dhabi) but there are also ones that were amazing to watch (Brazil, Canada, Germany)
Dec 5, 2019 7:23 AM
Aug 2019
Used to watch a lot of soccer/football but don't myself into it these days
Dec 7, 2019 9:19 AM

Aug 2016
I used to watch a lot of hockey because i grew up with it, played it and all that nowadays a watch American football because its only once a week and its like a event to look forward.

Also a lot of people including myself use sports to just have a few drinks or to just go out and watch with friends and all that.
Dec 7, 2019 10:46 AM

Dec 2016
i can't watch much on my own - get bored too quickly - but it's nice to watch a match or two with pals, and 'commentate' on the match with them. think a lot of enjoying sports matches is to do with the energy of the room anyway.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Dec 7, 2019 11:59 AM
May 2019
I dislike watching sports, I don't see the appeal nor do I really care which team is going to win. I find the entire thing boring. The worst thing about it are elitist obnoxious sports fans that believe that everyone should care about their favorite team and threat every match like it is a life or death situation rather than a mindless entertainment I can't stand them. I prefer to watch things with substance.
Dec 7, 2019 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
I'm not really into sports, but I can actually watch a baseball game, and be entertained by it. I only started watching baseball when I was in my early 20s.

The only other sports that interest me are darts, bowling, tennis, badminton and also women's lacrosse, mainly due to watching "Futari wa Precure."

Dec 7, 2019 1:05 PM

Oct 2017
I keep up with Hockey that's about it. I used to keep up with American Football and NBA back in the day but not anymore. It's just fun to watch competition and athletes giving their all.
Dec 7, 2019 4:14 PM

Jun 2015
Xstasy said:
I dislike watching sports, I don't see the appeal
esp team sports
Xstasy said:
The worst thing about it are elitist obnoxious sports fans that believe that everyone should care about their favorite team and threat every match like it is a life or death situation rather than a mindless entertainment I can't stand them.
Quite literally the words out of my mouth. Esp fottball fans. well, anykind the ameri fusball end esp these soccertards
Dec 8, 2019 4:00 PM

Nov 2012
I don't usually watch sports but if there is some big competition between national teams I may watch it (usually football, water polo etc)
Come here and play with my darkness
Dec 8, 2019 7:43 PM

Oct 2018
I mostly watch highlights and lookup box scores of the teams and players I follow. Playing fantasy basketball rn with a group of friends and it is pretty fun.

Also, I watch a lot of swimming and water polo, really interesting stuff and I grew up in an aquatic oriented family so yeah.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Dec 8, 2019 11:41 PM
Oct 2019
I watch a bit of Football but that's about it, only because some of my friends like it.
Dec 10, 2019 6:29 AM

Mar 2016
I regularly watch football (Bundesliga). Sometimes darts, some winter sports (like alpine skiing, biathlon, and ski jumping), and parkour (does that even count?).
I can probably appreciate any kind of sports competition. I just like watching professional athletes competing in their respective fields.
Dec 10, 2019 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Good-looking guys in it = maybe I'll watch it.
Hot girls in ir = Defo watching it.
Dec 10, 2019 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
Watching sport bores me to death, the only one I could watch is golf but even then just rarely since it gets quite lenghty.
Dec 11, 2019 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
I'm a season ticket holder at Norwich City Football Club. I don't like sports.
Dec 11, 2019 2:09 PM

Oct 2015
I didn't watch sports before but I am now. I really like watching competition and I started from e-sports. Once both LoL and CSGO tourneys got repetitive, I explored my options and I got hooked with watching sports instantly, I felt like the stakes are higher and much more competitive
Dec 14, 2019 12:22 PM

Oct 2009
i loved watching the rugby world cup 2019. brought a lot of merch aswell 👌👌
Dec 14, 2019 12:42 PM

Oct 2015
I'm not interested in watching any of the sport matches. I could probably endure watching eSports but wouldn't enjoy it either.
Dec 14, 2019 10:36 PM

Nov 2012

I watch some basketball, some football (mostly Champions League, La Liga and the World Cups whenever they're on), along with some IAAF track meets, IFSC climbing events, some FIL & IBSF, etc.—basically whatever's on and interesting

Though my main interest is motorsport—
F1, IMSA, Super GT and Super Formula mainly—WEC, FE, F2 and VLN events when I can catch them, some DTM when it isn't region locked to hell, etc.

Short_Circut said:

Nowadays however I almost exclusively watch Formula 1 though. I guess since I have to wake up a bit earlier to watch them that the 2 hours spent doesn't really feel like a bother. I mean, yeah there are definitely races that are a bore-fest (France, Abu Dhabi) but there are also ones that were amazing to watch (Brazil, Canada, Germany)

Germany and Brazil were so good, as was Austria and the final few laps of Hungary (when Hamilton was closing down Verstappen's lead). I'm hoping the new regs will give us racing that good more consistently.

last.fm / recent albums / twitter
Dec 15, 2019 7:18 AM

Oct 2014
while i am interested in sports, i wouldn't say i'm some sports guy. i mostly prefer baseball and basketball, and i'd say i catch about 60% of my team's games, more or less. i grew up playing sports but it's never been something i'm crazy about.
Dec 15, 2019 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
onchyophoran said:

I watch some basketball, some football (mostly Champions League, La Liga and the World Cups whenever they're on), along with some IAAF track meets, IFSC climbing events, some FIL & IBSF, etc.—basically whatever's on and interesting

Though my main interest is motorsport—
F1, IMSA, Super GT and Super Formula mainly—WEC, FE, F2 and VLN events when I can catch them, some DTM when it isn't region locked to hell, etc.

Short_Circut said:

Germany and Brazil were so good, as was Austria and the final few laps of Hungary (when Hamilton was closing down Verstappen's lead). I'm hoping the new regs will give us racing that good more consistently.

Yea, almost the whole season after the summer break was pretty good. Germany was amazing though and Brazil was really unexpected lol
Dec 15, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
There was a time when I used to watch every minute of cricket test matches. They last for 5 days, seven hours a day. Theres no boredom when there's strategy involved.
Short_Circut said:
I mean, yeah there are definitely races that are a bore-fest (France, Abu Dhabi) but there are also ones that were amazing to watch (Brazil, Canada, Germany)
I find all the new tracks to be boring as hell. They took track safety too far imo.
Dec 15, 2019 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
operationvalkyri said:
There was a time when I used to watch every minute of cricket test matches. They last for 5 days, seven hours a day. Theres no boredom when there's strategy involved.
Short_Circut said:
I mean, yeah there are definitely races that are a bore-fest (France, Abu Dhabi) but there are also ones that were amazing to watch (Brazil, Canada, Germany)
I find all the new tracks to be boring as hell. They took track safety too far imo.

Yea maybe so. But I mean, Monaco is an old track and that's still one of the most boring races. idk if it's even track safety though, think it's just the tracks themselves. Like France and Abu Dhabi should be key tracks for overtaking (especially with France's long ass straight). Part of it is also the TV director's fault lol for showing pointless moments when so much shit is happening elsewhere (like Abu Dhabi)
Dec 15, 2019 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Short_Circut said:
operationvalkyri said:

Yea maybe so. But I mean, Monaco is an old track and that's still one of the most boring races. idk if it's even track safety though, think it's just the tracks themselves. Like France and Abu Dhabi should be key tracks for overtaking (especially with France's long ass straight). Part of it is also the TV director's fault lol for showing pointless moments when so much shit is happening elsewhere (like Abu Dhabi)
Monaco was always the most boring race in terms of actual racing. All it did was cause a bunch of accidents in the beginning, and the rest of the race used to be pit strategy. I don't remember France being dull, but Abu Dhabi always manages to be. Hungary, Spa, Hokenheim, Monza, Nurburgring were always the highlights. Haven't watched many races recently, though.
Dec 15, 2019 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
operationvalkyri said:
Short_Circut said:

Monaco was always the most boring race in terms of actual racing. All it did was cause a bunch of accidents in the beginning, and the rest of the race used to be pit strategy. I don't remember France being dull, but Abu Dhabi always manages to be. Hungary, Spa, Hokenheim, Monza, Nurburgring were always the highlights. Haven't watched many races recently, though.

France was horrible this year lol. Abu Dhabi was bad at the front, but the midfield was actually pretty intense (especially during the last laps). Unfortunately the TV director thought showing Hamilton victory parade for the last few laps was more thrilling than watching Sainz make a last lap move to get 6th in the championship smh.

Hungary is kinda eh though. This year was only good cause of the Hamilton charge but apart from that is was kinda meh. Past couple of years Hungary hasn't really been the most exciting of races
Dec 15, 2019 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Short_Circut said:
operationvalkyri said:

France was horrible this year lol. Abu Dhabi was bad at the front, but the midfield was actually pretty intense (especially during the last laps). Unfortunately the TV director thought showing Hamilton victory parade for the last few laps was more thrilling than watching Sainz make a last lap move to get 6th in the championship smh.

Hungary is kinda eh though. This year was only good cause of the Hamilton charge but apart from that is was kinda meh. Past couple of years Hungary hasn't really been the most exciting of races
I guess compared to the others, Hungary doesn't allow for much overtaking, but it sure is better than some of the modern tracks. Horrible decision by the TV director to ignore the midfield.
Dec 15, 2019 12:31 PM

Feb 2019
I've watched a lot of cricket in my life. I love test matches which usually last for 5 days although it is only enjoyable if you know every shit that's going on. Trolling, sledging, bouncers, yorkers, swing, drives and politics. It's not a mere chore.
Dec 15, 2019 12:41 PM

Nov 2012
operationvalkyri said:

Short_Circut said:
But I mean, Monaco is an old track and that's still one of the most boring races. idk if it's even track safety though, think it's just the tracks themselves. Like France and Abu Dhabi should be key tracks for overtaking (especially with France's long ass straight). Part of it is also the TV director's fault lol for showing pointless moments when so much shit is happening elsewhere (like Abu Dhabi)

Not all the Tilkedromes were so bad—Malaysia was good, it's a shame they dropped it. The Tilke redesign of Fuji was alright as well.

And not all classic circuits are equal—for every Spa or Monza, there's a Monaco or Zandvoort. It still baffles me that they're using that venue next year. Passing is going to be an absolute nightmare, especially with these current long-wheelbase cars. Assen would've probably been a better fit, if they really wanted a home race for the Verstappen brigade.
onchyophoranDec 15, 2019 12:45 PM

Dec 15, 2019 12:45 PM

Jul 2017
onchyophoran said:
operationvalkyri said:

Short_Circut said:
But I mean, Monaco is an old track and that's still one of the most boring races. idk if it's even track safety though, think it's just the tracks themselves. Like France and Abu Dhabi should be key tracks for overtaking (especially with France's long ass straight). Part of it is also the TV director's fault lol for showing pointless moments when so much shit is happening elsewhere (like Abu Dhabi)

Not all the Tilkedromes were so bad—Malaysia was good, it's a shame they dropped it. The Tilke redesign of Fuji was alright as well
And not all classic circuits are equal—for every Spa or Monza, there's a Monaco Zandvoort. It still baffles me that they're using that venue next year. Passing is going to be an absolute nightmare, especially with these current long-wheelbase cars. Assen would've probably been a better fit, if they really wanted a home race for the Verstappen brigade.

ye Monaco is legit only in it for the prestige. idk about Zandvoort though, could have potential to be a good race. Like almost everyone doubted Baku could ever produce a good race and that's been one of the better races these past few years (especially 2017 lool)
Dec 15, 2019 12:49 PM

Nov 2012
Short_Circut said:
ye Monaco is legit only in it for the prestige. idk about Zandvoort though, could have potential to be a good race. Like almost everyone doubted Baku could ever produce a good race and that's been one of the better races these past few years (especially 2017 lool)

I dunno, when they have to bodge in corner banking it's not a good sign. Even the regional GP3/F3 held there could get a bit processional. I don't doubt it would be fun to drive, and make for a good quali session though.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7574 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Apr 23, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Apr 23, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.