Forum Settings
Forums

It's (Current Year) Why is homosexuality considered controversial?

New
Dec 4, 2019 9:02 AM

May 2013
I pose this question as a legitimate one. Not even a shitpost. Why is homosexuality and LGBT existence considered controversial my conventional standards in 2019?

I would think we would be open enough as a community to have a mature and interesting discussion about sexuality but alas I guess we cannot. Maybe some day we can openly discuss homosexuality as much as we can discuss heterosexuality on a forum.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 4, 2019 9:05 AM
Feb 2017
Idk, I don’t see it as controversial. Do whatever gay you want to do. Just like some people enjoy eating rocks, people can enjoy being big gay.
Dec 4, 2019 9:09 AM

Jan 2009
ask the moderators lol

kidding aside its because the religious feelings are gonna get hurt
Dec 4, 2019 9:09 AM

May 2013
BlakexEkalb said:
Idk, I don’t see it as controversial. Do whatever gay you want to do. Just like some people enjoy eating rocks, people can enjoy being big gay.

Right? I'm not sure why it is considered controversial. Maybe someone who sees it as such can elaborate for me eventually.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 4, 2019 9:13 AM

Mar 2018
deg said:
its because the religious feelings are gonna get hurt
I as a fairly well known propagator of certain political beliefs (consult my favorite people list for more information) agree with this.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Dec 4, 2019 9:13 AM
Feb 2017
Alpha_Tranny said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Right? I'm not sure why it is considered controversial. Maybe someone who sees it as such can elaborate for me eventually.

I mean I’m Christian but it’s not like I’m a homophobe. It’s as if, idk, everyone has their own opinions and we humans are not in a hive mind.
Dec 4, 2019 9:16 AM

May 2013
Anill said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

Religious dogmas, AIDS, associated with perversions, associated with pedophilia, indoctrination from a young age. Many reasons, all will brake away though, as humanity progresses. For better, or for worse.

Maybe one day we can all be wonderful degenerates together.

@BlakexEkalb And that's a healthy mentality to have, I am not Christian but do not care if one is or isn't. Alot of people on any side of any thought or opinion all like to hang on to the negative and instead of just taking everything in a healthy and well adjusted way.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 4, 2019 9:21 AM
Feb 2017
Alpha_Tranny said:
Anill said:

Religious dogmas, AIDS, associated with perversions, associated with pedophilia, indoctrination from a young age. Many reasons, all will brake away though, as humanity progresses. For better, or for worse.

Maybe one day we can all be wonderful degenerates together.

@BlakexEkalb And that's a healthy mentality to have, I am not Christian but do not care if one is or isn't. Alot of people on any side of any thought or opinion all like to hang on to the negative and instead of just taking everything in a healthy and well adjusted way.

I mean I just look at common human decency. We’re all humans at the end of the day.
Dec 4, 2019 9:24 AM

Jan 2009
Luchse said:
deg said:
its because the religious feelings are gonna get hurt
I as a fairly well known propagator of certain political beliefs (consult my favorite people list for more information) agree with this.

i have not seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes yet so im not sure what you mean lol
Dec 4, 2019 9:26 AM

Mar 2018
deg said:
Luchse said:

i have not seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes yet so im not sure what you mean lol
Cmon deg everyone here knows about my extremely far right views.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Dec 4, 2019 9:27 AM

Jan 2009
Luchse said:
deg said:

ah ok so your telling me LOGH is far right? damn
Dec 4, 2019 9:29 AM

Mar 2018
deg said:
Luchse said:

I was pointing towards "people" part of the list in my first post. Rudolf's Empire certainly is on pair with Third Reich about certain things.

Dec 4, 2019 9:31 AM

May 2013
Luchse said:
deg said:

I was pointing towards "people" part of the list in my first post. Rudolf's Empire certainly is on pair with Third Reich about certain things.

Yeah, daddy Hitler is a whole different beast.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 4, 2019 9:31 AM

Jan 2009
Luchse said:
deg said:

oh im blind i did not see Hitler there lol
Dec 4, 2019 9:35 AM

Mar 2018
Alpha_Tranny said:
Luchse said:

Yeah, daddy Hitler is a whole different beast.
deg said:
Luchse said:

oh im blind i did not see Hitler there lol
Alright back to the topic before someone locks the thread under the pretense of potential far right indoctrination...

Anill said:
Luchse said:

Edgy af, Stalin was much cooler bruh.
Please no commie cancer.

Dec 4, 2019 9:38 AM

Feb 2015
Hard to say. For a very long time, many people had a religious upbringing which some are made to believe that these "acts" are to be condemned that is especially heard of in Abrahamic religions. The matter of fully accepting their sexuality has been relatively recent.
Dec 4, 2019 9:42 AM

Jan 2018
I wish homosexuality was more normalized, it shouldn't matter what your sexuality is. Yeah most homophobes are closeted homos haha
Dec 4, 2019 9:50 AM

May 2019
Indeed. My mere existence being seen as controversial... Oh woe is me.
Dec 4, 2019 9:51 AM

Mar 2018
Freshell said:
The future of our 5 G squad is in grave danger...

Dec 4, 2019 9:53 AM

May 2013
Luchse said:
Freshell said:

@Freshell Maybe some day we will all be able to frolic in our gayness without fear of being controversial.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 4, 2019 9:58 AM
Feb 2017
Alpha_Tranny said:
Luchse said:

@Freshell Maybe some day we will all be able to frolic in our gayness without fear of being controversial.

That’s pretty big gay tbh.......
Dec 4, 2019 9:59 AM

May 2019
Luchse said:
Freshell said:

Our only option may be to up the ante and add an extra G. The next next generation of gay.
Dec 4, 2019 10:41 AM

Mar 2019
Alpha_Tranny said:
I pose this question as a legitimate one. Not even a shitpost. Why is homosexuality and LGBT existence considered controversial my conventional standards in 2019?

I would think we would be open enough as a community to have a mature and interesting discussion about sexuality but alas I guess we cannot. Maybe some day we can openly discuss homosexuality as much as we can discuss heterosexuality on a forum.
It's associated with social justice warriors, obviously.

L.g.b.t.-acceptance actually went down in recent times amongst the youth — that's probably related to its association with social justice warriors and related forms of social authoritarinism.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Dec 4, 2019 10:48 AM

Jan 2009
How controversial anything is depends on the people around you. Actually, to me, it feels more controversial to state that you're just straight here without having anyone referencing the Kinsey scale as "proof" that everyone is at least a bit gay
Dec 4, 2019 11:04 AM

Feb 2019
LGBTQ? What? Are you a SJW or what? Why are you trying to bring politics into our anime? Go be a progressive cuck somewhere else. Western politics have no place in anime, stop proselytizing. Fucking soycuck weirdo.

Excuse me, I had to deal with some progressive activists. Now, where was I? Oh yes, as I was saying, Japan's the last bastion against the progressive normies and western sensitivities.
Dec 4, 2019 11:45 AM

May 2013
Sphinxter said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

L.g.b.t.-acceptance actually went down in recent times amongst the youth — that's probably related to its association with social justice warriors and related forms of social authoritarinism.

That's a valid point and really sad. Social progressivism has caused the discourse around such topics to regress which is really sad.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 4, 2019 11:50 AM
Feb 2017
Noboru said:
How controversial anything is depends on the people around you. Actually, to me, it feels more controversial to state that you're just straight here without having anyone referencing the Kinsey scale as "proof" that everyone is at least a bit gay

Honestly that’s almost accurate tbh.
Dec 4, 2019 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
BlakexEkalb said:
Honestly that’s almost accurate tbh.
What do you refer to exactly and what's missing in your eyes?
Dec 4, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2018
Kosmonaut said:
LGBTQ? What? Are you a SJW or what? Why are you trying to bring politics into our anime? Go be a progressive cuck somewhere else. Western politics have no place in anime, stop proselytizing. Fucking soycuck weirdo.

Excuse me, I had to deal with some progressive activists. Now, where was I? Oh yes, as I was saying, Japan's the last bastion against the progressive normies and western sensitivities.

Jeez, what did I tell you? Only one bottle of Trans-woman-cucktittymilk-betasoy ™ a day! Don't go overboard again or you'll be sent back to the Jews for another spanking session
poop
Dec 4, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2019
Alpha_Tranny said:
Sphinxter said:

That's a valid point and really sad. Social progressivism has caused the discourse around such topics to regress which is really sad.
This is exactly why I care not for "left" vs "right" or "progressive" vs "conservative"; I care about but one thing: social liberalism.

There's been plenty of progressive social authoritarianism where the authoritarianism has been about new changes — a man is to have the right to decide how he lives his own life — and the truth of the matter is that, at the very least some very vocal members of the so-called "l.g.b.t-community" have been attempting to push for a large number of socially authoritarian changes that dictate how others should live thier lives.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Dec 4, 2019 12:15 PM

May 2013
Sphinxter said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

This is exactly why I care not for "left" vs "right" or "progressive" vs "conservative"; I care about but one thing: social liberalism.

There's been plenty of progressive social authoritarianism where the authoritarianism has been about new changes — a man is to have the right to decide how he lives his own life — and the truth of the matter is that, at the very least some very vocal members of the so-called "l.g.b.t-community" have been attempting to push for a large number of socially authoritarian changes that dictate how others should live thier lives.

Those authoritarian LGBT can and sadly will never see the irony in their actions. It's a shame that the future looks like it will be decided by them.

It seems as though social liberalism won't be a thing in the near future.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 4, 2019 12:52 PM

Feb 2019
Esquirtit said:
Kosmonaut said:

Jeez, what did I tell you? Only one bottle of Trans-woman-cucktittymilk-betasoy ™ a day! Don't go overboard again or you'll be sent back to the Jews for another spanking session
Are the Jews handing out free spankings? How wasn't I made aware of such great community services?
Dec 4, 2019 3:43 PM

Nov 2013
I'm more surprised the cultural acceptance of it changed to the extent it's at from my youth.

If it gets a bad reputation now, it is largely the sjw things associated with it, young people using non-binary sort of markers as a fashion statement which causes controversy, and some cringey clips about a pride parade people see, not lgbt in it of itself.

I can see you

Dec 4, 2019 5:35 PM

Oct 2019
I think that much of the flak that homos received has pretty much diminished in first world countries at least. The trans movement on the other hand is seen as a social science movement. And social sciences by their nature leave much room for discourse in the way in which the results of an experiment can be perceived. So essentially I think that people are fighting - credible ones at the academia at least - over definitions and classifications or even the very existence (of gender mostly I might add) rather than actual hate towards people who identify themselves as something apart from the norm.
Dec 4, 2019 8:52 PM

Feb 2019
People are going to keep finding issue with this kind of thing until we can achieve immortality. Most of the concern comes from parents realizing they raised their son to adulthood and he's not going to propagate the family bloodline. If people lived forever (Or could be cloned,) this wouldn't be an issue. This also doesn't take into consideration sperm donation or planarian worm hybridization.
Dec 4, 2019 9:00 PM

Apr 2015
Is it? There are gay characters in shows for preschoolers now. I wouldn't call that "controversial."
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 4, 2019 10:30 PM

Jun 2019
On the macro scale it varies radically by nation and culture and beyond that, by upbringing in terms of ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, and just individual familial and individual personal beliefs and practices. It's not like there will ever be some universal default view on it that everyone shares, anymore than on any other topic.

And I don't think whatever the current year is it, be it 2018, 2019, 2020, or 2050 has all that much to do with it. History isn't on some linear trajectory. There were specific times and places even in centuries and millennia past of extreme openness in the sense of sexual libertinism and a laissez-faire attitude toward self-expression, and having a strict closed attitude to anything which deviates from the standard cultural norm and majority, in the case of sexuality, heterosexuality, is not at all surprising even in 2019 or any other year.

It's not like you can expect 30 years from now to be inevitably heading in the same direction as now just because. History is more cyclical than that and the pendulum swings in either direction all the time. Nothing guarantees the longevity of liberal-progressivism socially in the Western culture. All ideologies are transient.
Dec 4, 2019 11:05 PM

May 2019
Sphinxter said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

That's not what I get from looking up polls on their views.

48% for it's explicitly good. Even more than who were neutral. Only a very small minority are explicitly against. Now the amount of acceptance doesn't seem to have accelerated and those numbers indicate a statistical tie between Millennials and Gen Z, but the trend has hardly reversed, at least for now.

An example of Gen Z being more tolerant in one area.
FreshellDec 4, 2019 11:22 PM
Dec 4, 2019 11:16 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Alpha_Tranny said:

Apparently not.

Thread locked.

Casual Discussion Rule 7b: Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 9 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
58 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 12 hours ago

3 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 6 hours ago

1 by KitsuFrost »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.