Forum Settings
Forums

Your opinion on the legalization of recreational Marijuana

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 4, 2019 8:31 PM

Sep 2018
i don’t know a lot about weed, and i don’t plan to really delve into drugs at all, but i have some friends who do. but the only reason why it would be better to legalize it where i live is because all of the surrounding states except mine have legalized it, which means there’s a huge illegal weed market here and therefore making it unregulated and more dangerous for some to buy it here
Dec 4, 2019 8:41 PM

May 2013
I'm fine with it. It's still pretty illegal where I live, but I don't smoke any more so it doesn't really matter to me either way. The main reason I don't is because I'm terrible at keeping in touch with dealers hahah, so maybe I'll do it again if they actually have stores.

None of this CBD oil bullshit tho fuck outta heeur

carseatheadrest said:
i honestly do not understand how stuff like K2 is enjoyable for some people.

yeah man that shit used to be the bad juju. I never did try it.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 4, 2019 8:42 PM

May 2013
juiccbox said:
i don’t know a lot about weed, and i don’t plan to really delve into drugs at all, but i have some friends who do. but the only reason why it would be better to legalize it where i live is because all of the surrounding states except mine have legalized it, which means there’s a huge illegal weed market here and therefore making it unregulated and more dangerous for some to buy it here

That's a shame too since it sounds like it is easy to get weed there except you will go to jail because you live beyond a state line.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Dec 4, 2019 8:45 PM

Sep 2018
Alpha_Tranny said:
juiccbox said:

That's a shame too since it sounds like it is easy to get weed there except you will go to jail because you live beyond a state line.

That’s exactly what happens. I live close to the border of Oregon and so there’s a lot of police that tend to hang out around there since people sneak a shit ton of weed in here
Dec 4, 2019 8:50 PM

May 2013
juiccbox said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

That’s exactly what happens. I live close to the border of Oregon and so there’s a lot of police that tend to hang out around there since people sneak a shit ton of weed in here

That sounds awful. Hopefully it becomes federally legal so everyone need not worry.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Dec 5, 2019 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
I was against all drugs until i did some research on it. First ai learned about CBD and then I read articles on THC. Lots of great and honest memes to be found on r/weed for those of you still against it.

Weed is actually the only safe drug. Of course there are things that shouldn't be attempted while under the influence but I feel it should be legal worldwide due to its many health benefits.

It is far better than coffee, sugar, tobacco, alcohol etc.
Dec 5, 2019 8:53 AM

Mar 2018
Alpha_Tranny said:
With States in the US like Calizuela and Warshingtin legalizing marijuana recreationally more people have access to the devil's lettuce.

Do you think it is a good thing? Do you partake yourself? Do you live not in freedom land and have legal weed too?

I, obviously partake in marijuana in a state where fully legal. I personally really like it, safer than other drugs I've done. Now how about you?

I think that it should be kept available for medical use, but ultimately having in recreational is a bad idea. We've already seen a steady rise of DUIs in Colorado since it was legalized there, and as someone who lives in the state with the worst drivers in the country and an already absurd number of DUIs from just alchohol, I just don't think it would be safe for the roads simply due to my lack of trust in people using responsibly.
Dec 5, 2019 10:01 AM

May 2013
Jaces_Sanctum said:
Alpha_Tranny said:
With States in the US like Calizuela and Warshingtin legalizing marijuana recreationally more people have access to the devil's lettuce.

Do you think it is a good thing? Do you partake yourself? Do you live not in freedom land and have legal weed too?

I, obviously partake in marijuana in a state where fully legal. I personally really like it, safer than other drugs I've done. Now how about you?

I think that it should be kept available for medical use, but ultimately having in recreational is a bad idea. We've already seen a steady rise of DUIs in Colorado since it was legalized there, and as someone who lives in the state with the worst drivers in the country and an already absurd number of DUIs from just alchohol, I just don't think it would be safe for the roads simply due to my lack of trust in people using responsibly.

I’m sorry Colorado is filled with idiots. Anyone who drives under the influence is a grade A moron.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Dec 5, 2019 12:25 PM

Feb 2018
I treat it the same as vaping:
sure, legalize it, but there just isn't enough research in general.
There are benefits to using it for sure, but there's a possibility of experiencing adverse effects--don't simply consume it liberally because it's safer than other drugs.

Speaking of its similarity of vaping, I don't like how people put a front that it's safer than other drugs, so therefore they do it either around others or immediately after go in a crowd of people while the smell still sticks to them. Makes me feel nauseous to smell it. Admittedly though, it's usually adolescents behaving that way, I've never had this problem with young adults and older. Also, I've had mothers in the postpartum unit smoke marijuana before giving birth "to calm themselves down". Please don't. We don't know its effects on the fetus, and I'd rather be on the safe side, y'know?
Dec 5, 2019 12:30 PM

Jun 2014
I'm against all drugs, and that opinion isn't going to change.

People have the right to breathe in clean air.

Dec 5, 2019 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
It's legal where I live. I smoke regularly so I'm all for it. It seems ridiculous for it to be illegal when it's safer than alcohol. Not to mention the reason it was made illegal in the first place was to target minorities (in the US).
Dec 5, 2019 1:00 PM
May 2017
I don't use drugs. But I think that people should be allowed to do that if they want to. + Drug trade is easier to track if it's legal. So if it's going to happen any way. Being legal is the safest route.
Dec 5, 2019 1:42 PM

May 2013
janiwolf said:
I don't use drugs. But I think that people should be allowed to do that if they want to. + Drug trade is easier to track if it's legal. So if it's going to happen any way. Being legal is the safest route.

It really is. The amount of suffering overall goes down with legalization.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Dec 5, 2019 2:47 PM

Jun 2015
But why not then all the other narcotics?
Dec 5, 2019 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
One one hand, the arguments of advocates seem not so bad. Like yeah, drugs have been there for long, and pot doesn't destroy people immediately. Tho I wonder why there're suddenly so many people who are so super pro drugs that they are reaching with things like "everything can be used same way".

On the other, personally I'd ban even tobacco, because f** people who smoke on the go leaving stinky trails behind them (ban alcohol too, if you ask me). I don't look forward to legal junkies, the inevitable pot fad among the young and to even more smelly smoke. Also I do believe it is an easy gateway to worse things. I think that making something easily available will lead to more people pursuing it instead of healthier alternatives and suspect lobbying of the topic - since it's a new profitable market for stuff that is easily addictive.
Dec 5, 2019 4:24 PM
Mar 2016
Seiya said:

I'd rather not run into high people and smell marijuana everywhere I go.
Dec 5, 2019 4:29 PM

May 2013
shadowblaster5 said:
Seiya said:

I'd rather not run into high people and smell marijuana everywhere I go.

I think your opinions are operating under the pretense that legality = legal public intoxication. That is not the case since marijuana should be treated like alcohol and other substances where it would be illegal to drive and be public ally intoxicated.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Dec 5, 2019 5:12 PM

May 2013
Kosmonaut said:
I see nothing wrong with any type of usage of weed, but then again, I'm dutch. Just don't eat those muffins if you ever go to Amsterdam, that shit not even gets you high.

They got me high af when I tried them. Those evil muffins, smh. Maybe I'm just the weak type.

I really don't care what other people try or do, I've never smoked weed but the idea of arresting people simply for smoking a plant is absurd. As long as it is properly controlled and people get educated, it should be fine.

Dec 5, 2019 5:38 PM

Mar 2015
Compared to alcohol, marijuana is a way safer drug, both for the user itself (long term and short term) and the people around the user (society). This has been proven time and time again. Legalisation of marijuana usage and sale will lead to less crime and therefore a safer society (less people in jail too, which tax payers don't have to pay for anymore). Also, legalising it allows for more education on proper usage of the drug. Lastly, people seem to think that more people will go and use marijuana just because it has become legal. This has been debunked: in Canada the legalisation of marijuana has not resulted in an increase of users of the drug.

I actually think many more drugs (with a few execptions) should be legalised as this would greatly hamper the criminal circuit and could provide people with proper education about drug usage, so people use them responsibly (almost all drugs are in fact safer than alcohol, so this is possible!). That's how the real 'war on drugs' should look like.
Dec 5, 2019 5:44 PM

Feb 2019
Shinah said:
Kosmonaut said:
I see nothing wrong with any type of usage of weed, but then again, I'm dutch. Just don't eat those muffins if you ever go to Amsterdam, that shit not even gets you high.

They got me high af when I tried them. Those evil muffins, smh. Maybe I'm just the weak type.
Really? I had never heard of anyone that got high eating those and didn't walk away thinking it was a cash grab. Maybe you bought one that had a higher THC level, usually not the one the salespeople rec to tourists.
Dec 5, 2019 5:57 PM

May 2013
Kosmonaut said:
Shinah said:

Really? I had never heard of anyone that got high eating those and didn't walk away thinking it was a cash grab. Maybe you bought one that had a higher THC level, usually not the one the salespeople rec to tourists.

Maybe. I tried them with a friend, we bought those muffins from a typical store, I'm pretty sure there were souvenirs and some other stuff for tourists.

Dec 5, 2019 6:00 PM

Mar 2008
@Jaces_Sanctum
DUI is a very poor indicator when it comes to cannabis use. Each individual has their own tolerance level of what it takes to influence them and the blood levels selected on tests are totally arbitrary. A person that partook days ago could register as a DUI. It's more accurate to look at car accidents. There has been no increase in fatal accidents only non fatal accidents in states where it's legal.
https://kdvr.com/2018/10/19/studies-car-accidents-up-in-colorado-other-states-with-legalized-recreational-marijuana/

@foxsuprise
There is a good amount of research on cannabis use I'd say just not enough on medical application. Vaping not so much. Unfortunately there is something insanely dangerous about vape juice being dubbed "vaping illness" or "vaping lung disease" and it's suspected to be an additive some companies use which is a synthetic form of vitamin E though it's uncertain. It's used in both the nicotine ones and cannabis but more the later because the addictive has the appearance of cannabis oil. There is dry herb vapourizers out there though.

@shadowblaster5
@seiya
Different strains have different scents and edibles don't make people have an odor. Vaping doesn't produce as strong an odor either. Also most places it's legal require it to be done at home only.
Dec 5, 2019 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
foxize said:
@ all the people talking about every drug should be legal, I have to raise the question:
Why?
So many of these drugs have addictive effects and cause harm NOT JUST to yourself but to others. For some people it may not have an addictive effect, but others they get hooked the moment they try it and will literally do anything for the next hit. It's disgusting and it's like you guys have never seen junkies in the street. These drugs don't just affect the person, it affects their families, their friends, everyone around them. Many drugs people have, they aren't themselves, do you think they should be able to take some heroin or coke and be on the streets? That's a terrifying concept to think about.
But yeah, yay for everyone having access to weed/heroin/cocaine etc and having the narrow minded mentality that it only affects the user that takes it. Dumbasses.

As for weed, I don't see a reason it should be legalised outside of medical reasons. A lot of people do get addicted on the product and it has some negative effects on the people that take it, both physical (anything you smoke is bound to not be beneficial to your lungs) and emotionally as it's an enhancer. If you're feeling sad, it will only make it worse. At the very least it shouldn't be legalised for minors because of the greater risk of physical harm (brain problems!)

Weed is safe once the brain has matured. Age 21 and up is fine. Also weed is not an addictive substance at all. People who smoke alot need to consume larger amounts to get high because they don’t wait long enough for the thc in their body to get flushed out. To get thr most out of weed one should take tolerance breaks. And people who smoke too much wil likely become unproductive. If you smoke only what you need then you can be highly productive and creative or do / experience whatever you want to on an enhanced level. Best thing about weed is there is no overdose and there is no hangover.

Personally I am very disciplined about weed. I only smoke once per week maybe half a gram max. I drink plenty of water and exercise 3 - 4 times per week so basically everytime I smoke is like thr first time (thc is stored in body fat). Also I don’t smoke if I am unhappy or in a bad mood. I smoke to relax, get creative, stay focused, increase appetite, get a good night’s sleep, boost my libido etc.

And those who say CBD is rubbish you are wrong. It has its uses too. I find it helps with sleep and also the opposite. If I am lacking in sleep a little CBD vapr or oil drops will help me to stay awake better then coffee or an energy drink. It is great for the eyes also great for muscle / back pain. Useful for so many things. You guys (all genders) need to research it more. Don’t write it off and don’t over do it. Too much of anything is bad. Even too much of a good thing.
removed-userDec 5, 2019 6:27 PM
Dec 5, 2019 6:14 PM
Mar 2018
I dislike Marijuana. I have tried it a few times. In the worst day I ended up hallucinating a lot (I guess it is not a very good idea to mix a lot of alcohol and weed). In my country it is illegal.

All drugs are bad for your body, but I think the state should not interfere much in its citizens' lives. If you want to fuck up your health with drugs, feel free to, as long as you do not affect others.
Dec 5, 2019 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
Gho3st said:
I dislike Marijuana. I have tried it a few times. In the worst day I ended up hallucinating a lot (I guess it is not a very good idea to mix a lot of alcohol and weed). In my country it is illegal.

All drugs are bad for your body, but I think the state should not interfere much in its citizens' lives. If you want to fuck up your health with drugs, feel free to, as long as you do not affect others.

Weed does not cause hallucinations. The most potent strains may cause closed eye hallucinations thats it. Weed isn’t bad for the body it even helps to reverse cancer. Smoking too much is what is bad for the body because of combustion and the chemicals that get released from that. Weed itself contains the same stuff that is already in your body. It just activates your receptors.
Dec 5, 2019 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
I support it, but it really doesn't actually make a difference to me because I never smoke. All weed does is make me anxious and hungry. And yes I've tried multiple strains so don't give me that "UR jusT SMOKING THE WRONG STRAIN BRO!!!111" shit.
Dec 5, 2019 6:44 PM

May 2013
PureBlueSF said:
I support it, but it really doesn't actually make a difference to me because I never smoke. All weed does is make me anxious and hungry. And yes I've tried multiple strains so don't give me that "UR jusT SMOKING THE WRONG STRAIN BRO!!!111" shit.

You seem to have some pent up aggression. Maybe you should chill and smoke some weed. You are probably smoking the wrong strain bro.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Dec 5, 2019 6:44 PM
Mar 2018
FlowersInTheRain said:
Gho3st said:

Weed does not cause hallucinations. The most potent strains may cause closed eye hallucinations thats it. Weed isn’t bad for the body it even helps to reverse cancer. Smoking too much is what is bad for the body because of combustion and the chemicals that get released from that. Weed itself contains the same stuff that is already in your body. It just activates your receptors.

I was really hallucinating. My friend recorded me. I remember I thought I was seeing Jon Snow, then I was in a roller-coaster (among other things, I started to see a lot of weird shit). If you never experienced hallucinations with weed, search more on google about weeds' effects.
Dec 5, 2019 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
Alpha_Tranny said:

You seem to have some pent up aggression. Maybe you should chill and smoke some weed. You are probably smoking the wrong strain bro.

Nah, I'm good.

bottomtextbottomtext
Dec 5, 2019 8:10 PM

Feb 2018
traed said:

There is a good amount of research on cannabis use I'd say just not enough on medical application.

Not sure what you mean by "good research on cannabis", so I'm assuming you mean in terms of recreational use?
If so, perhaps this is a "agree to disagree" scenario,but I feel as the recreational use and medical application overlap a lot, hence information on both ends should be optimal. This is because both target the body, with its host wanting to achieve "beneficial factors", with effect on health. It's like how some people use it to concentrate, or feel calm, or pain relief; it effects your health either way,and it effects the body. Perhaps I'd categorize it as an alternative to other drugs the doctor may prescribe, and perhaps I can differentiate from the medical field since they try to research drug-drug interactions whereas general use of the drug does not. But, it's still used by the general public to effect your mental status, which is as close to the definition of medical application as I can get from general use.

traed said:
Vaping not so much. Unfortunately there is something insanely dangerous about vape juice being dubbed "vaping illness" or "vaping lung disease" and it's suspected to be an additive some companies use which is a synthetic form of vitamin E though it's uncertain. It's used in both the nicotine ones and cannabis but more the later because the addictive has the appearance of cannabis oil. There is dry herb vapourizers out there though.

That sounds really interesting, thanks for the info! I quickly researched this out of curiosity, and to add on, it seems there's also guidelines that people should avoid THC-containing products, which is especially prevalent within vaping and e-cigarette use. This is because there is a higher incidence for those who have been diagnosed (with proper patient history) using THC in the last 3 months (83%) versus those who haven't used THC at all (4%). But yeah, you're right in the fact that plenty of this info is uncertain.
Dec 5, 2019 8:17 PM

Mar 2008
@flowersintherain
It can do more than CEVs (listed as "internal hallucinations"). Look under subjective effects.
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Cannabis

Also no it's not the same as the endocannabinoids in your body just similar. Also CB1 and CB2 arent the only receptors THC and CBD and other cannabinoids in cannabis activate. At higher doses it activates a lot more than those. I forgot the full list but i may find it later.

@gho3st
While it may cause hallucinations at high doses I never heard it cause the type you described as far as I am aware (see link above) unless you have used psychedelics several times before in which it can trigger flashback type hallucinations. Another possability is you have a predisposition for psychosis from your genes and are sensitive to THC. Other than that if you got it from somewhere shady it could have been laced or contaminated with some other drug.

@foxsuprise
Research on safety profile and general effects i meant.

THC absorbs into the lungs quite quickly so it's unlikely an issue. The synthetic vitamin E in some vaping fluids is sticky and clings to the lungs and doesn't really absorb right which is what the theory is. There has been insanely eerie cases. Like one where a teen needed a full lung transplant. I also assume some cheap vapes might be heating to an improper temperature that is too hot and scalding the lungs I bet but i cant be sure.
traedDec 5, 2019 8:32 PM
Dec 5, 2019 8:41 PM
Mar 2018
traed said:
@flowersintherain
It can do more than CEVs (listed as "internal hallucinations"). Look under subjective effects.

@gho3st
While it may cause hallucinations at high doses I never heard it cause the type you described as far as I am aware (see link above) unless you have used psychedelics several times before in which it can trigger flashback type hallucinations. Another possability is you have a predisposition for psychosis from your genes and are sensitive to THC. Other than that if you got it from somewhere shady it could have been laced or contaminated with some other drug.

My grandfather had schizophrenia. I might have predisposition for psychosis. I have to be careful with psychedelic drugs. The day I had hallucinations I was very drunk before smoking the weed, and then kept drinking and smoking, until I threw up. I was so bad I could not walk, my friend had to drag me home.
About the weed being contaminated with other stuff, it is possible. But I do not know what could be mixed with it in cigarettes.
Dec 5, 2019 9:12 PM

Jun 2016
The state I live in has medical marijuana. I've heard it's pretty easy to get a medical card although you have to pay $200 per year or something to maintain it.

I've tried marijuana (smoking and edibles) but I'm not a big fan. It makes me either sleepy or paranoid.

But I do think it should be completely legalized. The war on drugs has been nothing but a disaster. If I can walk into a gas station and buy a quart of liquor, why not some weed too. "Yeah, gimme a pack of weed with that."
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Dec 5, 2019 9:29 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Every time I see someone unironically trying to argue that marijuana should be legal this pops into my head.

Dec 5, 2019 9:33 PM

Mar 2008
Gho3st said:
traed said:
@flowersintherain

@gho3st

My grandfather had schizophrenia. I might have predisposition for psychosis. I have to be careful with psychedelic drugs. The day I had hallucinations I was very drunk before smoking the weed, and then kept drinking and smoking, until I threw up. I was so bad I could not walk, my friend had to drag me home.
About the weed being contaminated with other stuff, it is possible. But I do not know what could be mixed with it in cigarettes.

Ah yeah. There is certain genes that can make THC trigger having schizophrenia and if this took place long enough ago and you seem fine perhaps you have similar but different genes. Hm alcohol is an NMDA antagonist and can cause hallucinations that way but it has to be pretty high amount I think idk so that's also possible. Maybe you obtained synthetic cannabinoids instead sold as cannabis.
Dec 5, 2019 9:45 PM

Feb 2015
A bill has been approved here to legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes and just ended there since Duterte reconsidered and pushing it further to the Senate won't go anywhere. People are still divided on legalizing it for recreational use.

I don't smoke at all, but I don't mind it being fully legalized. Some of the likes of cocaine and meth are far more addictive and risky than marijuana.
Dec 5, 2019 10:24 PM

May 2015
Opposition against legalization has and will always be a political agenda. Personally, I don't really care for most consumption but I hardly take people who are against seriously unless they have strong argumentation

Dec 6, 2019 8:24 AM

Jul 2012
smoke weed everyday
Its a drug that's less harmful than alcohol
Dec 6, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2015
foxize said:
@ all the people talking about every drug should be legal, I have to raise the question:
Why?
So many of these drugs have addictive effects and cause harm NOT JUST to yourself but to others.
For some people it may not have an addictive effect, but others they get hooked the moment they try it and will literally do anything for the next hit. It's disgusting and it's like you guys have never seen junkies in the street. These drugs don't just affect the person, it affects their families, their friends, everyone around them. Many drugs people have, they aren't themselves, do you think they should be able to take some heroin or coke and be on the streets? That's a terrifying concept to think about.
But yeah, yay for everyone having access to weed/heroin/cocaine etc and having the narrow minded mentality that it only affects the user that takes it. Dumbasses.

And that's where I have to stop you.
1/Countries where it's legal actually have less smokers than countries where it is illegal
2/Tobacco is more addictive than weed. Alcohol is the hardest drug basides opoids, and it's not only legal, but you're socially pressured to drink some. Cafeine is more addictive than weed. Sugar is more addictive than weed. Endorphines are much, much more addictive than weed.

You probably realize too that all those poor people who are affected by "le evil drugs" would run into millions less problems if it was legal? So I'm not sure what's your problem calling people dumbasses. I'm not sure either why you brought up coke and heroine unless you're one of these fear mongering ignorant tard who claims a joint leads to hardcore opoids addiction. You should probably just educate yourself, because your bit about "one hit and they're hooked" shows that you have literally no idea what we're talking about.

And before you give me your crap, I was raised by an ex-junkie and an alcoholic. I know exactly what I'm talking about, unlike you.
DeathkoDec 6, 2019 9:38 AM
Dec 6, 2019 11:45 AM

May 2018
if cigarettes and alcohol is legal why isnt weed, if anything out of those two weed has less health risks in comparison.
Dec 6, 2019 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
SadMadoka said:
I support the natural right of doing whatever you please with your own body as long as it doesn't violate the rights of others. (Energy drinks are my drug of choice, though.)

Marijuana may (or may not) be legalized on the federal level soon.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/house-committee-approves-bill-decriminalizing-marijuana-on-the-federal-level.html

The war on drugs creates violent crime by enabling black markets, and illicit drug use has skyrocketed since it began. So much for that...

Back in colonial times, it was actually illegal for land owners not to grow hemp. How times have changed...

Fucking YES. Why is this so hard for some people? If I'm not harming others or others property, its none of your gdamn business what I do with my spare time in the privacy of my own home...

More on topic, yes I partake. Do I think its a good thing? Ehh the high it gives me, absolutely duh. The negative effects like lung cancer its also probably giving me, not so much.

I live in Pa so medicinally legal but not for recreational use. They are trying to push that for 2020 but I'm not that lucky.
Dec 7, 2019 6:16 AM

Jun 2014
I am a clinical social worker.

Marijuana and Alcohol should be 25+ only.
Our brains are not fully developed until age 25.
Medical marijuana should be legalized on the federal level.
Cigarettes should be taxed very very heavily
The 1% of the population who develop schizophrenia will get it at a younger age if they consume marijuana.

Everything should be done in moderation. Too much sugar = diabetes II. Salt = High blood pressure. Too much Marijuana = poor brain development.
Feeling high is cool, but it also impairs your ability to form new memories
GrimorumInvokeDec 7, 2019 6:22 AM
Dec 7, 2019 6:29 AM

Jun 2014
Katagari said:
SadMadoka said:
I support the natural right of doing whatever you please with your own body as long as it doesn't violate the rights of others. (Energy drinks are my drug of choice, though.)

Marijuana may (or may not) be legalized on the federal level soon.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/house-committee-approves-bill-decriminalizing-marijuana-on-the-federal-level.html

The war on drugs creates violent crime by enabling black markets, and illicit drug use has skyrocketed since it began. So much for that...

Back in colonial times, it was actually illegal for land owners not to grow hemp. How times have changed...

Fucking YES. Why is this so hard for some people? If I'm not harming others or others property, its none of your gdamn business what I do with my spare time in the privacy of my own home...

On the micro level, you are absolutely right.
On the macro level, it will be detrimental to our student's academics.

Teenagers often copy others
Peer pressure
Diffusion of responsibility
Teenagers who smoke 3x a day will struggle tremendously in school
Teenagers who face troubles may turn to marijuana to escape rather than developing healthy coping mechanisms
Dec 7, 2019 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
personally i do not like it because i smell marijuana when i'm walking on the streets and i ain't down for second hand smoking
Dec 7, 2019 10:27 AM
Mar 2019
i want snoop dog to come here and smoke with me
Dec 7, 2019 1:54 PM

Mar 2008
GrimorumInvoke said:

The 1% of the population who develop schizophrenia will get it at a younger age if they consume marijuana.

Everything should be done in moderation. Too much sugar = diabetes II. Salt = High blood pressure. Too much Marijuana = poor brain development.

That's more pop science. The brain is fully formed by birth and throughout life till death is always changing with experiences. Brain aging isn't even linear some physical and mental functions improve with age and some decline.

Cannabis does alter brain wiring but there isn't good evidence this causes any negative impact to function. Everything showing it lowers IQ or inhibits memory is reversed not too long upon sensation of chronic use iirc.

Also studies on the effect on memory often are inconsistent. Some say it worsens memory some say it improves memory. An animal study showed it seems to effect memory dependant on age but what that age is in humans isn't apparent.

I am not sure why you included alcohol there. Alcohol is carcinogenic and harms the renal system but beyond fetal development I've not heard of any suggestion it harms brain development (which as I pointed out is a misnomer). Alcohol both inhibits memory formation during and enhances memory formation before intoxication. There are a few countries even children drink and we don't see huge problems with people's mental abilities from them all. I'd say nicotine is more of a concern for the brain especially if it's tobacco products. It's been suggested tobacco products may increase the potential for addiction to other drugs. Also smoking at a young age regularly has been in one study suggested to possibly inhibit improvement in decision making from developing it slows it down (though this may not be a causal effect).

There is some evidence supporting CBD as an antipsychotic. Also that 1% that develops schizophrenia after THC dominant cannabis use has a specific set of genes that have been identified and thus can be screened for so there is no evidence that supports that being caused by age of first use.

Unrelated bonus info: females possibly have a different drug addiction potential from males for certain drugs where they are at increased risk. Can't recall which though but I vaguely recall meth being one and maybe cocaine? Idk just look it up.
Dec 7, 2019 2:06 PM

Jun 2014
traed said:
GrimorumInvoke said:

That's more pop science. The brain is fully formed by birth and throughout life till death is always changing with experiences. Brain aging isn't even linear some physical and mental functions improve with age and some decline.

Cannabis does alter brain wiring but there isn't good evidence this causes any negative impact to function. Everything showing it lowers IQ or inhibits memory is reversed not too long upon sensation of chronic use iirc.

Also studies on the effect on memory often are inconsistent. Some say it worsens memory some say it improves memory. An animal study showed it seems to effect memory dependant on age but what that age is in humans isn't apparent.

I am not sure why you included alcohol there. Alcohol is carcinogenic and harms the renal system but beyond fetal development I've not heard of any suggestion it harms brain development (which as I pointed out is a misnomer). Alcohol both inhibits memory formation during and enhances memory formation before intoxication. There are a few countries even children drink and we don't see huge problems with people's mental abilities from them all. I'd say nicotine is more of a concern for the brain especially if it's tobacco products. It's been suggested tobacco products may increase the potential for addiction to other drugs. Also smoking at a young age regularly has been in one study suggested to possibly inhibit improvement in decision making from developing it slows it down (though this may not be a causal effect).

There is some evidence supporting CBD as an antipsychotic. Also that 1% that develops schizophrenia after THC dominant cannabis use has a specific set of genes that have been identified and thus can be screened for so there is no evidence that supports that being caused by age of first use.

Unrelated bonus info: females possibly have a different drug addiction potential from males for certain drugs where they are at increased risk. Can't recall which though but I vaguely recall meth being one and maybe cocaine? Idk just look it up.

Clinical studies have completely verified that smoking marijuana impairs your ability to form new memory. I must say studies also show everything can be reversed when you stop using; however, you cannot reverse time. My focus is on teens who learn rapidly. When you are high, you are simply not learning as well as others during your prime. Too much of anything is not good. I can support one bong hit as a reward AFTER studying hard.
Dec 7, 2019 3:00 PM

Mar 2008
GrimorumInvoke said:
traed said:

Clinical studies have completely verified that smoking marijuana impairs your ability to form new memory. I must say studies also show everything can be reversed when you stop using; however, you cannot reverse time. My focus is on teens who learn rapidly. When you are high, you are simply not learning as well as others during your prime. Too much of anything is not good. I can support one bong hit as a reward AFTER studying hard.

Btw forgot to mention the age 25 is based on myelination average from some study. THC actually has been investigated to treat demyelantion diseases.

I've seen studies and they mainly iirc were focused in use five times a week or more or didn't even question use frequency or only looked at effects of being high at the moment. I don't recall one's that suggested signifigance for less frequent use. Also to my recall they failed to account for depression and stress that would decline memory at least in the ones I saw before. Again it's a case of correlation not inherently being causality. It could be people more depressed and stressed are more likely to partake in cannabus use. There is some evidence it can not just inhibit memory but enhance memory one being the animal study I mentioned which was age dependant effect and I also have anecdotal evidence of memory enhancement. Also some studies show short term memory impairment paired with long term memory enhancement. So its difficult to sort through all that.

Anyway I get the point you tried to make. I suggest you do some looking up into neuroplasticity. Although it's in general true it's easiest to learn in youth you can change your brain at any age.

Bonus: anticholinergic drugs damage cognition in long term use. These can include common OTC meds such as the antihistamine Benadryl (diphenhydramine)

Double bonus: some studies suggest use of NSAIDs such as paracemitol/acetaminophen reduces ability to feel empathy. This is because emotional pain is still pain to the brain.
Dec 7, 2019 3:12 PM

Nov 2013
I'm completely against it, of course. I'm not insane. Legalization of drugs is a great strategy that corrupt politicians use to make people more stupid and easier to be manipulated.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 7, 2019 3:18 PM

Mar 2008
KRKodama said:
I'm completely against it, of course. I'm not insane. Legalization of drugs is a great strategy that corrupt politicians use to make people more stupid and easier to be manipulated.

If that were true they never would have made them illegal to begin with.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

9 by 0arche »»
2 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

15 by traed »»
4 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

14 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 11 hours ago

25 by Kikugi »»
1 hour ago

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - 2 hours ago

2 by Sad »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.