Forum Settings
Forums

What Anime were once considered to be among the best ever made, but not so much nowadays?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Dec 5, 2019 2:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 1042
I think the original Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) was considered to be one of the best Anime ever made when it first came out, but since the release of Brotherhood, that opinion seems to have died down a bit. For the record, I still prefer 03 to Brotherhood. Another contender is Geass. When it dropped it was all the rage for at least 5 years, not so much these days. I think as people have got older and seen more anime, they recognise the flaws a lot more.


EDIT: For people who struggle with the English language, it doesn't just mean people talking about/stopping talking about it. It's about a series that at one point was considered the GOAT or the pinnacle and is no longer thought of that way. Geass certainly fits this, people talk about it, but there's much more recent anime that people would rank higher.
Modified by Marinate1016, Dec 5, 2019 7:51 PM
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate
 
#2
Dec 5, 2019 3:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 392
Disagree with Code Geass, it'll still make it high up on any top anime list; just look at the NHK top 100 from a couple of years ago or the top 100 poll TheAnimeMan put together.

FMA 2003 for sure, although it's still considered good brotherhood definitely overshadows it.

I've not been an anime fan for long enough to really know of much else, maybe Eureka Seven if it was that highly regarded when released. Hunter x Hunter 1999 also gets somewhat overshadowed by the 2011 version I guess.
Modified by Platypus7, Dec 5, 2019 5:28 AM
 
#3
Dec 5, 2019 3:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 226
Well, the original Code Geass is definitely still popular enough..

I think the anime that will decline its popularity overtime will be almost all anime in battle shounen genre... As the previous released one will felt old n cliche, n fans will move on into the newer one.. For example people nowadays won't remember much about Shaman King, Gash Bell, Inuyasha, Law of Ueki, etc..

So yeah, people in the future will definitely forget about the battle shounen that still famous in this century too.. Demon Slayers, Bleach, Beelzebub, etc.. But i think it takes so much longer time to forget the most famous one such as DB, Naruto, One Piece, n BNHA..
Modified by lswarmruler, Dec 5, 2019 3:49 AM
Try read Spy x Family manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
 
#4
Dec 5, 2019 3:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2117
Durarara
Darker than Black
Black lagoon
Saiyuuki
Phantom Requiem for the phantom
Saki
Clannad
Katekyo Hitman reborn
Highschool of the Dead

And many others.
 
#5
Dec 5, 2019 4:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 591
Maybe Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu? It used to be a big deal apparently but now people barely talk about it, right? :/
 
#6
Dec 5, 2019 4:09 AM
Online
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 383
i dont agree with geass
folks were hyped for resurrection, even tho it was meh i.e. fan-service
eureka has fallen, tho i didnt like it the first time
can i say D gray man
break blade
future diary
black cat
 
#7
Dec 5, 2019 4:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 21575
Anyone remember when Bleach was actually popular?
 
#8
Dec 5, 2019 4:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 227
Don't know but pokemon is kinda dead lately
 
#9
Dec 5, 2019 7:32 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2930
Superns18 said:
I think the original Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) was considered to be one of the best Anime ever made

Only by its fans.

I think back in 2003 - Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World, Last Exile, The Big O (2003), The Animatrix, Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu, Tokyo Godfathers, Planetes, Gungrave and even Ikkitousen were way way bigger than FMA...
And nobody thought that those are the best ever made.
This type of delusion "My favourite seasonal anime is the best anime ever!!!" came with the later generations of anime fans.


Superns18 said:
Another contender is Geass.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu anyone? (Yeah, but it sunk really fast after it aired.)
Also Gintama, Higurashi..., xxxHOLiC, Black Lagoon, Hachimitsu to Clover II, NHK ni Youkoso!, Toki o Kakeru Shoujo, Paprika, Death Note and Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi.
Those were very popular that year. Code Geass emerged a bit later, maybe with the anticipations for the second season.


I have the feeling that what is remembered nowadays is based mainly on vocal fandoms who persist on liking 5 to 10 titles ignoring everything else.
Modified by alshu, Dec 5, 2019 7:36 AM
 
Dec 5, 2019 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 16037
I can only guess, but

Hack
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21

Especially the latter two. Their fanbases were probably pretty big in the 2000's.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake.

 
Dec 5, 2019 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 47
I feel like Black Butler is on the decline. It was the biggest thing in the world back in like 2008-2012 but it's barely mentioned anymore, and they even made a movie sequel just 2 years ago too. Too bad really
- BE GAY DO CRIMES -


 
Dec 5, 2019 8:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3794
Wrong question. Historical span does not devalue works of art. They might be looked upon through the prism of other, modern series, but they themselves are fixed in "time", in the past. Reviewing them both in 2009 and then in 2019 makes no sense.
Re:formed
 
Dec 5, 2019 12:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2109
Why no one said SAO?! It's the most obvious answer and also is why you shouldn't care about scores:
 
Dec 5, 2019 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 6137
Nubiellee said:
Maybe Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu? It used to be a big deal apparently but now people barely talk about it, right? :/
This.

I almost feel bad for it.

At the time people hailed it for being so incredibly groundbreaking, combining school SOL and comedy and drama and romance and sci-fi/reality-bending and philosophical elements into a package that could be analyzed and re-analyzed and speculated on endlessly.

And now people don't even talk as much about it as they do about Evangelion.


Daniel_Naumov said:
Historical span does not devalue works of art.
Agreed.

Daniel_Naumov said:
They might be looked upon through the prism of other, modern series, but they themselves are fixed in "time", in the past.
Disagreed with them being "fixed in time" in the past -- rather, I'd say they exist outside of time, though naturally they're meta-contextually associated with a certain point in time.
avatar image source (note: not my artwork): http://atelier-ps3.jp/escha-logy/anime/character4.html
The character is Linca from Atelier Escha & Logy, specifically the anime version.
 
Dec 5, 2019 2:03 PM
Sing For Me Miku

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1445
Neon Genesis Evangelion. Hands down
 
Dec 5, 2019 2:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 51882
Haruhi she and her religion Haruhism is forgotten already

*and insert most popular mecha shows in the past here* or the mecha in general is forgotten already (ex. Macross, Gunbuster and Gundam Wing)
 
Dec 5, 2019 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 5
Probably not really considered "best ever made" but the CGI of Land of the Lustrous got really praised when it came out. Now it barely get's mentioned anymore. A 2nd season would probably do good for the reputation.
 
Dec 5, 2019 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 662
The go to example in my head was Elfen Lied. For a while, it seemed like a must watch show that was what defined anime. Nowadays, it's harder and harder to find fans of it and most people seem to feel it's a mediocre show with a shocking first episode that stole all the attention.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
 
Dec 5, 2019 2:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 559
Haruhi

And thank god their fans now are quiet about it. I remember back in 2010 or before fucking everyone were theorizing how big of a philosophical deal was and how amazing and well constructed the characters were. Well I don´t know about the LN, but the anime was far from that.

Funny thing is that Aya Hirano got the entire nation of japanese people on her throat for saying that otakus were disgusting, and also the LN just stopped at some point.


Besides that, none of these were considered to be masterpieces, but were VERY high into everyone´s list:

-Darker than Black
-Phantom
-Gundam Wing and Seed
-Macross (specially Frontier)
-Clannad
-Baccano

Also most of the good ones were not degraded, but the fandoms are not as loud as nowadays (also, anime being a little bit more mainstream helps series to blow up globally, which is why things like Demon Slayer, SNK, and Shield Hero got so popular, so much faster).
 
Dec 5, 2019 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 1571
Before Kyoto Animation dominated with emotional tearjerkers, everyone was talking about Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
 
Dec 5, 2019 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 947
Gotta second Haruhi. It was the biggest thing ever at one point and then it just vanished off the face of the Earth.
 
Dec 5, 2019 3:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 392
Two for me. I don't feel like anyone really talks about Death Note or Gurren Lagann as much as they used to.

And, yes, I know Death Note is still the number one most popular on this site. But... people just don't talk about it all that much, for all the hype it used to get. (I mean, I could never get into it, so it's perfectly understandable to me, but it used to be so huge and nowadays I hardly see anyone mention it.)

Gurren Lagann actually was my favourite show for quite a while, and time was you couldn't go anywhere anime-related without seeing someone reference it somewhere. Now it'd seem pretty damn retro to bring it up.

Which is fine, you know? The subculture's moved on, and new people have joined that are getting excited about new things, and that's as it should be. I'm not sad that this is the case. But for how popular both of these were, I'm surprised they're not stlll as relevant as they were, that's all.
 
Dec 5, 2019 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4419
Rouroni Kenshin.

The benchmark for good anime at a time, its passed into oblivion now.

K-ON! - there wasnt a cgdct b4 KON! Now?
 
Dec 5, 2019 4:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 7923
Well in the late 90s my favorites consisted of nothing but Toonami forerunners:

Dragonball Z
Robotech
"I am Holo the wisewolf, I know that there are things in this world that I do not know, that is what makes me wise."
-Holo (Spice & Wolf)
 
Dec 5, 2019 4:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 353
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and The Evangelion Movies.
 
Dec 5, 2019 5:53 PM
I love stuff...

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1081
As far as I am concerned, Haruhi was always crap.

Btw, in case you guys haven't noticed, it's not just about decade+ old titles, people nowadays pretty much stop talking about show as soon as it is over.

No matter how good.
 
Dec 5, 2019 5:55 PM

Online
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 182
TrixiBebe said:
Probably not really considered "best ever made" but the CGI of Land of the Lustrous got really praised when it came out. Now it barely get's mentioned anymore. A 2nd season would probably do good for the reputation.


Yeah It's the best cgi I've ever seen, probably one of the best of 2017 also.
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
 
Dec 5, 2019 5:59 PM

Online
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 182
For me, it's definitely Suzumiya Haruhi, I'm still a follower of Haruhiism but barely anyone talks about it anymore.

Kino no tabi 2003 is personally a masterpiece for me but because of the newer version, it's kind of forgotten.

And anyone still remember the greatness of Kill la Kill?
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
 
Dec 5, 2019 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 10666
Just because people stop talking about it doesn't suddenly make it any less good. People always move on to new things.
Arknights is 👌
 
Dec 5, 2019 6:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10656
Water-sama said:
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and The Evangelion Movies.


fmab is still regarded as the best anime ever, it being #1 on this site and many other site is proof of it, I agree with evangellion series on a whole, it didn't age well when it comes to quality.
 
Dec 5, 2019 6:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 162
SAO-Massively popular upon release, but now only really revered by hardcore fanboys.
Erased-Same as SAO. At one point it was in the top 5 on MAL. Now it still has an 8.5 rating, but is nowhere near where it was when it first dropped
Death Note-When is the last time you heard someone talk about Death Note. Good series, but nobody talks about it anymore
Suzumiya Haruhi-Groundbreaking anime, but has not aged well. We appreciate everything you have done for us, but everything that was so great about it when it dropped has been done better since.
Slam Dunk-Surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet. This was once THE sports anime, but nobody talks about it at all anymore.
 
Dec 5, 2019 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 14
Dragon Ball (the story formula is outdated, dialogue is bad, goku become annoying. I still enjoyed the saiyan-cell arc )

Umineko no naku koro ni (i like the plot, then i read the vn, it is wayyy better than the anime)

One Piece (the animation is bad, bad episode pacing, too much close up stare, outdated soundtrack and sound effect. It's like low budget anime. Manga still great though)

 
Dec 5, 2019 6:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 589
ocdohl said:
Dragon Ball (the story formula is outdated, dialogue is bad, goku become annoying. I still enjoyed the saiyan-cell arc )

Umineko no naku koro ni (i like the plot, then i read the vn, it is wayyy better than the anime)

One Piece (the animation is bad, bad episode pacing, too much close up stare, outdated soundtrack and sound effect. It's like low budget anime. Manga still great though)
yeah, dragon Ball & dbz was made in 1980's. Dbgt in 90's. If I think of it, yeah it's pretty old but dbs is worse as it's new but still average.
 
Dec 5, 2019 7:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 157
monster (naoki urasawa's work)
best thriller psychological anime
 
Dec 5, 2019 7:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 51882
Thegib98 said:

Slam Dunk-Surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet. This was once THE sports anime, but nobody talks about it at all anymore.


if you gonna say Slam Dunk then might as well say too about Yu Yu Hakusho and even Sailormoon

Slam Dunk is still highly popular in Japan at least it has just reprints in 2018 if i remember right and it sold like hotcakes there
 
Dec 5, 2019 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 1155
ocdohl said:
Umineko no naku koro ni (i like the plot, then i read the vn, it is wayyy better than the anime)


Was it actually once considered "among the best ever made" though or even all that popular upon its release? My impression was that it attracted its initial viewership off the coattails of the success of the Higurashi TV series, the Higurashi VN, and the Umineko VN, but the Umineko anime itself was regarded as a flop pretty early on.
 
Dec 5, 2019 7:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 1042
Platypus7 said:
Disagree with Code Geass, it'll still make it high up on any top anime list; just look at the NHK top 100 from a couple of years ago or the top 100 poll TheAnimeMan put together.

FMA 2003 for sure, although it's still considered good brotherhood definitely overshadows it.

I've not been an anime fan for long enough to really know of much else, maybe Eureka Seven if it was that highly regarded when released. Hunter x Hunter 1999 also gets somewhat overshadowed by the 2011 version I guess.


When Geass first dropped it was considered a masterpiece, not so much anymore. It's still popular, but it's not considered GOAT anymore.

boringman15 said:
monster (naoki urasawa's work)
best thriller psychological anime


I remember those days, was def up there as GOAT psychological/thriller. If Babylon sticks it it could be up there too.

Thegib98 said:
SAO-Massively popular upon release, but now only really revered by hardcore fanboys.
Erased-Same as SAO. At one point it was in the top 5 on MAL. Now it still has an 8.5 rating, but is nowhere near where it was when it first dropped
Death Note-When is the last time you heard someone talk about Death Note. Good series, but nobody talks about it anymore
Suzumiya Haruhi-Groundbreaking anime, but has not aged well. We appreciate everything you have done for us, but everything that was so great about it when it dropped has been done better since.
Slam Dunk-Surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet. This was once THE sports anime, but nobody talks about it at all anymore.


SAO is objectively false. It's still the biggest ongoing anime fam. Don't let the loud minority full you. Check the sales numbers, the games, the LN's, merch etc. Mother's basement isn't the end all be all. Most people like SAO or are indifferent to it.



Kaiser-chan said:
Just because people stop talking about it doesn't suddenly make it any less good. People always move on to new things.


Did I say it did? I'm talking about anime that at one point were considered the best ever and not anymore. They've been overshadowed by newer series or their flaws have just become more pronounced over time.

johnbradshaw said:
For me, it's definitely Suzumiya Haruhi, I'm still a follower of Haruhiism but barely anyone talks about it anymore.

Kino no tabi 2003 is personally a masterpiece for me but because of the newer version, it's kind of forgotten.

And anyone still remember the greatness of Kill la Kill?


3 great choices, you understood the question perfectly. Haruhi is a great example, in 2006-2010 nothing was bigger, it was like BHA/SNK now. KLK dominated for a time as well
Water-sama said:
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and The Evangelion Movies.


But the rebuilds were never hailed as the GOAT... if anything they've always been a point of contention about "being shit" Even today go into a group and say you like the rebuilds more, see what happens. The series would be a better example



HeruruMeruru said:
Gotta second Haruhi. It was the biggest thing ever at one point and then it just vanished off the face of the Earth.


I just mentioned this to someone else below, imagine just everyone stopped talking about BHA or SNK and you never saw anything about it again, hard to even fathom

Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate
 
Dec 5, 2019 8:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 42
Water-sama said:
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and The Evangelion Movies.


I feel like the Rebuild films' reputations tanked when the third film came out and hasn't received a sequel since.
-----
In my opinion, Elfen Lied. The anime of the early 2000s, but people only watch it nowadays to see why it was so popular back then.

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
 
Dec 5, 2019 9:07 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 474
Clannad, Lucky Star, and Durarara, I remember so many people recommending these to me way back, and now they've pretty much disappeared off the map. Angel Beats was considered GOAT for a while too, and even tho I still see it getting recommended here and there, it def isn't with the same enthusiasm as it was a few years ago. Mirai Nikki, Deadman Wonderland, and Hellsing also come to mind as animes that I saw getting tossed around a lot as GOAT contenders back in high school but barely see anything about nowadays.
 
Dec 5, 2019 10:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 700
Kaiser-chan said:
Just because people stop talking about it doesn't suddenly make it any less good. People always move on to new things.

It's true. I mean most people nowadays have stopped talking about shows like Baccano, Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, The World God Only Knows and Princess Tutu (lol I'm just being biased on my top 5 shows) but that doesn't mean they're bad. Some people still pop up and talk about these 5 shows every now and then.

Also, to give some examples, does anyone remember these guys and how fujoshis were making them cancerous af?


Also these guys too?


In general, I have to say that most fujoshi bait shows such as the two shows I mentioned above as well as Free, Black Butler and Durarara will most likely fall for this problem.


Allow me to teach you something useful:
My Top 20 Japanese Cartoons
Elitists in a nutshell
Many people say that anime is not a cartoon.
But in the end, they're nothing more but drawings on paper.

 
Dec 5, 2019 10:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 14
WatchTillTandava said:
ocdohl said:
Umineko no naku koro ni (i like the plot, then i read the vn, it is wayyy better than the anime)


Was it actually once considered "among the best ever made" though or even all that popular upon its release? My impression was that it attracted its initial viewership off the coattails of the success of the Higurashi TV series, the Higurashi VN, and the Umineko VN, but the Umineko anime itself was regarded as a flop pretty early on.


Sorry, i mean it's the best for me, not general audience. Back then i'm very new to anime, only watch some on tv.

 
Dec 5, 2019 11:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 947
Some other stuff, mainly that were popular around the time I first got into anime:

Excel Saga. Around the time I got into anime everyone was hailing it as the funniest anime comedy ever and now it's little more than a blip of early 2000's nostalgia if anything.

Di Gi Charat. Granted it wasn't acclaimed but Dejiko and Puchiko were once plastered damn near everywhere for YEARS and then they disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Tokyo Mew Mew, it was probably the most popular magical girl series in the early mid-2000's now it's just seen as horribly mediocre if it's remembered at all.

Bleach. Once one of the most popular series in Shonen Jump, now completely forgotten.
Modified by HeruruMeruru, Dec 5, 2019 11:10 PM
 
Dec 6, 2019 12:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 835
I was really very surprised when I saw the score for '5 Centimeters Per Second' on MAL, and was even more surprised and kinda in disbelief when I went through some of the comments on the discussion board for this movie.

Whenever I'd watch videos or recommendation lists for good profound anime, this movie was always up there, some of my friends would rave over it, and it just surprised me a lot recently when watched it and read the comments and the score, because it's one of the best movies I have ever seen.

The other examples are Akira and GITS.
 
Dec 6, 2019 12:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 232
people are mentioning "Suzumiya Haruhi"? never even heard of it.
 
Dec 6, 2019 12:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 37
I used to think that there were some anime that once considered the best, but after watching another anime maybe people changed their mind, like Death Note? I'm not sure but, people barely talk about Death Note nowadays. Sure, some still recommend this anime and it is still one of the best anime for me.
 
Dec 6, 2019 1:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 353
@Superns18
I was told by numerous people that FMA Brotherhood was better than the OG. I've seen some of the OG but not much.
 
Dec 6, 2019 3:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 392
Superns18 said:
Platypus7 said:
Disagree with Code Geass, it'll still make it high up on any top anime list; just look at the NHK top 100 from a couple of years ago or the top 100 poll TheAnimeMan put together.

FMA 2003 for sure, although it's still considered good brotherhood definitely overshadows it.

I've not been an anime fan for long enough to really know of much else, maybe Eureka Seven if it was that highly regarded when released. Hunter x Hunter 1999 also gets somewhat overshadowed by the 2011 version I guess.


When Geass first dropped it was considered a masterpiece, not so much anymore. It's still popular, but it's not considered GOAT anymore.

My point was that it's still a contender for greatest of all time, it's no longer in the spotlight but it's mostly retained its standing.

Following your logic makes your question a lot broader as a lot of anime are briefly considered among the best due to hype. Imo shows like Code Geass, Death Note, Gurren Lagann may not be talked about as much anymore but you'll still find they're widely considered some of the GOAT.

Haruhi is a perfect example as many have pointed out, I don't think many shows realistically fall into that category.
 
Dec 6, 2019 4:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
It's definitely not from as long ago as most of the things you're all mentioning, but the first thing that comes to my mind is Attack on Titan. It used to be so popular you couldn't go anywhere without seeing it everywhere.

I agree that Death Note used to be way more popular too. I was in the fandom in its hayday. I think it's one of those situations where people still acknowledge how good it is but it doesn't have as active of a fandom. Same with FMA: Brotherhood. Those are two of the best animes I've ever seen but I'm not active in the fandom for either one.

I like to measure the currently popular animes by how many cosplayers I see for them at conventions.

 
Dec 7, 2019 1:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 4395
I remember when ppl praised Darling in the FranXX in 2018, well before certain episodes hahahaha
Life has no meaning.
 
Dec 7, 2019 1:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1089
While not nearly on the level of being considered one of the greatest anime, D.Gray-Man definitely fell out of everyone's mind, especially manga readers with the very rare updates. It was popular enough that people knew the name, but people that have only started watching anime in recent years have probably never even heard of it before. For a time it was like the biggest Shounen that wasn't part of the Big 3, or at least one of the biggest non-Big 3.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »